• Published 23rd Aug 2015
  • 768 Views, 5 Comments

The Keepers of The Balance - Steven1992



It's Sarius' job to keep the Balance of Reality. It's not easy and being thrown into a world where all the rules change makes it that much harder. This time things get more crazy as time goes by with him there.

  • ...
16
 5
 768

Prologue (Revised): Explaining the Key Points

Author's Note:

I revised the prologue and in the process of revising the first 5 chapters, at the moment of making this author note. I decided to upload the revised prologue since the old one will be attached to the beginning of the first revised chapter.

I will change the five chapters once I'm done with them so I can update all of them at the same time.

They say life in the universe began with a Big Bang, but that’s only half the truth. In the beginning, there were a group of Primordial Deities that each represented a single aspect of Reality. Life, Death, Creation, Destruction, and natural elements are some examples.

These Deities are far different from Gods. Gods can die and be reborn again, but Deities can’t die under normal conditions and while killing Gods oftentimes poses no problems or consequences. Killing Deities is completely out of the question because killing a Deity unleashes what they represent onto Reality and until another takes the place of the Deity the aspect will run rampant wiping all life and upsetting the Balance.

Two such Deities Naturus, otherwise known as Mother Nature, and Asgroth, who is later known by many different names, created and started Reality. Asgroth the Deity of Creation, created the planets, stars, moons, and galaxies while Naturus the Deity of Life, gave birth to the living creatures, plants, and other living organisms of Reality. The Deities that represent each of the Elements did their part in making the planets, moons, stars, and galaxies hospitable and suitable for sustaining life as well as creating their own forms of living organisms. Very soon everything, in Reality, was born and started their lives.

But the Deities weren’t the only beings around at that time, there was also a group called The Watchers. The sole job of the Watchers is to observe, record, and ensure Balance was maintained. The Watchers were not to interfere with the workings of Reality under any circumstance but could do so if the situation was dire. Every universe, in Reality, has at least one Watcher monitoring it. There is one Watcher above the rest known as the Elder Watcher that helps watch over all of Reality with the other Watchers and is the one that determines if the Keepers of Balance need to be called upon to maintain Balance.

The Balance is a Boundless law expanding all of Reality that states; “There cannot be Light without Darkness, nor Darkness without Light. Just as Life is born so too must that Life succumb to Death and renew new Life. Balance must be maintained, neither good nor evil can hold control over the other. When the Balance is threatened the Keepers must be summoned to alter the weights in accordance. The Keepers must play the role necessary to fix the imbalance even if they don’t want to.”

Reality in its natural sense is a comprised web of various fictional worlds and universes separated by a void of nothing to prevent the worlds from merging together. These universes aren’t meant to interact or merge with each other for it would cause unforeseen chaotic effects that may be irreversible. But power or beings that are able to affect the foundations of Reality can potentially connect universes together for a brief period of time. No being has ever tried to perform this kind of feat. After all, even if they don’t know it everything in Reality, has that natural instinct not to mess around with powers and beings they know absolutely nothing about. Some choose to ignore this primal instinct.

Energtris, the source, and origin of all energy in the web of Reality. Some have theorized whether energy has no base origin and can just be morphed or changed quite easily or if Energtris really is the source from which all energy stems from. Half of the former is true while the latter is entirely the truth. Energy in the purest sense is able to be converted and changed but it’s not as easy as one might think. One has to know the foundations of energy and the form to which you’re converting the energy to. Energtris however, can easily convert itself into other forms of energy because it’s the original source and Energtris does this naturally so there’s no need to know the different energy sources and how they differ from each other. Unless you want to make use of those different energy sources.

However while Energtris is the source and origin of all energy, this means it’s a very powerful raw force that should not be taken lightly. It takes a trained mind and body as well as an understanding of how Energtris and energy at its core works and how it is drawn out to use with little risks. But even then there are still risks. Energtris is fueled by emotion and losing control of those emotions will cause the user of this power to lose themself to it. On the flip side, intensifying the emotion and maintaining control will increase the power and amount of energy greatly. Another major risk is since Energtris is raw energy it is extremely volatile.

Energtris cannot be used by machinations or inorganic beings since a soul is required to produce emotions to control it. Instead, Energtris takes on a more focused but less powerful form acting as a fuel when implanted into such creations and unlike the organic counterparts, the energy isn’t replenished naturally and must be refueled. This form of Energtris can only be used as merely energy fuel and nothing more. Trying to convert it to its original form will result in it exploding since Energtris cannot return to its original form once it becomes fuel.

Energtris users have two very important weaknesses, Cobalt and Lapis, or energy depletion. Both will result in total power loss and render the user from accessing their energy. The only difference is how long the power loss will be in effect. Full energy depletion will require the user to wait until their energy fully recovers. Consuming substances that have high amounts of energy, like vegan products and pure water, help speed this up. This also helps with recovering energy faster in general. While being affected by Cobalt or Lapis only lasts for a certain amount of time from a couple of minutes, up to 2 hours at most depending on the duration of contact.

The extent and range of abilities, powers, skills, and usage of Energtris are practically endless since it’s literally limited to the user’s imagination. That being said every application of Energtris requires a certain amount of energy to effectively use it and have no limit to how powerful they can be. This will also force the users to be smart and observant of their own energy. Trying to use more energy than you can supply will either result in it failing outright or force you to use it at the current strength. Since Energtris users have no limit to what they can do, complete mastery of Energtris will make them Omnipotent. However, achieving complete mastery is impossible since there are so many different ways of using Energtris. It would take millions of years of practice and training to achieve this. Not to mention, to use the most powerful applications of Energtris demands a very large amount of energy, most often nearly all of the user’s energy.

But a user only needs to learn and master a few applications of Energtris that will make the users very powerful and difficult to defeat. Energized Healing, Energtris Shield, Quick Charge, Super Energtris State, Energy Booster, and Energtris Infusion. Mastering these could take 2 decades.

Energized Healing is an advanced healing factor and the rate of self-healing is based on how much energy the user puts into it, going from a slightly faster normal healing factor to either regrowing limbs or instant regeneration. The healing factor is deactivated the second the user doesn’t have enough energy to maintain it.

Energtris Shield is a materialized energy shield capable of blocking or absorbing any and all attacks and minimum energy is needed to activate it but the most use comes from absorbing attacks dealt that hit the shield.

Quick Charge is a technique that takes a small amount of energy and forces it to multiply many times completely replenishing the user’s energy to full but at the cost of less overall energy with each usage. This can be used up to 4 times before the user runs the risk of draining their energy supply to zero resulting in power loss.

Super Energtris State is the upgraded version of the Energtris State and instead of a sky blue aura, it’s a golden yellow aura. In this state the user’s energy is unlimited and the total energy supply is doubled. Using Quick Charge in this state will no longer lessen the overall energy and can be used more than 4 times. However, this state should only be used for an hour at most after which the user’s energy supply starts to drain till it drops to zero again resulting in power loss. The most major risk this state poses is overloading the user’s body with more energy than it can safely handle, resulting in potential self-destruction. Using Quick Charge when the energy starts to drain will drain it faster by a large amount. To achieve this state the user needs to be able to reach the 5th and final level of the Energtris state then breaking their limit.

Energy Booster is also a technique that enhances the user's power, speed, durability, resistance, and if they possess it, magic. Like with Energized Healing and Energtris Shield, applying more energy to this can increase the effects up to 2 times at least and 20 times at most. A large amount of energy is needed to enhance the effect and a small amount over time to maintain it and the amount increases the further the enhancement. The effects of the technique at maximum levels can only stay active for a few minutes before the body has to recover for a set amount of time in order to use it again, half an hour to 2 hours depending on the user. But lower levels of the enhancements can be sustained for a long time without the body needing to rest with enough practice and training. Booster can also be applied to others but requires the same amount of energy for each individual.

Energtris Infusion is taking the user’s energy and infusing it into a part of their body or anything outside of the body. The options are limited but still plentiful. Infusion to the body can be done in a variety of ways to increase strength, armor, or speed like using energy to harden the body part either for defense or increasing stunning power or force for a blow. Infusion can also be used to cover the arms into a sharp energy blade or create a shield. Infusion in anything outside the body varies on the object or organism. The user can use the same applications of armor and speed infusion for others. Infusion, by all means, can be considered a lesser but more precise version of Booster since instead of increasing all attributes at once, the user can enhance either a specific part of their or other's body. Even though Infusion is mostly used for increasing or encasing parts of the body, it can also be used to decrease or weaken as well.

Through a combination of these abilities, one can easily achieve the levels of a Deity in exchange for a vast amount of energy.

Energtris energy in its pure form is rare and only two known races out of all the races throughout Reality naturally possess this power. Dragons and Phoenixes.

Dragons are naturally and arguably the strongest creatures in all of Reality, even theorized to the possibility of either rivaling or surpassing Gods. Part of that almost godly power comes from Energtris energy. Some dragons have learned to use this natural source of energy. Dragons can live for hundreds or thousands of years because of Energtris.

Phoenixes are capable of performing incredible miracles such as almost perfect healing and doing feats that shouldn’t normally be possible for a bird. Phoenixes are well known for being able to be reborn from their own ashes that are produced from their deaths, essentially arguing Phoenixes are immortal creatures. This is all possible thanks to Energtris as their natural energy source.

Other beings from other races can possess Energtris as their natural energy source but it’s a rare case and not consistent, unlike dragons and phoenixes.

There was an event that nearly brought an end to all of Reality. The creation of an entity of pure negativity and darkness, Shivaden. An entity filled with nothing but hatred, anger, madness, and darkness. It started small but quickly became as large as a galaxy, consuming or destroying all that crossed its path. It eventually threatened all of Reality and all the Watchers, Asgorth, Naturus, and almost every Deity were forced to take action.

The battle lasted for weeks with several Watchers and the Keepers of Balance at that time dying. Shivaden never showed signs of weakening or losing so an unthinkable circumstance was brought about. Death herself interfered and tried killing Shivaden with a single swipe of her Mors Scythe but somehow through sheer hatred and anger towards all life, Shivaden was only split in half. But the half that was cut off faded to nothing and then every being present acted quickly to seal the other half somewhere that was brimming with positive energy. The seal would be used as a medium for the positive energy to slowly weaken and with high hopes, vanquish Shivaden over time.

New Keepers and new Watchers were sought out to rebalance everything, Naturus along with a heavily weakened Asgorth and the other Deities figured out a way to bring back everything that was destroyed since Shivaden’s awakening. This all took a year. Eventually, life in Reality returned to normal.

Asgorth, now known by Durlex, returned to his tower that rested just below the border between the stratosphere and mesosphere to live out the rest of his days. In that time he created the dragon race as a means of hopefully one day finding a suitable successor to take his place as Deity of Creation. As time went by he slowly grew weaker and weaker, his body never recovering from his battle with Shivaden and never will. When the Earth gave rise to the first Hemosapiens and they slowly evolved, the machinations they made began polluting the air of the planet especially in the high parts of the stratosphere for Durlex’s tower was. This pollution was quickening his inevitable death by making it hard for him to breathe. That was fortunately remedied later on by Sarius, Circe, and Tirean Trusdale who constructed an Energtris Barrier that turned the air inside it pure and clean.

Over time, most of the Watchers and Deities that survived Shivaden’s wrath slowly fell to memories but were never forgotten. However one Deity was affected by Shivaden’s influence, Tenebris the Deity of Darkness. The Deity was corrupted and lost control then guided by Shivaden’s will, sending the Deity to finish what Shivaden started. Starting with Durlex.

The Trusdale Triplets along with Kalia and Scáth managed to intersect the corrupted Deity. The battle was long and hard bringing the Hybrids to their limits. But through one last act, Circe and Tirean lent their energy and power to their brother, Sarius along with Kalia and Scáth doing the same. All this energy and power helped Sarius push past the limits of the fifth level of the Energtris State and achieve the Super Energtris State. This state proved to be a perfect match for the corrupted Deity and evened things out. Unfortunately, the Deity was only corrupted so Sarius couldn’t risk killing him and had to find a way to free him. Sarius managed to do so, barely managing to keep the Deity alive and keeping his own energy from running dry.

But the essence that corrupted the Deity wasn’t destroyed, it simply returned to where it came from. This piece of Shivaden found its way back to its main body and weakened the barrier seal that contained it. Now Shivaden was rousing, sensing the newfound weakness in its seal and looking to break free.