• Published 12th Nov 2015
  • 297 Views, 2 Comments

The Story Of The Mysterious Captured Narrator - Captured Narrator



The young ponies love to hear the Captured Narrators lovely stories. But who is this mysterious pony? Where did he come from? What is he?

  • ...
 2
 297

Who Exactly IS This Captured Narrator?

After the party that day, I went back to the house I had woken up in. Turns out it was an empty house before I had even gotten there. I walked inside and hopped into bed that night, feeling like I had finally found a place in which I... In which I was happy. During that entire day I had met Twilight's friends, and they were so kind to me. But, when I tried thinking of my friends in the other world, I couldn't. Turns out my memory of that world had begun to fade away. I didn't give it much thought though, and then I gave in to exhaustion.


The next few weeks only made everything better. We all made great friends, and I found out a lot about my new friends. Especially the one pony that scared them all the most. Or more correctly, the Zebra, who scared them the most. One morning I walked out of my home and into the town’s center, only to realize the town was empty. I walked around, cautiously looking around. Then I noticed there was a striped figure up the road, digging at the ground with her hoof. I trotted up to her, saying hello. But before I could walk any closer, a rainbow colored streak smashed into my side and, to my surprise, lifted me off the ground and into what I remembered was Pinkie Pie’s home. Whatever it was let go of me, and I skidded to a halt on Pinkie Pie’s floor, whipping my head up with ferocity glowing in my eyes. I was ready for a fight. What I didn’t expect, was for my friends to stare back at me with fear in their eyes. That rainbow colored streak was Rainbow Dash, looking at me as if she was ready to bolt. I lightened my expression.
“What the heck guys what are you doing in here, and why is it so dark?” I asked, as I realized that was little to no light within the home.
“SHHHH! Be quiet! She has already seen you; don’t let her find you now!” Rainbow Dash said, to my utter surprise.
“Who Rainbow? Who exactly are you talking about?” I asked. Everyone but Twilight went wide-eyed and said, “Zecora! The Zebra outside!”
The bravest ponies in Ponyville… were afraid of a Zebra?
“What are you talking about? What is so scary about her? Also why exactly is Twilight seemingly not sharing in your fears?” I asked.
“I don’t believe any of this, thank goodness there is SOMEONE who has some sense left.” Twilight said, huffing. “Curses aren’t real, and she isn’t evil!” Sensing an argument between them, I stepped up.
“Listen. Real or not, hiding will solve NOTHING. Let’s all just calm down, and-“
”WHERE’S APPLEBLOOM?” Shouted Applejack, interrupting me. I was about to scowl at her, but then I noticed I had seen the young filly when I arrived, but hadn’t seen her leave. Which didn't make ANY sense, I had been there all of two minutes. Applejack was hysterical.
“Oh dear, we got to go find her! It must’ve been that Zecora! She-“
“Did nothing, and Applebloom probably went out on her own accord. We just need to find her.” Twilight said, attempting to calm the terrified earth pony. I was about to walk out and start searching, when I looked out of Pinkie’s window and saw a yellow filly walk into the Everfree forest. My eyes widened. “Applebloom is following Zecora!” I thought to myself. I really wasn’t afraid that she was following Zecora, but I was more concerned about her surviving the forest. I told the gang what I had seen, and they gasped.
“Come on! I’m not letting’ my little sis gets eaten by a wolf or by that evil Zecora. We have to hurry!” She said, and dashed out the door, everyone else following. I sighed, and wished poor Applebloom luck. Hopefully, she would still be behind that Zebra when we found her.


