• Published 3rd Jan 2016
  • 339 Views, 2 Comments

Stuck in a Cabin - Runaway_Stray23



When the main 6 go to the Apple's cabin for winter break, a snowstorm traps Rainbow Dash and Applejack alone in the woods. Nothing in miles, a broken down car, they're forced to stay together for the week.

  • ...
 2
 339

Chapter One

RAINBOW DASH P.O.V.

"We'll be on our way." Twilight said. The other girls were already in the car, waiting for the girl.

They were on their way back to town to get some drinks. Mainly alcohol because there wasn't much left. Also because the storm was coming and it'd probably be impossible to get out of this cabin. So Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle were going on an adventure to get beer! The only one who wasn't old enough to drink was pinkie, she was 18. The rest of us were 21, except Twilight, she was 20. She was gonna turn 21 this weekend.

After she closed the door, I stood up the couch. I left my phone there and walked to the kitchen. AJ was on her laptop, doing who knows what. I didn't care, I was just getting a drink.

I grabbed one of the handles for the cabinets and pulled. Behind it, was glasses. I picked one out and closed it, then went to the sink. I held my glass under the the faucet, turn the knob. Water felt into the glass, filling it up until I turned the knob back to stop the water. My glass was a little bit more than half way full.

I leaned against the counter, setting my drink to the side. I stared at AJ, she didn't notice. "Whatcha up to?"

"Nothin'" Her eyes were still on the screen. She was too focused on whatever was happening.

"I bet you're watching porn." I tried to say it as calm as I could. I grabbed my glass of water and took a sip.

Her face flushed red. "Ah.. Umm.. No."

"Yep, you so are." I took another sip before placing my cup and walking to the other side of the counter. "What are you into anyway?"

As I walked over, she looked at me then smiled. "Ya of course."

"Haha" I sarcastically laughed. "You're so funny."

"Ah try mah best." She looked back to her sceen. "Nah, ah just thought 'bout lookin' at this."

I walked over to see to look at the screen. When I arrived, I saw an article with a picture of a pile of snow. I was confused at first until I realized what the title of the article was.

"Holy shit."

"Yeah.. Ah was tryin' to find out more 'bout it." Frustration was in her voice. "But ain't it crazy? That was last year."

I was shocked. Was that what we were gonna be stuck in? I'm kinda glad the girls decided to go now because what I saw on the screen looked horrible. I imagined it to look, terrible. I mean, it just looks like a pile of snow. A huge pile of snow that can cause a lot of problems. Now I'm kinda scared for the girls. Wait, Rainbow Dash doesn't get scared. I'm worried for the girls. Yeah, worried! I know they'll be just fine. They left early, so what's the worse that could happen?

"I think we should ignore this," I closed the laptop. ".. And we should go make hot chocolate."

She sighed. "But don't ya find.. Shockin'?"

"Not too much." I lied. "It's just plain old snow."

"Ya know it's happening tonight, right?"

I looked at her confused. "Why do you say that?"

"Ah don't want ya tryin' to find a way to my bed." She explained. Damn, that would be a good excuse to sleep in the bed with her instead of the floor. Well, I wouldn't be scared of course, no. I'd pretend.

"Aw come on AJ, we all know you want to sleep with the one and only Rainbow Dash!" I posed, trying to make myself look awesome. I was already awesome so I didn't need to worry.

"Right." She chuckled. "That's why I let ya sleep on the floor."

"You just can't take this." I pointed my thumbs towards myself. "So you have to let me sleep on the floor. Which is okay, I understand that I'm awesome."

She started laughing. "Ah can't believe ya."

"I know!" I shot my hands in the air. "I'm too good to be true."

She punched my shoulder.

"Ow, why did you do that?"

She shook her head and walked to the living room, leaving her laptop behind. I followed her and sat beside her on the couch. I picked up my phone and checked the time. 7:26 PM.

"Hey AJ, when is the storm coming in?"

"At 9, why?" She looked at me.

"Nothing, just nothing." I put my phone down and stood up.

"Now where are ya goin'? She stayed where she was while I walked to our room.

I didn't say anything, just turned around and blew her a raspberry. She rolled her eyes and grabbed the TV remote. I was in our room, getting my laptop to check my email. I wanted to see if I was accepted to the Wonderbolts Academy. I knew they had a lot of students to go through, but now that I was old enough, I applied.

I got my laptop and jumped on the bed. I crosses my legs, my back against the wall. I lifted my laptop open, then turned it on. I waited for it to load. After it did so, I opened up Safari, going to my Hotmail account. I didn't have to log in since I made my computer remember my email and password.

Once on the website, I looked through my email. I had a ton of useless facebook notifications, which was annoying. After I looked through mostly everything, I saw that I didn't receive anything from them.

