• Published 24th Sep 2015
  • 4,020 Views, 43 Comments

Twilight Sparkle and Her Unwanted Love Life - ProbableSarcasm



Of course, you know the story of The Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine, but this unofficial spin-off follows Twilight: an aromantic, smart-alec, antisocial, bookworm, as she tries to hurdle through the challenges that comes with living in Ponyville.

  • ...
28
 43
 4,020

Dawn Guard Saga |Really Bad Exposition & Knuckles| (redux)

Twilight’s Unwanted Love Life

By Condescending-Sarcasm



“This is fucking bullshit,” Rainbow Blitz states, his forelegs crossed his chest as he sits in the train cart with the rest of the ponies, or rather the Elements of Harmony. Twilight sits in hoof-cuffs, but doesn’t complain. Butterscotch holds Angel in his arms, Angel glaring at every-pony occasionally. “Twilight didn’t even go outside, how the hell could she have done anything?”

“Only time will tell, Blitz,” Twilight replies dryly, wishing for the silence to come back and save her from a discussion or whine-fest.

“Are you alright, Darling?” Elusive frets, “Did those ruffians hurt you? Is the cuffs on too tight?”

“I’ll live,” Twilight retorts, “Can I read my book in silence now?”

Although, Blitz is right. Twilight thinks, shuffling in her seat. This is rubbish. The Six are in a train, riding towards Canterlot. The train is even better than the commercial train, running on water rather than coal, the loud chug of the wheels were quieter, and the rumbling is almost nonexistent. Like in a shitty Ybox controller.

Twilight reads her book, fear not in her body for she has nothing to fear. Twilight’s been in her house for a while, there’s no possible way she could have committed a crime worthy of the Dawn Guard to be sent out.

Elusive frets over Twilight’s hooves, crying out that their either too tight or that their dirty. Applejack holds his hat over his eyes and naps, but alert. Bubble Berry was, well, being Bubble Berry.

“So, who are these ‘Dawn Guard’ fellers. Twi’?” Applejack lifts his hat, the farm-pony chews on his strand of onion weed. “They sound mighty bad.”

“Yeah!” Bubble Berry grumbles, “They wouldn’t even let me throw them a party! That’s just mean, those meanie pants are!”

“Well,” Twilight looks up from her book again, thinking for a second. Twilight looks back to Applejack and the rest of the Stallions. “Take the worst possible thing ever, the worst deepest, darkest nightmare that you can create and then combine them together…”

“…Well that’s bad,” Applejack comments.

“And then multiply it by cancer,” Twilight finishes, she loses the comedic voice and replaces it with one of seriousness. “These guys are one of the best guilds, they are sponsored by Solaris himself.”

“That’s pretty MLG,” Bubble Berry uncaps a bottle of Mountain Dew, a loud air horn blares out from the hiss of the carbonation being released. Twilight was about to question until she remembers, there’s no fighting crazy. Twilight rolls her eyes before going back into her book, reading about the Detective with hyperactive disorder who also is a serial killer.

What a good book.


It’s been a while since Solaris questioned his apprentice about the crime, about a day and a half. Twilight did not do the crime (shock), but that means one other suspect lives on. Memorial Dancer, a stallion who disappeared after the time of the murder took place.

Twilight Sparkle was named a suspect after an extensive longshot for a name to be hunted for. Twilight Sparkle was claimed to be the last person to see the victim before death. However unlikely it seems, Solaris would rather bother Twilight than be tit-for-tat.

Which means he comes up with bugger all. Solaris and Artemis sits on their throne, waiting for Twilight and her friends’ arrival to his court. Not court in a sense of investigation, Twilight was cleared of all charges, but it would be better if The Elements of Harmony were aware of the situation at hand (or hoof).

“It’s pretty straight forward, she did not kill Vigor Valance,” Solaris scratches his cheek, leaning on his pimp throne. “That only leaves one other suspect, and I’m not liking the chances of this investigation looking to be solved.”

“Why was Twilight ever a suspect, dear brother?” Artemis questions, sitting on his less than pimp-like throne. “We thought she was not even one to hurt a fly unless she’s really angry. It’s unlike her to be prone to rage.”

“That’s my fear,” Solaris answers, he turns to his younger brother with a grim look on his face. “I fear that one day, Twilight might become unstable.”

“What makes you say that?” Artemis asks. Solaris honestly didn’t have an answer for that, so he quickly scratches up a dodge to the question, if it worked or not is up to Artemis’s response.

