• Published 30th Nov 2015
  • 1,093 Views, 17 Comments

Young Love Short Stories - Nightglimmer22



When the only thing you can think about is seeing your special somepony.

  • ...
9
 17
 1,093

Chapter 1: Together at last

Chapter edited by Brickbrock24


I stood waiting at the train station. The cool, crisp autumn breeze blew my mane against my face. My blue sweatshirt was much of a help. The leaves of a nearby tree began to rattle. Red and orange leaves scattered onto the platform; which was quiet and nearly desolate except for a few families who were waiting for the train to arrive. I, too, was waiting for the train to arrive. Now, I wasn’t actually waiting to get onto a train, but rather I was waiting for a special someone to arrive on one.

After what seemed like years, an announcement sounded clarifying that the next train would arrive in a few minutes. I shifted from one foot to the other and flapped my wings impatiently until I heard the loud toot of the train’s whistle. The train came into view. I waited and started to look around the moment the train came to a stop. I was looking for him, and I knew he was looking for me. I frantically scanned the platform for him like the pages of an “I Spy” book. I knew he was here somewhere, he had to be. Many couples of all ages were getting off the train cars. Some were getting on. Looking at them only made me even more anxious to see him. With each turn of my head, my hopes began to fall when I didn't see among the sea of couples. I closed my eyes and prayed that he was on the train.

Then, I felt it. Something that I haven't felt in a long time. I knew it was him, it had to be. I opened my eyes and looked up. His strong chin rested on my head. He then wrapped his arms tightly around me in a fond embrace. My heart began to flutter with happiness. I turned around to see the smile I have longed to see. His navy blue mane was ruffled by the wind, which made me tempted to ruffle it more. I rested my hands on his chest. Tears began to well up in my eyes when I stared into his eyes, so I looked away. His hand then reached down and touched my face, wiping away the tear that was rolling down my cheek. I wrapped my arms around his body and hugged him back with no intention of ever wanting to let go.

We were now hugging tight. The breeze blew our manes to and fro. I felt a bit of looseness at my left side as he brought his arm up to cup my chin and made me look up at him. I almost fainted from his green eyes gazing back at me. His smile was contagious, because I soon found myself smiling as well. After a moment of silence, he leaned closer while pushing me closer. I could feel his heart beating in a rhythmic pattern. Mine was pounding with excitement and joy. He leaned his head to one side and slowly brushed his lips on mine. I blushed and brought my arms from around his torso to around his neck so that they gently rested on his shoulders. I leaned in this time. I turned my head, closed my eyes, and kissed him back firmly. Not daring to lose the moment, we stayed like this for a few seconds until he pulled away. He leaned close to me again, but this time towards my ear, and whispered,

"I missed you."