• Published 9th Dec 2015
  • 218 Views, 0 Comments

Zap II: The Dark Lightning Warrior - ThatRedChangeling



Zap and Screecher (Or just Zap) are back and are now trap in a "new" world where Zap gets captured and been experimented with Dark magic for two years.

  • ...
 0
 218

Chapter 3: A Huge Day For Zap

2 Days later:Sunset Shimmer's house.

It is now March 13th, 7:40AM Sunset stood outside of her house. She looked quite impatient since Zap was still inside for about twenty minutes getting dress still and having issues getting dress in his new form... still. She had her arms crossed tapping her feet against the sidewalk as she pulled out her phone to see what time is before she let out a groan. After two minutes have passed Zap had finally came outside wearing a white shirt, a dark blue pilot coat with a lightning badge stitched on both side of his arms, he worn blue jeans as well, last he worn a pair of brown boots. He almost looked like he was getting ready for winter, Sunset started to glare at him letting out a groan before the two walked beside each other as she smacked his head gently.

"O-Ooww! What did I do?"

Zap faintly whined.

"We were suppose to leave by 7:20. What were you even doing that took so long?"

"I was still getting dressed and brushed my hair and teeth as well."

"By the time I've head to the door I asked you if you're doing getting ready... It's been twenty minutes since I've asked you that."

"Look it doesn't matter, I'm finally ready and we can head on to Canterlot High is it?.."

She nod in response to his question.

"Yes, but we have to get you enrolled first. And I'm sure you'll like it allot more then your previous school."

Zap let out a sigh.

"I was never went to a public or any private school even. I was always home schooled by my uncle for nearly the rest of my life."

"Oh.. Guess you had a a great life not having to deal with allot of high school conflict?"

"Well it is better then my previous life style.."

He lets out another sigh before gently facepalming.

"Hmm?"

She then stared at him.

"You're saying you had a bad one?"

"More like making like bad for other ponies! Sigh Now, I was never even proud for what I've done in the past.."

"I guess that makes two of us then but lemme guess village trouble maker?"

Zap nodded, rolling his eyes before looking back at her.

"Hmm lemme guess, the school bully?"

"You guest it. Oh, I've forgotten to ask you something!"

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Where are you from and how did you get here?"

"Oh, you asked those questions two years back and I left them unanswered."

She nodded Zap first cleared his throat.

"Well its called Kryo.. Similar to Equestria but environments and animals would never look friendly to you. Their was even a war that raged on for centuries. But the part of Kryo from where I was born, is called the Lightning region."

"A war? Wow, seems like you guys must had quite a hand full."

"Oh we did. Especially Screecher and I when we're eavesdropping on an evil meeting from Graveyard Cove."

"S-Screecher? Screecher Loudmouth?"

His eyes began to thin when she pronounced his first and last name.

"You know him?!"

"Yes, he attended to our school a mouth since you came to this world. He was very obnoxious and rude most often."

"That's certainly the Screecher I knew. Wonder if he got sucked into that portal as well."

"Portal?"

"Oh yes I forget to tell you that part! You see we found this transport and a portal behind some ancient door."

"What happened to the transport?"

"During the travel it was destroyed. The only thing that was left of it, was that metal handlebar."

Sunset scratched her scalp before going into thought while she rubbed her chin.

"Its been such pure hell for those years of being locked up. Can't wait to finally get kinda a break of all of that stuff."

"Be careful what you say, if stay on their good side then I can agree."

"Well it's certainly won't be easy since I don't know how the systems works at your school. So for now you're my guidance in surviving this jungle."

"I don't understand the metaphor from what you said but glad I suppose I can give you a tour of the place once your enrolled."

Zap nodded looking at her again slowly formed a smirk. She stared back at him again faintly cringed.

"Uh, why are you staring at me like that?..."

He quickly grabbed her rubbing his knuckle against her scalp. She groaned, trying to push her out of his grip before Zap loosen his grip just enough to set her free but causing her to fall backwards having her land on her rear against a lawn as Zap began laughing. She started to glare at him rolling her eyes getting back on her feet.

"Very "funny" Zap.."

She shoved him gently backwards continued walking, Zap rolled his eyes with a smile before following her.

Canterlot High.

After a twenty five minutes of walking and messing around with each other they've finally reach Canterlot High. Every student was beginning to head inside the facility going to their lockers to pull out their materials, chatting to one another while heading down to their classes. Zap gave Sunset one last gentle shove, she shoved him back before the two stopped beside the statue. Zap placed his hands on his waist observing the school while thinking for a moment. All of a sudden a loud high pitch was heard from a close distant shouting Sunset by her full name. The two looked towards where the shouting came as it was Pinkie Pie heading towards them along with the rest of the gang. Zap crossed both his arms rolling his eyes at Sunset with a snicker.

"Lemme guess, girlfriends?~"

"You guest it!"