“Whatever happened to her ear completely changed her outlook of those around her, her own kind actually,” Solaris feels uncomfortable now, wishing for the discussion to end. “Although, she’s no different than before the ear incident, but I can see it in her eyes – something I don’t like.”

Artemis blinks, “What?”

“Pain,” Solaris answers, all childlike humor drained completely from his noble voice. “I believe she feels pain, not physical or emotional, but mentally. Growing up with one ear functional and the other mangled, no one would look at Twilight and see what I see now.

They saw a damaged little lass, and the other little kiddies wouldn’t even dare go near Twilight.” Solaris continues, Artemis listening with great attention. “She didn’t grow up alone on choice, she was shunned out. Made to believe that she likes to be alone, and I don’t know if this is true, but I think she pretends to like it to NOT feel isolated.”

“Almost like me…” Artemis compares, which lead to a short nod form Solaris.

“Instead of letting it manifest, like you did, Twilight works together with it,” Solaris continues on with his very long, almost surpassing Metal Gear Solid 4 cut scene long, dialog.

“Solaris, what happened to her ear, Solaris?” Artemis asks again, his hoof pressed firmly into his chin. Again, Solaris did not have an answer to this question. The simplest thing is to completely dodge the question. “Why is her right ear mangled and her absolute silence about it?”

“I wish I knew,” Solaris looks upwards before focusing on his courtyard. Of course, Solaris knows he’s holding information from himself – information that’s buried in the crevices of his mind. “I can tell you, it had left magical burns.”

“She was attacked?” Artemis gasps. Solaris shakes his head, his head fills to the brim with even more questions than any of his educational guesses could ever answer. Solaris looks down, his greenish-blue eyes wavering as he silently vexes himself for his inability to answer the most trivial things possible – How much has Twilight truly suffered during her years of isolation? What happened to her ear? Why is does she pipe down whenever someone questions the ear?

And if she was attacked, who attacks a foal for no good reason?

“No, maybe, I hope not...” Solaris shrugs grimly, his face twists. The idea of her being purposely attacked hadn’t popped in his mind. It seems likely, but there wouldn’t be any reason to attack a filly… be mindful of how this event took place before Twilight became Solaris’s apprentice “...maybe, we’ll never know unless she truly opens up.”

“So what do we do in the mean time?” Artemis asks, but doesn’t really ask – as if he’s stating the obvious two plus two equals four to a mathematician. Solaris looks over to his brother and grins.

“We could always try working out?” Solaris says with his childlike glimmer in his eyes. Artemis rolls his eyes, a small smile pinning itself on his thin lips.

“You’ll get a hernia, fat-so,”

“Says you, Mooncake!” Solaris bickers back, playfully. Artemis catches a blush to the face, poking his own belly, it didn’t exactly jiggle but it isn’t as hard as Solaris’s abs.

(Abs, considering he pops cakes like Mentos)

“What has been said, does not leave between us,” Solaris says after a while. It was common sense for a private discussion between two rulers to remain private, however, something about this topic deemed it necessary to add the call for silence. “My worries are that of a old man looking out for his student. Any mentioning of this would only add pressure on Twilight.”

“I understand, dear brother,” Artemis places his hoof on Solaris’s hoof, Solaris doesn’t feel him however – his brother’s touch is numb to the worrying immortal. The immortal they called an unwavering god worried about the fate of a mere mortal – an apprentice that’s meant to make history. “I have another question.”

“Blimey, are you writing a book?” Solaris gives Artemis a sly smile, his eyes shining in childish humor. “Go on.”

“If the history books recall, the last apprentice you ever picked was Starswirl,” Artemis looks ahead, his brow furrows in confusion. Solaris, for the third time, drops his smile in place of masking a face of alarm. “Why pick Twilight, after centuries of Starswirl’s unfortunate passing, surely there was even more powerful unicorns.”

“…that’s a question that has no answer,” Solaris lies, “I picked Twilight Sparkle because of her potential, that’s the story and that’s the truth.”

“That was a avoidance of our question,”

“Omission,”

“—is still lying,” Artemis argues, but doesn’t raise his voice. Solaris remains quiet, making Artwmis realize he was going nowhere. “I sense a hidden meaning, but I will not pursue.”

“Sword-Striker!” Solaris calls put, his horn aura amplifying his voice like a megaphone. Sword-Striker appears in front of Solaris after entering through the front door. “Where the bloody hell is Twilight, she was supposed to be here yesterday!”

