• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 758 Views, 5 Comments

Dash's Decision - Drac KeaganVA



A story about Rainbow Dash and her choice between not a stallion she likes but her friendship and heart over the evil. She must choose the good side and Soarin over the dark side and Diaval and OC of mine, over bad and Nightmare Moon, evil. So read!

  • ...
9
 5
 758

Dreaming

A Dark veil. Wedding music. Rainbow Dash saw herself walking down the aisle with the vail covering her eyes and half her face. Was she smiling? She could not tell. Scootaloo was ahead of her as the flower filly, spreading the petals on the aisle carpet. Princess Celestia stood at the alter awaiting her with her Colt to be. She could not see who it was. Spike stood there holding a pillow with the rings, necklaces attached to them for the pegasi.

“Hurry now, bride to be. We are all waiting.” Said the impatient Princess Celestia.

Rainbow Dash stopped dead in her tracks. ‘Something does not feel right.’ She thought. She was being forced into this. This was not what she wanted! Then suddenly there was a crack of thunder and a lightning bolt hit Celestia and Luna appeared where she was.

“Princess Luna? What are you doing here…am I dreaming?”

“But of course. But you are not to have this dream…I am sorry. There is something wrong with my spells lately. It has something to do with the cosmic alignment and I am powerless to stop its interference but I can intercede. Are you alright?” Luna asked the troubled blue Pegasus.

Rainbow Dash nodded.

“It takes more than a bad dream to upset me!” boasted the brave mare.

Suddenly Rainbow Dash awoke with a start, and saw the sun shining through her window. She stretched and yawned. What a night. She did not want another like that.

“Oh pony feathers! I’m late for weather disbursement!” she said and dashed out of her house with heavy flapping wings. She made quick work of her chore with handing out the weather assignments and decided to consult Twilight about the dream.

“So you have no idea why you had this dream…?” Twilight asked her friend suspiciously, knowing she had a crush on the Wonderbolt celebrity, Soarin, but also knew a local Pegasus, Thunderlane, had the hots for her. Dash sighed as she went over the story again about Luna and the wedding and was getting aggravated as she flopped her wings at her side.

“*sigh* for the millionth time, Twilight, no. N. O. I have…wait a second…are you trying to say that I LIKE somepony?” Twilight rolled her eyes and wrinkled her nose as she finally got it. “Who then? I could not see the Groom.” Dash said. Twilight growled in frustration.

“Honestly Rainbow Dash. If I know who you like and who likes you than YOU of all ponies should know too!” She tapped her hoof awaiting her to get it. Nothing but a blank look on Dash’s face.

“Really? Soarin…you like Soarin! And Thunderlane likes YOU! Oops!” She quickly covered her mouth on the Thunderlane part and turned red, as did Rainbow. He had told her that in secret. Well it was not a secret anymore. It took a moment to sink in. But when it did, Rainbow Dash burst into laughter.

“Hahahaha, Thunderlane…hahahaha…likes me. Okay who is pulling my leg here?”

“No, he really does Dash, you’ll hurt his feelings!” Dash stood up and flapped her wings, getting ready to go confront him.

“Yeah, yeah, I will make this right. Thanks for the laughs Twilight…Thunderlane and me, HA! See ya!”

“Oh no! He will never trust me again! Rainbow Dash, wait, please!” Twilight hung her head. There was no stopping, or catching up to her. But Dash heard her and stopped mid-flight. She could tell her friend was upset.

“Alright. I won’t go…but I want him to tell me. So, how do I get him to tell me or even tell that he likes me?”

“Tell that who likes who?” Apple Jack asked as her and Applebloom approached the castle. They had overheard the two as they were on their way to deliver some apples to Twilight.

“GASP! Gossip, oh do share please!” Another voice chimed in. It was Rarity. She was coming over to help Twilight decorate a dull room and she had Sweetie Belle with her.

“Ohh, does Rainbow Dash have a Very Special Somepony?” squeaked Sweetie Belle teasingly. Dash turned beat red.

“No kid I don’t!”

“Rainbow Dash, easy on Sweetie Belle! She is just a youngin’!” Apple Jack scolded her.

The six ponies all went inside to lessen the embarrassment already bestowed on Rainbow. They all sat at Twilight’s Dinner table and all began to ambush Rainbow for answers but were silenced by the quickly growing impatient Princess.

