• Published 8th Sep 2015
  • 625 Views, 6 Comments

Camp Orion - Meemie7



What is necessary is rarely easy or comfortable. It causes anger, depression, and most of all, fear. Pure and simple fear. Fear of what others may think. Fear of what will change. Fear of whether or not things will ever get better.

  • ...
2
 6
 625

Chapter 23: One-on-One Luna

Snowheart: Luna, you look exhausted.

Luna: My apologies. It was a long night last night.

Snowheart: Couldn’t sleep? I can get you something to help with that.

Luna: No, no. I just… was thinking a lot.

Snowheart: About what?

Luna: Do I have to answer?

Snowheart: No. But, you’re only going to get out of this what you put in. I know it’s hard, but it would help.

Luna: I know.

Snowheart: Take a deep breath if you need to.

Luna: Hf… Guilt, I suppose.

Snowheart: Why?

Luna: …I guess because…it’s all I’ve known for so long…

Snowheart: …Alright. Then, let me ask this again. Why did you create the Tantibus?

Luna: …Because I thought it was the right thing to do.

Snowheart: Is it still the right thing to do?

Luna: …I don’t know anymore…maybe it is. And that’s what scares me.

Snowheart: Luna… everyone in Equestria has forgiven you. They adore you as their Princess. They respect you. You are the only one that has not forgiven yourself.

Luna: I know I am! And I hate myself for it!

Snowheart: Stop it! Just stop it! You need to listen to me!

Luna: …

Snowheart: A thousand years of exiled isolation. Isn’t that enough? Aren’t you tired of prolonging your punishment? Don’t you want it to stop?

Luna: I…I’m sorry…

Snowheart: Apology accepted, but you don’t need to say that you’re sorry. Here, take a tissue.

Luna: I just…want it all to stop.

Snowheart: I know. And you know what’s the good part about this?

Luna: What?

Snowheart: It can be over. Right now.

Luna: How?

Snowheart: Knowing what you do now, would you become Nightmare Moon?

Luna: Of course, not.

Snowheart: Do you see? Nopony is perfect, Luna. Often our mistakes come from not knowing all the facts. Knowing what we know at the time, we don’t see other options and that leads to the mistake. But, we learn from those mistakes so we know what to do once that time arrives. It’s called being a pony.

Luna:…

Snowheart: You kept thinking 'What can I do to prevent myself from becoming Nightmare Moon? What can I do to punish myself?' But, you need to realize something. It is done. It is all done. For once, please, let yourself relax with that fact.

Luna:…sniff

Snowheart: It’s okay. Let it out, Luna.