I sighed. I closed the my laptop screen and layed against the wall. I'm pretty sure they read my application by now. I sent it 6 months ago, but I didn't give up. I won't give up until maybe another month.

I placed my laptop in front of me and walked out of the room. I closed the door, then started walking down the hall. I saw AJ sitting still with a pillow on her lap. She was watching TV, but from the sounds of it, it was about the weather.

"Dash, get over here." She kept her eyes on the screen.

I walked over and looked at the screen. I was confused. "What is it?"

"The storm is closer than expected." Worry in her voice.

I started to have this bad feeling. "I'm sure the girls will be fine."

"And us?" She questioned.

"We'll be fine." I assured her. "If we you were to die, I wouldn't let anything kill you except myself."

"Wait, so ya would rather kill me?"

"No! What I mean is.." I was interrupted by AJ's laughing. "Not funny."

She continued to laugh, I stood there with my arms across my chest in annoyance. I can't believe she's laughing at me trying to be all supportive. I wasn't gonna let her get away with this. No, I'll get her back. When she's really scared, I'll be an asshole. I can't wait till later tonight to get her.

"Yer cute." AJ said, still giggling.

"And you're an ass." I dropped my hands down and walk away. "I'm going to the kitchen."

"Fer what?" She followed.

"To get a knife and kill you." I spoke sarcastically. "What else?"

"See! Ya do want to kill me." She walked to the counter and sat at the same seat she sat in earlier.

"Maybe I am a killer." I went to the drawer and lifted a knife. "You wouldn't even know." I turned around and showed her the knife before putting it back.

"Ya wouldn't kill me though." She pushed her laptop to the side. "Ya like me too much."

"Right." I said. "Like I do."

"Ah know ya do." She explained. "Yer always different around me."

"And now you're turning into me." I chuckled. "I knew you couldn't resist."

She looked at me annoyed. I had gotten her there. I was always saying she liked me, but look who's doing it now. It was kinda weird to hear, but I guess that's how she would of felt.

"And you know what that means?" I walked slowly, going behind her. "You're a killer!"

Her face looked so unamused.

"What?" I pretend to look like I didn't know what I did. "I'm just saying."

"Yer an idiot." She put her head down on the counter.

I hugged her from behind. "I know it's sad losing yourself."

She turned around. I was still hugging her, so her face was close to mine. I admit, I was a little nervous. I was nervous enough to keep holding the girl without noticing. It was like I forgot how to let go of someone.

I held my breath and looked into her eyes. "Hey.. Uhh, AJ?"

"Yeah Dash?" I could tell she was nervous too from her voice.

I didn't say anything back. I just look at her eyes, I was lost. I didn't know what do. So we stayed there for a while. It was kinda nice, but still, I was nervous. We were interrupted a loud noise.

"What was that?" I said.

"Ah don't know." She sat up straighter, I got the hint to let go and I did.

"Let's check it out." I started to walk towards the noise.

I felt AJ grab my arm. "What are ya doin'?"

"Checking out what that was." I said as if it was obvious. "Come on."

I pull my arm away, then got a hold of her hand. I dragged her towords the noise with me. It was in the living room from what I could tell.

Applejack was scared, I could tell. So was I, but I like to find out what it was because it gave me relief to know it was nothing. So I would go to the problem head on! I'm guessing AJ didn't do that much because she held my hand tight and was behind me. I had to pull her slightly to get us moving.

I saw my phone on the wooden floor. "Shit."

I let go of AJ's hand and walked towards the phone. Once I was over my phone, I started bend over. I picked it up and looked at the damage. It cracked and the back piece wasn't attached to my phone. The battery was missing too.

"Aww, Come on." I sighed. "I think someone called me."

"Maybe.." She looked at me, staring into my eyes.

"Yeah.." I started. "Hey, how about that hot chocolate."

"Yeah.." She walked to the kitchen, I followed.

She sat down at the counter. I was confused on why she did this. I think it's because of the snow storm. We're gonna be fine. I knew we were. I had no doubt that this would be kinda scary, but it's just snow.

"AJ." I walked over to her. "What's up?"

She looked at me. "It ain't anything important."

I looked at her confused. "It's obviously something if it bothers you."

She sighed. "Ah guess so..."

I didn't know how to talk to her about feelings, so I just patted her back. "Let's make hot chocolate?" I sounded really desperate.

She giggled at my childness. With that she stood up, walking to the fridge. I went to the cabinet. AJ got the milk and I got the powder for the awesome beverage. I set the powder on the counter, AJ did the same with the milk. I didn't notice she was getting a mug from the cabinet until I felt her hand bush against mine softly.

"Sorry." We said at the same time.

I stared at her for a second before we busted out laughing. I didn't know why I was laughing, but I soon realized it was a more forced laugh. Then it got awkward for me to laugh in general, but I did anyway. Soon enough, we spent an entire minute laughing.

"We should stop." I suggested.

"Eyup."