• Published 10th Oct 2015
  • 508 Views, 0 Comments

Venricks new life in Equestria. - Storm



After Twilights spell gone wrong, Venrick has been transported to Equestria. Now he has to adapt to his new life but for how long.

  • ...
 0
 508

Chapter 2

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCHIAVqVKyA This is to listen to for the first two paragraphs)

"Am I...dead?"
Venrick said while drifting in a black abyss, still wearing his LARP gear. His voice echoed as if he was in a cave. His eyes stared up into the black nothing and his things floated next to him. His body felt numb, painless, and somewhat blissful. He felt completely relaxed and not afraid of his situation. A sound of a chime rang throughout the abyss as a small star appeared in his field of view, his body tensed as he saw it. Another chime that came with another star and then more and more little stars started to appear all around him as he felt like he was in space floating in the eternal expansion of the universe. he blinked his eyes and when he opened them he was standing up on a white floor that radiated a white glow with his things piled up next to him with the bag on the bottom, quilt, board, and hat. In front of him was his friends Steve, Alex, and Ivan, but...they were faded as if they were ghosts. Steven spoke up.
"Hey Venrick, let's go out and walk around Surfers. I'll get ya lunch."
Then Alex, "Hey babe, introduce me to that guy over there. He seems cute."
Lastly, Ivan. "Hey bro, Even though we aren't blood-related, to me you are a brother."
Tears swelled up in Venrick's eyes as he saw them all standing there with smiles on their faces and looking at him. "God....damnit.." He fell to his knees and started crying and put one hand into a fist and started punching the white floor harder and harder with each punch until he felt exhausted and yelled in frustration. He fell to the ground and whimpered softly.
"Is this what the rest of my eternity is going to be, Seeing the friends I can never see again?" He closed his eyes again tightly and kept whimpering on the ground.


"What are thou creature?"
A voice echoed as a dark mist approached Venrick, Venrick shot up and took a couple steps back from the mist in horror.
"A..human...what in thy world is a human doing here." the voice had a curious tone to it.
"your kind was wiped out from this world a long time ago, how could thy be alive!"
Venrick held his ground "what are you, and what do you mean the only one left?"
The mist cleared and what stood before him made his jaw drop. A tall pony that came to his neck stood 10 feet away from him but it had a horn, wings, and its mane and tail were made of a dark blue mist that had stars in it. She wore a crown, chest guard and what he assumed were the equivalent of glass shoes.
"Thou kind has been dead for more than two thousand years, we were surely confident that no human still existed." The pony looked at Venrick's friends that were standing there smiling at him as is nothing is happening. "are thou humans thy friends?"
"y-yes...they were my friends before..well, this." He threw his arms up to show the night sky with stars and the white floor.
The pony looked around the sky and smiled softly "Does thou adore the night sky?"
"um...I guess, why do you ask?"
"well, thou are dreaming of this place." the pony raised a hoof to the sky
"D-Dreaming? How could I be dreaming, I'm dead. I pushed my friend out of the way and got hit by that thing and died!" Raising his voice and walking up to the pony and stopping three feet away from her.
"Thou is still very much alive, you see. We come into the dreams of ponies that needs guidance and help them...but, for some reason thy was able to come into thou dream. For thou mind was begin to be helped and guided so thy came to help. It is strange that we were able to come into thou mind, this is very strange indeed."
Venrick looked down with eyes wide in horror and his knees began to shake, his gauntlets rattle as his hands also shook.
"I'm..still alive? This is a dream? I've got to wake up, I need to wake up so I can show everyone I'm alive!" Venrick proceeded to punch himself in the face and tried as hard as he could to wake up but no matter how hard he tried he could not wake up. The pony watched with a confused look.
"Are thou saying there are more humans in this world?"
"We live all over the world. We have cities and towns. I'm from Australia in a city called Brisbane. now will you excuse me, I have to wake up" Venrick explained while trying as much as he could to wake up.
"I see, We have not heard of Brisbane, but we are fully aware of Ausneighlia. We shall wake thee so thy shall tell friends thou is alive." Her horn began to glow a bright white as her wings extended out and began the ascent into the air. Her horn glowed brighter and bright until it was blinding. Venrick covered his face and realised what she said.
"wait...Ausneighlia?"