They all began to group hug Sunset while she hugged them back giggling to each other. After a moment they all began to turned their attention towards Zap when he was staring above the sky zoned out to noticed them. Sunset blinked before she slip out gave him a gentle nudge getting his attention as she cleared her throat before Pinkie Pie asked them a question that would make it allot more awkward between the two.

"Hey Shimmer, is he like your boyfriend or something?"

Both their eyes thinned look at each other before taking a few steps back away from each other. Zap began whistling awkwardly while scratching his scalp, Sunset facepalmed gently shaking her head in response.

"No Pinkie, we are NOT what you think we are."

She let out a groan as Pinkie smiled awkwardly letting out a chuckle, Applejack rolled her eyes before she stood beside Pinkie.

"What Pinkie here is TRYING to say, who's this fella here?"

Zap shook his head walking towards the two raising his right hand at him offering a handshake.

"The name's Zap Stormwing, but just call me Zap."

Applejack smiled at him shaking his hand causing him to slightly cringe due to her strength.

"Howdy! I'm Applejack."

She let go, Zap began rubbing his hand softly.

"A-And you must be, P-Pinkie?..."

Pinkie Pie grabbed his right hand shaking his arm rapidly up and down causing him to shout out "Ow" multiple times.

"Hi I'm Pinkamena Diane Pie! But just call me Pinkie Pie!"

She let go of his hand, Zap began to groan loudly held his right arm.

"J-Jesus C-Christ could you give this hand a b-break?.."

"Oh sorry!"

He groaned while massaged his hand before cracking his knuckles. Rainbow Dash slowly approached him as the two looked at with one of their eyebrows raised.

"Hmm, lemme guess the competitive one?"

"Psh, close. But NO."

She began to show off how awesome, better, athletic etc. she was, Zap only rolled in response as the two fist bumped each other.

"What you say, Miss. Showoff."

She rolls her eyes while she lets out a huff. Zap rubbed his chin observing the group.

"Hmm and whom may the rest be?"

He then asked.

"Rarity."

"Twilight Sparkle."

"..."

Zap looked towards the shy pink haired teenage girl.

"And yours?.."

She spoke in a very soft quiet voice but was difficult to even understand what she said. Zap cringed, raising an eyebrow.

"I-I'm sorry, what did you say?..."

"F-Fluttershy..."

She spoke a bit louder but still faintly heard to understand. Zap only tilted his head side way still a bit stump to what she's saying still before shaking his head.

"N-Nevermind. Well it has been nice getting to know you girls but I need to got see your principal to have me enrolled to attend and hopefully resume chatting to you all! So which way is it to the principal's office Sunset?"

"Just down the hall on the left then make a right turn and you should be able see her office on the left side."

"Thank you!"

He then rushed his way towards the entrance before he made impact against the glass door that was so crystal clear you wouldn't tell if there was a door. Sunset facepalmed, slowly shaking her head while she let out a sigh.

"This is going one long day isn't it?"

She spoke in her thoughts. Zap groaned, rubs his face gently as he stared at the faintly unpolished glass door gave it open poke before he shouts.

"Uh Sunset, how do I open this?"

"Pull the handle bar!"

She groaned, Zap looked down at the handle bar firmly grips before pulling the door open. He chuckled and smiled awkwardly, slowly enters the facility. He stood in the center between the two hallways, slowly turning himself at 360 degrees to observe his surroundings in awe. He turned towards the hallway on his left, as soon he took a step a loud yell was heard from behind him shouting his name. The voice began to sound familiar to him as his eyes widens.

"Screecher?!"

He slowly turn around but just right after he was then slapped across his face harshly as he lets out a yelp then faces the sky blue teen whom is half the size as Zap but with some feathers in his hair? The face of the boy seemed similar to the dwarf griffin back in Kryo, the sky blue male started glaring at Zap while he was rubbing his cheek gently faintly groaning.

"What the hell where you thinking going through that portal?! You had us all worried sick!!"

The feathered teen yelled at him, Zap eyes began to thinned.

"S-Screecher?! B-But how did you g-get here?"

"I'll tell you that later. But where have you been?! I've been looking for you for two years!"

Before Zap could ever reply back a loud howl was heard coming from outside. The two turned their heads towards the glass door, something charged right through shattering the glass in its path. Screecher rushed behind Zap as the two faced a flame haired human like monsters with light-orange skin, claws on each fingers, dark orange colored slit eyes, and with teeth showing from its upper jaw. It snarled at Zap, slowly crawled towards the two as they backed away a few steps keeping distant from it. Screecher carefully observed the flame headed beast before he lets out a gasp.

"Zap that's Inferno! He's one of our own."

"Is he normally like this?!"

"No, he's actually the exact opposite kinda. I don't know how he turned into THAT."

Inferno growled at them as he swung his arm towards Zap but only missed by a couple inches, but crawled two feet away from the two.

