• Published 2nd Oct 2015
  • 185 Views, 0 Comments

Star Core Chronicles - crazypony300



Star Core is somepony who likes making up stories. She has a notebook which lists them all. One day, she stumbles upon a strange notebook. Since she wants to, she writes in it.

  • ...
 0
 185

Prolouge: The Strange Notebook

Star Core Chronicles

Star Core levitated the quill from her saddlebag. She also took out her notebook. With a sigh, she started to write.

Majara had finally settled down after her last fight with Gemette. They have been fighting for a while now, forgetting their friendship in the past. Kala was getting in their way again. It was because of her they fought.

There was a call from downstairs, breaking Star's train of thought. She let out another sigh before proceeding downstairs.

"What is it?"

Star opened the door. There was a mailmare with a package in her hooves.

"Uh, are you Ms. Star Core?" The mailmare asked.

"Yes."

"This is for you." The mailmare handed her the box. She also took out a pen and a clipboard. "Just sign here." Star rolled her eyes but signed it anyway. "Thank you!" the mailmare said. Annoyed, Star gave a small smile then slammed the door on the mailmare's face. The mailmare scoffed behind the door and walked away. "What a meany pants...."

"Finally, that's over." Star was relieved. However, she also wanted to see what was in the box. She raced upstairs, holding the box with her magic. After she settled the box onto a table, she began to read who it was from. The card said:

Hello, Star Core!

I hope you like my little present for you. I found it in my attic and thought it was for your own benefit. Use it well!

From, Gramma

She felt tears sting her eyes. "Oh, Gramma...... I miss you so much." Her grandmother lived in Manehattan while she lived in Canterlot. Her grandmother is her only living relative, apart from her sister, Brush, but they have been separated for six years. Star wiped the tears away and concentrated on the box. She got a cutter from the table (Why is it just lying there?) and started to cut away the masking tape that held it in place. Inside lay a small notebook. About the size of her notebook, at least. And purple. The notebook had a rather purplish hue to it. She picked it up and studied it carefully. Its pages were blank except for lines to write on. Star picked up her quill, took a deep breath and started to write.

Far Better Memories

Scarlet Silver is a new colt at school. He is very attractive, according to the fillies, and awesome, according to the colts.

One day, Scarlet was walking home from school. Suddenly, a filly named Majara called out to him. “Hey! You're the one they kept talking about at school, right?” She examined him closely then put a hoof on her chin. “I don't see why.” Scarlet remained silent. He actually likes this filly. “Hey! I'm talking to you.” Majara nudges him playfully. Scarlet sighs deeply before nodding. Majara then notices his cheeks become red. “O-oh…w-well, see ya!” she said before running off.

The doorbell rang again. Now who?, Star thought as she went down to open it. Her sister came bursting through the door, knocking Star down. Star shot her a glare while Brush put on the most innocent face she could think of. “Wouldn't you want to say something?”

“Oh, right. Afternoon, missy.” Brush said in a Western accent. Star raised her eyebrow at this. “So? What'd ya think? Was it good?”

“A bit. What did you do at school and came home talking like that?”

“Miss Feather-what's-her-name told us we were going to have a Western Accent Day, where everypony should talk in a western accent, duh. So, I thought it would be good if I practiced now.”

Star nodded her head in understanding. “Now, what would ya like for dinner?” she played along.

“How 'bout chicken legs with some oats?” Brush giggled.

“Nice! C'mon, let's head to The Rusty Barnyard. Feels like a good place to speak like this.” Star said, still not dropping the accent. Brush nodded but suddenly held up her hoof.

"I still need to leave my saddlebags here, ya know." Brush motioned to her bags.

"Okay, okay. I'm gonna get more bits, just in case." Star said, following Brush. "When you're done, just wait for me outside."

A few minutes later, Brush was eating some Hay Fries while Star was just waiting for her meal.

"So, what happened at school today?" Star asked eagerly.

Brush blushed slightly. "Uh, remember the new colt I told you about?" she leaned in. "Well, I think he likes me."

"Whaaaa....?!" That was exactly like her story. Star almost fainted.

***

After dinner, Star and Brush went back to the house, though Star was almost practically running. Brush used teleportation spells just to catch up.

When they arrived, Brush was sweating like crazy, not only because of trying to catch up with her sister, but also because of the several attempts to use a teleportation spell. Some were successful, others were... not. Anyways, Star Core did not mind that she was also sweating and ran upstairs. She got the notebook from her desk and cast an Examination Spell on it. The spell spoke in her mind.

"Product: Magic Notebook. Location: Canterlot. Does: makes anything wrote in it real at least relative to who or what wrote it. Legit."

Star Core smiled. She wished for so long to make her stories real. It was a dream come true.

"Hey, Star. Why were you running like crazy? It was a good thing, though. I got to practice my teleportation spells." Brush walked into her sister's room.

Star facehoofed. She completely forgot about her sister.

"It was nothing, sis! I was just worried I didn't lock the door. You can go do your homework now." It wasn't actually lying. She did worry.

Brush just gave a shrug and left. It was probably a new story her sister was eager to finish.

"You know, you should get some sunlight. You're just staying here inside, like a vampony." Star heard the door slam shut after her sister said those fifteen words or sixty-something letters.

"Time to write something that could benefit me." Star Core ripped te first page to shreds then she levitated her quill again, let out her signature sigh, and started to write.