• Published 20th Nov 2015
  • 661 Views, 8 Comments

The Steampunk Revolution - Metal Gear PINK



Vinyl Scratch, captain of the Base Cannon airship, must team up with an old friend, a fashionista, an ex-Wonderbolt and a farmer to recover the only hope in stopping the evil Queen Crystalline and her Crystal Army.

  • ...
7
 8
 661

Chapter 1

NAME: Vinyl Scratch
CODENAME: DJ-PON3
SPECIES: Human/Pony; Unicorn
GENDER: Female
AGE: 30
RANK: Paid Mercenary
MISSION OBJECTIVES: Locate and rescue the STEAMPUNK. Use any means necessary.

MISSION LOG AUDIO RECORDING #1

(Movement of chairs)

DJ-PON3: Hello general, I see you have need of me?

GENERAL: Yes I do; it seems as though the STEAMPUNK has vanished. We have no idea where she is and she is the deciding factor of this war. Without her; we might as well just give up and let the queen execute us on her guillotine.

DJ-PON3: Wait! The STEAMPUNK? You don’t mean-?

GENERAL: Yes I do. And we’ll pay handsomely for your services and her safe return.

DJ-PON3: The money doesn’t matter. It’d be an honor to rescue the legendary STEAMPUNK from whatever predicament she is in.

GENERAL: Good. You can go out ASAP. I can give you a list of all her secret contacts. One of them must know where she was going. It would’ve been easier if she had just told us though, but there could be spies so we must keep this hush-hush.

DJ-PON3: Thanks. Send me her file and that contact sheet and I’ll bring her back safely. Even if it costs my own life.

GENERAL: Can do! This mission won’t be easy; but best of luck nonetheless.

END MISSION LOG AUDIO RECORDING #1

-----------

NAME: Pinkamena Diane Pie
CODENAME: THE STEAMPUNK
SPECIES: Human/Pony, Earth
GENDER: Female
AGE: 40
RANK: 2nd in command; most important asset.

Vinyl looked over the file repeatedly in her dark small living quarters that were littered with several weapons and armors with a small cot in the middle; getting more excited as she did. This might be her hardest yet most important mission to date that she would undertake herself. The STEAMPUNK was perhaps the most famous person of all time; even more than her father. She was also the only non-noble person to win the hand of a princess. She was also the key to winning this stupid war against that tyrant queen of theirs and Vinyl would be happy and go down in history for a person who had greatly contributed.

She looked over the list of contacts and come across someone she knew for a very long time. Octavia; the queen’s personal musician right next to the famous Lyra Heartstrings. The queen, of course, didn’t know that her own musician was a rebellion informant; telling them of all the queen’s hidden plans and some of her closest allies and key target locations. Vinyl decided to start there because Octavia was a childhood friend and knew where she would be because soon it would be the Grand Galloping Gala. Vinyl smiled; she had a plan to get into the 2nd heaviest security city of the entire empire and get into the big event.

She took her bronze armor, a bunch of daggers, a crossbow, and a bunch of smoke pellets from her weapon wall and put them on. She would then hide these by putting a fading cloak over it to give her an appearance of a commoner. She left the secret base and walked over to her stealth airship than had the name Base Cannon painted on the side. It was big and black and used invisibility spells to hide itself from the naked eye. It also had magic jammers that only alicorn themselves could break. Steam jetted out from it; showing that Vinyl’s crew was doing preparations for takeoff. She walked over to it and stepped inside. She was greeted by Wadworth; her personal butler and the airships first mate.

“Where to, Miss Scratch?” he asked in a thick Manehatten accent.

“To the Canterlot Gardens; we’ve got a party to crash?”

------

Rarity finally got out of the bright showroom filled with many outfits and lanterns. She was dressed in a beautiful red silk gown with the colors of the Crystal Empire on it. She had put on lots of makeup to make herself look half as young as she was. She was a famous dancer/singer and fashionista and was also ranked #2 in the top 10 Sexiest Women Alive; number one of course being the queen herself. She was very well known among the Canterlot Elite and made quite a name for herself. She even had the rare honor to make a few ensembles for Queen Crystalline herself. Though the queen couldn’t be here herself; Rarity was still very nervous. She always when she was the main attraction at the gala, stated as the best night of the year. She secretly hated the queen because she was the very reason her young sister, Sweetie Belle, was killed. She hoped the rebellion would be able to crush that nasty queen though she wouldn’t try it herself because she didn’t want to join those battle-crazed ruffians.

