• Published 29th May 2012
  • 1,448 Views, 48 Comments

The Twelve Specialists - BioChemicalWolfGear



The sky is not the limit for the people of the skies. Man comes so long ago.

  • ...
3
 48
 1,448

Tale of Nuclear Fire

(WOO PARAGRAPHS YEA!)

Turmoil was in pain, and a lot of it. His radiation sickness is being treated by Witch Doctor and is almost cured. Turmoil was thankful to even survive the blast from the warhead that destroyed the town he was assigned to protect.

The pain got so bad Witch Doctor chose to put him in stasis until his body could heal itself properly. The stasis chamber was yellow like most of the ship; it was also larger than a human so in case it would ever be needed to treat something else it was there. As of now Turmoil is residing inside this capsule.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turmoil joined the rest of the Twelve Specialists in the meeting room. Everyone knew he wouldn’t need to say anything because he couldn’t. Turmoil was on life support being walked to the meeting room with Witch Doctor.

Turmoil was never disappointed with the meetings. Peace Keeper made sure everyone knew the possible outcomes before each meeting when determining something as fragile as the relationship of two civilizations that just became aware of each others presence.

Like all the other times Turmoil didn’t need to speak.

At the end of the meeting Witch Doctor escorted Turmoil once again back to the stasis chamber. Witch Doctor being the most knowledgeable in genetic engineering and in general anything to do with bio or chemical substances was the best doctor in the known universe.

As Turmoil lays in the stasis chamber and goes into deep sleep. In that dream that follows he relives the trauma his body experienced on the last world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turmoil was down on the planets surface setting up turret defenses for the indigenous populace. Bombers and planes soared in the outer most atmospheres as they dropped their payload from miles away, striking their targets without getting into the range of the anti air defenses. The alliance promised a future with Utopia and offered to give them free food and access to their bank. ‘How could we refuse? Especially if our turrets can save innocent lives.’ Said Turmoil at the next meeting.

Unlike the Alliance Turmoil was able to make the best long range turrets that were able to hit almost anything as long as it can be seen or detected. Binary helped Turmoil program them so that when they detect a plane and they go under the radar(Or over it) the turrets can still predict its movements and possible evasive maneuvers. Turmoil got them to act like long range shotguns so every time they fired in unison something was going to fall from the sky. (Even if 90% of the shots miss)

Though one day the attack vessels did something that no one would expect. They resorted to nuclear tactics and a large bomber dropped its payload way out of the long range targeting system. The detonation didn’t hit the city. NO it didn’t need too. The blast radius was damaging enough.

The skies light up in a great ball of fire, brighter than the sun. Everyone stops and stares in awe and fear. All except Turmoil…He sprints to the nearest bunker which was conveniently next to him. The blast doors were gone from all the shelling but Turmoil didn’t care. He had to take his chances if he wanted to survive this. ‘Why stand in the open of a nuclear explosion when you have time to get behind cover eh?’ When the shockwave hit the bunker was destroyed along with most of the city. But it didn’t matter because Turmoil found a place deeper within the bunker that led to an underground tunnel system.

Regardless of his quick dash down the tunnel he was still too close to the surface and the shockwave threw him into the depths of the tunnels, and blasted him with radiation. Utopia was a safe distance from the blast. Which was good because they were the first to respond. The primary goal was to find Turmoil and confirm if he was dead or not. Thankfully there were survivors and Turmoil was one of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witch Doctor seeing that his patient was safe returned to his regular duties, curing disease. Though he needed to know what types of diseases existed on this world and only Watchman would know this so soon.

Witch Doctor was pretty much the typical mad scientist…Or he looked it. He wasn’t that mad and he was pretty sane. The exact opposite of Binary. Binary looked and at times sounded sane, but was very very insane. Though they both have a mutual respect for each other. Since they are both specialists in different fields they always are better than each other in different ways. Leading to discussions they take turns in. Binary talks about coding for a few minutes, then Witch Doctor about diseases and biology. It was mostly one way conversation as the other would listen, but they both had a fascination with the opposing field that (even though not as strong as their passion for their own) fueled their friendship and even allowed them to invent new ideas for cures or programming.

Witch Doctor watched as Watchman peered into a crystal ball that hovered in front of him. Watchman usually does this to download all the events he witnesses directly into his mind. (Witch Doctor and Binary are to blame for that hybrid tech) Witch Doctor didn’t need to say anything as Watchman looked at him. He knew what he was here for and he started going through his file cabinets under ‘E’ and took out a large file labeled ‘diseases’. Watchman smiles as he hands over the file to Witch Doctor.

