• Published 28th Dec 2015
  • 429 Views, 4 Comments

The hunt for the kill,the hunt for love and the hunt for the love to kill. - TripleSNazi



Come to know and understand the way that Shining Armor got to power and Cadance...a story full of decisions sacrifice and "favors" between friends..

  • ...
8
 4
 429

Let's meet Ben.

Author's Note:

Grammar mistakes and other minor fixes are waiting to be edited (not me an editor) please be patient and don't rate the fiction while not in it's final form.(I am new here :P)

Life is hard or at least Shining Armor thought so and the math kind of ended up that way or at least his math. Starting a career as a royal guard at times of great peace and rapid development was not easy job to have , easy indeed when it came to just staying there as a piece of meat with two eyes and try to look intimidating but not as easy when it came to promotion or ranking up.

There are two ways to get promoted is that simple, the first way that was the easy and safe way: Meaning to stay on duty for 4 years and have the training's required that was very easy to accomplish but the amount of time required to have a decent rank was enormous, just calculate: 4 boring years per rank was such a bad deal that made Shining Armor rethink his career sometimes.

Lets do the math: 18 years old finished his basic military training so from rank 0 he went to Rank 1 (PV2 /Private 2) it took 4 years or to be 22 years old to get to Rank 3 (PFC/Private first class) and the rank he is currently is at the point of 26 years old Rank 4 (SPC/Specialist) .Getting in a decent rank like SMA/Sargent Mayor of the Army would drain his life to the point of 62 years old. At the fucking retiring point just 3 more years to enjoy that rank and he is out of the military. In peaceful times that's as far as you can go. And to no surprised there is no such rank right now because whoever was near of gaining it realized that it was not worth it and that it was bollshit.

At times like this nobody can even dream of getting a rank such as general or anything like it no no no my friend as far as Luna could tell guards didn't even dream of that kind of shit,it was so impossible that lead to that kind of thinking, heh it's so horrible that it sounds funny. The only other way was to take part in combat, show great leader skills, be great on victory and graceful in defeat and most impotently get out alive. The last one didn't always happen unfortunately...but the worst part is that this option didn't even exist on whatever amount you can think of. There is such a great lack of action that the smallest opportunity is taken right away by some other guard that just happened to be there.

Shining Armor as a specialist was specialized on defense strategy and magic that means he is not even in terrain, just guarding the huge ass Canterlot Castle so now Shining Armor is guarding doors for living. Not even mentioning the humiliation of never being able to be any good at real threats like Nightmare Moon or Discord.Plus if all of this wasn't enough the high ranks are complete assholes to other lower thanks (not those who had the power to command just slightly higher rank like CPL/Corporal those who got on charge where always nice persons mostly) cause apparently they had nothing better to do than being sadistic, sometimes I really question their mental health. They appear to have lost their sanity during the years of just guarding doors and doing nothing. Or maybe that's just Shining Armor thinking that way cause he was mistreated and even abused since he got his last rank. Jealousy?-nah...Sadism?-Maybe...Boredom?-Absolutely.

And yeah it did feel nice to have Twilingt around sometimes she just happened to always make up to Shining's Armor day.Twilight was the reason even why Celestia seemed to notice Shining and looked at Shining Armor a little differently than others, Shining also seemed to notice but didn't gave it much thought cause he could not really tell if that was a good or bad thing and he kinda find out the answer to that question a month later when...let's say he was having the roasting of his life by some Corporals and he could not do anything about it. Apparently Twilight was there and saw everything much to his and hers dismay the witnessing had to be from a long distance, Twilight rushed to help but when she arrived at the scene both the bullies and Shineing Armor where gone.She felt the pain in his brother's heart and decided that she will do something about it, later on she complained to Celestia and without knowing why Shineing Armor's military profile was offered a 2 rank promotions by Princess Celestia that of course as the highest authority and experience in combat was the general of the army and the royal "we" also gave the same position to her sister Luna that also absolutely deserved it.