She was also trying to get over another guy who had been only in a relationship with her because he just wanted sexual intercourse. She wished she could find someone who loved her for not just her body; but for everything else she is too. Hell, she’d be willing to even take a girl if they would do just that.

“Rarity!” a british-accented voice declared. The noblewoman fashionista looked over and saw her best friend; Octavia Melody, bolt over to her. She predictably wasn’t wearing a dress, but a rather elegant bowtie. The musician always said she didn’t like wearing dresses because they somehow affect her performance but Rarity knew that it was because Octavia wasn’t into such things. Maybe her dream guy can be a creator himself; just like her. The two embraced each other and Rarity smiled; happy for the earthling’s company. Octavia broke the hug and looked at Rarity with a smile on her face. “I’ve missed you.”

Smoothing out her wrinkled dress, Rarity replied, “So have I darling. It’s been quite a few months since we last met. It’s so wonderful to see you again. I take it that you’re going to be the musician playing for my little performance?”

“Of course; I’m wondering right now about how it went with Sir Trottingham?”

“We broke up. He’s yet another who only uses me for my looks instead of my creativity and my love. What I want is-well, you know what I want,” she spoke as she hung her head, her curly hair uncurling a bit.

Octavia giggled, “Don’t worry. I’m sure the right one will come your way. Hell, some can come out of where you least expect it!”

Rarity reciprocated Octavia’s giggling, adding, “Well, we better hurry up. We have a bunch of snotty nobles to entertain!’

“You’re a snotty noble yourself!” Octavia teased. Rarity walked a little bit ahead of Octavia before turning around and giving the musician her best glare.

“You know what, forget I said anything, now let’s go!”

----------

On the airship, Vinyl was getting dressed for the gala, dressing up as a noble to not attract any attention to herself. She was in her cabin, which was very similar to her room on the secret base except that there was a window showing the outside. It was dark out; with barely a cloud in the sky. The pegasi must’ve done their best to keep the gloomy weather from spoiling the Canterlot nobles. The dress she wore was white and blue; with the Crystal Empire flag showing on her hip. It was bulky to hide her armor and weaponry. She magically procured a golden gala ticket out of nowhere and looked herself over in the mirror. With a smirk, she whispered to herself, “This should fool those snotty annoying Canterlot Elites!”

Stepping out of her room; she ordered Wadsworth to take care of the Base Cannon and went down the stairs towards the exit. Vinyl was very excited at meeting her friend that she hadn’t come into contact to for 6 months. She moved passed the guards and nobles that didn’t want to participate in the Gala and looked at Canterlot. The city itself hadn’t changed, most of the factories were where the Everfree Forest and Whitetail Woods were. She also heard that Dodge Junction and Appleloosa had been turned into Commercial Districts. These changes had caused the buffalo to leave for a new home.

Vinyl spotted the Canterlot Gardens and sped up, hoping to get this over with as soon as it was possible. The Gardens itself barely changed as well, looking like it usually did except for the Celestia Republic flags were replaced by Crystal Empire flags and was filled with anti-rebellion propaganda. She made her way over to the ticket taker who was guarded by four very bulky soldiers with a mixture of spears, swords and crossbows along with golden plated armor and helmets. She presented her ticket to the ticket taker and he looked over it. After a bit, he approved of the ticket and nodded his head towards the inside.

Vinyl smugly smiled at how easy it was to pass the stupid gatekeeper. She entered the place where the Gala was being held and it looked as sparkly as ever. Decorated with Crystal Empire crystals with a mixture of the crystals found in the caves beneath Canterlot. In the back sat the hors d’oeuvre table with a bowl full of some rich wine that Vinyl couldn’t tell what it was. The Elite of Canterlot were dressed in fancy attire; either from her or the local fashion over at the Crystal Empire.

The unicorn growled at the presence of the nobles. They were spared the horrors of the war and the new Queen’s tyranny. The Queen had believed that only nobles should have the power, though she gave them little of it. Their lives had barely changed while the common folk were pushed around, forced into slave labor to create those twisted machines without any pay whatsoever. She, in her own mind, thought that the nobles were just as bad and responsible as the queen was in everyone’s misery.

