• Published 5th Sep 2015
  • 343 Views, 9 Comments

Diamonds And Time Travel - Chocolate Pony



Rarity is a young mare, about to go on the ride of her life!

  • ...
4
 9
 343

Terror And Confusion, Mix Too Well

It was now late at night in Ponyville. And all slept peacefully under Luna's night sky. But, that peace was temporary.

Rarity snored slightly as she slept. She cringed slightly in her sleep, as she heard the most disturbing of noise. It eventually got so loud, it woke her. Behind her sleeping mask, she could see a shadow looking over her.

"Sweetie Belle, go back to bed. It's late" Rarity groggily muttered.

When the shadow refused to disappear, she groaned in annoyance, taking off her mask. Once she caught sight of what was in front of her, she screamed in terror. It was impossible! It couldn't be!

The stone statue was hovering over her bed in a pouncing position. It's mouth was open, revealing terrifying stone fangs. The once beautiful statue, was now utterly horrifying! Rarity was frozen solid, unsure of what to do. That is, until another loud noise filled the air. Only, this was different.

The wind picked up, blowing Rarity's mane back. A bright light appeared, as a blue box followed. A very familiar stallion poked his head out of the door.

"Ah ha! I knew it would come alive during the night. Best time to do hunting really. Not that there's anything wrong with day time. It's just, nighttime is more appropriate. After all, that's when most enemies do their hunting. A little too typical if you ask me. I wonder if there's an enemy out there that comes out during the day only. That would be something" The one called, 'Doctor' rambled endlessly.

"Excuse me. I do hate to interrupt your, fine conversation. But, don't you think you should be doing something like, oh I don't know, HELPING ME!?" Rarity screeched.

"Oh! Right! Sorry. Got distracted. Happens a lot. Well, sometimes. Well, a little. Well, nevermind. Just, do exactly as I say. Slowly move off the bed, and get in the TARDIS. I'll keep watching it to make sure it doesn't come after you. Alright?" He asked.

Rarity nodded gently. Although she didn't know this stallion, and thought he was slightly insane, she still obeyed. After having gotten out of the bed, she walked backwards towards him, nearly bumping into him. The statue remained in the same position, for now.

"What now?" Rarity whimpered.

"Now, we run!" He exclaimed, grabbing Rarity's hoof.

She blushed slightly as he rushed her inside the blue box. Wait, what? How were they gonna fit- Dear sweet Celestia! Was she seeing things? Or was this real? Rarity backed up, ending up on her butt.

"I-It's...it's" She stuttered.

"Bigger on the inside. Fascinating, right?" The Doctor sarcastically finished.

A loud banging sound interrupted his sarcasm. It seemed the statue was attempting to enter. But, there was no way it could. The TARDIS had already automatically locked her doors. It did, though, remind Rarity of something.

"Doctor! My sister! She's still-" Rarity was cut off.

"Taken care of" He replied, walking up the steps to a console of some sort.

"Hey, Rarity!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, spinning in nauseating circles in a swivel chair.

The doctor flipped a few switched and started up the...box. Rarity had mustered the courage to walk up the steps, sitting on another chair. She was still attempting to grasp the situation. But, she did her best to look dignified, and began asking questions.

"So, what in Celestia's name was that thing!? Where are we!? And who exactly are you!?" Rarity demanded to know.

"Well it's quite simple really. We me it's simple. For you it'd probably be-" He began, but was quickly cut off.

"I swear by Celestia's mane, if you start rambling again, I'll punch you so hard, Celestia's ancestors will feel the pain! Now, answer my questions!" She screamed, backing him against the railing.

"Ok. 1. That creature was known as a weeping angel. A deadly creature. And I should know. I've raced them many times. 2. You're in the TARDIS. That means, 'Time And Relative Dimension In Space. Got that? Good. 3. I'm the Doctor. I travel through time, save planets and races, fight evil features, etc. Pretty much a super hero for the universe. Impressive, I know."

The Doctor smiled brightly, nearly blinding the mare still glaring at him. Rarity backed off a little, still suspicious. But, he did seem to know what he was talking about. Hopefully.

"Ok. I believe you. Here's number 4. Can you help me and my sister, and get rid of those... angels?" She asked, hugging Sweetie's shoulders.

The Doctor swished his tail, holding his head high. "Thought you'd never ask."