• Published 1st Nov 2015
  • 1,841 Views, 68 Comments

The Blueblood Chronicles - No One and Nobody



What if there was a reason that Blueblood was a jerk? Sometimes things aren't always what they seem you know. This logic applies to ponies as well.

  • ...
9
 68
 1,841

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 At the Gala… Again!

A scream resounded throughout Ponyville.

“What’s the matter Darling?” Rarity asked as she and Fluttershy burst into the castle, where the screams were coming from. Today was their spa day and Fluttershy still had dabs of green facial cream on her face. Rarity had curlers in her hair.

“Do you have an assignment that’s overdue to the princess?” Fluttershy queried.

“Or did my little Spikey-Wikey get himself into trouble again?” Rarity asked.

Before Twilight, surrounded by a purple-ish glow, was a letter marked with the royal seal.

“No girls,” Twilight answered, “It’s much, much worse. You know with my newfound role as a princess I have many new responsibilities. Well, in light of our recent defeat of Tryek, Princess Celestia has requested not only for me, but all of us to attend the Grand Galloping Gala at Canterlot… Again!”

Fluttershy’s mouth dropped open and Rarity fainted in shock.

“WHAT?!?!?!” came a voice out of nowhere.

Twilight looked out of her window to find Rainbow Dash spying on them. Applejack stood guiltily beside her.

“You could have come right in, you know that right?” Twilight asked as she opened the door to let them in.

“We didn’t think about that,” Applejack said.

“Do we have to go to the Gala?” said Pinkie as she repelled off of the side of Twilight’s castle.

“Yes,” Twilight said, “Princess Celestia writes that all the ponies in Canterlot high society want to meet the ponies who beat Tyrek.”

“I can’t really blame them,” Rainbow Dash said, “After all, we ARE awesome. Mostly me though.”

“Well,” Rarity said as Fluttershy helped her up onto her hooves, “The high society part sounds exciting but will he be there?”

“He is a prince Rarity,” Twilight answered.

“I don’t want to go,” Pinkie said with a groan, “None of those ponies know how to party Pinkie style!”

“And the animals aren’t the most friendly of cute woodland creatures I’ve met. Plus, the last time I went, I wasn’t a very nice pony.”

“The Wonderbolts are too crowded to even notice my awesomeness!”

“And them high and mighty Canterlot snobs all ruined their appetites on them fancy treats they had last time. I only made one sale.”

“And might I mention that Prince Blueblood is an absolute JERK! I mean I know he’s a prince and all but he was downright rude!”

“I know, I know ponies,” Twilight interrupted, “And the Princess had no time to talk to me. But this is just something we need to do.”

The ponies all let out a huge groan.

“Look,” Twilight said, looking on the bright side, “We can all spend the evening together.”

“Well I suppose that is true,” Rarity said, “But if he comes anywhere near me I’ll scream.”

“Hey,” Applejack said, “Did Spike get an invite? I only see six tickets.”

“He did get one. But he sent it back because he didn’t want any part of this, ‘girly froo-froo nonsense’, and since he’s not an element bearer, his presence isn’t required.”

“Well,” Applejack said, “That’s sticking by your friends through thick and thin. But I probably would have done the same thing if I had had the chance.”

“Wait until he finds out that they have a partial jewel buffet this year. It said so in the invite.”

“Well, I best get started,” Rarity said, “Designing I mean. Just because we are being forced to go doesn’t mean we should look unfashionable. I’ll tell you all when you can come try on your new gowns.”

“Uh, Rarity,” Applejack queried, “Why can’t we just wear our duds from last year?”

“Applejack!” Rarity exclaimed, horror flashing across her face, “We can’t wear the same thing to the Grand Galloping Gala! Those dresses are out of style and old!”

“Yeah old,” Applejack muttered under her breath, “After all, they’ve only been worn twice!”

“You all can be over at my boutique tomorrow to try on your splendid new outfits correct?”

“I suppose,” Applejack said, rolling her eyes, “But are you sure you can do that all in one day?”

“Darling, this is what I do. I can design an ensemble in no time flat! See you girls tomorrow.”

Rarity turned and headed for her home, already designing in her mind her friend’s new outfits.