“Milord,” Sword-Striker is a mare, unlike the preceding presidents of the Dawn Guard Guild who were male. Sword-Striker wears her armor, which is a metal plated armor over leather–covered chainmail. Sword-Striker’s horn was chipped off, a nub, rendering magic useless. Despite the injury, Sword-Striker seems to take care of her hygiene and doesn’t have a trace of scars on her face. She holds her helmet to her side, her sword in her sheathe, she bows to Solaris and Artemis, her blonde mane hangs over her green eyes. “Lord Twilight has been questioned, however, it is recommended she remains in custody overnight.”

“I dispute,” Artemis leans up, irritation filling his face. “I shouldn’t be here, I have nightfall to prepare for, not wasting my time for Twilight to arrive and be left in the dark about it.”

“Our guild took a vote, milord, to let Twilight stay in a cell overnight incase of conviction,” Sword-Striker replies with tact. Artemis seems unpleasant with this answer, but a look from Solaris cancels his reply. “It was unanimous.”

“I don’t want to be serious, but I have to today,” Solaris raises his hoof, allowing Sword-Striker at rest. “That was not your task, President Sword-Striker. Please explain why a vote was held to keep a innocent pony in captivity in the first place.”

“You see, milord, whilst Ms. Sparkle came willingly,” Sword-Strike’s bearing is phenomenally textbook, no eye contact, replying with ‘milord’ instead of ‘Prince’. “Mr. Rainbow Blitz challenged Vortex, we were not aware of The Elements of Harmony and their status.”

“Sounds like Rainbow Blitz,” Solaris chuckles. “President Sword-Striker, Twilight Sparkle and her company are to be released from your custody. Today.”

Sword-Striker hesitates, but answers firmly. “Yes, milord.”

“Good,” Solaris smiles warmly, “I appreciate you looking out for my safety, however, it will not be unrewarded.”

“Thank you, milord,” Sword-Striker bows once again before turning around and marching out. Either anger or hesitancy controls her steps, her march is off balance. Solaris makes a mental note of it, even though it may mean nothing – it’s probably not even important.


Twilight stares in the mirror, not at the mirror, her ear. The mangled ear taunts her, the paralysis of the ear only makes it more painful for it to be there. Was it pain? It feels more uncomfortable, some feelings weren’t meant to be explained or expressed. The ear splits in three, stitches holding the ear together to prevent the pieces from splitting apart like a banana. Inside of the damaged ear was dried blood, this blood didn’t block any audio however as it only clung to the sides of the ear.

The ear, from the mirror, is covered by Twilight’s mane. Twilight’s face looks uninterested, almost voided of emotions. Twilight’s eyes bloodshot from lack of sleep, but Twilight never feels tired. Twilight didn’t know what she’s looking for in the mirror, or was it something on or inside of her? Twilight’s hoof slides across the mirror, her chest’s reflection. Something felt missing, something that Twilight doesn’t understand.

Twilight Sparkle will scream and brutally murder you if you say love. Twilight doesn’t need love, it’s the reason why so much potential in the world is squandered. Think of all the research that could be done if it wasn’t for love, the answer is a lot of research.

Twilight, however, leaves the bathroom to catch a couple nuzzle each other’s noses. Twilight detests it, but looks along with longing in her eyes. Twilight shakes her head and shoves it back deep in her head, down the pools of purple that was her eyes. Twilight moves on, entering the garrison. The garrison is the quickest way to get into the castle for Twilight and her company.

Why?

Gleaming Shield, the counterpart of Twilight Sparkle. Gleaming Shield is the social butterfly to Twilight’s lone wolf. In a way, Gleaming Shield is a better choice for a mate than Twilight in a evolutionary standard. Everything about the Second in Command, Gleaming Shield, is twice the mare Twilight could think of being.

Even the fucking God of Love swoons over Gleaming Shield, whereas Twilight is just bothered for intercourse. Gross.

Well, the difference for the two sisters is that Gleaming Shield kills enemies. That’s a completely different fucking sport than Twilight plays. Perhaps it’s the amount of badassery Gleaming Shield possess that attracts the stallions, perhaps it’s something else.

Did Twilight live in Gleaming’s shadow? No. Twilight is just jealous of her sister’s concepts of social interaction without twenty-five different ponies asking for sex.