“Quiet, all of you! This is not helping.” Twilight said and slammed her hoof down on the table. Rainbow Dash collapsed into her hooves hiding her face.

“This is my fault. I accidentally let out a secret that was told to me by somepony and…it is for Rainbow to know and find out for herself. That is all there is to It.” she said. “I am sorry Rainbow, that it slipped out and you had to suffer this embarrassment. I hope you can forgive me.” Twilight said and placed a caring hoof on Dash’s shoulder. Suddenly there was a knock on the large castle doors and Spike got it, and let in the guest before Twilight could say anything...it was Thunderlane. He was there to help move some furniture for Spike and her.

“Come right in Thunderlane. I hope your strong cuz this stuff is heavy!” Spike said as he led the dark Pegasus into the room with the mares and fillies. Once Dash saw who it was she quickly hid up in the rafters. AJ and Rarity, along with the two fillies got the jest that this was who liked Rainbow Dash and looked at each other. Then words escaped their mouths in unison.

“Ohhhhh Thunderlane huh?” The four ponies said like it was rehearsed.

“Hello everypony…having a uh…discussion or something?” he asked. He had not seen Dash.

“Yeah.” AJ said. “Or somethin’.” A smile crossed her face as she looked up briefly at Dash who was begging her with her arms not to draw attention to her. She was not ready to confront Thunderlane…not yet.

“Thunderlane! Wha…what are you doing here?” Twilight asked forgetting about their previous appointment.

“Umm, I am here to help you with furniture, remember, Princess?” he asked innocently.

“Oh, heh, right…uh…Spike, take Thunderlane to the Parlor please and show him what we need moved. Big Mac will be here soon to help you.” Twilight fumbled over her words as she was trying to give Rainbow Dash an escape.

“Unless you want Rainbow Dash to help too, Twilight, oowww.” Applebloom began but was silenced by Apple Jack’s hoof and a stern look at the end.

“Wait…Rainbow Dash is not here.” Thunderlane said quickly turning around. Looking for his crush and blushing a bit. Twilight gritted her teeth and looked at Applebloom.

“What did I say?” The innocent Applebloom asked rubbing the back of her head.

“Oh yes she is. She is right up there…oops.” Squeaked Sweetie Belle unsilenced by Rarity who was giggling at the entire situation.

“What, where…ahh. I see her now. Um why are you up in the rafters?” Thunderlane asked the floating Rainbow Dash. She sighed and decided it was time to come down but not before she thought of an excuse.

“She’s hiding from you!” Sweetie Belle blurted out again.

“Sweetie Belle!” Rarity scolded but still giggling. Rainbow Dash flew down trying to play it off.

“Yep! Those rafters are pretty drafty Twilight! You defiantly need some banners or something up there. What’s up Thunderlane?” she said trying to play everything off as cool. But he wasn’t buying it. He nodded his head and slowly trotted up to her, a bit closer than usual. Dash blushed, now knowing what Twilight did. She bit her lip as she turned her head and coughed.

“*cough cough* Oh man, I think I am coming down with a cold, I think I’ll leave…”

“What’s the rush? Why not stay and help out a stallion?” Thunderlane said leaning into Rainbow, close enough to smell her mane. She was uncomfortable and she was about to let him know it.

“Whoa whoa, back off man! What is with you?”

“Oh…I think you know by now. I overheard Twilight spill my secret. So what do you say Rainbow Dash, Wanna go grab something to eat when I’m done here?” Rainbow Dash was flattered and weirded out a bit but was considering his offer. All the other ponies were on toe watching and listening awaiting Dash’s decision.

Dash was red in the face. She swallowed hard and closed her eyes briefly. Then she exhaled.

“You know what, why not? Sure Thunderlane! Now let’s go move some furniture!” The other ponies where shocked.

“Did she just say yes?” Rarity gasped. The other ponies all nodded as they watched the two pegasi walk into the parlor together nearly wing to wing. A smile on Thunderlane’s face.

“Hey AJ, where is your brother at?” Rainbow shouted over her shoulder as she passed thru the archway to the parlor. Thunderlane thought to himself, ‘At last I have you where I want you…now if you will only drink my poison…’