Shaking her head of these thoughts; she set out to find her long time friend and ally. Surely she was around here somewhere showing her full musicality.

--------

Octavia was playing her cello along with four other ponies whom had various instruments of their own. She looked around at the stage and saw so many flowers laying around it and how the sparkling from the crystals would act kinda like stage lights. They were playing music along with Rarity’s enchanting dancing. The gentlemen of the Grand Galloping Gala, married or not, were simply entranced by her graceful, beautiful dancing. Once she had started singing with her alluring and attractive voice; not even the women couldn’t resist turning their heads and stare at her.

Octavia smiled; knowing her friend was loving the attention, maybe even thriving in it. She looked into the eyes of the people watching and noticed the lust in some of their eyes. She recognized Sir Trottingham; Rarity’s newest ex-boyfriend, even drooling over the display. She kept scanning the crowds until she met with the magenta eyes of someone very familiar. These eyes weren’t on Rarity at all, they didn’t even seem interested in the beautiful music at all. It was focused solely on her and Octavia knew who those eyes belonged to, because she would never forget eyes like those. It was her old friend Vinyl Scratch, paid mercenary of the rebellion that Octavia also worked for. The look on the unicorn’s face was one that was reserved for ‘I need to talk to you about a mission I am currently on’. Octavia sighed; knowing that the night was going to be a little more interesting.

---------

Octavia waited in her showroom for Vinyl to finally enter it. It was a beautiful room; filled with many instrument that Octavia knew to play and many crystals. A mirror was placed on one of the walls, but Octavia was one to not use that much make-up, preferring to be much more natural. The golden door finally bursted open as her old friend passed through it and enveloped the musician in a big hug, a hug that said ‘I missed you.’

When the unicorn pulled away from the embrace, she said the exact words that Octavia expected to come falling out of that mouth of hers, “I need to talk to you about a mission I am currently on.”

Octavia grinned, wondering why her friend had become so much more predictable over these last few years. She then asked the unicorn who was very excited for some reason; which was a rare occurrence, “Well, what is it?” Her face was full of concern. What was so urgent that Vinyl Scratch had to sneak into Canterlot; one of the most heavily guarded places for. Whatever it was; it was excruciatingly important.

Before Vinyl could answer the question; Rarity burst into the room declaring, “Oh, Octavia! It was so wonderful! The attention got to me, made me even better that I had hoped to have been! It was-”

She would have said more, but Vinyl; who was trained for an unexpected attacker or an ambush, rushed at Rarity and pinned her to the wall. She used her magic to slowly close the door and levitate a knife from under her dress. Rarity saw the glint of the knife and her eyes widened in terror; fearing that this unknown person was about to end her life. Octavia saw this and was extremely quick to act. She rushed over and tackled Vinyl before she could gut the fashionista. “Stop! She’s a friend!’

Vinyl lightly pushed Octavia off of her and glared at Rarity who was trying to calm herself down from the seemingly random attack. She turned to Octavia and asked, “Is she rebellion?”

Rarity’s eyes widened once she heard the question which Octavia answered with a simple, “No.”

Vinyl returned her glare on the alabaster unicorn and commanded to her, “Then you better leave; this is restricted rebellion information!”

“Wait! You’re rebellion?” Rarity gasped which Vinyl answered with a nod, her glare never leaving. Rarity’s eyes widened even farther as it dawned upon her as she realized. She turned to Octavia, a person she thought she had known for so long and shakingly asked, “O-Octavia! Y-you’re rebellion?!”

Octavia sighed and nodded her head to confirm Rarity’s suspicions.

“When were you going to tell me this?!”

“Uh… never!” she answered, sweating a little bit that her friend found out something that Octavia did so well at hiding from her. Rarity’s looked of horror quickly turned into one of anger, something unheard of from the usually calm and collected unicorn with the exception of fashion and show nights.

Vinyl blocked Rarity’s view of Octavia and her glare intensified as she growled at Rarity and commanded once again, “I said LEAVE!”

Rarity returned the glare with one of her own, but when it failed to produce results, simply said, “A lady leaves when she wants, not when some unknown ruffian commands her to do so!”

