• Published 23rd Aug 2015
  • 240 Views, 0 Comments

"He" who watches - pixel3000nerd



Esmeralda has recently been experiencing strange sequence of events involving unexplainable things starting to take over her sanity. She decides to write everything that happens in her journal, "In case something happens to me..."

  • ...
 0
 240

Entry Logs #1

Entry log 1-1 (August 14th, 2015)

Nothing really interesting happened today. Other than the fact that I’ve been doing nothing but stare out the window. I live very close to the everfree forest and I can have a view of it out the window. All the tall trees and the darkness that envelops inside it. Ever since I was a little filly, I would go inside of the forest naturally with no fear, but I didn’t get too far away from my home either. My parents would warn me of not going into there. I don’t know, I’ve never found any of those “giant spooky creatures” as other ponies would describe, probably because I haven’t went deep enough. Since it's dark inside there, I would use a flashlight, but eventually learned the spell that shines my horn and can act as one. The furthest I got into the forest was when I would go visit a zebra named “Zecora”. I found her one day wondering out in the woods and my curiosity got the best of me, and I went after her. She seemed pretty creepy at first, but as I walked up to her, I noticed she’s just a normal zebra who lives here. Eventually I started visiting her to have a chat, or if one of my siblings or parents were sick, I would get Zecora to help me. Yea… anyways enough of boring old details of my fillyhood, back to the present. So I’ve done nothing but stare out into the forest through my window. Can’t remember why I did it at first. Something about it seemed odd. As mentioned before, I wasn’t scared of the forest, never was. But I would find the forest itself, especially when inside it, eerie and a bit spooky. After what seemed like minutes, I step away from the window and noticing the time. Three whole hours has passed. I thought it was just a few minutes… I went to the kitchen and got myself some snacks. Was going to cook something but really wasn’t that hungry. My appetite has been decreasing after certain events has been occurring. It’s hard for me to explain right now… probably will explain better in another entry. If something weird happens, I will write it here.

Entry log 1-2 (August 15th, 2015)

I slept great last night. What a miracle. It is not often I get good sleep like these. So today nothing spooky or out of place happened. I went over to the grocery store to buy some more food since my fridge was nearly empty, and the remaining stuff are already expired. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. How great that feels! After getting the grocery items organized at home, I decide to go out to the park. I arrive, and sit down underneath the shade of a tree by the hills. It’s my favorite place to be. Relaxing, especially with the soft fresh breeze blowing through. I look up at the sky, there were two Pegasus ponies taking out the clouds. They cleared the skies in seconds and they flew off for a race. Those two ponies are really competitive against each other. Heh… it’s funny. A did a small walk around and eventually as the sun was setting I went back home. For some odd reason, I felt like somepony was watching me while I was leaving the park. Meh, I’ve been feeling like this since a few weeks ago. Probably just my paranoia. Go figure. It’s pretty late now, I stayed up watching some television and checking my feed on twitter through my computer. I’m going to rest now. Got to work tomorrow.

Entry log 1-3 (August 16th, 2015)

So the weirdness couldn’t stop right. Yesterday was great, nothing strange. But today, the weird, non-logical events returned. Probably bad luck I guess. Of course, each event is different than the others. So I went to work at 8 am, as my usual schedule. I work at a book store with a fellow friend of mine, Silver. I’ve worked with her for quite a while, and we’ve known each other since middle school. I’m in-charge of attending the customers and other times organizing and making sure the stocks are in place. As I was working normally, I started feeling dizzy and Silver went up to me.

“You alright Emy?” she asked. Emy is a nickname she gave me back when we first met.

“H-huh? Yea I’m alright. Just a bit dizzy…” I responded, I did felt dizzy, but I didn’t wanted to stop working. I needed to work some extra hours to get bits, my rent bills are pretty high.

“Your nose is bleeding.” She pointed out. As she did, my eyes widen and I was frozen for a second.