“Thank you friend. You know me so well.” Said Witch Doctor. Watchman gave a smile and nodded to say ‘You’re welcome’

Witch Doctor went back to his lab on the second floor that was near the impulse engine. He quickly opened up the files Watchman gave him like a kid opens up his charismas presents. It’s safe to say he’s passionate about his work.

Once he looks at the files he was stunned and shocked. Very few deadly diseases existed here in Equestria. There were a few uncured diseases that didn’t kill and some that did. The most common diseases are ones that didn’t even need medicine to cure, and the ponies would use medicine anyway.

Finding that all this information was going to be annoying and if not boring to him he was about to go check on Binary and see what kind of nifty gadgets he may have thought up. Nano was the engineer by all means but she didn’t talk that much.

He then noticed that Watchman was at the front door. He didn’t look at all happy, no he was more concerned. He knew Witch Doctor wouldn’t be happy with the information he gave him. But that didn’t mean he wasn’t without a few ideas that could still occupy Witch Doctor for a good amount of time. He had a folder in his hand. He walked over to the chemistry set in Witch Doctors room and put it down next to a beaker. Then he walks out and back to his observatory.

Witch Doctor looks at the folder and opens it up to browse through its unknown fountain of possibility. What he finds in there was something he did not expect. Inside were pictures of mythical creatures that looked biologically impossible. The folder was labeled ‘Beast Master’. Watchman knew the good Doctor wouldn’t be able to resist studying such strange beasts. It was the reason he would at times try to go into Beast Master’s room and take samples of his dragon.

Immediately he copied down the information that he read through and returned the file to Watchman. Then he went back to his lab and started researching the possibilities and potential for these new discoveries. The creatures he saw in that file were ones that he’s never seen before. Some even only known in mythology.

‘I’m going to have so much fun’ thought Witch Doctor as he starts to pull out old notes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binary was typing the things that no one really understood. He would always talk about impossible things like how ‘The Force is serious fucking business!’ or ‘Don’t touch my consol’……..That last one is only impossible for Sky Rider. She likes to explore new places and sometimes that includes a new wealth of knowledge…Or gossip...whichever.

Binary was working on such a program this day. He was studying the potential of flight in this world. He hasn’t seen the pegasi but he got a golem to look at a few notes for him and was interested to see images of the anomaly called ‘flight’ in this world. Every pegasi doesn’t have enough power in their wings to lift themselves, so there is a weird aura that they utilize that the specialists aren’t aware of.

He had no time for such meaningless gibberish about ‘magic’ that the ponies seem to value. He knew the technology and the universe just by rebuilding it. You can never truly understand something unless you’ve built it yourself. It’s just like all riddles and tales, the plot can develop and a story will be created; however only the creator knows the trial and error that went into that storyline.

It was the same basic principle with coding. You must create what you don’t yet understand to learn from it. And Binary lived by that. Everything he learned he had to be able to recreate before claiming he’d mastered it. But today was the first time he truly put his theories into test. Because today Binary was building the bridge that connected the natural and the supernatural.

Once Binary was completely done with all his coding and law writing he got out of his chair for the first time in three weeks. His body was aching; his head started to pulsate with blood and he stumbled onto the floor with a thud. He sent the data up to Witch Doctor already so his next feat was getting to his lab.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witch Doctor was going through notes still and was now putting chemicals together to create tranquilizers. Then there was a constant pinging on the stasis machine for Turmoil. He went over to it and looked at the data. Turmoil was done…

He opened it up and awakened him. He was no were near as healthy as he normally was but he was able to stay conscious without any medical assistance now. All that was left was how he was going to move around. But that was taken care of by…well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witch Doctor approached Nano Swarm after the nuclear attack on the city that rendered Turmoil indisposed. She was sitting in her reinforced hammock of ‘steel forged by god’ or Nanobots and was cussing to herself about Turmoil’s misfortune while looking out the circular window next to her vantage point on the hammock. She may have been anti social; but she knew where her loyalties lye. The Twelve specialists were supposed to be family toward each other, and that was how they treated each other. Ever since their home was destroyed the only remembrance of it was each other and Utopia itself.

“Nano I need your assistance.” Said Witch Doctor in a very serious voice. Once he spoke Nano’s head shot toward him, then her face turned into horror when he said assistance.

“W-why? Is everything ok? Can you save him?” She said worried. She assumed he wanted her to infuse Turmoil with the Swarm and in doing so would give him a possible fifty fifty chance of dying or living, especially in his current state.