“Does that ‘Lady’ want to die?” she countered. That threat had made Rarity walk over towards Vinyl and slapped her. Vinyl would’ve blocked the blow if she expected it, but since she didn’t, she got the full wind of it. Rarity quickly exited the room with a ‘hmph’ and the other unicorn quickly got angry. Vinyl would’ve normally went after the insulting noble, but since she had a mission she had to force herself to calm down. Octavia raised an eyebrow at Vinyl ignoring the insulting slap and disrespect and knew that whatever Vinyl came for was extremely serious, maybe even more so that Octavia thought it was.

Vinyl looked at Octavia and began: “We’ve not gotten any contact with the STEAMPUNK for months and I’ve been assigned to track her down and return her to base. We do not know where her last location was so I’m going down her personal private contact list to see if they know of her whereabouts. I saw your name and decided to visit you first since I haven’t seen you in a while and I thought you might have any information I could use to my advantage. So, do you?”

“WHAT!? I didn’t know she was gonna… damn!” Octavia yelled out. “We need to find her immediately; she’s the key to ending this damn war that’s gone on for far too long! I’m coming with you. I’m not gonna sit idly by for this one. I may know someone who’ll know where she might’ve gone! I’m gonna get packed up right away!’

“What about your cover, you’ll basically blow it if you come with me!”

“Screw my cover! The STEAMPUNK has the fate of the war in her hands and like I said, I am not going to sit idly by while it draws farther away from us!” argued Octavia.

Vinyl chuckled a little and Octavia little rant and simply said, “I knew you were gonna say that.” And with that, they fistbumped, something Octavia barely did and smiled at each other with extremely determined eyes. They turned, walked over to the door, opened it; and saw Rarity eavesdropping on their conversation. Vinyl again quickly tackled her and held a knife to her throat as she demanded, “HOW MUCH OF THAT DID YOU HEAR!?!”

“E-e-everything,” Rarity stammered out, fear evident in her eyes. Vinyl was about to slit her throat until she heard shouts and the clanging of heavy golden armor. Turning her head; Vinyl grumbled as she saw a squadron of golden-armored soldiers with swords and crossbows.

“Vinyl Scratch, Octavia Melody, and Rarity Belle! You are under arrest for affiliating with the rebellion. Surrender now and your lives will be spared!” commanded the largest one, presumably their commanding officer. Noting that they were in trouble; Vinyl reached into her dress and pulled out a smoke pellet. She smiled as she threw it in the center of the soldiers and it exploded and released smoke everywhere, blinding them. Not wasting any time; Vinyl levitated Octavia and Rarity and bolted down the columned hall.

“Hey! What do you think-,” began Rarity, getting very annoyed and angry she was being kidnapped.

“Saving your life!” Vinyl huffed as she continued running away from the advancing soldiers who were still too far out of range to use their crossbows. She turned a corner and slammed past a noble who was quick to complain. She saw a window and smiled at her luck.

Apparently, so did Rarity as her eyes widened at the implication of what the crazed unicorn was about to do. Rarity was going to yell for her to stop, but it was too late as Vinyl already shattered and dove out the window. The soldier saw this and knew it was suicide to continue their pursuit so they just pushed the noble out of their way in annoyance as they had to go the long way to get out of the Canterlot Gardens.

Rarity screamed in terror as the ground came closer and closer. She closed her eyes; waiting for her to become a pretty white stain on the ground, but it had never came. Rarity opened an eye and saw she was still being levitated by the ruffian mercenary kidnapper. She then looked up and saw that Vinyl was running towards an ugly looking airship.

“Wadsworth!’ Vinyl shouted as she was trying to keep her breath steady, both from the running and the constant use of magic, “Prepare for takeoff immediately!”

Wadsworth, in the middle of reading a book, heard the command and quickly bolted to the maintenance area of the ship and commanded everyone that it was time for takeoff and that everyone should be to their post immediately which they did.

When Vinyl saw smoke coming from the smokestacks of the gigantic airship, she smiled as she used up her remaining magic to charge up for a triple teleportation spell and transported all of them onboard. Once she was on the ship, Vinyl jumped up and commanded, “Activate stealth mode immediately!”