“Why don’t we, instead of all going, do this,” Pinkie said, “One of us will attend the gala with five costumes that each resemble one of us. Then they can just do a whole lot of quick costume changes and pretend to be all of us at once!”

The ponies stared at her with looks of skepticism.

“And just exactly who is goin’ to do this? You?” Applejack asked the over-excited pink mare.

“I was thinking Twilight could do it,” Pinkie said, smiling.

“No Pinkie,” Twilight said, “We all have to go. But at least we won’t waste half our evening trying to live out our dream like last time. We can all just spend the night together.”

“Fine,” said Pinkie with a pouty expression, “But can I still dress up as you girls?”


Two months later and it was the night of The Grand Galloping Gala. All of the friends had gathered at Rarity’s house to prepare for the party. They were all ready but none of them were happy.

“You know it’s not too late for my plan,” Pinkie said as she fiddled with Rarity’s lipstick, “I know an all-night costume shop.”

“I’m afraid it won’t work,” Twilight Sparkle said, “We need to get to the train station to catch the train to Canterlot. Come on everypony!”

The ponies headed off to the train station and boarded the train.


“Welcome Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rarity. I’m very pleased you could come,” Celestia said to the ponies who had just arrived.

“Hello Princess Celestia,” Twilight Sparkle said to her beloved teacher, “We’re here.”

“Well I hope you enjoy you enjoy yourselves,” Celestia said.

“We won’t,” Rarity mumbled to Twilight Sparkle as they walked away.

“Well what do we do now?!?!” Pinkie bawled to her friends, observing the ponies standing around listening to the quartet in the front of the room, “Nopony here likes to party. This is going to be SO BORING!!!”

“Boring?” A pony said in a fancy outfit, “I should hope not Ms. Pie,”

“HUH???” Pinkie asked, bewildered.

“Why we even hired a DJ to uh… drop the beat for you,” The pony said.

“HUH?????” Pinkie reiterated, even more bewildered.

“Umm… Drop the beat DJ PON-3!” The pony yelled.

Vinyl Scratch began pumping a heavy down beat through her DJ booth. Laser lights shot around the room in intricate designs. Ponies stood around for a moment, then, began bopping their heads and dancing.

“What happened to everypony?” Pinkie asked, feeling more bewildered than ever before, “Where are all the boring ponies from last year?”

“I don’t know,” Octavia said as she, Lyra and the rest of the band walked past them, leaving the castle, “But I wish they would return.They said it would be a short engagement but I didn’t think it would be this short! I barely had time to unpack my cello. If things like this continue, I won’t have enough bits to pay my room rent.”

“Well I’m glad it’s over,” Lyra said, “Now I can escape before Princess Celestia finds out I’m here,” She ran out of the castle, her lyre encased in a magical glow, “This would be so much easier with hands.”

“Conspiracy theorists,” Octavia said, rolling her eyes.

Octavia picked up her cello and left, the other musicians following close behind.

“That’s such a shame,” Rarity said, watching Octavia leave.

“WHHHEEEEEEEE!” Pinkie hollered, jumping into the fray of dancing ponies.

“Hey Rainbow Dash,” Spitfire said, flying over from where she and the Wonderbolts were, “We were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us.”

“The ‘squeak’ WONDERBOLTS?!?!” Rainbow Dash said, jumping into the air. Then, landing and regaining her cool she said, “Yeah, sure.”

“Great,” Spitfire said, “Follow me.”

Spitfire flew back over to her team with Rainbow Dash in hot pursuit.

“It’s quite odd don’t you think?” Rarity asked, watching Rainbow and Pinkie, “Everypony is being a lot friendlier this year.”

“I don’t understand it either,” Twilight said.

“Hello,” said a green unicorn with a leaf for a cutie mark as he and a group of ponies approached Fluttershy, “You must be Fluttershy,”

“Ummm… yes,” Fluttershy murmured, shying away.

“Swell,” said a purple Pegasus, “We were wondering if, like, you’d like to join us. We were going to, like, go out into the gardens. Wanna, like, come?”

“I don’t know,” Fluttershy said, hiding her face behind her mane, “I tried that last year. The animals aren’t very friendly out there.”

“Oh but of course they're friendly,” said the green stallion, “You just probably didn’t approach them correctly… Uh not that you’re incompetent when it comes to animals, I’m sure you’re very competent. We just wanted to invite you.”