“Applebloom! You come back here this instant!” Applejack yelled out. I ran up behind her, out of the blue plants we just trudged through and watched as Applebloom stared back at her bigger sister. Zecora whipped her head around, staring all of us down with yellow, glaring eyes. “Beware! Beware you pony-folk! For those leaves of blue are not a joke!” She said, as she slipped off through the misty forest. Applejack darted up to her younger sister and started shouting at Zecora, and soon everyone but Twilight and Fluttershy had joined her. Even Pinkie had begun to sing her stupid little Zecora-jingle. I stood where I was and stared at the fading figure of Zecora, wondering why Applejack was so concerned. Once she had gone, and Rainbow had delivered one last retort to the Zebra, Applejack turned to Applebloom with a furious expression.
“And YOU! Why couldn’t you just listen to your big sister?” She asked angrily. “We have no idea what kind of curse Zecora could have just put on us!”
“Hey! Curses aren’t real and you know it Applejack! And regardless of what you told Applebloom someone had to say SOMETHING to the poor Zebra sooner or later! That ‘curse’ could have been a warning for all we know!” I shouted back at Applejack angrily. That was uncalled for, Zecora isn’t an enchantress and she didn’t curse us. Curses aren’t real… right?
“Everypony just calm down! It’s over now. Applebloom is safe. Let’s all just go home, ok? There is no curse, there is no hex, and there is nothing to worry about.” Said Twilight. Applejack glared at the both of us.
“You just wait and see you two! Zecora just cursed us, I just know it!”


I woke up the next day feeling... weird. My legs and forelegs were strangely... well to be honest I couldn't quite put my hoof on it but I knew there was something wrong. I sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Wait... How was I sitting up? Ponies weren't able to sit up like that. And why did my hooves feel...soft? I looked down, and recognized a very distinct set of legs and arms, and two hands balled into a fist. I yelled out, "WHAT?" probably loud enough for the entire town to hear me. I jumped up and looked at my maroon shirt, blue jeans, black sneakers and gray sweat jacket with rolled up sleeves in absolute awe. What had happened over the night? I ran to the door, deciding I would go to Twilight to see if she knew anything about it… and almost smashed my skull against the doorframe. I forgot that I was so tall… and the average height for ponies is much shorter than me. Once I ducked under the doorframe, I booked it to Twilight’s tree. Many ponies passing by stared in absolute bewilderment at me. I can’t say I blame them, they haven’t seen a human before. But it still made me want to run even faster. When I arrived at Twilight’s tree, I noticed that everyone was already in the library… and it seems like they were having issues of their own. Twilight’s unicorn horn was covered in blue spots and… was it drooping? Rarity, or the mob of hair that looked like Rarity, has her mane overgrown worse than the Everfree forest. Rainbow Dash had her wings upside-down; I didn’t even know that was possible. Applejack literally turned into an elf-pony, she was small enough to fit into the palm of my hand. Pinkie seemed to have the same sort of issue as Twilight, but only with her tongue, but I couldn’t really tell what was up with Fluttershy. I tried to dash into the door, but the doorframe had other ideas and I smashed my head against the top of the door. “Really? Ow!” I shouted. I looked up, and the ponies inside were looking directly at me, immense fear in their eyes. I sat up, looking at them with confusion. Then I realized why they were afraid.
“Oh… Uh… Hi guys. Its ok, it’s just me, Andrew. I see you’re having issues as well?” Their faces went from fear to confusion, and then Twilight walked up to me.
“Andrew? What… are you exactly?” I stood up, realizing I totally towered above all the ponies in the room.
“Whelp, I’m a human. One of the… how shall I put this… beings of my old world? I have no idea why I’m a human though. What happened to you guys?” The ponies looked at me in awe, but then Applejack spoke up.
“It was Zecora! She cursed us all! I told you so!” Now it was my turn to look at her in frustration.
“What in America are you talking about? Zecora cursing us? That’s absurd!” Applejack and the rest of the ponies looked at me with confusion, than Twilight spoke up.
“What’s an ‘America’?” She asked me. I face palmed. Of course they don’t know what America is! This isn’t Earth!
“Fine. Let’s say… What in Equestria?” Everypony then seemed to understand. Twilight spoke up again.
“I said the same thing. But… I have no other explanation for what is going on. Especially for you Andrew. And all of this happened seemingly after we met Zecora.” I sighed.
“Well then let’s go ask her. Maybe she knows what happened, and can help us whether she did do it or not.” Shouted Rainbow Dash, her head stuck under a ladder for some reason unknown to me.
Everyone else continued to fight and argue, but I had other things on my mind. I noticed I hadn’t heard Applejack or Applebloom in quite some time, and I didn’t see them around. I decided to walk out and try to find them. I could only assume they went to find Zecora. I snuck out the door, and spotted Applebloom walking into the Everfree. Sneakily, I caught up to her, and walked behind her, unbeknownst to the small Apple family member. I didn’t want to ruin whatever plan she seemed to have. Then I noticed that Applebloom had stopped. I watched, as she talked to a tiny figure within her mane. I could barely hold back my laughter as I realized it was Applejack. She set small Applejack on a tree branch, and kept onward. I followed, knowing the small filly was actually quite smart putting her bigger… well smaller but older sister on that branch, out of reach of the monsters.


