• Published 26th Nov 2015
  • 656 Views, 10 Comments

The Gamer and The Princess - Malice In Wonderland



Button Mash and Sweetie Belle first become friends in school, and slowly, their relationship grows.

  • ...
6
 10
 656

Chapter 3

The next day at school, Sweetie Belle asked Button if she could come over again to play video games with him. She also asked if Apple Bloom and Scootaloo could join them.

“Yeah! That’ll be fun!” Button said. “I’ll beat all of you!” He said with a smile. “Today?” He asked. Sweetie Belle nodded. “Even better.” Button rubbed his hooves together maniacally, and Sweetie Belle couldn’t help but laugh.

“So, we’ll see you after school?” Sweetie Belle asked. Button nodded and smiled at Sweetie Belle.

“Oh, ummm…. Sweetie B… Sweetie…. I just…. I wanted to thank you for becoming my friend.” He said, blushing slightly.

“Button, you don’t have to thank me. I like being your friend.” Sweetie blushed as well, and neither of them made eye contact with each other.

Button smiled at her, “Well, thanks anyway.” He hurried off to his seat and sat down, waiting for class to start. Sweetie turned to her friends and nodded at them, letting them know that their plan was a go. They nodded back at her and then burst into a fit of giggles.

The bell had already rung and they were still laughing uncontrollably. “Ahem,” Ms. Cheerilee said, standing over their desks.

“Oh, sorry Ms. Cheerilee.” Sweetie Belle apologized. She coughed to get the laughing out of her system. She cleared her throat and tried her hardest to stop laughing. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom did the same. Sweetie Belle glanced towards Button and noticed him watching her. She looked away, blushing slightly and tried to pretend he hadn’t been looking at her.

Cheerilee continued with her class, now that the three of them were under control. She continued class as usual, but Sweetie Belle found it difficult to pay attention. Her mind drifted even more than it usually did. Eventually, the school day finally ended and she, Button, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo left the schoolhouse to go to Button’s house.

The four of them talked and laughed and joked as they made their way to Button’s. Button was excited, he would have more people to beat. The others countered by saying he wouldn’t beat them, that they would demolish him instead.

They all laughed. When they arrived, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo introduced themselves to his mom. Sweetie and Button both said hi, and then the four of them headed off towards his room. Button pulled out two other unused controllers for his gaming system and after a few seconds a game was pulled up and ready to play. The four of them sat on the floor next to each other, all of them holding a controller, ready to play.

“You guys are going down!” Button said.

They all laughed as the game started. Sweetie Belle wasn’t surprised to see that Button was already in the lead after only a few minutes. Of course, she was the very last. She had never been good at playing games, but Scootaloo and Apple Bloom had nearly caught up with him, but not quite.

After several games of Button winning, they all finally gave up. “Button, you are really good at video games.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Nah.” He said, waving his hoof as if waving away the idea.

“You beat all of us. So many times.” She persisted. “Do you ever lose?”

He thought about it. Had he ever lost at any games? “You know what, you’re right. I’ve never lost a single game. I’ve never even gotten below first place!” He said, realizing how good he was. “Do you guys think that could be my destiny? That would be awesome, to have a special talent at playing video games!” He said, his voice raised, standing in triumph.

A bright flash of light filled the room. The four of them turned to the screen. “What was that?” Button asked.

The others looked at him and all gasped in unison. “Button! Your flank! You got your cutie mark!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

“Really!?” Button asked. He turned around in a circle, chasing his tail, until he got a good look at his flank. On his flank, sat a golden, pixilated trophy with a red number one scrawled on it. Button smiled, his eyes seemed to be sparkling.

He began jumping up and down. “I got my cutie mark! I got my cutie mark! You guys helped me get my cutie mark! Thank you so much!” He pulled the three of them into a hug. They all hugged him back, laughing.

“What’s all the commotion?” Button’s mom asked as she walked into the room.

“Mom! Mom! I got my cutie mark!” Button jumped into his mom’s hooves and hugged her. She looked down at his cutie mark as she hugged him back, a smile on her face.

“Congratulations!” She said through a laugh as she hugged her son. “I’m so proud of you, my little winner!”

Button seemed on the verge of tears. Happy tears, but tears nonetheless. The girls laughed along with him and his mom. His mom finally left after congratulating her son. Button and the girls continued playing the game they had been playing before, with Button continuously beating them as usual.

His mother served them dinner, giving Button extra helpings since he had just earned his cutie mark. They all ate their dinner and then the girls left, hugging Button a few more times before they left.

“We’ll see you at school tomorrow, Button!” Sweetie Belle called as she walked away from his house.

“Bye, Sweetie Belle! Bye, Apple Bloom! Bye, Scootaloo!” Button called, waving them away. “Thanks again for helping me get my cutie mark!”

The girls laughed as they headed back home. They talked until they had to split up. “I’m so happy Button got his cutie mark, and that we helped him.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Yeah.” Scootaloo agreed. Apple Bloom nodded. They split up and headed to their homes to go to sleep. Sweetie Belle awaited the future happily, hoping that Button would fall in love with her as she was in love with him. He was such a sweet little nerd, and he was always so nice to her.

Sweetie Belle dreamt of him that night, of what might happen when they got together. Their entire imaginary future flashed through her mind as she slept. Though, when she woke up the next morning, she couldn’t remember any of her lovely dream.