"Uhh Screecher, what is he doing?"

Screecher shrugged, Inferno curled himself into a ball and started spinning around rapidly as flames began to form creating a ball of fire.

"Zap I think we need to get out a range!"

Inferno somersault towards them, they eventually got out of range but Inferno managed to damage Zap's coat sleeve and burn most of his exposed skin before made impact to the wall. Zap lets out a scream as he fell backward. He grabbed his arm groaning loudly to his burning flesh and skin infection as tears rolled down his cheeks. Inferno formed out from his ball lands back on his feet, slowly crawled towards Zap while snarling. Zap slowly stood back up blood began to drip down from his fingers as he stared at Inferno, furiously before his body began to surging. Screecher took a few steps back from him getting scared and worried to what's happening to Zap.

"..Zap..?"

Zap let out a loud roar before he changed into his dark form. Many of the students began to let out screams while a few female students fainted, Sunset and her friends have stared at him in horror seeing that the nice guy they recently met had a dark side. Screecher rushed towards them to keep safe distant, Inferno then roared at Zap as he returned with a deep growl clenching his fist tightly as it began surging rapidly formed an bright purple aura.

"I'm getting REAL tired of this shit!"

Inferno roared again attempting to pounce him. Zap quickly smashed his fist against Inferno face launching him back and landed on his back harshly, electrocuting him painfully but surprisingly wasn't enough to kill him as he began shrieking in excruciating pain before a dark purple crystal shard popped out from his neck. He then went unconscious slowly deformed from a fiery beast into a flame color haired teen Zap however didn't change back at, Screecher slowly took a few steps towards him.

"Z-Zap?..."

He stuttered, Zap immediately turned his head towards him breathing heavily while growled at him. He turned slowly walked towards him now as Screecher heart began to race taking a few steps back again.

"Ehh Zap, buddy? It's me. Your old pal Screecher, remember?"

He collapsed now in a helpless position, Zap stood over and stared down at him snarling. He aimed his talons towards Screecher before he quickly covered his head. As soon Zap attempt to jab his talon he was at a mid stop as his breathing slowly faded took a few steps back before he collapsed. He finally changed back to his normal self getting very dazed. Screecher and the other quickly gathered around him as Zap rolled his eyes towards all of them spoke out with a soft and weak voice.

"I-I'm sorry..."

His voice slowly faded away as his eyes rolled up to the back of his skull before closing going unconscious. Screecher began to shake him a bit as tears slowly rolled down.

"Z-Zap?! ZAAAAAAP!!!"

???

Zap's could now heard crackling sound of fire around him but no light shin through his eyelids though as deep feminine voice was heard, echoing his name.

"Zap... Zap... Zap, you boy... WAKE UP!"

He gasped loudly doing so, as his eyes were widen quickly looked around seeing the room was pitch black with six pillars each with a torch. A whistle was heard as his turns his head towards seeing a grey skin female wearing a cloak held a scythe in her right hand. She stared at him with a frown letting out a huff.

"Its about time you woke up you lazy basterd. My name is Stella the grim reaper."

Zap stared at her in confusion slowly getting up.

"Ehh, aren't you uhm... Too fleshy to be a grim reaper? I mean, aren't they suppose to be all bones?"

"Oh how many have you met before me, bud? Haven't anyone told you not ALL grim reapers have to be skeletons?!"

She sassed.

"Right I guess... Wait! Grim reaper? Am I dead?!"

He panicked, Stella facepalmed groaning.

"NO you're not you idiot! Well not yet actually..."

"W-What you mean?!"

"Ugh listen! The good news is, you're not dead you just been put into a coma from which you'll wake up soon."

Zap let out a sigh.

"Bad news?..."

"You are slowly dying BUT there's still a away to save yourself. But it will not be easy."

"So what is it?"

Stella cleared her throat once more as she pulled out a scroll from under her cloak.

"This was written by the creator itself, for me to read to you apparently."

She groaned, reading out loud.

"The only way to save yourself from the darkness that is slowly devouring your heart and soul is to find a light crystal. One shard will balance the darkness blah blah blah the old shit you must find!"

She tossed the scroll away, Zap scratched his scalp.

"So where can I find it?

"Hey don't look at me, I'm not your helper! But I will help you out with this, it seems you now having issues controlling your powers right?"

He slowly nodded.

"But wait, where am I?"

"You're in the underworld of course! Or in this dimension, Hell. But don't be expecting to leave anytime soon."

"Uh, why?"

Stella snickered.

"Because after you changed back you now gotten quite a coma so since its now March 13th soooo, you'll be due in two months."

Zap eye began to widen again.

"TWO MONTHS?!"

"Which gives us a perfect amount of time for training now lets go!"

She grabbed his arm pulling him along with as they headed towards another room.

"H-Hey WAIT!"