“I guess so,” Fluttershy said, following her new friends.

“I’m Leif,” said the green stallion, “And this is Orchid.”

“A pleasure,” Fluttershy said, “I’m Fluttershy.”

“We already, like, know that Dudette,” said Orchid, rolling her eyes.

Leif prodded his friend and she spluttered, “But, uh… we don’t mind, like, at all.”

“Thank you,” Fluttershy said, “That’s very kind of you.”

“Fer sure,” Orchid said.

“That too,” Fluttershy said, eyeing Orchid quizzically.

Fluttershy, Leif, Orchid and the rest of the group left the hall, headed for the garden.

“Well,” Rarity said, “Can they get any more obvious?”

“Hi Applejack,” another pony said, “Did you bring those delectable goodies again?”

“Uh… No,” Applejack said, confused.

“Awwwww,” said the pony, “I was hoping to buy from you again this year.”

“Hate to disappoint you Sugarcube,” Applejack said, “But I only made two sales last year and they were to Soarin’ from the Wonderbolts and Rarity.”

“Well you must have forgotten me then,” said the pony, “For I distinctly remember buying a blueberry cobbler from you last year. It was the most amazing thing I had ever tasted in my life! I wanted the recipe but I couldn’t find you. I was so hoping you would bring them again this year.”

“Uh, I don’t sell blueberry cobbler,” Applejack said, “Applejack. Apples. Get the meanin'?”

“Blueberry? Who said blueberry?” the stallion said, “I remember I said apple. You must have misheard me.”

He led Applejack away talking about apples and farm stuff.

“They can,” Rarity said.

“Can what?” Twilight asked.

“Get more obvious,” Rarity said.

“Yeah,” Twilight said.

“Hey Twilight,” Pinkie said, bounding over from the dance floor with a lampshade on her head, “You should go find Princess Celestia and Rarity should go find Prince Blueblood.”

“Why in heavens name would I do something like that, Pinkie?” Rarity asked, her head bopping up and down as she attempted to watch her hyper pink friend jump up and down.

“Yeah Pinkie?” Twilight said.

“Because if I know story plots like I do, this is going to be the ACTUAL best night ever!!!!!!!!! You should know that better than anypony Twilight. Being how much you read.”

Pinkie hopped back to the dance floor and Rarity and Twilight stared at each other for a moment.

“I’m going to go find Princess Celestia,” Twilight said, “Just to prove that Pinkie’s wrong.”

“She never is,” Rarity said sighing, “So I think I’ll go hide.”

“Why?”

“Because unless there is another Prince Blueblood I don’t want him to find me!”

Rarity then proceeded to duck under a table.

Twilight just smiled and walked out of the ball room to find Princess Celestia.


“Where is the Princess?” Twilight asked a guard as she entered the hall where Celestia had been minutes before.

“Which one?” the guard asked, bowing low, “You know we have quite a few now you know. Including you, you Highness,”

“Celestia,” Twilight said.

“She’s in the throne room with her nephew,” The guard said.

“Thank you,” Twilight said.

She left the entrance hall and hurried down the hall towards the throne room. As she approached the door, she heard muffled voices. She opened the door to find Celestia standing next to her nephew.

“That will be all Blueblood,” Celestia said to her nephew.

He nodded and turned to leave. Twilight glanced at him as he passed her by. His face looked different from last time. He looked older and more mature than last time. His face wasn’t so stuck up either.

“Hello Twilight,” said Celestia to her fellow Princess, “How can I help you?”

“Well I was wondering if we could talk,”

“About what?”

“Well… Magic, books, friendship, what I learned, anything really.”

“I’m afraid I am a little busy tonight Twilight.”

“I knew it.”

“Knew what?”

“Pinkie said it would be different this time, something about story plots.”

“Well I did ask you all to attend with a hidden intention. Come along.”

Celestia walked out of the hall with Twilight following her, confused.


“Ms. Rarity,” Blueblood said, searching the room for the lovely unicorn who hid under the table he stood next to, “Are you around here?”

Rarity then made the mistake and dashed to the door.

“Ms. Rarity!” Blueblood yelled, “Please wait!”

Rarity ran out of the room into the entrance hall, passing Celestia and Twilight.

