• Published 20th Feb 2016
  • 396 Views, 12 Comments

My Life As an Underappreciated Ponyville Nurse - Sailor_Pluto



Short stories of Nurse Redheart and the ponies who underappreciate her.

  • ...
2
 12
 396

Chapter I

I stared at the odd spectacle in front of me, not really sure what to make of the situation.

“Please, nurse, help us!” One of the unicorns, a mare, begged me in a tone that shouted: “I can’t be stuck with these ponies anymore!”

Yes, I said stuck. Because they were, in fact, somehow all stuck in a ginormous sweater which seemed to be alive. And digesting them.

Eh, I’ve seen weirder things.

I pulled a clipboard from one of the counters and looked at a random list of symptoms for something.

“Any swelling?”

“What?”

“Any burns?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Any rashes?"

"What?"

"Ma'am, I'm trying to help you, but if you will not accept my help, I'm afraid I might make a diagnosis that isn't quite true." I tapped the clipboard. "Now, answer my questions. Any swelling?"

"I...I don't think so."

"Any burns?"

"Um...maybe? It's kind of hard to tell..." The mare tried to look at her back hooves, but found that she couldn't because of the sweater's internal organs surrounding them. "W-we'll go with 'yes'."

I made a note on my clipboard. "Any rashes?"

"No."

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" I handed off the clipboard to a passing doctor. "Because of the information you were able to give me, I've written a diagnosis that cannot possibly be incorrect."

"What did it say?"

"'Mare and several other ponies being digested by ginormous living sweater.'"

The mare glared at me. "Couldn't you have written that just by looking at us?!"

"I wanted to make sure I was getting all the right information before I made that assumption."

"None of the questions you asked related to my situation in any way!"

"You don't know that."

"I DO KNOW THAT!!!"

"Listen, ma'am, I know what I'm doing. I assure you those questions were essential for diagnosing your situation."

"Trust me, they weren't!"

"Ma'am, if you're going to give me an attitude, I might just send you to a different hospital."

"Whatever!" The mare huffed and began dragging her and the sweater towards the exit. "I'll just go to Princess Twilight and her friends! They can blast the sweater right off!"

I stared at them until they were gone, then sighed. "Honestly, ponies don't respect me as much as they should."