• Published 21st Sep 2015
  • 2,095 Views, 88 Comments

Derpy Love - Muffin Derper



A clutsy Pony has a crush on somepony else, but has a hard time expressing her love.

  • ...
5
 88
 2,095

Chapter 11

“What do you mean, she’s going to use my body?”

“I have explained that we are sitting in the Nexus, correct?” Derpy nodded her head. “Well, only our minds are here, not our physical bodies. Right now, your body is nothing but an empty shell lying limp wherever Nightmare has dropped you off.”

Derpy’s wings fluffed out as her amber eyes turned into pinpricks.

“Wait, does that mean I’m dead!?” Luna shook her head and chuckled softly at Derpy.

“No Derpy, it does not mean you are dead. You and your body are alive, but your mind and soul are here, instead of in your body.”

Derpy gave one last look around before she laid down in defeat. The ashen mare let out a long sigh as she scratched at the ground with her hoof.

“I hope Twilight’s ok, but knowing her, she’s losing her marbles right now.”

Luna snorted at Derpy’s comment.

“Just be happy you are not the one she is going to be mad at. She has been known to combust into a living flame from time to time when she gets too mad.”

Derpy’s head shot up and quickly glanced over to where Luna was sitting.

“W-what?!” Derpy shifted uncomfortably in place as her wings started to slightly flutter. “How do you know that?”

“Oh, she had mentioned it in one of her letters to my sister, who in turned shared the information with me. I found it quite humorous, but Celestia did not. In fact, it worries her.” Luna looked down at her front hooves with a grim look on her face. “In reality, I can understand why Celestia would be worried. Twilight possesses an unfathomable amount of magic at a very high level for a normal unicorn. When one thinks of it, it is quite scary.”

Derpy only managed to meekly to get out “Oh that’s, that's lovely.”

Derpy had heard that Twilight was a gifted unicorn, but she didn't know it was to that extent. Note to self, don’t anger her. No wonder Celestia took her under her wing as her own personal student.

“So uhh, do I need to know anything else about Twilight?”

Luna scratched her chin while she looked up and pondered Derpy's question. Then with a serious look on her face she turned her attention back to Derpy.

“Don’t mess with her books.” Luna held her serious expression for a few more second before bursting into laughter, while rolling on the ground like a little foal. Derpy watched as the Princess let the laughter take over her body. It seemed that Luna hadn’t been able to let loose in a while. Her face was overcome with joy. “No, but in all seriousness, it takes a lot to anger Twilight to that point. So you should be good.”

Derpy laid her head down between her front legs and let out a long sigh.

“I miss her. I don’t want to be here anymore.” Tears began to swell in Derpy's eyes.

Luna crawled over to Derpy, pulled her close, and covered her with one of her wings. To a pegasus, this was the most intimate thing one could do to console a hurting pony.

“I know, I know. But all we can do is wait, pray, and hope our friends can get us out of this. But at least we have each other, right? I know I like the company. Last time it was lonely.” Luna looked down at Derpy with kindness in her cyan eyes. Derpy looked up and met her gaze for a brief moment before burying her face into the alicorn’s side and letting the dam burst with rivers of tears trailing down her face.

“I WANNA GO HOME!”


“WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG!?” Twilight snorted and stomped her hoof while glaring at the Princess and Trixie.

“Twilight, I understand your impatience, but we need to go into this cool-headed. We need to have a plan.”

Twilight walked up to the taller alicorn and looked her in the eyes. The pits of Tartarus burned in her eyes causing Princess Celestia to cringe back in fear.

“I. Am. The. Plan.”

“Trixie agrees with the -”

“Can it, Trixie! We go now!” Twilight turned around and started to head for the door until Celestia interrupted her.

TWILIGHT SPARKLE, YOU’LL DO NO SUCH THING!” Twilight stood frozen in her tracks. She had never heard the Princess use her Canterlot Voice. Her ears pinned to the back of her skull. She knew she had messed up. Twilight meekly turned her head around to face her teacher.

Celestia met Twilight’s eyes with intensity before relaxing her gaze.

“Look Twilight, I know you’re scared and want to go get Derpy. But we need to do this with a calm level head. It’ll do us no good to go barging in there. It is Nightmare Moon we’re talking about. I think we need to call your friends over. It looks like we are going to need the Elements of Harmony.”

