• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 3,360 Views, 42 Comments

Forgotten Soldier; Wrong War - rocketlvr



A marine attempts to clear an Iraqi house but is sucked in to a portal bringing him to Equestria.

  • ...
15
 42
 3,360

Seeds of Disharmony

Night had fallen in the nearby city of Trottingham. An older red pony with a maroon mane was walking through town. His cutie mark was a light bulb which fit his job as an electrician perfectly. He was doing his rounds ensuring all the street lights were functioning properly. He put up his ladder and grunted as he heaved himself up to the nearest burnt out streetlight and began talking to himself as he changed the bulb "Darned lights can't stay lit for more than a week. Stinking mayor dosen't want to increase the darned budget. I shouldn't even be here; I was gonna go to the Canterlot academy and get a degree as an electrical engineer. Stupid Glowing Days, he's the only reason I didn't get in, his father knew Celestia, that jerk. It shoulda been ME in that college not him. If I ever see Celestia I'll-"

"Excuse me sir?"

The red stallion was snapped out of his thoughts as he looked down his ladder at a grey pony with a pair of dice as his cutie mark. "I couldn't help but over hear you talking" The electrician blushed as he started speak with an embarrassed stutter "Oh uh-I didn't mean that, you see uh, um I-"

"not to worry my good sir I share a similar feeling"
"You do? I-I mean what feeling I didn't say anything bad"
"Come now, I heard what you said, and I know how you feel, I too was betrayed by the Princess"
The red pony was suspicious of the grey stallion, something seemed off as he continued talking "You see I had a great plan for ALL of Equestria. It'd make it more exciting, more food than any pony could imagine, but once I proposed my plan to the princess she had me thrown of her hall"
"you're kidding, I don't believe you, Celestia may be a jerk but she isn't that cruel"
"You've probably seen part of my plan do you remember about a year ago when it started raining chocolate milk from cotton candy clouds? I was-"
"Wait a second" the red earth pony interrupted "Chocolate rain?, cotton candy clouds?" he started to look panicked "you're... you're Discord! buck this, I'm getting out of here!" He jumped off the ladder and started galloping away. The grey stallion watched him gallop off "well this petition for chocolate water slides isn't doing too well"

*********************************

Discord teleported into an alley too see a red stallion run by screaming "HE'S HERE!" out into the night. "What's his problem?" he thought. "Never mind, time to start some chaos!". In a puff of smoke he turned himself into a dark blue pegasus with a purple mane. The only feature he retained from his true form was his one sharpened tooth. He trotted out of the alley and down the street until he came across a grey pony with a pair of dice for a cutie mark. It approached him with an eager smile on his face "Hiya there stranger, I haven't seen you in town! might I interest you in signing this petition? It's for replacing these boring dirt roads with chocolate water slides! so far I have no signatures, care to be the first to sign it?"

"I say that is a wonderful idea! I'll sign it right now, may I borrow a pen?" The grey earth pony beamed at the pegasus, it had been his first signature all day. "Absolutely! here ya go" he passed him a pen as well as as a clipboard which he took with a "Thank you", scrawled on it and handed it back. "Thanks ummm..." he glanced down at the petition "Discord" he stood there for a second beaming until he realized with a shock "Discord?! What the-"
The blue pegasus stared into his eyes deeply with a twisted grin. The grey pony's eyes began swirling and continued to do so for a few seconds until Discord evaporated with a poof. The grey pony sat there in the middle of the street staring blankly into the darkness with only one thought in his mind "Destroy Celestia"

Meanwhile a certain purple maned pegasus was flying over Trottingham. He was laughing as he flew. "Geez I'll never forget the look on his face" he laughed for a short while and then went quiet with an almost serious expression albeit for a slight grin. There were so many ponies in this town to corrupt and he had to finish by morning.