“No he’s stable…But there is something I do need you to do so he can get back on his feet sooner.” She cocked her head to the side with a questioning expression.

“What is it doc?”

“I want you to help me build a life support suit of armor. One that will allow him to move around and keep his body safe enough to heal while continuing his daily activities.”

Nano smiled at the simplicity of the task…She’s done it before. “Aw doc ya scared me. I don’t need your help with that; I’ve done stuff like that before.”

“Which I’m afraid isn’t going to be enough…” Nano’s reassured look faded and turned into a worried frown.

“W-what do you mean?”

“He’s going to need REAL life support. Not just the body enhancers you would do for people. He needs to have a fully functioning system that will take over all his body functions except for his brain waves. You’ve put people in a stasis field so they wouldn’t die from pain or wounds. Now I’m sorry but he has radiation poisoning and those simple life enhancing abilities of yours aren’t good enough to take away radiation.”

“…Ok what do I need to build?”

“…Come with me, we have a lot to discuss.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witch Doctor looks at the large suit of heavy jump jet infantry armor. The heavy shoulder pads and the large chest frame was able to hold a sizable life support system…In fact that’s exactly what it held. The suit was complete with air tight helmet that had a respiratory system that filtered atmosphere and separated the oxygen from everything else. It would then hold that oxygen in a storage unit for Turmoil to breathe through.

The suits large jump jets would allow Turmoil to freely leave and return to Utopia without having any trouble. It was a change from Turmoil’s…Paladin Hover Tank…Which was undeniably the most powerful tank in all dimensions considering that it was literally built to drive off Utopia without taking damage; AND to be able to fire high explosive shells out of *sigh* a quad cannon. (4 tank cannons on one main turret)

Witch Doctor goes to the stasis chamber and helps Turmoil to his feet and gets him in front of the suit of black armor, he is gasping for air like a fish out of water. The suits chest plate opens up and then the legs open up. Turmoil needed help stepping up to fit inside the suit since it was a good…10 feet tall…Luckily every door and corridor was tall enough for something that is 12 feet tall. This is mainly because Golem God liked to make his golems pretty tall so they could intimidate anyone who enters Utopia, it’s very good for security when everyone is too afraid of being pummeled by a 9 foot tall behemoth guard.

The suit lifts Turmoil into a more centered place inside it and starts wrapping itself around him. Once done it started to fix itself so he could rest comfortably inside the armor without any irritation. Then the life support system turns on and he starts to breathe similar to a diver.

“Thank you doctor. I didn’t believe I would see the light of day once again after that explosion.” Said Turmoil gratefully.

“I’m sorry my friend…But that state you are in could be permanent…Your lungs took too much damage to just be healed back. You will need a respiratory aid of some sort until I’m able to genetically engineer a new pair of lungs from one of the specialists.” Turmoil remained silent for a few moments.

“Very well doctor…I’m happy to be alive. This new information does not stress me as much as you may think. I am alive. I have you to thank for that.” Even though you couldn’t see it through those small ovals for eyes, Turmoil was smiling.

“Well I’m glad survival is still more important to you than the quality of life. I couldn’t imagine being unable to feel the world around me. I would hate it because it would get in the way of my research.”

“I don’t need research to reassure myself that I can save lives, even when the quality of mine is so poor. In fact I now feel like an inspiration to all those around me who know my tale.”

Doctor smiles at Turmoil. He’s been known to never let things get him down but this near death experience just proves it way too well.

“All right Turmoil I need to get back to my research…lots of interesting things on this world. Maybe PK will let you roam around.” Said the doctor with a wink.

With that Turmoil now leaves to join his fellowship in the hanger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sky Rider always hangs out in the hanger. She is always just itching to fly and feel the wing rush passed her in her open air cockpit of her home made biplanes. She loved all manors of aircraft and not just the fast ones too. She was actually in the hanger playing with a remote control toy plane…which really solidifies the idea that SHE LOVES PLANES! Although when she sees Turmoil descending the stairs to the hanger she leaps up in joy giving an excited gasp.

“TURMOIL!” She ran over to him. Sky’s youthful nature created smiles that you would normally give to a child. She ran to Turmoil and gave him the biggest hug she could muster.

“Sky I’ve missed you!” He would kneel to get to her level but she had a firm grip on his waist he had no control over at the moment.

“When will you be out of the suit?” She said with a smile as she pulls out of the hug.

“Doc said that I may never be able to leave the suit…” He said grimly.

“W-what?” She looked broken and on the brink of tears. Turmoil had to reassure her.