The garrison is something to admire despite the rumors of soldiers living in hard cot beds with dirt and grime being their blankets, the garrison is lively with ponies walking their posts in a military order, bearings unwavering. The floors are cold marble and the walls pine wood planks, decorated with pictures of Veterans, shields, old fashion armor, and the occasional slips of paper with the General Orders on them.

“Twily!” Gleaming Shield’s voice is like honey, but like honey – it makes Twilight sick whenever her nickname is used in such an environment. The environment is a military base of operations, not a daycare. Twilight’s eyes widen at the sight of the Admiral, which is one rank below of Captain & Chief of The Royal Guards. The Admiral is the aforementioned Gleaming Shield, her white fur clean from dirt and grime as usual, blue mane brushed to a shine but held up in a bun, her eyes shine bright at seeing her little sister.

“Hullo,” Twilight says dismissively, hoping to keep any conversation from happening. It’s not that Twilight didn’t like her big sister, it’s more or less the fact Twilight would rather straighten this situation and confusion and be home in time for supper. Gleaming Shield breaks away from her activity, which looked like a really intense game of Jenga, to make her way over to the group.

“Damn, whose that hottie?” Blitz asks Twilight quietly, which earns him a glare from Twilight herself. Before you go assuming it’s jealousy, imagine someone hitting on your sister/brother. Now how uncomfortable that would be if they called your sibling a quote on quote ‘hottie’

“Don’t bother,” Twilight replies sourly, Applejack raises one eyebrow at this but remains his silence. “She’s engaged.”

“God dammit,” Rainbow Blitz huffs, but recovers his bearing. “That’s fine, I can look at two other mares I’d bother…”

Twilight glares again, Rainbow Blitz furrows his eyebrows at Twilight. “Don’t flatter yourself, I’m talking about those two fine twins over there – they’ve been eyeing me since we entered the joint.”

Indeed, Twilight notices two Pegasus twins sizing up Rainbow Blitz. They play with their mane, purposely exposing their neck and inner-wrist of their hooves. Rather unprofessional, flirting with a civvie on the job. Twilight’s dirty look remains in her head, as she doesn’t have the required amount of courage to glare at two mares who would buff-shine their horse shoes to a glass-like gloss with Twilight’s face.

“Um… who is she… if you don’t mind me asking…” Butterscotch fumbles with the Elements of Harmony book, trying to read while also walking at the same time. It’s not working out too well.

“That’s my sister, I’ll go more into detail about it later,” Twilight answers/dodges. “Her name is Gleaming Shield, don’t remember it because we’re not going to stay for long.”

“Would you sing a song about it?!” Bubble Berry pulls out a electronic accordion out of his hair/wazoo/the deep valley of cotton candy/the forbidden forest. “Promise?”

“Absolutely not,” is what Twilight wanted to say, but all that came out was just mumbles and garbles. All Bubble needed to know. Twilight, and company, now stands in front of the second most highest rank of all of the military. Well the third, if you count the Princes.

“Still rocking the awkward silence, eh chum?” Gleaming Shield smiles as she nabs Twilight into a headlock, brushing her hoof across Twilight’s head in a rough manner. Elusive looks livid as Gleaming Shield does this, but it goes unnoticed with the other things the Not-So-Main Character does.

“Nice to see you too,” Twilight mumbles her reply, not even wanting to divert her attention away from her textbook nerd reading. Twilight deadpans at the actions of her older sister, which brings a confused look onto Gleaming Shield’s face.

“Oi, what’s pissed in your tea this morning?” Gleaming Shield asks, practically closing Twilight’s book by forcing her hoof. “You seem like someone poured lemon juice into your nostrils.”

“That’s how she usually looks,” Rainbow Blitz snorts, Rainbow Blitz receives a glare from Twilight and Gleaming Shield respectively. The others just sat there, watching, because it’s pretty much a free show to see Rainbow Blitz get the shit kicked out of him by Twilight’s older sister. “What? Have you seen her in the morning, whenever she does decide to open her library?”

“…Right,” Gleaming Shield slowly blinks, unused to the amount of disrespect she’s seen from years of being a high rank official. “Who exactly are you lot?”

“Not a lot of love shared for strangers,” Rainbow Blitz, again with the disrespect. “I’m the one and only Rainbow Blitz, fastest flier in all of Equestria, and Pegasus in training for the Wonderbolts! Also twenty percentage of total badassery”

Twilight blinks.

“Ah’m Applejack, ma’am, and Ah apologize rightly for Blitz’s behavior – he’s not a big fan of authority,” Applejack tactfully says, nodding his head respectively.

