• Published 16th Dec 2015
  • 1,171 Views, 19 Comments

Button Rekt: Button's Revenge - Sunblast X



After Sweetie Belle broke his heart, Button seeks revenge

  • ...
4
 19
 1,171

Chapter 2: Button's Choice


Rumble, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo watched as Button Mash stormed out of Sugarcube Corner in a huff.

“Well, that plan was a bust,” Scootaloo commented.

“Hey, we warned Cheerilee it wasn’t a good idea make Sweetie Belle apologize,” Rumble said, the three of them remembering what happened.

Cheerilee had asked them to take Button and Sweetie to Sugarcube Corner and have Sweetie Belle apologize for what she said, even if she really didn’t feel that bad at first. Rumble was the one who told her that the plan would backfire, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom agreeing with him. However, after seeing their friends in a state of depression and distress, they decided to execute the plan, figuring that, at its worst, it would only lead to a small fight. Now, with the threat of revenge still fresh in their minds, they weren’t so sure of their course of action.

“Y’all don’t actually think Button Mash is going to try and get revenge, do ya?” Apple Bloom looked towards her two friends, but mostly focused on Rumble.
Rumble shrugged. If he knew Button Mash, then he would either play video games until he calmed down and forgot about it or he’d spend days coming up with ways to get payback. The Pegasus colt hoped it would be the former. Instead of the latter. At least then he could hang out with his friend with little to no negative consequences.

“To be honest, I don’t know what’s going to happen, but for now it’s probably best if we stay out of this mess from here on out. We should let Button and Sweetie settle this on their own terms, and whatever happens will be of their own choices,” Rumble said.

“You know, this sounds like something Twilight might advise against,” Scootaloo commented. “Button just declared revenge on my friend just two seconds ago.”

“Fine, I’ll check on Button Mash and make sure that he’s not planning anything, but for now, you two just stay out of this.”


Button Mash walked into his house, closing the door casually behind him. No sooner than when he walked in, he was greeted by his mother.

She was an earth pony like him and she had a golden sand colored coat, light brunette colored mane and tail, eyes as blue as crystals, and her cutie mark was a heart with a baby bottle over it. This mare went by the name of Love Tap, and she was extremely beautiful to say the least.

“Hi, honey, how was school?” Love Tap asked, giving her son a loving smile.

“Eh, same old same old. It’s what happened after school that was a little different,” he told her.

“Oh?” his mother raised a curious eyebrow.

“Well, Rumble treated me to milkshakes, for one…” Button began.

“That was nice of him,” Love Tap commented.

“Yeah, but the messed up part is that Sweetie Belle was there too,” he added.

The motherly mare inhaled sharply through her teeth, wincing a bit at the mention of the little filly’s name. Her son having told her what happened between them not too long ago, she knew that any follow up conversation between the two would end badly.

“Why don’t you go up to your room and play your games, sweetheart, I’ll call you when dinner’s ready,” His mother told him as she playfully rubbed his head. Button nodded and did as his mother told him.

Button Mash opened the door to his room. It was what you’d expect from a typical gamer such as him. There were game consoles in his closet, posters of video game characters all over his walls and to top it all off, a cabinet where he kept all of his video games. To say he had too many to count would be a gross understatement. One would think he’d get his cutie mark in gaming by now, but then again, he didn’t really care much about getting his cutie mark. After all, he had too many games to play.

“I guess playing one of my games could help me blow off some steam…” Button said to himself.

He trotted over to his TV and turned on his NeighStation 4. He got one, not because of Sweetie Belle, but because he wanted to play the newer games that were coming out these days. He hated the XBuck One, and the NeighStation had more exclusives titles he liked, and so, when finally forced to choose between the two, he chose the one that looked more interesting. Button felt like playing a game that would settle his nerves. His most obvious choice would be play his favorite fighting game: Mortal Kombat X.

It was one of those games that most ponies played. It was a very violent game, yes, but it was also a good stress reliever. Most parents wouldn’t allow their children to play a game with so much blood and guts, but Button’s mom felt that he was mature enough to handle it. Besides, both of his parents played the classic Mortal Kombat game in the arcade when they were around his age, so it came to no surprise to them when he became a fan of the popular fighting game.

That aside though, the young gamer popped the disk into the slot and began playing. There were six characters he played as: Scorpion, Kitana, Mileena, Johnny Cage, Raiden, and Erron Black. He played the other characters every now and then, but those six were the main ones he used. It was at that moment that he heard a knock at the door. He paid it no mind though.

“Button, Rumble’s here to see you!” his mother shouted from downstairs.

“Cool,” he replied back. Button’s bedroom door then opened, revealing the Pegasus colt.

“Hey, dude,” Rumble greeted his friend as he walked in.

“Hey,” he greeted back. “Grab a controller, it’ll be good to have a friend to play with,” he added.

Rumble grabbed the second controller nearby and sat by his friend. “So… I couldn’t help but listen to your conversation with Sweetie Belle. You sounded pretty steamed.”

“Yeah… that girl thinks she regrets what she did, when we both know she doesn’t care about my feelings in the slightest,” Button hissed, staring at the screen as he and Rumble played the game.

Rumble simply looked at his friend. He knew that what Sweetie Belle had said might’ve been a bit harsh, but at least she wasn’t as bad as Diamond Tiara. Part of him thought that maybe he should change the subject. He should do what he and the girls agreed on and not get involved, but his heart was pushing him towards a different answer.

“Are you going to try and get revenge or something?” the Pegasus colt raised an eyebrow.

Button sighed. “I don’t know, man, I think I was just blowing hot air,” he told him.

I hope that’s the case…” Rumble thought

“However…”

Dammit!” He screamed internally.

“If I did try to get revenge, I’d probably burn her house to the ground!” Button proclaimed with a clenched hoof raised.

“Uh, isn’t that a little extreme?” Rumble asked, praying that the statement was a mere passing thought.

“Yeah, I guess you’ve got a point there. Still though, Sweetie really messed with my head… emotionally, I mean,” Button said.

“Eh, it’ll be ok, buddy,” Rumble reassured, patting his friend on the back. “You just have to stay calm and really think what the right thing to do is. You can either let go of the filly you had a crush on and move on, or try and get revenge by hurting her the way she hurt you. Pain that you described as worse than anything you had ever experienced.”

Button looked down, pondering his friend’s question. Would he go the good route and let the whole thing go? Or would he take the darker, more sinister route and make Sweetie Belle suffer? It was like picking which side to take in a video game.

“Rumble…” He began, a dark smirk breaking across his muzzle, “I choose revenge!”

Author's Note:

Well, I didn’t expect this story to be that popular this fast. I guess people really like revenge stories (myself included). Yes, the names of the consoles in this story are pony puns, but that doesn’t mean the names of games have to be.

End of Chapter 2