• Published 11th Nov 2015
  • 2,111 Views, 31 Comments

Vessel of Harmony - Ranoa- Walker of Worlds



A mysterious intruder in the vault, and a child chosen by destiny in another world. Now the fate of two worlds are tied together by a gutsy ninja.

  • ...
5
 31
 2,111

Beginning of the First Day

The next morning in the city of Canterlot broke with great relief for the ponies that lived there. The return of the Princess of Friendship had been announced the previous night by the royal sisters. With contentment two unicorns, Twilight Velvet and Night Light were eating breakfast. It had been a full week since they had been able to eat a meal without feeling concern for their missing daughter.

"I think we should go to Ponyville next week. Make sure that she is alright." Velvet suggested.

Night Light nodded,

"That would be a good idea. We hardly ever get to see Twilight these days."

A sudden knock on the door summoned Night Light from the table and to the front entry to their home. Hardly any time passed before he returned with a letter levitating beside him,

"It's a special delivery from Twilight," Velvet was relieved to hear from her daughter so soon. At least she had the decency to write with updates, unlike Shining Armor who had a tendency to wait until the last minute to share what was going on in his life. Breaking the seal on the envelope Night Light began to read,

"Dear Mother and Father,

"I am so sorry to make you two worry. This time the trip into another dimension was not planned,"

"This time?" Velvet asked.

"Don't you remember her telling us about that realm full of those creatures called humans?"

"Oh right, from when she had to get her crown back."

"Precisely, anyways," Night Light continued, "I ended up in a strange new world. Not the one I went to before, but a completely different one. There were humans there but they could do something close to magic by manipulating energy within their body.

"Well, while I was there I met this colt. No mother not in that way! I am talking a foal. I do not know how but he has both his world's power within him and Equestrian magic. Even more strange is that he has the power of the Elements of Harmony residing in him.

"Mom, dad, he was living in the worst conditions imaginable. He was treated badly for something that was out of his control and his fellow villagers called him despicable things. So, I have taken him as my own foal…"

"She what?!" Velvet exclaimed as she nudged her husband aside to read over his shoulder. When she read the section for herself the rest of the letter was disregarded as the mare charged up the stairs to her bedroom. Night Light soon followed to find his wife throwing stuff together into a suit case.

"I guess that trip to Ponyville just jumped up in priority.

Meanwhile back at the castle of friendship Twilight was having breakfast with Naruto, and going over the day's itinerary with Spike.

"Alright, letter to my parents was sent out earlier today so that is done. We also are going to go by Rarity's shop to see if we can't get Naruto outfitted with some new clothes; then to the book store to pick up some story books. Also on that priority list is to go to the school house and talk to Miss Cheerilee about getting Naruto in school next year."

"Why are you waiting so long Twilight? Shouldn't he get involved as soon as he can?"

"Spike, I am not going to throw Naruto into school when he knows very little about Equestira. I am also waiting a year to help him learn how to read Equestrian. We may have many things in common between our worlds but the language he was taught to write in is not one of them. If he is going to survive in both worlds than he needs to be able to read write both ours and his native language."

"Fair enough. One more thing on your list for tomorrow: Visit from PC and SS. Twilight does that mean…"

"Oh dear, that's right! I have Sunset Shimmer and Princess Celestia coming for tea tomorrow! Spike, can I count on…"

"I'll work on it while you're shopping with Naruto."

"Thank you Spike, you are a life saver."

Both native Equestrians looked at Naruto who was fervently digging into a plate full of pancakes.

"Naruto, slow down! If you eat too fast you will make yourself sick!" Twilight reprimanded. Naruto immediately stopped and hung his head in shame,

"Sorry mama." Twilight's heart melted at his pathetic sad face. With a gentle hoof she raised his head,

"Hey, it's too early for sad faces. I'm only worried that you will be too sick for all the things that we are supposed to do today." Naruto nodded,

"Alright, I understand mama." With a kind smile Twilight kissed his forehead, which got a giggle out of the young blond human and a groan from the dragon. The door to the dining room opened up to show a familiar cyan Pegasus,

"Hey Twilight, hey Spike, hello squirt." Rainbow Dash greeted.

"Good morning Auntie Rainbow Dash, what brings you here this early?" Naruto asked eagerly. The boy got down from his place at the table and bolted over to give his winged aunt a hug,

"I had early morning weather team today." The mare replied with a groan, but she still returned the affection that her new nephew showed her, "So to brighten my morning I thought I'd come and see how my little nephew was doing."

"That was nice of you Rainbow Dash. Would you like a bit of breakfast?" Twilight offered.

Needing no further encouragement Rainbow Dash somehow made it over to the table carrying Naruto in a hug and took a seat, her eyes looking hungrily at the spread on the table. So breakfast resumed with a Pegasus joining in the meal.

The family plus Rainbow took this time to talk a bit about what Rainbow Dash did for the town. He found it fascinating that the ponies in Equestria were in charge of making sure the weather happened. Rainbow Dash even promised to take Naruto up to Cloudsdale one day to show him around the weather factory. Twilight made the duo that seemed to feed off of each other's need for all things awesome promise that before they tried going to the weather center that they made sure that the cloud walking spell worked for Naruto.