As soon as Shining armor got aware of the situation he was going directly at her highness to ask her about it because really that's was an outrageous offer,in a total of 8 years of work-8 FUCKING YEARS OF WORK.While on his way to princess Celestia's court room Shining Armor spotted Twilight waiting for him in front of the double doors of the court room that normally should have been guarded but 2 royal guards minimum but it looks like they where dismissed for some reason. Shining and Twilight had a small talk and she explained Shining everything he needed to know including the fact that Celestia did not want to talk about it personally with him and that she did that because she needed some who she can trust...*suuure I see how it is*

After a touching thank you and a hug later Twilight and Shining armor parted ways. It did not take long for Shining to accept the offer and become a SGT/Sergeant, Shining knew that this was a great step in his career and needed a celebration but he also knew he had to keep it professional and secret because when other guards found out about the instant double promotion they did not take the news very well cause...obvious reasons, some accepted it but some complained to her majesty herself witch resulted on being striked on their profile for offence/s.

Not much time passed and some good news rose up again,we where having a new princess that is: The princess of love that was assigned on ruling over the Crystal Empire. As a country that was still getting on it's feet it required some assistance, a variety of supporting measures where send to the Crystal Empire that happened to include a pair a guards that where going to be Princess Cadance personal guard because the Crystal Empire had its own militia but it was still not ready to provide as well trained and professional guards of a quality to be Personal royal guard of Princess Cadance basically Princess Celestia got over-protective a bit and took this measure believing that her guards are and would be the best for her.

Before Shining Armor was aware a it my military profile had gotten an offer of an another promotion if he went on duty in the Crystal Empire as Cadence's personal guard. Shining Armor knew that meant two things: 1.) He was getting another 4 years of work off his shoulder that would make him a SSG/Staff Sargent and he had just gained the ability to command royal guards but only guards that are assigned to him and him only. 2.) Instead of having a squad to command he would have just one partner he could command due to the fact that he was becoming a personal guard to a Princess and she could not be escorted by 4-6 guards at a time (You know how ridiculous that would look like). A part of Shining Armor was curious that who would be the partner that will be assigned to with, normally a Staff Sargent choose his squad but a personal guard is assigned only by the HC/High Command. Interesting enough Shining is a SSG indeed but not on normal conditions, maybe that was the reason why this promotion was offered to him?-Who knows.

It didn't take long for Shining Armor to accept the offer and just hours later he was introduced to his partner. Shining was happy that it was a familiar and friendly face, he recognized it as "'B'less 'E"arning 'N'ight" (Middle name*) a guard that had started hiss military career in the same year as Shining Armor and he of course was still a Specialist, he was not as lucky as Shinning to get his promotions.It reminded Shining where he could have been by now...still in that rank. Anyway everyone called him shortly as 'B'E'N' he was trained and specialized as an assassin it kinda makes sense cause if someone had the mind of an assassin and wanted to assassinate a target he would understand how an assassin's mind works to counter even the possibility of an attack.

What did not make any sense however was the fact that he was a sociopath,literally even his profile showed his psychological examination.Shining Armor was supersized from the High Command decision.All Shineing knew is that the only difference between a normal mind a that of the sociopath's differs on only one point: Thinking of doing something and doing something in a normal mind are two different experiences but to a sociopaths's mind they do not differ. I guess that's why he was never abused by other higher ranks.

Example: If you are a normal person and get angry with someone so bad that you think on killing him/her even if you go for it your emotions will stop you to do so maybe fear or regret or something but you don't do it.But if that happens to a sociopath he would never think twice because to him is the same as thinking it. Moral of the example: Don't make sociopaths angry and you will be just fine.

Shining realized that guards like this don't question orders no matter what,maybe HC thought that it would be easier for Shining Armor to command such a guard who knows?, guards like this would not even think twice to even die for any princess if they have to...their insanity makes them stronger than most of us. So Shining understood and respected High Command's decision and he knew Ben a little bit and he was...nice.

"Good day sir, glad to be under your wing."-Ben said a sarcastic joke to brake the ice a little while saluting towards Shining
"Good day soldier, everything ready for deployment?"-Shining smiled a little as he asked
"Yes sir the train is stocked up and it's departing in 15 minutes."-Ben answered
"Well then lets get to our positions and move out"-Shining replied.
"Yes sir."-was the last thing Ben said before saluting again and walking away.

*Train departed after 15 minutes they where in the train*

"Well maybe all of this is not going to be that bad after all"-Shining thought while looking thought the train's window as Canterlot faded from view.