• ...
4
 16
 2,149

Chapter 3: The castle(complete!)

Legend of Twilight, Ocarina of Friendship, Chapter 3: The castle

Fluttershy walks away from the ranch, placing the bottle of milk on one of the small straps on the sides of her saddlebags. Trotting towards town, she could see the guards getting ready to raise the gates for the night, due to the zombie ponies that wander around during the night.
She races towards the gate, getting on just before the guards raise it, Apparently they didn't see her.

Wandering into town, Fluttershy stops by a nearby inn to stay the night, the inn keeper gives her a stare, most likely due to her attire, But accepts the few rupees she has and shows Fluttershy to her room. It seemed alright, considering this is the first time she has slept outside the Kokiri forest.
The night sky was pretty, she had never seen the sky so clearly, as Kokiri Village was covered in tree branches and leaves. Now she regrets wasting all those years, barely even bothering to look up.

After a good nights rest, Fluttershy leaves the inn and trots towards the castle. Along the way, she meets a familiar face.

"Howdy Fluttershy!" A very cheery Braeburn shouts at the top of his voice, almost oblivious to the fact hes in town early in the morning.

"Fancy seein' you here! Say, have you seen my paps? GoldenDelicious?" He was out at tha' there castle deliverin' a cartload of milk! 'Tis not like the colt to keep his own flesh 'n' blood waitin' out in these here streets!"

"Well no but i was just-"

"Say you headin' up to the castle? Mind lookin for Paps while your up there?"

"Its no problem at all i mean-"

"well i gotta go, see yall later!" Braeburn trots off like they never even had the conversation.

Fluttershy looks down and sees an egg lying on the ground, lying next to a detailed drawing of Braeburn giving a wink. Blushing, Fluttershy places the egg in her mane, keeping it warm without its mother being present. Making sure noones looking, Fluttershy also places Braeburn's drawing into her bag, with a small giggle.

Walking out of the town square, she comes across a large gate with one guard pony wearing a patterned silver armor.

"sorry kid, nopony is allowed in or out. unless you have.. you know..." The guard holds out his hoof.
Understanding that hes talking about a bribe, she checks her wallet.

"oh. I only have one rupee left. I don't suppose you like milk?" She smiles hopefully at the guard.

"Sorry Ma'am. Lactose intolerant"

"Oh"

Walking away, she notices a strong looking vine scaling the walls of the cliff next to her.
Remembering her time in the Great Apple Tree, she reaches into her bag and attaches the hoof-hooks securely. Once she started scaling the wall, she only then realizes that she is scared of heights. She passes out.

Fluttershy wakes up several hours later, at night, no less. Remembering the predicament she's in, she doesn't look down and keeps scaling the wall. She reaches the top and continues on forward,
She reaches a bridge, which is actually the roof of the gate she was at earlier. On the other side is a guardpony facing the opposite direction. if they caught her, they'd undoubtedly throw her out.
She jumps off the roof, trying to slow her fall using her wings. Once on the ground, she sneaks past a few guards by passing through the garden.
Once she reaches the front gate, no surprise, there are more guardponies.
She throws a rock at one of them it hits him on the forehead and knocks him out cold(silver isn't a good material to make armor out of.)
The other guardpony, freaked out by the situation, rushes off to the other guards for help. Taking this opportunity, Fluttershy rushes past the passed out guard and around the corner, and ends up where the deliveries are delivered.
To no surprise she finds a sleeping GoldenDelicious on the ground.

"Umm. Mr. GoldenDelicious sir, your son is waiting patiently in the town square if you dont mi- oOH!"

Fluttershy is immediately cut off by a cucoo hatching from the egg she kept inside her mane.
The cucoo wanders up to GoldenDelicious and grows very loudly.

"WHAT THE CELEST- oh its you! Howdy! Yup, just finished deliverin' the last of the milk."

"Golden, your son is waiting in town for you. I don't think he can sleep on the streets anymore"

"What'ya mean? its only been.. 2... days... OH CELESTIA! BRAEBURNS GUNNA KILL ME!" And with that, GoldenDelicious dashes off in a bolt.

Jay comes out from under Fluttershy's hat.

"Hey, where's he off to? Oh well. Cmon we gotta find a way to get into the castle!"
Jay looks around for a few moments before pushing into one of the crates of milk on the ground.

"Don't just stand there, help me!"

Fluttershy did as asked, and after a few seconds of straining and pushing, they finally shove the crate of milk into the moat underneath. She stands on the crate and looks around, trying to understand what the fairy was getting at. Spying a drainage on the other side of the moat, she flaps her minuscule wings and jumps to the other side. Landing safely, she proceeds to crawl up the drainage area, getting her boots soaked as the water gushes past.

