• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 380 Views, 2 Comments

Here's to the Prosperity of my Thoughts and my Waffles - InkyubeytorPWNZ



After being teleported to Equestria to hide the Chaos Emeralds from their arch-enemy, Pinkie Pie easily befriends all of the new arrivals - except for one.

  • ...
 2
 380

Chapter 1 ~ Moonlight

As the silhouette of Metal Sonic flew closer to the three hedgehogs, the faintest amount of hope they might have had vanished. Sonic was on the ground, a trickle of blood dribbling out of his mouth. Silver was crushed under a rock. The only noise that the near-unconscious Shadow could hear was Metal Sonic's blaster gun whirring. One eye shut tight in pain, Shadow pulled a chipped jewel from behind one of his quills. Metal Sonic laughed and snatched the green emerald out of Shadow's hand. Just before he lost contact with the emerald, the last emerald that Metal Sonic had yet to find, Shadow focused all of his strength into his fingertips, and he yelled the command with a husky voice.

"Chaos CONTROL!" He didn't know where he might be teleporting he and his friends to, but he figured that that was a good thing. As his consciousness faded, he felt triumph overwhelm him, for he had just done something he though of as quite wise.

It really wasn't wise at all.

"Pinkie, we are going to go deliver this cake to Nurse Redheart; it's her birthday! Please watch out for the children, won't you?" Mrs. Cake asked Pinkie, balancing a large box on her back. "Mr. Cake will be back soon."

"Okey Dokey Lokey!" Pinkie Pie replied cheerily, as always. As soon as the door was slammed shut, Pinkie hopped up the stairs to her beloved baby cakes' bedroom. The two youngsters were asleep in their crib. While a sweet smile remained on her face, she didn't want to wake them to play, like how she was planning to do. Seeing them, their large eyes shut, their light snores, they made a certain calmness sweep over Pinkie Pie. This delicate moment of curiosity was shattered when - CRASH! - The babies woke up and began sobbing. Instead of soothing the babies, Pinkie crept toward the window and threw open the curtains. In the midst of the magical black swirls, she saw Mr. Cake racing to the bakery, calling for his adopted daughter. Pinkie clattered downstairs and pushed the door open to let Mr. Cake in. She gasped when she saw the bruise on his right hoof.

"Are you okay?!" She yelled over the wind. It was so strong that her pink curls were going slightly flat. She was bent down to avoid being thrown away by the magical current, as was Mr. Cake. He told her he was fine and crawled into the house. Pinkie tried to close the door shut, but the wind made this hard. When Mr. Cake joined in, The door finally closed. They looked at each other for a split second, panting.

"I'm scared," Pinkie said suddenly. Mr. Cake, surprised by his daughter's openness, pulled her into a hug. This hug was interrupted when the wind blew the door off one of the hinges, sending the two ponies to the ground.

"The babies!" Mr. Cake gasped, stumbling out of the broken floorboards that he and Pinkie had fallen into. Pinkie pulled herself out of the hole and the two clambered up the stairs to ensure the children's safety. The crib had been blown to the side of the room, and Pinkie mentally hit herself for leaving the curtains open. The babies were bawling in their crib, huddling against each other. Mr. Cake ran over to them, but Pinkie was looking out the window once more. While the wind was still blowing slightly, the black swirls had faded and Pinkie could see three forms collapsed on the ground. She had to squint to see what exactly they were. Her flattened hair poofed back to it's normal state, as the wind was now completely gone. She leaned her head out the window in curiosity, then out came her front hooves, just to get a better view. Soon enough, she found herself on the roof. She leaned over and was shocked by the three hedgehogs.

She hopped off the roof like it was nothing. She had seen one of them move. The black and red one. It was struggling to stand up, and as she stepped forward to help, she caught a glimpse of it's red eyes.

"Do you need some help?" Pinkie piped. The hedgehog's head snapped towards the pink pony. His eyes blazed a fiery crimson as he pulled into a fighting stance.

"OMIGOSH!" Pinkie pie zipped past the wary hedgehog, towards the blue and white ones, who were lying on the ground. "We need to get Nurse Redheart... BUT IT'S HER BIRTHDAY! I can't let her do ANYTHING on her birthday! She hates me , anyway! Wait... MRS. CAAAAKE! Is she OKAY?! The CAKE! We worked SO hard on it! What if it's RUINED?! That would be TERRIBLE!" The hedgehog stumbled backwards in shock and annoyance. He was ready to fight this new creature, and she just suddenly started nursing his comrades... no, COWORKERS, maybe. Under the lowering sun, the black hedgehog threw the other two over his back and raced away, the wind once again flattening Pinkie Pie's curly mane.

Sonic's vision slowly began to return, and he awoke to Shadow hunched over in the shade of a nearby tree, and Silver was right next to him, idly twiddling his gloved fingers.

"Silver?" Sonic slurred, his mind still jumbled. Silver jumped a little; this faint noise startling him was a sign that he had only heard quiet for a while.

"Oh, good, you're awake," Silver replied. Sonic leaned against the tree he had been passed out on as he slowly inched his way into a standing position. Silver rose as well. He tried to help Sonic on the short journey to Shadow, but his limp was heavy. Shadow, hearing the two hedgehog's clumsy steps, turned, and said these exact words:

"I'm pretty sure that we just got transported to Happy Rainbow Land."

Sonic and Silver thought he was crazy until the rest of the story was revealed to them.

Author's Note:

I have HUGE plans for this story. If it started out iffy, I apologize, but it's pretty much impossible to make the beginning of a story like this impressive. Unless we're talking about Pinkie Promise by ShootingRainbowStar13, because it was amazing. This brings me to my main point, that I was mainly inspired by this story to do this. Of course, these two aren't at all familiar, there will be quite a bit of action in this story. I've never done anything even bordering on the subject of romance, so I hope that will turn out okay. Also, I will be adding a new tag later on in the story; if you want to know what it is, ask me in the comments. While I've explored with blood and bruises, I doubt the story will go much further than that. No gore tags! We don't like those. Oh, and what do you know? There will be Metal Sonic, SonDash, ShadowShy (is that a ship?), and Shadow Pie. Maybe also some RarityxSilver (I could not think of a pronounceable ship name if a gun was put to my head). I seriously hope you enjoy, and as always, leave a comment about your theories on where the story is going; I might incorporate them. If you did enjoy, please leave a fav! Thank you so much for reading! :pinkiehappy::yay::twilightsmile::pinkiesmile::rainbowwild::raritystarry::raritywink: