• Published 27th Oct 2015
  • 341 Views, 2 Comments

Managing the Rainbooms - Chaos_bringer



The popularity of the Rainbooms has grown too far... even for the girls to handle, so when the new boy at Canterlot high offers to be there manager; how could they say no.

  • ...
 2
 341

Prologue

It had been nearly an entire day since Ash's journey had begun; his legs were uncomfortable from their position squashed up against all the bags and other pieces of luggage that had been crammed into the back of the car along with himself. He was hungry, tired and worst of all he already missed his town, he still heard the voices of his friend’s throughout his mind knowing that he wouldn't be hearing them again for a very long time. Glancing out the car window he watched as the landscape flew past him, trees and fields soared by in a blur. "How much further is this 'Canterlot' anyway?"
Ash asked his tone of voice carrying with it a groan.

Ash’s mother Alice, who was sitting in the front passenger seat turned her head back to see the utter boredom and overall tired expression on her son’s face. She felt sorrier for him in this situation than anyone else, though few had liked the idea of them moving to begin with. Ash was only sixteen and in such a crucial time in a young man’s life he had been stripped away from his friends, school and the only home he had ever really known. Now on his way to some far off unknown place that was most likely going to spend all his time despising; Alice just wanted her son to grow up happily and achieve all through his life. That could all be put at jeopardy now.
Alice sighed “It shouldn’t be too much longer now Ash… maybe a few more hours,”
she replied consulting the map.

Ash groaned yet again turning his attention back towards the passing countryside, it wasn’t that he didn’t believe what his mother was telling him, but more to do with not being able to last in this car for another five minutes let alone five hours. The sun was setting over the horizon casting long dark shadows under everything the light touched; looking across the scene seeing pink skies melt together with orange burnt clouds made Ash feel a little better for nothing should be allowed to spoil the serenity of the scene before him. Ash pulled his I pod out of his pocket and putting headphones in each of his ears begun to play some calming music in a hope to put himself to sleep for the last leg of his trip. Fortunately for him it worked as he slept the Sun sank pulling the world into darkness. Only to be reborn into a new light, the light of the moon and it was in this light that six familiar girls were preparing for a very busy night.

~ The Rainbooms ~

Waiting patiently in their latest performance venue ‘Canterlot Performance club’ a small but popular rental joint in which a manner of different occasions could take place. The Rainbooms sat in one of the many backstage band waiting zones; each one complete with mirrors, a small closet, six chairs and a table (*Very* glamorous conditions). Each member of the band was busying themselves with something to evade boredom; Applejack and Rainbow Dash were checking over their instruments while Rarity dashed about from person to person examining there outfits with great precision and effort. Lastly was Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Sunset shimmer chatting to one another in anticipation. Pinkie being her usual bubbly self, speaking the most; whilst still allowing Sunset to participate and Fluttershy adding quiet words every now and again.

“gotta say this place is pretty sweet and gonna be hella’ lot sweeter once we get on that stage; Hey Sunset how did you get us this gig anyway?” Rainbow dash asked her reformed friend; the question quickly having an impact as all faces turned onto Sunset with looks of sudden curiosity.

“Well it wasn’t easy for one thing; honestly I’m surprised tonight has gone this smoothly so far,” Sunset confessed looking at them all sincerely.

“Oh? An’ how’s that?” Applejack asked looking up from her base guitar.

Sunset looked into the eyes of each of her friends and sighed “It’s just we’ve been getting so many requests lately and with all my school work on top of practice my organization is kinda –“

“RAINBOOMS! What are you doing here?”

The dressing room door had been unceremoniously flung open to reveal a tall, slender looking blonde young girl who was not much older than the Rainbooms. Behind her just outside the door was a heavily built man wearing a suit and sunglasses as well as their schools photography legend: Photo Finish. The blonde girl wore stylish clothes that looked so designer it would make Rarity’s jaw drop to the ground – and did. Her eyes were sharp and surrounded by eyeliner, nails pampered and manicured and yet still resembled talons; she was wearing a tight red and black dress that did a good job showing off her bodies features. Five Rainbooms stared at her bewildered; four of them wondering what she was doing there and one simply astonished by her looks. Once snapped out of there stupor Sunset stepped up to take control of the situation as she normally would.

“Umm, excuse me miss; but none of us know what you’re taking about.” The girl’s eyes narrowed as slowly an uncomfortable and unpleasant smirk spread across her face as she placed one hand on her hip.

“Hm, guess for a group of such good, good, good friends you don’t know how to communicate very well,” Sunset just looked at her confused “wow you really don’t know huh? ONE of you knows why I’m here.”

Around the room there were shared looks of confusion between the Rainbooms, each looking to another for answers. Until slowly it dawned on them one Rainboom was missing all eyes scanned the room finally noticing Rainbow Dash being unusually quiet, sat down staring at the wall trying to remain out of sight; making herself as small as possible. “Rainbow...” Sunset started but unable to finish as Dash jolted up facing her friends.

“It wasn’t my fault! I didn’t know we had this gig tonight and it seemed like such a great opportunity for us at the time! I mean helping us make a demo cd while we’re still popular is an awesome offer that I couldn’t just pass up so I didn’t discuss it with you guys but once I knew we had this gig I thought Kiki wouldn’t mind and I’d just explain her why we didn’t show up tomorrow!” Rainbow nearly collapsed from lack of breath saying all that so quickly but remained standing but heavily panting.

Sunset turned on the blonde girl with a raised eyebrow “So Kiki?”

“It’s Kiki Shenel and what Dash neglected to mention was you were also booked a spot at my father’s dance club tonight rather than this shabby dump; but clearly this was a mistake and the Rainbooms just aren’t what people think,”

“Now you wait jus’ a darn minute!” Applejack stood up taller raising her voice and striding towards Kiki ready to defend their honour.

“Applejack is quite right we are as good as anyone else and while maybe not reaching the standards of your father’s establishment the ‘Canterlot performance club’ has character, charm and well errm…” Rarity chipping in but then stated to lose pace.

“Cupcakes!” Pinkie finished. As everyone looked at pinkie for her sudden outburst a man dressed in all black carrying a clip board poked his head into the dressing room.

“Rainbooms you’re on in five!” he yelled immediately disappearing as quickly as he appeared.
“C’mon guys we’ve got a show to give ta these people,” Rainbow exclaimed pushing past Kiki brandishing her instrument in hand followed by five others. As she left the dressing room Sunset felt her arm grasped only to see Kiki looking at her intently.

“You and your friends have potential; but I’m not sticking my neck out for you like this again. You have two weeks to organize yourselves and work out if you want my help or not until that time don’t contact me.” Kiki finished releasing Sunset from her grasp and strutting off; Photo and the suit hot on her tail.

Sunset quickly caught up with her friends having finally left the dressing room for the stage eager for their turn to go on and show off their skills (while avoiding any magical use of course). The stage of the club looked down to a small floor for eager patrons to dance, rave and sing along to their hearts content; while small tables filled the room’s edges. Loud cheers ensued as The Rainbooms made their way onto stage a single thought buzzing in Sunset’s mind. “We need a manager.”

~ Ash Blake ~

Ash’s snapped open suddenly only to be met with the dim glow of yellow street lights along with the night sky outside the car window. As he looked around dazed trying to work out what had woken him up he quickly realised that he didn’t care “Weird,” he thought to himself closing his eyes again “It’s like the universe just slapped me in the face or something.”