Venrick was laying on the ground on a dirt path. it was night time and grasshoppers could be heard in the background along with an owl hooting. Venrick twitched his hand and his nose as he could smell Apples nearby. He open his eyes and saw millions of stars twinkling in the night sky and the milky way. His body felt exhausted, all his joints felt weak and he felt cold steel on his forearm, legs hands, chest and his warm breath on his face, but felt the warmth as his poncho was keeping him warm and he realised, He was still wearing his LARP gear. "That... was a weird dream.. need... to get up.," he thought to himself, he attempted to roll onto his side a couple of times before succeeding and fell onto his front. he struggled to push himself up and put a knee under him and pushed up making him kneel on one knee and put an arm on it to keep him stable, he breathed heavily as he used all his energy to get himself off the ground. He looked around as he was trying to get air into his lungs and regain his strength, he saw lights in the distance and houses but also two houses off in the distance on top of hills next to the apple trees. "a...apple farm..wait, where the hell am I?" he thought to himself. He looked to his right and saw his stuff scattered about in a grassy field and a small stream with mountains in the background and there he saw the moon.it was like his but, had an outline of a unicorn that seemed to look down at him, staring into his eyes. He got the chills as he realised that's not what the moon usually looks like, he had enough strength to get up and stand on two legs and walk towards the stream. Lumbering towards the stream and got on his knees again and started to drink from the stream. It was ice cold but felt amazing, he drank for a good minute and he got up. He didn't feel exhausted or weak anymore, He looked around for his stuff and one by one picked them up and put them next to the dirt road. "Alright, just need to go into the town, ask where I am and call my mum were I am." When he said the word mum he realised what his mother could be feeling. scared, sad, afraid her son is missing, as well as his father and friends. "I gotta get there now," his stomach grumbled, "after I eat something first.." He opened his bag and took out a muesli bar and began to eat it, he also took out a water bottle that had stevens name on it. his heart faltered for a second before opening the bottle and began to drink from the bottle for some reason the muesli bar was dry. Now, that he had something to eat he packed up everything. he put his longboard on the ground, wrapped the quilt around his bag, put his Akubra hat on and put his foot on the board. He looked forward to the town that now had a few lights on. he pushed off and began riding his longboard to the town. "must be a small town if very few lights are on," he wondered.


He made his way to the outskirts of the town, went over a bridge and as he got closer to the houses. He realised they we not modern, but in fact, old looking like old german houses. He skated past a Carousel house that was different shades of purple and white and past some tents with diamond patterns on them. "this place is a little weird.." Venrick eventually made his way to the center of the town were a tower stood which he thought to himself, must be the town hall. Next to the town hall was a box that had a clock in it and stood on a pole that had a string with flags on them connecting to banners scattered about the town square that softly move in the wind and the water fountain with a pony on its hind legs with a smile. "Four Twenty-seven in the morning.." he thought to himself as he stared at the clock, "guess I'll wait until morning to ask around where I am." He leaned his longboard against the ground and elevated floor of the town hall, put his bag next to him and leant against the wall next to his longboard. He lowered his hat and opened his bag to take out his phone. he held the power button and realised that it was dead. he pulled out the solar charger and plugged it in. "I'm so glad I bought this when I started LARP, now just need to wait until the sun rises.." He placed it next to him, he put his left leg laying on the ground, his right leg up, relaxed and went to sleep.