“Rarity!” Twilight said, grabbing her friend with a spell, “What are you running from?”

“HIM!” Rarity shrieked.

“WHO?” asked Twilight.

“That’s Whooves,” said a brown pony in a huge hat walking past with a gray mare, “And that’s Doctor please.”

“Who are you hiding from Rarity?” Twilight asked again.

“I already told you… HIM!” Rarity yelled, this time pointing a hoof at the door where Blueblood stood.

With a glum look, he turned to leave.

“Blueblood, no,” Celestia called to her fleeing nephew, “Please stay,” Then, turning to Twilight and Rarity she said, “You see Rarity and Twilight, I asked you and your friends here to prove a point. About how ponies can change,” she nodded to Blueblood, “And how some will change to get what they want.”

She glanced into the ball room at the ponies.


“Oh look at the cockatoo,” Fluttershy said, pointing a hoof at the graceful bird perched on a branch overhead, “And ‘Gasp!’ is that a buzzard that really buzzes?”

They all followed the buzzing sound to find the gardener pony pushing a lawnmower.

“Hello again Ms. Fluttershy,” he said, “Haven’t seen you since last time.”

“Hello,” Fluttershy said.

“Oh look Fluttershy,” Flora said, pointing to her twin sister, Fauna, “Isn’t that a red-crested sparrow?”

“Yes,” Fluttershy said, “But isn’t Fauna holding it down against its will?”

“Oh no,” Flora said, “Fauna’s just… uh… hugging it.”

“Hello little guy,” Fluttershy said to the sparrow Fauna had in her grip.

“Cheep cheep!” the bird squawked frantically.

“GASP! Flora, Mr. Red-crest told me Fauna IS holding him down against his will. How could you hold down a helpless little animal?” Fluttershy said, getting more and more annoyed.

“Well…” Flora said, nervously, “We just… Umm… Leif?”

“We just wanted you to be happy Fluttershy,” Leif said.

“How am I supposed to be happy that your harming these cute, little, furry animals?!?!” Fluttershy yelled as loudly as she could, which wasn’t very loud.

“Well…” Leif said, unable to answer.

“Goodbye,” Fluttershy said, flying out of the castle gardens.


“So Rainbow Dash,” Spitfire said, sipping her punch, “Have you learned any new tricks lately?”

“A few,” Rainbow said, “But mostly just perfecting my old moves. I could outrace you any day of the week now, Ma’am.”

“Oh please Rainbow, there’s no need to be so formal. Call me Spitfire.”

“Sure thing Ma- Spitfire.”

“So Rainbow, are you planning to come to Wonderbolts boot camp again this year?” Soarin’ asked.

“Maybe,” Rainbow said, “If I get in.”

“Oh there’s no doubt that you’ll get in,” Spitfire said, patting her on the back, “You’re the best flier to ever come out of Cloudsdale. Am I wrong?”

“No,” Rainbow said, removing Spitfire’s hoof from her back, “I am the best. But why are you mentioning it so much?”

“We haven’t mentioned it hardly at all,” Fleetfoot said.

“Seventeen times since you invited me over,” Rainbow said, one eyebrow raised, “You don’t need to keep telling me. I already know I’m awesome!”

“We just want to make sure your happy,” Spitfire said.

“Why?”

“Well…”

“This isn’t about hanging out is it?”

“Of course it is.”

“No it’s not. You want something. Well, what is it?”

Spitfire sighed.

“It’s nothing.”

“Tryek?”

“Yes,” Spitfire said, a little surprised, “Ever since you ponies beat Tyrek, anypony who knows you is automatically on the top of Canterlot high society.”

“So you used me?” Rainbow said with a glare.

Spitfire sighed again.

“Yes.”

“Well this friendship is officially over. This is three times I’ve found you not caring about any other ponies except yourselves. At training for the Equestria games, Flight camp and now here. Do you ever learn?”

Rainbow Dash darted away, leaving the Wonderbolts ashamed of their behavior.


“Look here Sugarcube,” Applejack said to the stallion who held a death grip on her hoof, “I think we’ve talked all there is to talk about apples, farming and such. I best be going.”

“Oh no Applejack,” the stallion said, “I have so much more to discuss with you. There are ponies I’d like you to meet. But here’s another question. How do you know when the apples are ripe?”

“When they’re red,” Applejack answered, staring sarcastically at the stallion.

“Why, when there red,” said the stallion, laughing, "That is so amazing. What will they think of next?”

“Listen here Sugarcube,” Applejack started.

“Orville,” the stallion said.

“Orville,” Applejack corrected herself, “Well looke here Orville, I don’t think that you really care all that much about apples. If you did, I’d expect you to know more about ‘em.”

“Well maybe I don’t know that much about apples,” Orville said, “But I’m sure there are other things we have in common. Do you enjoy derby’s? Waterskiing? Oh, how about polo?”

“Uh, no.” Applejack said, “And I think I’d best be goin’. It was nice meetin’ ya’.”

Applejack turned and ran.

“Blast,” Orville said, watching Applejack flee.


“WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!” screamed Pinkie as she hopped up and down on the dance floor, “THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! DO YOU WANNA JOIN ME STUFFY?”

“Please Ms. Pie,” Stuffy said, “I prefer the title Countess Stephanie Von Stuffyhoof. But uhh… that doesn’t matter, whatever you want to call me is fine.”

“OH YEAH!!!!!!!!” Pinkie hollered, “WELL DO YOU WANNA DANCE COUNTESS STEPHANIE VON STUFFYHOOF?”

“Quite, Ms. Pie, quite.”

Stephanie stepped out onto the dance floor and began swaying delicately.

“Awww come on Stuffanie,” Pinkie said, bopping Stephanie’s head up and down, “Feel the beat,”

“I’m feeling it Ms. Pie. Now if you will kindly remove your hoof from the back of my head.”

“Sorry,” Pinkie said, letting go of Stephanie and resuming the party.

Pinkie’s attention was drawn to Fluttershy, who ran crying into the entrance hall.

“Oh I gotta go Stephanie,” she said to her newfound friend, “My friend Fluttershy needs me.”

“Oh no she doesn’t Ms. Pie,” Stephanie said, grabbing Pinkie’s hoof.

Pinkie noticed Rainbow Dash leave the room in a huff soon followed by Applejack who ran through looking very concerned.

“Sorry Stephanie,” she said, “But it looks like my friends need me and I feel like I need to enter the next room for the story to continue.”

Pinkie hopped away from a very confused Countess Stephanie Von Stuffyhoof.


“Anyway,” Princess Celestia said drawing her attention away from the ballroom door, “I asked Rarity to stay because Prince Blueblood has something to ask you.”

At that moment, Fluttershy ran in sobbing. She was followed closely by Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

“Are you girls alright?” Twilight asked.

“NO!” Applejack, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash said in unison.

“Yes,” Pinkie said, “This was very fun.”

“Ms. Rarity,” Blueblood said, looking into Rarity’s eyes, “I wanted to apologize for my behavior the last time you were here. It was very rude and inexcusable but I was hoping you would find it in your heart to forgive me and possibly, except my friendship.”

The ponies held their breath and leaned in to hear Rarity’s response.

“Prince Blueblood,” Rarity said, “There is no way I could possibly forgive you for last year! You were absolutely beastly! You shielded yourself from that falling cake with me! You threw my shawl into the puddle and you made me open all the doors for YOU! Why you’re nothing but a… a…”

Rarity bit her lip as she searched for the right word.

“Snob?” Rainbow offered.

“Jerk?” Applejack said.

“Ooh, ooh, ooh, how about a Snerk?” Pinkie said, hopping up and down, “That’s a combination of snob and jerk!”

“She’s right,” Rarity said, “YOU, Blueblood, are nothing but a SNERK!”

Blueblood stared at her for a moment and then ran from the room, dejected and defeated.

“Good fer you, Rarity,” Applejack said, patting her friend on the back.

Rarity drew her piercing gaze away from where Blueblood had just been to come muzzle-to-muzzle with Princess Celestia. She didn’t look very pleased.

“Come with me,” she said.

Then she turned and walked out of the entrance hall and headed back to the throne room. Rarity looked quizzically at her friends before they all followed her.

Walking down the hall outlined by stained glass windows depicting important points in pony history, Celestia began.

“Let me tell you ponies a tale that begins many years ago. Before the reign of Sombra and Nightmare Moon. This story begins with the birth of a colt. A colt named Blueblood.”