After the human and ponies were finished with breakfast Spike cleared the plates. The mares with human in tow proceeded to the town of Ponyville.

"So what's the first stop?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Rarity's boutique; she should have the skills to make clothes for a nonpony body." Rainbow's eyes widened in fear,

"I just remembered, I've got a lot to do at home; um, late summer cleaning. Later Squirt!" With that Rainbow was off like a shot, leaving a rainbow trail behind her.

"Why didn't Rainbow want to go to Auntie Rarity's shop?" Naruto asked from beside Twilight. The alicorn laughed at the memory,

"You see Naruto; a couple weeks ago Rainbow Dash was practicing some new tricks when she lost control. Rainbow ran into Rarity while she was trying out a new dress and ruined the gown she was wearing. Rarity swore that if Rainbow Dash ever stepped into her shop she would use your athletic aunt as a model for a new line of dresses. Rainbow Dash has done everything she can to avoid the boutique ever since."

Naruto laughed at his aunt's expense. The laugh only got louder when he thought of the ever active Rainbow Dash being used as a fashion model. His laughter brought his gaze up to the clouds above him, more specifically the occasional Pegasus that flew by. Deep within his heart a yearning awoke, he wanted to fly.

"Naruto, what's wrong?" Twilight asked, taking notice of the way his laugh tapered off, not at all like his usual laughter. Deciding to be honest Naruto responded,

"Mama, do you think that I'll ever be able to fly one day?" This caught twilight by surprise,

"What do you mean sweetie?"

"Well I, um…" Then he pointed up at the Pegasi, "I feel like I belong up there with them."

Twilight thought hard on the subject then nodded to herself.

"Well, I don't know if you will be able to every fly on your own but I will definitely take you flying soon." Of all the things that Twilight had planned to do with Naruto she had hardly ever considered flying as one of the things to do. Certainly wasn't an option in Konoha, too many potential security risks. Here though was another story.

Their journey came to an end inside Rarity's elegant shop. Already the white unicorn was hard at work at an extravagant dress.

"One moment, I'm in the zone, as it were." Rarity said not even looking back at who it was that just walked into her shop. With a quick flourish with her needle she attached the last threaded gem in place.

"Now, what can I do for," She then caught sight of her best friend and her son, "Oh Twilight! Good morning." Rarity then came over and gave the little human a hug, "And good morning to you as well darling."

"Good morning Rarity." Twilight responded.

"I take it that the little darling here is here for a new wardrobe?"

"If you have the time," Twilight clarified.

"Oh of course I have time. Now," Rarity summoned a measuring tape over to her and with fire in her eyes that scared the child she said, "Let's get to work."

The next half an hour were the hardest for Naruto's active young mind and body, he was forced to stand still as Rarity took measurements, asked questions about preference, and held different color swatches up to him. Soon she was in her back room toiling away on the new attire for the boy. While they waited for the prototype of Rarity's 'Biped Line of Fine Fashion,' Twilight started giving Naruto his first magic theory lesson. Just as they started to get to a practical portion Rarity came back with a set of colored T-shirts and pants. Naruto was then forced the try them on and model for his creative aunt and mother. The fashionista made notes and asked questions on how the clothes fit. After the hassle of standing there buffering the storm of questions Naruto left the store grateful to his aunt for the nicest clothes that he had ever had.

The book store was put on hold until after a visit to the school house. As they got closer to the school the duo became aware of the sound of laughing and the raised voices of foals.

"Oh, it must be recess." Twilight observed.

"What's recess?" Naruto asked from where he sat on her back.

"Recess is a time during the day when children are allowed to go outside and play. It's a great time to make friends."

"Did you make a lot of friends when you were a kid mama?"

Naruto could see Twilight's face fall,

"Well, when I was a filly I wasn't good at making friends. I really didn't know how important friends were back then. I had my older brother, Cadence, my parents, Spike, and a few others; but back then I was more interested in my books and learning than I was in making friends. It wasn't until I came to Ponyville that I actually learned how important it is to have friends." Twilight became very serious and looked back at Naruto,

"Naruto, can you promise me something?"

"What is it?"

"Never pass up on an opportunity to make a true friend. While learning and books are good if you don't have friends then life is empty. The worse thing about it is that you don't even realize that you are hurting inside. So please Naruto, don't make the same mistakes that your mother made. Make friends and become a well-rounded person."

Naruto was surprised by Twilight's request. He heard her story about the Summer Sun festival of years past when she first came to Ponyville, but he didn't know that she had almost discounted friendship when she was younger. The little human leaned in and hugged his mother's neck,

"I promise mama. I promise that I will never pass on an opportunity to make a true friend. And Naruto Uzumaki never breaks his promises."

