• Published 28th Oct 2015
  • 1,833 Views, 73 Comments

Empress of Flame 3: Midnight flame - Pathious



Twilight finds herself having to raise Sunset Shimmer from birth after a series of events~!

  • ...
12
 73
 1,833

Maternal sparkle

Twilight sparkle had not been the same since Sunsets death. She had became really depressed. She would have Vivid Dreams and Nightmares, Moodiness, and Strong Hunger and Thirst Pains. She was a total mess since Sunsets death. Luna and Celestia were taking notice to this and where incredibly concerned for her. Twilight had never acted this way after any tragic event that had happened to her and her friends before. Not even when Discord was the biggest threat had she shown such sorrow. Twilight had not left her room for the past six weeks. She had apparently felt the need to be alone. Thankfully she was currently asleep so Luna could enter her dream and possibly talk to her. Luna did as she felt necessary, Unfortunately when she was about to do her work Twilight awoke from one of her vivid nightmares. Her friends entering her room to be by her side when she woke.

"Holy guacamole Twilight your yelling louder than Fluttershy's howling monkey~! Howling monkeys are known for there howling~!" Pinkie pie said in her usual over ecstatic tone of voice. Almost as if her reference to how loud howler monkeys was relevant to the situation.

"Now, now darling, I'm sure Twilight would be more relaxed if you would stop being so loud every time she awakes from a nightmare~." Rarity said as she looked at pinkie pie with a radiant smile. "Though we do appreciate your reference to. The... howling... Monkeys." Rarity said as she used her right hoof to fluff her lower curl of her mane.

"Girls I'm fine really. It's just a nightmare. Everypony has them." Twilight said as she used her own pillow to cover her head so not so much light could reflect into her eyes, She had also been allot more sensitive in every prospective since she had witness the death of Sunset. "After all dreams are merely a frightening or unpleasant dream. Dreams can't hurt you." Twilight said as she tried to justify the fact that she was supposedly alright.

"Nightmare feel like they can hurt you." fluttershy said silently as she blew her lower bangs out of her eyesight. "I've had enough of them to know how they feel." She said as she lowered her head a little bit. Twilight looked at her five friends as she let out a soft sigh.

"Girls I promise I'll be alright. I suggest we all calm down and try and get some sleep. I don't want you all to lose sleep over worrying about me." Twilight said as she laid down. Her wings shuffled under her thin blanket. After her friend had finally left she felt that she could use her magic to stop concealing what she had been foolish enough to tell nopony about. Twilight had been using magic to conceal a rather peculiar lump in her stomach. Twilight was pregnant, which would be totally exciting to her if she knew how the hell she got that way. After all her one time relationship with Flash had never gone that for and they never got married. So the chances of it being Flashes was an obvious slim to none. This once again lead princess egghead to wonder how the hell she could be pregnant. Twilight looked down at her own stomach and she felt the urge to eat ice cream, and allot of it. Just the thought of ice cream was enough to make her lips tremble to want to eat some. Then the random thought of eating dirt popped into her head and this made twilight really confused. How did she go from wanting ice cream to dirt? Was it because dirt was more readably available as oppose to ice cream?

"Ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh I feel fat~!" Twilight groaned as she nearly rolled off her own bed in her own self wallowing. Twilight was now on her back as she lay in bed her front hooves now resting on her own chest as she looked at the ceiling. Twilight smacked her lips together as she still thought about eating dirt. Twilight looked at a pot nearby. Spike had been kind enough to pick some flowers for her. Twilight began to think to herself. your not really gonna eat that are you she thought to herself as she stood up out of her bed.yep your gonna eat it aren't you Twilight made it over to the pot and stared at it. oh come on don't belittle yourself by eating dirt...it's sooooo uckie She thought to herself. Next thing she knew she had a nice sized chunk of dirt in her mouth "Ewwwwwwwww why did I do that?" she started to spit it all out onto her floor. She used her wings and front hooves to bat at her own mouth to rid her mouth of the foal taste of potting soil that had been sitting in the sun all day. Twilight had not done much studying on Pregnancy. Oddly enough she never thought she would be one to get pregnant. So she went to go do the one thing she could do best. Read.....a book. Twilight used her magic to once again conceal her lump. She slowly exited her room to go to the library part of her castle. Twilight breathed out slowly to help herself grow courage enough to go. Twilight looked around to see none of her friend appeared to be awake. Which for one was a huge relief for her, The last thing she needed was a....

"Hi twilight." Pinkie pie said as she was now right by twilight her muzzle pressed tightly to Twilights cheek. "Watcha doooin?" she said as she slowly slid away about ten inches. Pinkie now had her head tilted, the widest smile ever on her face. Pinkie was balancing on her right front hoof as she waited for Twi to respond.

"Well Pinkie I was going to go study alone." twilight smiled back in the most polite way possible.

"Ooooooooooooooooooooo goodie. Studying is something you used to do all the time before all that funky stuff happened in the human world. when sunset died and everything." Pinkie squeed as she then planted all her hooves on the ground. "Shooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuld I leave you alone~?" Pinkie pie gave a smile even wider than before as she leaned in towards twilight.

"Y-yes Pinkie I could use some alone time, After all studying is usually a one pony thing for me." Twilight smiled awkwardly. Twilight somehow managed to get out of that Pinkie situation. Her friend, along with every other pony were getting used to giving her space. Twilight had been getting her space quite a lot lately. The whole situation had never really clicked in miss sparkles head up until now. She had never really thought how her hiding would affect her relationships. She was the princess of friendship, She out of anypony should know what things affect the thing she represents. Twilight couldn't help but get more and more frustrated with herself.

She eventually made it to the Library. Anything she needed should be under the p section of the library. Twilight spent five minutes searching but she eventually found what she was looking for. A book with the title called Equine Pregnancy. Pregnancy came with many side affects. When pregnant one will feel urges of hunger and thirst,Vivid Dreams and Nightmares, and Moodiness. Twilight had all of those symptoms. This also made her wonder why her friends couldn't tell something was up. Shouldn't they know? Twilight shook those thoughts for now and continued her research. This time she searched for a supernatural form of pregnancy, Her mind was wandering and searching for answers. Answers she may not want to know. She kept searching for answers despite those lingering thoughts in her head. A small voice deep in her brain seemed to be telling her she didn't need to know. She fought that voice of hers in order to find what she believed she needed to know. Unfortunately the answer was not what she expected. She was pregnant because of...Sunset?