• Published 3rd Nov 2015
  • 533 Views, 2 Comments

Repaying The Favor - Lady Brony



Ten years has passed since Princess Twilight give up her wings to Faith. However do to an unfortunate event, Faith ends up in critical condition.

  • ...
5
 2
 533

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I stood alone on the balcony at the beautiful, starry night. The stars were absolutely stunning that night. There were over a million stars and a full moon. I could have stared at it all night if I had it my way. However, I had my royal duties to take care of that were more important than stargazing, sadly.

But there’s no hurry right now.

The evening reminded me of the time I met Faith ten years ago on the night of my coronation. Time really does fly. It felt like just yesterday when I met her. Helping her get out of the wheelchair and live a life of her own at last. We still kept in contact, although its very rare now. She has an amazing colt-friend and are great friends who she casually mentioned in one or two letters on a few occasions. She seems to have a happy life, which was the point of me giving up my wings to her.

She had told me in a letter recently that she is about to turn sixteen. She’s going to have huge party for it and that I was welcomed to join if I liked. I giggled a bit, I was just a few weeks from turning twenty-eight and I was being invited to a sweet sixteen with a bunch of teenagers. I’m feeling old now, thanks Faith.

I stood a little longer; I knew I should get back my royal responsibilities. Though it was quite late and I can wait until the morning to do it.

All of a sudden, I heard my name.

I turned to see an rose colored unicorn with her pale peach and blonde mane wearing a golden helmet and matching armor. Crystal Stars, the first and only female guard we have at the castle. She has been here for a few months now.

***

Twenty years ago, mares weren’t allowed to be royal guards due to the belief females wouldn’t be able to handle the constant demand of protecting the royals like any stallion could. But due to heavy protests and debates, the ban was lifted, eventually. Nonetheless there was and still very strict policies for a pony to become a royal guard.

A guard is expected to take care of all challenges head on and have very little time to act about a dangerous situation. Whether it’s stopping Princess Luna eating a peanut butter sandwich, which she is allergic to, or saving Ponyville from “The Changeling Queen”. It doesn’t matter what problem is, a guard must be prepared to handle anything.

Mostly, the males were able to get it all right. The mares were permitted to apply for it but none passed. Until Crystal came to the picture. She passed all the exams with flying colors and became the only mare guard we have to this day.

Although she was fairly new, she wasn’t relatively sure on what she was doing yet. She at least tried to be a decent guard, but, she still has a long way to go.

***

Crystal did a small bow out of respect. She stated that Princess Celestia wished to see me immediately in the throne room. When I asked if there was a problem, she said she was told to just pass on the message and was told nothing else. I nodded and headed the throne room.

***

I entered the room urgently, thinking there was a dragon attack on a nearby town or some terrible disaster. I saw Princess Celestia sitting calmly in her throne chair awaiting my arrival. She instantly left her throne and walked towards me, it’s worse than I thought.

I asked what was the problem in a panicking voice. Celestia suggested that I calm down a bit before we continued. What’s going on? This wasn’t going to be good. Could somepony just tell me what happened? I thought to myself.

I need to relax and a take deep breathe before I over exaggerated. I’m acting like somepony died but who knows? That could be it for all I know. Okay Twilight, breathe. I took a long breath, finally feeling tranquil enough to actually communicate properly.

Celestia hesitated before she went on. She put her hoof on my shoulder, “I’m so sorry, Faith is in the hospital”. She said with deep empathy. “The doctors say she might not have long”.

I felt my heart drop, Faith can’t d-die. She inspired me in every way possible, with her outgoing attitude and her genuinely kindness that brings to smile even to the toughest stallion. Though I did give her my wings and she was a weak flier, unfortunately, she still needed her wheelchair to get around. But it’s better than being stuck in it all day. Because flying can get very exhausting, the Transfer Spell couldn’t do that much.

I just wanted to run off and cry. Faith didn’t deserve this; she was just starting to live it up. It’s just not fair.

“Why? What happen to her?” I asked Celestia, holding in all my tears. I was close to having a breakdown right there and then.

Celestia swallowed nervously. I had a bad feeling about this.

”Are you sure want to know?”

“Yes, I can handle it”. I said getting more and more inpatient. Tell me already!

The princess took a deep breath before she continued. “According to the police report that was given to me, Faith was out night flying with her coltfriend, Jet, yesterday meeting some friends of theirs at a party. She and Jet had been both running late and wanted get to the party as fast as possible. Jet was flying faster than Faith and she had trouble keeping up with him and she was falling behind.

Eventually, Faith lost him and ended up getting lost and she found herself in the bad part of Canterlot. She got caught up with a mugger and was stabbed, luckily somepony called the authorities and the mugger was arrested. The doctor said she’s in critical condition and we’re waiting to see if Faith will wake up.”

I said nothing, I felt completely numb. Then I experienced anger I never had before. How dare Jet abandon Faith like that? A gentle-colt wouldn’t pull a stunt like that, especially since Faith had difficulty with flying. I have some choice words for him.

Author's Note:

Due to some heavy requests. I decided to bring this story back from the dead. I really need a break from my current story "Daily Lie". If you like this please let me know.