Twilight fought back a tear of pride. She knew that she had nothing to worry about for her son's future. He was going to be a great man and a great son. She leaned back into the hug Naruto was giving her and lightly muzzled him the best she could from that angle. The two finally broke and shaking tears from their eyes they resumed their journey to the school.

When the school came into perfect view so did the source of the cacophony. Some of the foals were running around playing tag where others were enjoying a play set. It really looked fun but Naruto was also scared. The kids back in the village never let him play with them, nor did their parents. He hoped, no, he silently pleaded to whatever divinities might exist in Equestria that he might have a chance here.

At the Princess' approach the playing foals all paused and looked at her. A moment of silence followed, until,

"Princess Twilight!" Then it was pandemonium as the fillies and colts rushed in and crowded the lavender alicorn. She was peppered with questions and invitations to play until a commanding voice from behind the mob sounded,

"Alright everypony back up." The young ponies split up allowing the teacher Ms. Cheerilee to pass through.

"Good morning Princess, what can we do for you this morning?" The kind school teacher asked.

"Well, I wanted to speak to you about getting my foal Naruto," Twilight motioned to her passenger, "Enrolled here starting next year." With a smile the teacher responded,

"Of course! Why don't we leave the foals to get to know each other while we work out the details?"

Twilight got down low to let Naruto off,

"Will you be fine for a while honey?" Twilight asked the blond. To be honest he would rather stay with Twilight where he knew it was safe, but he remembered the promise he just made and his own desires to make friends,

"I think I'll be fine." He responded, getting a hug of encouragement in response.

"This may take the whole of recess. Be good!" Twilight said as she trotted after the older teacher.

The crowd of ponies stood in silence looking at the nervous human. One could hear the imaginary clock tick; that is until a colt wearing a stylish black hood that hid most of his body but left a cheery dark blue face plain to all the world,

"Hi there, my name's Midnight Crescendo. What's your name?" Gathering up his courage Naruto responded,

"My name is Naruto Uzumaki. My adopted mother is Twilight Sparkle. I am a human." Midnight grinned at this,

"Finally, it's nice to finally get some more non ponies around here."

"What do you…" Midnight reached up and pulled down the hood and Naruto's eyes went wide. Instead of regular pony ears these ears were aimed more like a human's and angled to a fine point,

"You see, I'm a siren. We are a different race that inhabits Equestria. My species is able to use different forms of music and sound to channel magical abilities. My family primarily uses our voices."

"That's pretty cool." From that first introduction the colts and fillies were no longer nervous about this human in front of them; and any anxiety that Naruto felt melted away as well. Soon enough the assembled adorable mob was showing Naruto how to use the play equipment and how to play different games.

It seemed all too soon when Twilight and Miss Cheerilee exited the school house, a bundle of registration papers tucked into Twilight's saddle bag and called out to her child,

"All right Naruto, we have to go." The foals plus human let out a collective groan of disappointment. It was then that one of the fillies approached the adults and asked very sweetly,

"Um Princess Twilight, would it be alright if Naruto came back to play soon?" The big pleading eyes of the little filly tore Twilight's heart apart. Then she made the 'mistake' of looking at her son, surrounded by the foals and for the umpteenth time since she first met Naruto her heart broke a little. Only his first full day here and in the space of a half hour he had made more than a dozen new friends.

Looking over at the teacher, Twilight asked,

"Do you mind if we came back during recess another day Miss Cheerilee?"

The teaching mare surveyed the scene and nodded,

"I have no problem with it." A cheer came up through the young assembly. After a moment of jubilation Twilight collected Naruto and levitated him securely onto her back. With a last few good byes to Naruto's new friends the two headed back into the main part of town.

"So Naruto, did you make lots of new friends today?"

"Oh ya I did mama!" He then proceeded to recount all the colts and fillies that he had met during that brief recess period and the games they had played. Twilight was so proud of him she made a mental note to pick something special up for him next time she traveled to the Elemental Nations.

The two's talk was suddenly interrupted by a loud blaring whistle.

"What was that?" Naruto asked.

"That was the Friendship Express. It sounds like it is getting ready to pull into Ponyville station. Would you like to go watch?" Naruto had expressed some interest in trains when they were still in the Hidden Leaf so he was a little eager to see one on action. So with a quick trot Twilight got the two of them to the station in time for the train to arrive.

Naruto quivered in awe at the mechanical monstrosity that was still warm and inviting. He was pulled from his musings of the train when his mother suddenly exclaimed,

"Mom?! Dad?!"

Author's Note:

Hello all,
So yes this is the first time that I have addressed the readers here on FimFiction. It's just that I was having a greater response to this story on Fanfiction that I devoted my time and efforts there. This included the requesting of OCs to be included in Naruto's life.
Crescendo Midnight was loaned to me by WriterPON3 from the story The Littlest Siren.
I have just about enough characters to make this story work, however, until the time I submit the next chapter I will consider any more that are submitted to me via Personal Message. This includes all pony types (though I could really use an Earth Pony), Non-Ponies, and reasonable Hybrids.
That's all for now, don't forget to Read, Review, and Redistribute.
Ranoa- Walker of Worlds