Once she exits the drainage, she is immediately greeted by the backsides of two guardponies.
Eventually the guardponies move along, patrolling more areas of the castle. Fluttershy quickly ran behind a nearby hedge and surveyed the area, looking for guards. They seemed to be moving in a regular pattern. Remembering the time she dodged the boulder, she memorizes the patterns that each guard was moving in and sneakily gets past the large group of guards.

After the last set of guards(who almost caught her), she's at a large stone archway with a garden on the other side. Wandering through, she sees a familiar shape, yet she has never seen anypony outside the forest before. Looking around, she sees that she is in a small hideaway, with where she just came from being the only entrance(which explains the abundance of guards) Fluttershy approaches the figure, which is a lavender unicorn filly, roughly the same age as her, wearing a white and pink dress.

"?? oh!" the purple figure bursts out in surprise, she was looking through a window behind her to notice Fluttershy.

"Hey, green clothes. red fairy... You wouldnt happen to come from the forest with a green stone that looks like an apple?" The figure asks.

Nodding, Fluttershy pulls the Spiritual stone from her saddlebags and shows it to her.

"Wow. I'm on a roll." The figure clops her hooves together and looks at Fluttershy, confused by the ordeal.

"Oh sorry, my apologies. I'm princess Twilight Sparkle, I've been spying on my dad, hes been doing some careless stuff lately and i wanted to try something!"

"You see, sometimes when I'm dreaming, the dreams come true! and my second last dream had my dad making a deal with that ugly pony over there. She points her hoof towards the figure kneeling in the throne room, the figure had a long sparkling mane, like the night sky.

"I think she's planning something, but I don't know what. So what's your name?" Princess Twilight changes the subject completely, from a dark foreboding topic to something the casual person says to a stranger

"I'm... Fluttershy. Pleasure to meet your um... Majesty.." Fluttershy replies, Putting on a shy smile.

"Please, just call me Twilight, and in case you were wondering, I saw you in a dream, well, not exactly. I was reading up on the history of Equestria, and i kinda... Forgot to sleep for 3 days. So i pretty much passed out. Anyway, i saw in my dream, Equestria covered in eternal night, but suddenly, out from the forest burst a ray of sunlight, the light concentrated into one form, a pony. with a red fairy. As the pony walked around, the forever night suddenly lit up into bright daylight.
I believe, that this pony in question, is you, Fluttershy. You are the only one that can save Equestria from Nightmare Moon and her eternal night."

Twilight turned around to face Fluttershy,

"So will you do it? I'd really appreciate if you helped me with this!"

Fluttershy's ears perked up at the word "help"

"Of course I'd love to help! But umm.. Do i have to avoid all those guards again? It wasn't easy getting past them."

Twilight puts her hoof to her mouth and whistles, Within a few moments, a zebra wearing a purple suit walks up to the pair.

"This is my assistant, Zecora. She will help you out on your quest! Oh, and i have one more thing for you.." The princess turns around for a few moments and turns back floating a piece of paper into Fluttershy's saddlebag using her unicorn magic.

"This is my signature, i have a feeling it will come in handy eventually. Talk to Zecora if you are ready to leave"

Fluttershy nods and turns to Zecora

"Could you please, i mean if it's no trouble, lead me out of the castle?"

"Of course young pony, its no trouble at all. To help with your task, ill take you out by the wall."

The pair wander past numerous guards, some giving Fluttershy strange looks, then resuming their duty. Once they reach the outer wall of the city, Fluttershy thanks Zecora before starting to wander off.

"Halt young pony, do not venture far, i have yet to tell you something to get you on par.
This song i will teach, and only to you, will aid in your journey. Info will help too."

"I played this for Twilight, when she was a filly, to get her to sleep. she acted quite silly."

Zecora puts her hoof to her mouth, and whistles a tune.
(For those who have played ocarina of time, this is the time you learn Zelda's lullaby, if you have not played the game, i reccomend youtubing the tune so you are familiar with what you are hearing, as the storyline relies on music a lot.)

Fluttershy reaches into her saddlebags and pulls out her ocarina, nudging Jay to wake up(why does he need that much sleep anyway?), she raises the ocarina to her lips and begins to play along. Fluttershy does her best to memorize the tune.

After their session is over, Zecora speaks once more.
"Now pony, there is one thing you should know, The Goron village will be the right place to go. Their race is proud, and mighty strong, Housing the next stone, you cannot go wrong. Beware though, young pony, though all not is as it seems, they have problems of their owns, falling apart at the seams. Death mountain is where their race proudly resides, the stone around them, as tough as their hides."

Fluttershy turns and looks at death mountain, when she looks back Zecora is gone.

"Well i guess its time to go."

And with that, they were off.

End of chapter 3.