“Sky please don’t cry…I’m very lucky to be alive. If skin made of armor is the price I had to play for saving innocent lives then I can bare with that burden.” She was tearing up. But his words struck home and she started understood his way of thinking so she knew his new form wouldn’t change who he was.

“O-ok…j-just d-don’t d-do it again!” She begged him trying to put on a smile.

“I will do it again if it meant the safety of others…You should know me well enough to know I would never refuse to help the innocent.” He couldn’t show it but his voice made the impression he was smiling.

“T-that was a j-joke…Y-you still suck at sarcasm.” She smiled at him. Turmoil chuckled as she tried to draw him into another hug…But his weight was too great so she ended up flinging herself to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binary made it by himself to Witch Doctors room. The good doctor himself was mid experiment and he asked Binary to wait a while as this particular chemical mixture needed to be done fast or it could mix with the wrong chemicals too soon. He was looking to make certain elements that are very rare to occur naturally…Yet it didn’t stop him from making them like a chemistry god.

When he was done he turned to Binary who seemed to have a strange glow of pride and excitement. Witch Doctor saw this and smiled to show he was done. The chemicals would rest inside the beaker without forming anything new for a long time now.

Once Binary got the signal he perked up…If that was even possible in the current state of mind he was in.

“Well W.D. my friend I’ve discovered a way to bend the world around me without using this so called magic that the ponies have!” He said in an excited and quite loud voice.

“Umm. Ok let’s hear it then.” Witch Doctor was taken back by the sudden volume of Binary but he still responded with curiosity.

“Well I’ve sent the data to the stasis chamber. In mere hours the process should finish and I will be able to have the power of telekinesis!” Binary’s smile almost fell off his face it was so wide.

“Umm Binary that’s impossible. There is no way you could do that.” He was unsure.

“Oh? Look at the data.” Said Binary in a challenging tone.

The doctor went over to the empty stasis chamber and looked at the information that was downloaded into it. It took him ten minutes to fully decipher it but he knew enough about Binary’s work to understand it all.

“Binary…You are a genius!”

“That’s not all.”

“What?”

“I made a secondary program for you. It’s in the other folder.”

Witch Doctor looks at the other file that was just received after a long sending period. His excitement was almost uncontainable when he realized what it was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“From what I can tell we’re not the only floating fortress in this world. So I will need my Paladin tank to be able to hover. Of course it’s able to hover from the last time you tinkered with it but now with the creatures of this world being so maneuverable I’ll need to be able to fly if need be.” Said Turmoil as he stood next to his tank. Sky was with him absorbing every word like her life depended on it…It was mainly because the conversation had to do with flight.

“Okie doky! Now I’ve got the fastest engines in the universe but none of them would be able to fit properly on your tank. I’m going to need to rebuild the main body of it so that I could get the air stream into the engines. That means that there will be at least one gaping hole in the front and rear of your tank.” She said nervously.

Turmoil considered this…

“Very well Sky. I trust you enough to make it salvageable but how about we make a new tank entirely. I’ll just take apart what I can and I’ll help you build the tank around the new engines.”

“OH ok that is way simpler now! Ok let’s get this thing torn apart!”

After hours of tinkering the day light was starting to fade. They worked well into the night and managed to get the Paladin down to pieces and started putting it back together around the new duel engines. If anything this would become the fastest tank/jet with treads in the universe. Though it stopped looking like a regular old tank a long time ago. Turmoil decided he would have four turrets. Two on each side. Two in front and two in back.

If anything it now looked like a dune buggy with jet engines and four treads and four ball turrets. Each ball turret had the potential to do some serious damage if they hit something. Even pierce armor if needed. The fact that they could spin at 50mph before you finish blinking made any fast moving target an easy one. The tank could move around on its own and was hooked up to Turmoil’s suit so he can command it without actually riding it. That would be useful since these ponies posses magic and could possibly lift him if they so desired. (Or had the right amount of power to do it)

When it was done they stepped back to look over their work. Both Sky Rider and Turmoil had their hands on their chins in the exact same body pose that showed they were scanning and admiring a new addition to an art museum.

“Well Turmoil I think we’ve done it.” Said Sky Rider still in the exact same pose.

“Yes Sky, I think we have.”

“Wana make more?”

“Do we have the parts?”

They both sigh in sadness and in unison.


(I got rid of Spell Tome as a character...I didn't like the idea of magic in a society with this much tech ;P)
(you may have also noticed I changed the title...Well this story is still being written is it not? ;P)