He did not dream, darkness only filled his mind while he slept and hours passed. as he came out of his slumber, he felt a nudge to his foot, another, and another.
"What is it?"
"That can't be what Lyra has been talking about, it can't be."
"I told you humans existed! Here's one right in front of us!"
"I'd say stand back, it might be dangerous."
Venrick open his eyes but did not move "what the hell is going on?" he thought. He looked at his foot that was being nudged by a...pink hoof? He could not see the face of the pink pony that was nudging him, but he could see a crowd of pastel colored ponies with pictures on the rumps and what looks to be stallions around him. "ok, what the hell is definitely going on...I need to be calm about this." He kept looking at the different ponies that surrounded him, he could not see faces but only their bodies, he could see wings on some of them.
"somepony get Twilight, she might know what it is."
"I keep telling you, it's a human!"
"Lyra, calm down, how are you sure it is one of these...humans"
"I've read about them when I was a filly and about their culture, it's body and armor fit the drawings I've seen!"
A pony began to run away to get this Twilight pony, he had to play his cards right or else he does not know what will these ponies do to him...but, wait a minute, if he could guess the height of these ponies, they are no bigger then at least his hip and the stallions come up to his chest. "I might be able to get away, need to reach for my longboard and I will be able to get out of here.." He looked over to his board. it was on the ground on top of his bag that still had the quilt wrapped around it and his phone was right next to his hand, the screen had a green battery indicating it was fully charged. "great, just need to find a escape route, think it will be fight or flight when I stand up..guess I just have to wing it." Venrick counted down in his head, he was about to make a dash for it as the ponies still talked amongst themselves. three, two, one.


To Venrick, everything went slow motion. He lifted his hat up so he can see the face of the pony in front of him, she had violet hair with a light pink streak through her hair, a horn, and had three diamonds on her backside, she jumped back with a surprised expression, his eyes met with her pink iris eyes He grabbed his phone and launched himself to his longboard and bag, he grabbed his bag and stood up, towering over the ponies. The ponies cried out as he moved in a mix of emotions as some were running away in terror while some watched with either fear or awe that the human moved. he threw his bag over his head and shoulder, he put his foot on his longboard.
"see! see!! That's a human! They are real," a mint green pony with a Lyra on her rump said jumping up and down with joy.
Venrick saw an ally he could skate through to lose the crowd, leant down ready to push off his longboard. some of the ponies saw where he was going to go and got out of the way as he pushed a couple of times on his board picking up speed, Venrick opened his mouth and spoke.
"GET OUT OF MY WAY!"


He dashed to the ally way and went through it, dodging crates and bins that obstruct the path. He exited the ally and found he was in the main road were more ponies were walking with saddles carrying food and some behind stall saw Venrick exit on the board. "Take a right," he thought and pushed hard to gain more speed after turning right, just barely missing a blue pony with light blue and white hair that had a horn. he was picking up a lot of speed as he started going down a small slope. There was a crowd of ponies that saw Venrick and panicked, running all over the place, he could not find an opening as he was heading towards the panicking ponies but saw a wagon laying backwards and the poles sticking up. He steered towards the wagon and got low to the ground, hitting the wagon perfectly and jumped it. he flew above the ponies were some watched as he basically flew in the air, he landed 5 feet from where he jumped and cleared the ponies. An intersection was coming up, "left," he thought, turning into the intersection, but that was a mistake. A big crystal tree that had a purple and blue crystal castle in it stood a good 200 yards in front of him, "damn, I've run into the towns....castle?" stunned and awed at the glistening castle before him, he did not see the little pothole in front of him, he hit it, making him fall forward and spin, landing on his back and hitting his head against the ground, knocking himself out. As he was losing conscience, he heard a group of ponies running up to him and out of breath, he saw an orange, yellow, and brown haze come into view accompanied by a white and purple haze.
"Looks like he fell off." one of the ponies said with a southern accent
"Well at least he is not causing any more havoc in town, and where is Twilight? Didn't that Stallion get her?" the other said in a British accent.
"Ah reckon she'll be here in any moment, for now, ah think we should get him inside da castle so he could rest up."
The voices ground out to muffling and his vision went dark, he was now conscience.
"Well, of to sleep again.." Was the last thing the thought to himself as the darkness embraced him and drifted to sleep.

Author's Note:

I do not own the song, it belongs to it's respectful owners. I recommend giving it a watch, really funny.

Took about 4 days to write but paid off. I really enjoyed writing this and hope you enjoyed reading it.

See you in the next chapter. :ajsmug: