• Published 22nd Sep 2015
  • 321 Views, 0 Comments

The golden Apple - Verzeih Turncoat



The years past and Applebloom discovered that getting no cutiemark was the least of her problems. How is she dealing with her fate.

  • ...
 0
 321

the eternal filly

The little yellow body walked back to Sweet Apple Acers. It was hard for Applebloom. Her life has been a mess all the time since her foalhood - a foalhoad that have never ended. She was fourty years old but was still a small filly in body - still a blankflank. Even her niece Blossom, the daugther of Big Mac and Cheerilee, had a young baby pony on her own.
The barn has not been the same; Blossom was born, Granny Smith died, Big Mac and Cheerilee moved in together. Blossom got raised, fell in love - multiple times - and got married. Applejack had moved out and started her own business like cousin Braeburn did with Applelosa. Only Applebloom had not moved on in her life.



"Welcome home aunty", the grape color earthpony greets her in the doorway on her way to her baby-colt. Applebloom went directly into the kitchen to prepare the milk for the foal. It maybe strange for outsider to see the filly taking the responsible role, but it was nothing new for Applebloom she had raised Blossom with Cheerilee and her brother. Blossom is still getting used to be a mother. A few minutes later the young mare jumped into the kitchen in panic, only to find the bottle of milk ready on the table. "Thank you aunty. Would not know what to do with out you."

"Where is your husband? Should he not be here to help you with Arkcharm?"

"He is out with daddy in the southfield."

Applebloom trots behind her niece in the living room. On a blanket on the floor was her grand nephew a little unicorn with a meek red coat and orange mane. If it was not for the horn you might have thought it was a baby Big Mac.
Applebloom had no choice other than to smile as she saw the little colt, but back in her head she already new what is going to happen. She had gone through it with Blossom and there was no doubt it was going to be the same with Arkcharm. She would be his babysitter, his best friend, then they will go to school...

Applebloom sigh...

School. Stupid law that every blankflank had to go to school. She was older then her teacher... it was a chore before she had already knew the stuff. Now it was just an obligation. She could do so much more if she had not to attempt in there.

Blossom fed the baby. So there was nothing else to do here. Probably I should go back and talk to Twilight - Applebloom thought for a moment, but it was not necessary for her to went back into town. The alicorn had just knocked on the barndoor. The concerned look on Twilight's face hurts Applebloom deep inside.

"I don´t meant to bother you at the cutiemark vault, Applebloom", Princess Twilight talked softly, "You looked so sad. I just wanted to be there for you."

"Twi, let´s go to mah room. Ah don´t wanna talk about that down here."


Appleblooms room was tidy and organized. In a huge office cabinet next to her desk were all the documents, contracts and tax bills stored to run Sweet Apple Acres. Since Applejack was out to claim new land for the Apple family she had taken over the Ponyville business. The wall around the window was plastered with pictures of her friends and the ever-growing Cutiemark Crusaders Community. If it was not for the bed in the corner of the room you would have thought it was an office. Applebloom headed for a small table in the middle of the room with three chairs surrounding it. Twilight took the chair right to her little friend.

"I really don´t want to bother you."

"It´s all right Twilight. Ah was pretty rude back there. Would you be so kind and grap the cider with that magic of yours?"

Two cups and a bottle of hard cider flew to the table. Her room was the only place Applebloom could drink alcohol. She was a filly in body and an adult in mind, she could not be a bad influence to the foals.

"So... What was up with you?"

Applebloom took a sip before she answered: "Pettiness, Twilight! Pure pettiness. See - Ah got an invitation to Scootaloo´s wedding. Ah should be happy for her but all Ah could think about is all the things Ah am missing out."

Twilight smiled at her. "I can give you wings or the ability to walk on clouds so you can partake at her wedding in Cloudsdale."

With a roll of her orange eyes Applebloom replied: "Go figure, that is why Ah was in town."

"oh..."

"Have Ah ever told you how lucky ya are to got an Alicorn at yar age", the filly asked with tears in her eyes, "Ah want to grow. Ah want to find a coltfriend, but Ah am not attractive. Ah am an attraction. Ponies come to see the eternal filly. The original Cutiamark Crusader. If Ah would have been just a little older..." Big tears run down her face. "Why does change hate me..."