The spell was quickly activated and just in time. Several squads of soldiers had just reached where the airship was located. The Base Cannon easily got up off the ground and flew away without alerting the soldiers. Rarity looked around the large area she was now in and saw so many unfamiliar wheels and cranks and pipes. She wasn’t really into the interior designs of an airship anyway; thinking them as dirty and incredibly uncouth. Vinyl and Octavia sighed in relief that they were successful in getting away from the city without alerting any of the pegasi that were flying around. It wouldn’t last long though as Rarity stomped over to them.

“What in the name of Crystalline did you think kidnapping me was a smart idea?!”

Vinyl quickly got angry at this unicorns ungratefulness and retorted, “They saw you interacting with rebels. They would’ve killed you! I think I deserve a thanks AND now an apology!”

Rarity’s face became red and contorted with rage as she yelled, “I’ll never thank a ruffian like you. If you hadn’t even shown up in the first place, none of this would’ve never happened and I would’ve been bragging to Octavia how glorious our performances were!”

Vinyl smirked and stated, “Too bad; there’s no going back now! Word quickly goes around! Your old life is now officially over. The only thing I care about right now is that I blew Octavia’s cover.”

Octavia shrugged and said, “I was getting bored of it anyway!”

Rarity looked past Vinyl and gave Octavia an evil glare. “We are going to have a little chat later, Octy!”

Octavia sighed and nodded. She glumly turned around and lowered her head in shame as she walked away. She would’ve exited the giant room if it wasn’t for Vinyl picking up the retreating musician with a levitation spell and plopped her back where she was. Octavia raised an eyebrow at Vinyl’s course of action and gave a questioning look at her which Vinyl was happy to answer for her. “You were going to tell me what person knows where the STEAMPUNK is!”

“Oh yeah!” Octavia said as she perked up, knowing she did still carry some importance right now.

Rarity, curious of this mysterious steampunk that was so important it had ruined her life was, asked, “Who’s this STEAMPUNK anyway?”
Vinyl sighed as she answered the alabaster unicorn, “It’s the codename for the famous Pinkamena Diane Pie; daughter to the late Steampunk Pie and Steamy Pie, the one who had revolutionized her father’s work, once-wife to the now dead Princess Twilight Sparkle, and the key to winning this war!”

Rarity’s mouth hung open in a rather unladylike way as she was completely flabbergasted. Of course she knew who Pinkamena is! She may have never met the famous woman in person, but she was a huge topic in gossip, Rarity was once jealous of her when she married a princess and won her heart. She remembered that she was once held captive by Queen Crystalline and was rescued by the rebellion almost a year ago. So that’s who they were looking for, she does sound pretty important if they go to these lengths for her.

Vinyl smirked at Rarity’s shock and turned around to focus on the musician behind her and asked, “Where to? I gotta tell Wadsworth where we’re going after all!”

Octavia smiled at the now happy Vinyl and happily answered, “To Ponyville, we are going to meet with another legend there1”

Vinyl cocked her head at the proclamation and asked, “Who is it?”

Octavia smiled even wider as she answered, “The Great Lt. General Dash of the Wonderbolts!”

-----------

In a dark throne room in the middle of the Crystal Empire, a crystal-shaped looking alicorn was sitting on her jagged black crystal throne. The room was covered in black and grey crystals with navy blue flamed torches implanted into the wall. It was dark in here because Queen Crystalline relished in the darkness. She had two huge guards who were actually crystal giving life! They wore black diamond armor and wielded jagged crystal swords that were similarly shaped like a stalagmite that were holstered at their hips. The windows were covered as the Queen waited for someone to enter her room so she could talk to him. A black cloud floated past the entrance to her throne room and made its way over in front of the throne and halted just before Queen Crystalline. Two red eyes with thick navy blue wisps at the end of them peered from the cloud.

“Hello Sombra my dear! I’ve received reports that three rebels are searching for my little steampunk. I want you to tail them to her location. After they find her, I want you to strike those three rebellion scum dead and bring her back home to me!” she commanded in a jagged raspy voice.

“Asssssss you wish!” the cloud creepily growled as it dissipated out of sight before the queen’s eyes.

“My dearest Pinkamena,” she evilly chuckled. “It’s time for you to come back to me!”