• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 275 Views, 0 Comments

The Moon and the Star - Ashura



Luna feels lonely during the long nights she must watch over. One night, she meets a young filly by the name of Star, a filly not quite like the others.

  • ...
 0
 275

Prologue

Author's Note:

Hi there! :twilightsmile:
I'm currently in the process of re-writing this story so that it can be a bit more interesting and better written. It's my first FIM Fanfic so it's not very well written. You can read it (I can't stop you :raritywink:) just know that it could use some work. :twilightoops:
If you decide to read it anyway, I hope you can still enjoy it despite the not so good writting. :applejackunsure:

Prologue:

“So... Is it them? Are they the ones?” asked a pony in robes.

“Yes, I believe it is them." said another similarly clad pony. "It was said that two alicorn sisters, one as bright as day and one as dark as night, would overthrow Discord and bring harmony to Equestria. They are exactly what was described to us by our forefathers, shortly after Discord took over Equestria or as it use to be known... Ponyland.”

“Don't listen to him!" a pony suddenly interrupted. "Of course it's not them! It can't be! We've been waiting for these supposed princesses for generations! Why should they show up now?”

“It seems that you have lost faith Brother Hooves.”

“So what if I have, Pine? If these two alicorns defeat Discord, I'll cross my eyes so hard it'll become an affliction that will curse all of my descendants.” said Brother Hooves.

"I would not say such things if I were you." said Pine with a grin "While Fate may be incredibly just and strives towards bringing balance, it also has a very peculiar sense of humor... Never tempt Fate, my friend."

Hooves' expression went from annoyance to slight panic.

"Can I take back what I said?" he asked, the worry very evident in his tone.

"You can try." said Pine,trying not to laugh at his friend's discomfort.

26 years later

“It's time for the both of you to go and do what we have been trying to prepare you for. You must overthrow Discord and become the Princesses of Equestria. You shall rule together. Now that you have found the elements of Harmony, defeating this creature of chaos should not be too difficult. Now go... You do not have much time, Discord could notice the presence of the Elements at any time”. explained the pony.

“Good luck. You're going to need it... If you want to escape with your lives.” said Brother Hooves.

“Pay no attention to Brother Hooves, I am certain that you will succeed.” he retorted, casting an angry glare at the pony in question.

Celestia and Luna headed for the exit of the small house that was the size of a Cathedral on the inside due to Discords tampering, nopony that lived there was particularly upset about it. As they left, they heard a pony with an hourglass for a cutie mark say:

“Hmm...it's bigger on the inside. Maybe I'll try that some day.”

They arrived at edge of the Everfree Forest, where Discord had decided to stay. They truly had reached the center of all chaos in Equestria.

They saw ponies performing a strange dance on their front hooves and singing a song that seemed to be dedicated to Discord. They saw Dragons hopping around like bunnies and bunnies soaring through the sky spitting fire. They even saw rectangular holes in the sky of various sizes, where strange creatures with no hooves but something else that the two sisters couldn't name, just watched the events unfold with interest. They marched forward, preparing themselves in case something more dangerous then bunnies or dragons decided to attack. A voice sounded from behind them.

“Oh oh, this is so much fun! How about a game of pin the tail on the pony?” Discord lifts a tail that looked suspiciously like Celestia's.

Celestia turned around and noticed that her tail was missing. She turned to face Discord, anger etched across her face.

“Playtime is over for you Discord!” she exclaimed.

“Oh, I doubt that. Hungry?” he extended a bag of seeds towards Celestia and Luna, they both give Discord blank stares.

“Suit yourselves.” He stuffed a claw full of seeds in his mouth with delight.

Celestia and Luna removed the Elements of Harmony from their saddlebags and placed them in a semi-circle, hovering in front of the two sisters.

“Ooh... What have you got there?” askedu Discord.

“The Elements of Harmony.” responded Celestia.

The Elements of Harmony started to rotate at high speed, encasing the two Princesses in a protective sphere of magic.

“With them, we shall defeat you!” cried Luna.

Discord laughed. “You should see yourselves right now. The expressions on your face, so intense, so sure of yourselves. Ahahah.”

Celestia and Luna crossed their horns to unite the Elements of Harmony's power. As a rainbow shot into the sky and headed towards Discord, a group of four ponies strangely dressed all shouted out at the same time:

"DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!"

Discord,who was too busy laughing at the duo to take notice of the danger he was facing, just stood there.

“Hilarious! Ahahahah!”

So thus was Discord, the bringer of Chaos, turned to stone in a position that made many a filly for generations to come wonder if he was singing at the time of his demise.


100 years later


Time passed rather slowly for Luna ever since she and Celestia had defeated Discord. She was glad that harmony had come to Equestria.

That things started to make sense. And she was especially glad that it wouldn't rain chocolate anymore. She had had more than enough of chocolate while Discord ruled over Equestria.

When they had started taking care of the rising of the Sun and Moon without interference from Discord. Luna was happy to perform her royal duties at first, but as time passed she realized that all the ponies preferred Celestia's day to her night. She was sad that all these ponies were missing out on the wonders that her night had to offer. Celestia had noticed that her sister was acting strange, but she decided to blame it on the sleepless nights. Finally, Celestia breached the subject.

“Are you alright Luna? You seem upset about something.”

“I'm fine...” replied Luna.

“When you say “fine”, what does that mean exactly? Because it seems that not everything is “fine” to me. And don't try to lie, you and I both now that you can't stop your ears from twitching when you lie.” warned Celestia.

“Look, it's not important. It's just that I'm getting bored. Fighting Discord was the most exciting thing that has ever happened to us!” exclaimed the bringer of the moon

“I see.” stated simply Celestia.

“It's just that once I rise the Moon, all the ponies fall asleep until you raise the Sun. Spending all these hours alone... I just wish there was somepony who didn't spend all day playing and would come out during the night.” complained Luna.

“I can't understand what that must be like. But I can try to understand how you feel. If you wish, I can stay up at night to keep you company.

Equestria means very little to me when it comes to your happiness and well-being.”

“Thank you but...no thank you. Somepony has to make the decisions. If we are both asleep, even without Discord, Equestria would fall back into chaos. I shall just have to grin and bear it.” said the youngest alicorn.

“Very well, but we shall continue this conversation tomorrow. I may not be able to keep you company but if there is one thing that the council has taught me, it's that the only way to resolve a problem is to mention it.” advised Celestia.

“I suppose you're right.” sighed Luna.

“Try not to dwell on this matter further. At least until we can talk about it more. I wish you a safe night Luna.” Celestia said as she left to go rest.

“Good night Tia.” whispered Luna.

She turned away from Celestia as she left the tower they used to watch over the land. Luna looked up at the Moon and sighed.