“I am Elusive, ma’am, and I must say I absolutely ADORE your mane! Who styles it? I must know!” Elusive says, instead of super psycho mode, he goes into excited Chihuahua mode.

“Twenty bits says he’s gay,” Gleaming leans into Twilight’s dead ear and whispers-mumbles.


Finally, hope in Twilight’s chest.

“butterscotch,” Butterscotch whispers-mumbles. Butterscotch closes the Elements of Harmony book and tucks it under his wing, he fumbles with his rectangular glasses so they would stay on his face correctly. “I really need contacts…”

“HI! I’M BUBBLE DA VINCI BERRY!! YOU CAN CALL ME BUBBLE BERRY OR JUST BUBBLE, EVERYONE ELSE DOES! I KNOW YOU’RE THE SISITER OF TWILIGHT AND TWILIGHT IS LIKE, MY BESTEST BEST OF BEST FRIENDS BESIDES THESE FIVE, OR WOULD IT BE FOUR SINCE I DIDN’T INCLUDE MYSELF? OH WELL! SINCE ME AND TWILIGHT ARE SUCH BESTIES, THAT MEANS WE ARE BESTESTIES TOO AND I LOVE MAKING NEW FRIENDS!! WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?! MINE IS MAGENTA, ALTHOUGH PEOPLE WOULD ARGUE IT BEING HOT PINK – WHICH I FIND HILA-RI-OUS! A COLOR CAN’T BE HOT, THAT’S JUST LUDICROUS AND I DON’T MEAN THE RAPPER, I MEAN THE WORD.”

And we’re doomed.

“…right” was all Gleaming Shield had to say in response to Bubble Berry’s loud and frantic ranting. Twilight slides her head into her hoof, wishing there was a hole she could slip into to escape the humility that’s somehow found it’s way into her head and chest. If there was any hope of this day being quicker than the interrogation she had the other day, that was pretty much squashed.

“Down, boy, down!” Rainbow Blitz pulls Bubble Berry by the orange leash, which was attached to a blue collar that was not there before. Bubble Berry gets yanked to the ground before sitting on his haunches with his curly pink tail swishing left and right like a dog.

“Shit,” Gleaming Shield mutters, she still holds Twilight in said headlock. Twilight flicks her dead ear subconsciously, as if to let her sister know that she was talking into her mangled ear. Gleaming Shield doesn’t notice, which earns a small growl from the main character. “And I thought my friends were crazy.”

“Gleaming, I can’t hear from that ear,” Twilight deadpans, turning her head upwards to face her older sister’s face. To prove her point, Twilight bats Gleaming Shield on the muzzle with her mangled ear. “Remember?”

“Oh right,” Gleaming Shield hears a poof and coughs from the smoke, Twilight teleports out of her sister’s grip. Gleaming Shield’s hoof, chest, and neck is now covered in purple dust-like residue. It slowly turns black, if slow meant ten seconds. Twilight Sparkle appears in front of the stallions, not really facing anyone. Twilight’s book appears under Butterscotch’s wing, the Elements books rests in her hooves.

“Bloody hell, that spell is unreliable,” Twilight levitates the Elements book and her Detective book into the air. Twilight didn’t remember having the book on the Elements of Harmony on her, and the Teleportation Spell does not span out that far from Canterlot to Ponyville. The Detective Book and the Elements book swapped places, was Twilight’s deduction. “Butterscotch, why do you have my book of the Elements of Harmony?”

“S-sorry, I was just curious about it,” Butterscotch hides behind his short mane, Twilight notices that Butterscotch’s mane reveals the top of his head and forehead down the middle. “I just sort of kept it even though it’s yours… sorry.”

“What?” Twilight blinks, Twilight shoves the book back under his wing. Butterscotch’s feathers ruffle slightly from the magical aura. “I have twenty of these books, keep it.”

“Wait, Twilight, “ Rainbow Blitz pips up, “You just teleported, right?”

“Yeah?” Twilight fixes her mane, straightening the mess Gleaming Shield made on her head. “Why?”

“You fucking idiot,” Rainbow Blitz smacks his face into his hooves. Twilight raises an eyebrow at Rainbow Blitz.

“I beg your pardon?” Twilight Sparkle glares, which faulters when Bubble Berry raises his left hoof high into the air – waving it as if Twilight was a teacher.

“Bubble?”

