• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 1,117 Views, 8 Comments

Judge Dash: Mutants in Mega-Canterlot One. - Star-fire



Based on the 2000AD character Judge Dreed, this story is about Judge Dashes many "cases".

  • ...
4
 8
 1,117

Chapter 2: Hospital Visit

"Shot sixteen times - body like a sieve - but's she's still in there fighting. You've got to admire her." said the doctor

"Yeah, I suppose." grunted Dash. The doctor was righ, thought Dash... her body was like a sieve!

It was all over the news: "The city's favorite Judge, who sacrificed herself so bravely to save her wounded partner. Sixteen shots struck home, severing bone, ripping vital organs, but STILL Luna fought on...

"This is Flim and Flam with breaking news."
"That's right Flim, we have just heard that Judge Luna is out of surgery, she is out of surgery folks."
"Taht's right Flam, she is very weak and under heavy sedation. The next few hours will be critical."

That night, Cantorlot caught fire...
The city's favorite Judge lay dying and beyond her hospital walls an explosion of rage threathened to overwhelm the forces of Justice. No mutant was safe.

Judge Dash was patrolling the streets the following morning, when Chief Judge Celestia came out onto her balcony:
"Under the circumstances, the election for Chief Judge will be postponed. Our thoughts are with Judge Luna. Let me say this Cantorlot: No one would deplore the criminal actions taking place on our streets more than Judge Luna. She would not tolerate them. Nor will I." With that Celestia returned to her office, accompanied by a mixed crowd reaction. Celestia, thought Dash, taking like a loser. She wouldn't realise it, but Dash did. She couldn't blame her, if Luna survives, what chance did she have?

Celestia had ordered Dash to pay Luna a visit, as much as she didn't want to. There was only one place she belonged: on the streets. She wished she had never got into this whole mutant business; leave the politics to the politicians... leave the Justice to the Judges.

"Her condition is still critical." said one of the doctors, "But she is strong. Futher surgery will be required of course, but we believe she will make a full recovery."

Dash asked: "Has she been informed about Jack?"

"Yes." replied the doctor.

"Sorry about your partner, Luna." grumbled Dash.

"They... they said they were... mu... mutants..." croaked Luna.

"I've placed watch on every entrance and every floor. There's a strong possibility somepony will try and finish the job. With your whereabouts broadcast twenty-four hours a day, you aren't the hardest target to find."

"Rainbow..." began Luna. "I hope I can call you Rainbow..."

"I'd prefer it if you didn't." retorted Dash.

"I'm not against you, or celestia. I'm doing what I think is right. I... hope you can appreciate that."

"You're being manipulated, Luna. You've been manipulated all your career and now they're doing it to you again. You're a good Judge I don't doubt that. You think you're doing what's right, but behind you somepony's pulling the strings. What happens when they've got what they want? What happens when you've kicked out every last mutant? What happens when you've got rid of the best Chief Judge we've ever had?"

"Suh... somepony had to... to make a stand. It's... this mutant thing. Can't you see you've got it... wrong." replied Luna.

"It's not wrong, Luna, It's hard!" roared Dash. "There's a difference. What's wrong is injustice and I can see a big wave of it coming." With that, Dash turned on her hooves and left, stopping outside the door. Two Judges were standing guard. "No-pony gets in except verified medical staff. No-pony ever in with her alone, and that includes medics." she told them.

As Dash was walking out, one of the Judges turned to the other: "Wonder if she can see the irony?" he asked. "Double-protecting the one pony that's going to kick Celestia's ass out of office, and her with her."

"Dash doesn't DO irony. Plus Luna wouldn't have the guts to kick Dash out: She is the mother of Justice; SHE IS THE LAW!"