I kept on with Applebloom until she reached a large tree, which seemed to also serve as a house. The home contained many jars and seemingly primal masks and decorations. I watched as Applebloom walked up to the door, and before she opened it I walked out asking her what she was doing. She jumped, and glared at me when she realized who I was.
“I’m trying to solve this problem once and for all! Zecora isn’t evil, and she wants to help!” I looked at her, and said “Ok. Well mind if I attend? I am rather interested in meeting our striped friend.” She looked up in surprise, then smiled and nodded. Then, we both knocked, and a deep but pleasing voice told us, “Come in!”
We walked in, and Zecora walked out, surprised to see us. I opened my mouth to say hello, but then I felt my breath catch in my throat. Then my chest and brain exploded into pain, and I cried out, crumpling to my knees and shuddering.
“Andrew! Are you ok? Zecora we need to help him!” Applebloom cried. I let out a horrid, guttural and monstrous scream as my entire body seemed to shrink and reshape. Then I blacked out.


I awoke on my side, my arms and legs lying comfortably to my side in front of me. “Wait… that’s not humanly possible…” I thought to myself, and opened my eyes in confusion. I gaped in utter bewilderment, as I saw my maroon-colored hooves meet my face. I had turned back to a pony. But how? I staggered to my hooves and looked around. That’s when I noticed that Zecora was staring at me. I looked at them, and asked “What happened?”
Zecora told me everything that happened, how I had walked in, than let out a monstrous scream before passing out. While I was passed out she sent a very scared Applebloom out to gather materials. When she arrived back at my side, I had transformed into a pony again. She had then sat there for a minute or two looking me over before I began to stir. Whatever had transformed me back had seemingly gone. I still felt turmoil within my chest, where the brute of the pain was, but it was much less intense, and I felt better. Then Zecora spoke up, speaking in a strangely familiar rhythm, oddly enough.
“Your powers lye just infinite, inside of you they churn. For if you focus on that old form, you’ll find it may return. The poison joke inside of you, extracted your control, and ripped away your magical ability, causing you great turmoil. I have helped to remove it, such as I will for your friends, so now practice control on your form, to use it that depends.” I’m not going to lie, I didn’t really understand much of what she said, but I know that the poison joke, being the blue plants we walked through yesterday, was causing my magic to lose control, and change my form randomly, because I apparently had that ability. I was afraid to try, because of the pain from before, but I focused with all my brain on changing into my human form, and when I looked up… it had worked! Then I focused on my pony form, and then I changed into a pony once again. I was mesmerized, as was Applebloom. Zecora smiled, and walked into another room while I practiced my back and forth between the forms. It got easier and easier as I kept doing it. Suddenly, I heard a loud crash from the other room, and I rushed up in my human form to see what had happened, only to almost have my head taken off by Rainbow Dash. I caught her and stopped her from bouncing all around and destroying everything, as the others bounded in. I had never seen Twilight’s face so twisted with hostility. It almost scared me. ALMOST.
I yelled out, “Everypony STOP where you are!” more hostility in my voice than I originally wanted, and stared down the hostile-turned-confused Twilight Sparkle and friends. “What are you doing to her home?” At the same moment, miniature Applejack had climbed up onto my head and started biting my ear, surprising me enough to accidentally release the frightened and rather dazed Rainbow Dash, who promptly flew out of my hands and ran straight into the pot that was cooking the cure for the poison joke.
“No! Ponies! You know not what you have done!” Zecora gasped, staring at the pot of spilled medicine.
“We’re on to you Zecora! I never believed a word when they told me you cursed us, but the evidence is overwhelming! And now, you have kidnapped two of our friends, and turned one of them into your evil minions!” Twilight yelled out. Before anyone else could say anything, I promptly lost my patience and shouted as loud as possible “QUIET!” In both shock and fear, everyone within Zecora’s tiny home looked at me and stopped talking.
“For goodness sakes Twilight! Listen to yourself! First off I am not a “minion” to her, and second she didn’t kidnap either of us! Also, remember those blue plants we were walking in trying to get to Applebloom yesterday? That’s called poison joke, and it’s what has been causing all of this! Not Zecora! What’s more, that cauldron was the cure for poison joke, and now look at it!” Twilight looked at me as if I had gone insane, as did everyone else. Just then Applebloom galloped in, in the middle of saying, “I have all the ingredients we need Zecora!” before gasping at the sight in front of her eyes.
“What in the name of Celestia is going on here?” She gasped.
Applejack, seeing the sight of her sister safe, stopped gnawing at my ear and shouted, “Applebloom! You’re okay!”
Applebloom gave a strange face. “Why wouldn’t I be?” She asked, before Twilight defensively jumped in front of her.
“Because Zecora is an evil enchantress who cursed us, hypnotized Andrew into believing she is trying to help, and getting ready to boil you alive, turning you into her next meal!” Twilight shouted, snarling. I cocked my head to the side in confusion. Is that REALLY what they thought Zecora was going to do with her? I couldn’t stifle a laugh, and neither could both Zecora and Applebloom.
“Okay Twilight. I thought that thinking I was hypnotized was bad, but REALLY? Boiling her alive? What is this, a fillyscout campfire story?” I laughed, seriously wondering how she got the idea of “boiling” Applejack into a stew. Twilight wasn’t satisfied.
“You can’t just sit there and tell me that all of this that was inflicted on us wasn’t a curse!” She said, with a hint of doubt in her voice. Applebloom walked past them.
“It’s not a curse!” She laughed. Then, in Zecora’s very peculiar way of speech that made it impossible for me to remember exactly what she said, she explained to everyone exactly what it was she had told us that day, and what it was we had stood in.
“It was a warning, a warning about the poison joke.” Said Applebloom.
“Such a plant is just like poison oak, but the results are like a joke.” Said Zecora.
“Hence the name, “poison joke?” I said. In confusion, everyone seemed to realize just what it was Zecora said, and all their faces slowly turned a shade of red.
“But what about all the chanting and the cauldron?” Asked Twilight. I facepalmed.
“How many times must I say it? It was medicine for the poison joke!” I said. Applebloom spoke up.
“Twilight, that big cauldron wasn’t for me, it was for all these ingredients! The remedy for poison joke is as simple as it gets. You just need a bubble bath!” She said.
Twilight looked confused. “But I looked everywhere for a cure and I came up with nothing. What book has this remedy if it’s so simple?” She asked. Zecora walked over and closed the book, exposing the cover.
“Here is the book you seek; sad you lack it in your library.” She said. Twilights ears drooped.
“Actually, I’m fairly sure I own this book. But I never looked inside, as the title looked more like a fictional book then an informational one.” Twilight admitted. She then looked up to Zecora, sadness in her eyes.
“I’m sorry Zecora. I had the remedy all along, but I assumed the book was useless because of the title.” She looked down at her hooves.
Zecora gave a quiet laugh. “Maybe next time you will look more than once, and not judge the cover of the book.” She said. Twilight looked back up and smiled.
“Zecora, would you be so kind and mix us up a new batch of the brew?” She asked hopefully. Zecora smiled.
“Mix it up, yes I will! But I am still missing an herb from Ponyville.” She said.
“That’s the thing! Whenever she goes into Ponyville, all the shops are mysteriously closed.” Said Applebloom. Twilight and I smiled thinking the same thing.
“I think we can help you with that.” We both said at the same time.


Afterward, we all went through Ponyville, and gathered them at the center. Then, we put to rest all the scary but false statements and rumors about Zecora. She was able to get the ingredients she needed, and my friends were all cured of their aliments. I did have to show them my special morphing ability, and I just about made Twilight faint from excitement. That night, as I lay down in bed, I sank into sleep like a rock dropped in water, my last thoughts being, “What’s tomorrow going to entail?”

Author's Note:

This is by FAR the most important part in the future of my story. The ability to morph into my human self saved me and Equestria many times. Come back next time to hear the final chapter.....