“Well, if you can teleport – why didn’t you teleport into your house if you were locked outside?” Bubble Berry points out, even though there’s no possible way he could have known Twilight was locked outside with the keys inside.

“Well, you see…” Twilight prepared her rambling response before realizing that Bubble Berry was completely correct in his question. Why didn’t Twilight just teleport inside of her house?! Twilight Sparkle’s eyes widen as her pupils shrink, her ears flickers twice, Twilight’s mane and tail frizzy. Twilight Sparkle feels thin liquid drip down from her nose, it taps onto the floor –blood.

“Twi’, you alright?!” Applejack shoots into attention, taking a step closer to Twilight Sparkle. Gleaming Shield, on the other hand, took a huge step back. Applejack and the rest of the stallions give Gleaming Shield a look of confusion before noticing the thin line of smoke arriving from Twilight’s horn.

Twilight Sparkle’s eyes turn from purple to red, an ellipse shape iris instead of the normal circle. Pure white-hot magic coats Twilight’s body, her hair and tail explodes into flames. Applejack and the stallions scrambles back, eyes widen from shock, Rainbow Blitz’s wings shoots out and stands at attention stiffly. Bubble Berry pulls a hat from his hair/wazoo/the forbidden forest and places it onto his head firmly, he turns it around.

“A wild Rapidash!” Bubble Berry screeches, he digs into his mane once more to pull out a foam ball colored red on top with a white bottom. A black line around the middle of the sphere, a white circle on the complete middle. “Go Pokéball!”

“WHAT THE FLYING FEATHERED-FUCK IS A RAPIDASH?!” Blitz yells at Bubble Berry, smacking him on the back of his head. “COULD YOU BE ANY MORE RANDOM?!”

“But it’s not Friday,” Bubble Berry responds.

“Poké-what?!” Elusive cries out.

The ‘Pokéball’ completely disintegrates as it comes within twelve centimeters of Twilight. “WELL WE’RE [quack]ED!” Bubble Berry’s hat disappears along with the rest of his silly get up. Twilight lets out a frustrated groan as she slams her head onto a shield over and over. Mumbling the word ‘idiot’ at every slam of her head.

“Is that normal?” Butterscotch asks Gleaming Shield, who nods. “For Twilight to go… um… ballistic – if you don’t mind me asking.”

“Yeah, this is her when she realizes that she completely forgets about something,” Gleaming Shield says casually, she leans on a table with an annoyed look on her face. “Don’t worry, she’ll be fine.”

“Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid…”

This continues for a few minutes.


“Yeah, that was totally all me,” Rainbow Blitz flexes for the two earth pony mares, who don’t hesitate to feel his muscles. “I solved the problem, me, myself, and I.” Twilight sits on her haunches, rubbing her sore forehead. Any attempt at “aid” from Elusive was quickly shot down, as she just needed a moment of silence. Gleaming Shield eyes her use-to-be prized shield, which is imprinted with Twilight’s face in multiple places.

“Right, much better, lets move on,” Twilight pipes up, her forehead lacking of injury or pain. A healing spell.

“No more flipping out?” Gleaming Shield deadpans but playfully gives Twilight Sparkle an agitated look. “You’ll probably snap my sword in half next time.”

“no promises” Twilight says in Butterscotch’s tone of voice. Twilight brushes past the Admiral, who follows suit. Applejack and Rainbow Blitz hangs back momentarily.

“Yeah, go on without me,” Rainbow Blitz says slyly to Applejack, two mare-guards under his front legs. He holds both of them in his wings, they press themselves closer to the blue Pegasus. Applejack was about to question their rank before looking at their uniform, which is for adult ponies in bootcamp. Makes sense they would leap themselves at the first stallion they see, Applejack’s been in bootcamp... “I have a… ‘close quarters combat’ lesson to attend to…”

The mares’ giggles drives a wooden stake of disappointment through Applejack’s chest. Rainbow Blitz grins at Applejack, which makes Applejack feel uneasy about just leaving him behind with these two mares – what if he gets in trouble with the higher ups? Actually, fuck him, that’s his own fault if he does. “Have fun.” Applejack says, turning around to follow the last glimpse of Butterscotch’s tail.

“C’mon…” One of the twins tugs on Rainbow Blitz’s feathers carefully, the other twin pushes against the Pegasus. Twin Two preens into his neck, she moves up his jawbone. “On the double, soldier…”

“Ma’am, yes, ma’am…!” Rainbow Blitz’s wings extends as they stride into private quarters.