• Published 2nd Dec 2015
  • 842 Views, 15 Comments

Why Don't You Love Me Anymore Celestia? - RustyNails4



Celestia hasn't paid any attention to Philomena for the past few months. She doesn't even feed Philomena anymore, she has the guard do it. Philomena just wants to be loved again.

  • ...
0
 15
 842

Caged

Why Don't You Love Me Anymore Celestia?

Chapter 1

Caged

The door to Celestia's bedroom opened and the Princess of the Sun walked in. She removed her crown and her golden shoes before getting into bed. She then levitated a sheet of paper and a quill from her nearby desk and began to write. As she was writing she heard a loud squawk from the corner. She stopped writing for a brief moment. She then let out a small sigh before continuing her letter.

Philomena sat in her small golden cage in the corner of the room disappointed that her master ignored her greeting. She watched Celestia carefully, looking at the quill she was using. The quill was a magnificent blood red feather that Philomena gave to Celestia as a sign of her undying love. Philomena always took pride her her beautiful plumage and only gave her feathers to ponies that she loved and trusted.

Philomena remembered the day she gave Celestia that feather. It was a happy memory from the time when Celestia would let her out of her cage to play. Celestia had brought Philomena outside for the first time, she was just a fledgling then. Celestia taught her how to fly that day. Philomena and Celestia flew together for the very first time. When they stopped flying for the day Philomena landed on Celestia's horn and plucked her most beautiful feather and put it in Celestia's mane.

Celestia finished her letter and used her magic to send it. She let out a satisfied yawn before placing her quill back onto her desk. She loved writing letters to Twilight Sparkle, it was something to look forward to after a long day. She then levitated a green book over to her nightstand putting it down gently. Celestia got up and walked to her bedroom door. She opened the door with her magic and left it wide open. Philomena listened to the clip clop of Celestia's hooves as the sound slowly faded away.

About ten minutes went by before Philomena heard the sound of hooves hitting the marble floor. Philomena perked up, and began to coo softly.

The pony who walked through the door was not her master, Philomena stopped cooing and looked away from the stallion. She heard him mumble something under his breath about how much he hated birds. He swiftly opened the cage door and refilled Philomena's food and water dishes. Then he slammed the cage door closed and gave Philomena a nasty glare before leaving the room.

About an hour went by before Celestia returned from having dinner with a glass of water and a rather large slice of chocolate cake along with a pint of ice cream. When Celestia would still play and cuddle with Philomena, she would often share her cake and ice cream with her. Philomena looked down at her food dish filled with the nasty oats she loathed. Oh how she wished for a bite of that cake.

Celestia levitated her book from her night stand and began to read, occasionally taking a bite of her cake and ice cream.

Philomena started singing, she wanted to cuddle and eat cake with Celestia just like they used to. She was so very desperate to get her master's attention. after ten minutes of nonstop singing Philomena eagerly awaited for Celestia to praise her for her beautiful song.

Celestia didn't respond to Philomena's song. Philomena sang it again. Her master didn't even look over at her. Celestia used to sing with Philomena every day as she would raise the sun. Philomena continued to sing the same song over and over. Desperate to get her master to even look at her she began to sing louder each time. She then tried a different song, but Celestia wouldn't look at her. She even tried whistling a tune she had picked up from one of the guards. After what had seemed like an eternity to Philomena, she gave up her singing.

"Pretty bird! Pretty bird!" Philomena chirped loudly. Still no response came from Celestia.

"Philomena is a pretty girl. Philomena want a treat? Philomena is a good girl!" again Celestia gave no sign of even hearing Philomena.

"I love you" she cooed as loud as she could, but Celestia did not respond.

Again and again, she tried chirping and singing to get her beloved master's attention. Frantically, Philomena began dancing and squawking. The Sun Princess continued reading her book despite the uproar coming from the corner.

After sometime Celestia began to become annoyed with the noise Philomena was making.

"Philomena be quiet!" Celestia scolded her pet as she levitated a thick black cloth over and onto Philomena's cage.

Philomena immediately stopped making any sort of sound when the cloth was draped over her cage. Saddened by Celestia's coldness, Philomena lowered her head. She desperately wanted to be let out of her tiny prison. She began to pick at her plumage, plucking out feathers from a spot under her wing. Letting the blood red and gold feathers fall to the filthy cage floor. Her cage hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Philomena was living in her own filth, and it was making her sick.

She thought about the yellow mare with the pink mane who had cared so much for her. Philomena felt bad for having been so mean to the Pegasus. Celestia had been so angry with Philomena for how she behaved. Philomena ended up giving the yellow mare a feather as an apology. That was nine months ago, Celestia hasn't taken Philomena anywhere since.

Suddenly, Philomena had a brilliant idea. If Celestia didn't love her anymore, then she wouldn't even know Philomena was gone. Philomena decided she was going to find that kind yellow Pegasus mare that cared so much for her. Surely that Pegasus would love her, she just knew it. If she just could find that kind mare everything will be better and she will be happy once again.

Philomena stopped plucking her feathers and drifted off to sleep, her mind filled with happy thoughts of the kind yellow mare.

Author's Note:

This is my first story. Sorry if its not that great :twilightsheepish: I'm not that good of a writer.