“Trixie has an idea.” Both Twilight and Celestia turned their heads and looked at Trixie, who just stood there with a slight fearful look in her eyes. Twilight was the first to speak up.

“Well? What is it?”

“Well, we might be able to talk our way out of this. Nightmare Moon is just an entity taking over Luna's body right? Well that must mean that Luna is still somewhere within her mind. We might be able to get Luna’s attention and pull her back out.”

Celestia rubbed her chin.

“Hmmm, yes, that just might work. But Nightmare won't give her up that easily. We’ll need to distract her. But with what?”

“Trixie, you’re strong enough to know how to cast a telepathy spell, correct?” asked Twilight.

“Uhh, Trixie is unsure. Trixie has never done something like that in her Magic show. Besides, Trixie has had doubts of her abilities ever since........”

Twilight cocked her head to the side, trying to gather meaning of Trixie’s words.

“Ever since what?”

“The...um, Ursa incident....” Trixie turned her head and tried to hide behind her mane like Fluttershy is known to do. Except Trixie’s mane wasn’t long or thick enough to fully conceal her face. Her bright cherry-red cheeks showed through her Silver hair like orange on a field of black.

Twilight walked up to the embarrassed mare and put a hoof around her shoulder. After giving her a warm smile, she pulled Trixie in close and began to speak.

“Trixie, do you forget that you were always second in our class? That means you are strong and powerful. You need to stop putting yourself down and stop doubting your abilities. Trust me, you can do it.”

Trixie’s jaw dropped. Never had she known that Twilight remembered her, let alone acknowledged her power as a unicorn. Trixie’s face burned even more, but this time it was because she was ashamed. All this time she hated Twilight, despised her for her natural talent.

“Twilight...you have no idea how much that means to me....”


Derpy still lay beneath the Princess’s grasp under her wing. She sniffled here and there. But for the most part, her crying fit was over. Still, her heart felt heavy and ached with sadness.

“Luna, why are you being so nice to me?”

“What kind of Princess – no, friend – would I be if I did not comfort you in a time of need or heartache? Besides, it is my fault that you are even here in the first place.”

“You, you consider me as a friend?”

“Why wouldn’t I? You are a nice mare.”

“That’s not what everypony else thinks. They all hate me for my clumsiness.” Derpy squeezed her eyes shut as her vision began to blur. “It’s not my fault! It’s my eyes. It’s all because of my eyes! Nopony stops to think that, that maybe I can’t see straight or don’t have any depth perception. Seriously, I can only really see out of one eye at a time.” Derpy’s eyes shot open to reveal they had turned to pinpricks, with nothing but pent up anger filling her gaze. “Do you know how jarring it is to suddenly have your vision shift from one side of your head to the other?! BUT NO! ALL THEY SEE IS A CLUTZY PONY WHO CAN’T FLY AND ALWAYS BREAKS THINGS!” Derpy slammed her hoof into the ground as her wings aggressively flared out. “NEVER! THEY NEVER TRY TO GET TO KNOW THE REAL ME!” Derpy’s breathing became sporadic and heavy.

Derpy fell silent for a few moments. Luna was befuddled. She was unsure whether she should speak up or just remain quiet. After a long period of silence Derpy finally spoke up again, but is was a hushed whisper.

“Only Twilight has ever taken the time to try and get to know me. My own mother despised me. I....sorry for the outburst.”

“No need to apologize, I know how you feel all too well.”

We’re one in the same. Different reason, but the same feelings. Both of us are outcasts to society, and it’s a right damn shame. Why?! Why did I allow hate and jealousy into my heart!? Derpy doesn’t deserve any of this. She only wanted acceptance and love, just like any other pony. Just like another I know. And I messed it up. I don’t know how, yet. But even if it kills me, Derpy Hooves will see Twilight again!

Luna sat weeping silently on the inside, while she desperately tried to think up a plan to save Derpy from this horrid fate. A single tear fell from Luna’s left eye.

I’m sorry, Trixie….

Author's Note:

So I was kinda in a rush when I was publishing this chapter and was doing it on my phone. I didn't realize that some notes from my editor had crept into the text. Which wasn't in the right place anyway. Just to clear some confusion that may had happened Luna is speaking at the end of this chapter