• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 311 Views, 2 Comments

Cracked Horn and Ribbons: The story of Evening Dream - guard1ans



This is the story of a little pony from Ponyville Trying to be more outgoing and facing her fears after a accident left her horn cracked and unable to do many things other unicorns could do.

  • ...
 2
 311

The friendship force

Rarity sat down across from Evening, her face contorted in shock.

"Please Rarity, can we call the whole thing off? I never celebrate anything...and I never want to again." Evening whispered.

"Mrs. Cake will be happy that I've made friends and I've socialized on this trip...but she doesn't know all the details about what happened...I'm scared of parties...they killed my mom and dad."

Tears streamed down the two unicorns faces. Neither of them noticing that Rarity's cutiemark shined and lights resembling the three diamond shaped crystals floated off the mark.

In Ponyville, the palace knew. The Palace of Friendship knew that something needed to be done. That this injustice needed to be corrected. That Evening Dream needed the magic of friendship in order to finally heal.

Moments later, Princess Twilight rushed into the meeting room and sat in her friendship council chair. Another moment and Fluttershy and AppleJack wandered in as well.

"Now what's going on?" The earthpony asked.

"I was in the middle of apple bucking."

"The map!" Twilight said proudly.

"Oh?" Fluttershy asked curious.

Both pony's were almost bowled over as a streak of Rainbow flew in. Rainbow dash stopped and settled into her council chair.

"So whats up? I was practicing when my cutie mark started to glow."

"Yours too?" Pinkie pie squealed in excitement as she hopped in.

"Wait a minute, where's Rarity?"

"She's in Canterlot." Twilight replied simply.

The princess scanned the map as everyone took their seats. The circle of magic that usually showed who was needed where had all five of their cutie marks plus rarity as it floated above the mountain city of Canterlot.

"Well, I don't know if its a good thing that the map wants us all to go. Remember the last time that happened? We got our marks stolen from us." Apple Jack pointed out.

"Its Canterlot though, not some town on the edge of Equestria. I doubt its anything malicious. The princesses would've sent for us if it was."

There was a loud burp and a flash of green flames before Spike trotted in holding a scroll.

"Message!" He announced.

Twilight nodded and took the paper using her magic.

"Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

If you are not aware there will be a birthday party in the royal gardens. You may not recall her as she dropped out early from my academy but the party is for a unicorn named Evening Dream. She is a very shy pony and she is having doubts about having said party. I ask as a personal favor that you and all of your friends attend. Rarity is doing her best to help with the arrangements, but she could use your help. Do come as soon as possible.

Princess Celestia."

"Evening Dream?" AppleJack asked.

"I know her...well kinda. Granny knew her Grandpa. Isn't she one of your neighbors Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy looked confused.

"I don't know any Evening Dream. My neighbor is a unicorn though. I never asked her name."

"Does she where a bow around her horn and her right forleg?"

"...Yes she does." The pegasus answered.

"That's Evening. She used to wear bandages instead of ribbons. Her horn's cracked after an accident. Her grandpa used to bring her around a lot because she lost her parents too." The farm pony explained.

Pinkie Pie gasped.

"How is there a pony in Ponyville I don't know about!"

"Because she's not social Pinkie, she's more of a mouse than Fluttershy here and that is saying something. And don't take this the wrong way, but I think she tried to avoid you as much as possible."

The party pony put her hooves to her mouth as her mane started to deflate.

"Well." The princess announced.

"I won't deny this invitation by the princess. We can go to the party and we can find and fix the friendship problem while we are there. Pack your bags girls because we're going to Canterlot."



"Come on dear...Lets get you home." Rarity sniffed, trying to stop the flow of tears.

She pulled out a handkerchief to dry her eyes and and handed it to Evening.

"It'll be okay."

Evening sniffed and took the kerchief.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry for getting upset...Grandpa always said I had my daddy's temper...But it feels good telling somepony about it."

Rarity patted her shoulder with a hoof.

"If you want me to cancel the party I will."

"...I don't know anymore...my brain is too fuddled with grief to think."

She dried her tears.

"Manehatten silk...mascara is going to stain it." The unicorn observed.

"My momma used to use dish soap and a little water to get stuff like it out of her handkerchiefs when after a night of opera."

"Really?"

Evening nodded weakly.

"...Can we sit down before I finally...."

She looked down at the street. She continued dryly,

"Right already sitting down."

Evening cleared her throat.

"I don't like parties but...If you want to throw me a birthday party at Canterlot castle...I...I accept...I need to face my fear like I did the train..."

Rarity gave her a small smile and hugged her.

"I promise that it will be the best party you've ever had. One that would make your parents proud."

Evening hugged her back. It had been ages since she had last hugged somepony. If felt good to do it again.