I gently put my hoof on my nose and pull it away a bit. Indeed I was bleeding. Some drops of it fell on the floor. I went running towards the restroom and washed my hands and face. After drying off, I picked up a tissue and hold it up against my nose. The bleeding wasn’t fucking stopping… After some discussion with Silver, she sent me home. She said to not worry about me not working and that I can come back tomorrow and do the extra hours. A ten minutes walk to home, I arrived, bleeding hasn’t stopped. My tissue was filled completely with the blood and I went to the bathroom and washed my face again. Pointing this out now, I literally can’t remember anything after that. I spent about an hour in the bathroom and then I got out of there. My bleeding stopped at least… But I can’t remember that specific hour. I put my hoof on my chest and could feel my heart pounding. Something crazy must have gone there… I don’t even want to think about it. I could have sworn that at the very corner of my eye at that moment, I saw a shadow move out the window. A fucking shadow in the middle of the night. I turned and ran towards the window and nothing was there. As paranoid as I was, I stayed in the living room with a knife close to me for a few hours, in case it was some kind of burglar trying to sneak in. Nothing happened, no noise, no shadows, and the feeling of being watched even wasn’t present in there. Sweet Celestia I hope nothing happens while I sleep. Going to get some rest now… goodnight.

Entry log 1-4 (August 19th, 2015)

So I promised myself to write in here each day, but I guess I broke my promise. Guess I forgot to write. Nothing strange happened during these three days… except for one thing. Yesterday, I was walking around my house. A bit of a fast pace, as I’ve been going through some thinking and feeling a bit paranoid as usual. I decided to let my anxiety out and go walk outside, instead of inside the small house. I did that. As I walk around the streets I would every once in a while wave at some ponies I know. Or they would greet me right towards me. About 3 ponies greeted me, and I would literally get startled and jump a bit. After walking for about two hours, I decide to go back to the house and probably go watch some television and eat something. My stomach growled thinking about food. Me hungry, must go eat. As soon as I start walking, I stop in my tracks. The feeling of being watched returns, but this time, from not one, but multiple sides. Like multiple ponies are watching over me. I’m very sensitive when it comes to these things. I look around and the only weird thing I notice is a pony in a hoodie, dark brown hoodie, standing behind the wall and could only see half of them. Two details, I couldn’t see its face because of the hoodie, and it was wearing a black bracelet on his front left hoof. It looked like it had a symbol or something written in it, but I couldn’t tell what it was. I stay staring at them and in a few seconds it walks away. I walk towards the wall the pony was at and go behind it. Nothing. Nopony was there. It left before I could even see who the hell it was. And the feeling vanished. Even if it was multiple who were watching. Multiple as in, probably 2 or 3. Couldn’t tell. This is getting weirder and weirder. I just hope is all just a stupid prank by somepony. And if it is… their doing a great fucking job. Its sunset right now, but I decided to write now. Feeling really tired and probably wouldn’t make it by night to write.

Entry log 1-5 (August 21st, 2015)

How?! How did I ended here?! And yesterday is completely missing from my memory. I can’t remember anything about yesterday. So where did it go? I can’t even remember myself waking up in the morning as usual and doing my usual routines. The only thing I can remember is that, right after writing entry log 1-4, I fell asleep. And the dream was weird. All I dreamt was nothingness. I was standing on nothing apparently. Everything was white, and the feelings I had was of loneliness. Cause literally there wasn’t anypony or anything for that matter in there. The only sound I could hear was of my breathing and heartbeat. Then I heard the sounds of my hoofsteps as I continued walking. Expecting to find something or at least for something to change in the “scenery”. I walked and walked, and nothing changed. I wasn’t even sure where I was walking to. After what seemed a few minutes in the dream, there was a hole in the “ceiling” and it was leaking some black liquid. I looked at it, then the liquid spread everywhere slowly, when it touched me, it didn’t felt wet. It was just as if it was a shadow engulfing the whole scene. After it did so, it went dark, I couldn’t even see myself. I was stuck in the dark for the rest of my dream, then I wake up right beside the everfree forest, at the back of my house. How? I’m not even so fucking sure anymore. I slowly stand up and the first thing I noticed is how weak I felt and my hooves hurt a lot. What happened? I walked limply towards my house. After going inside, I took a look at my hooves to see for any bruises or maybe something that was causing the pain but nothing. To make the pain go away, I went and took some pain pills and rest for a bit. Going towards the living room and laid on the couch, I checked the date. August 21st. Past day missing from my head. My mind was so messed up now as I flood of thoughts and questions arose. I can’t even explain how confused I feel right now. I’m going to take a break from these entries. If this gets worse, I might have to go see a psychologist or something… I’m not fucking crazy.

enttry log 1 6 (unknown)

it controls.
you cant never hide.
the truth
d2lsbCBiZSByZXZlYWxlZA==
soon.
h҉͉e͖̳ w͝h̺o ͖̘̰̩w̸̞̠̙͎̼a̻̺͈̝͓̺͙͡t͘c̪͕͇̕h̯̖͉̳̰e͍̘̖̲̺̤̤s̝̹͎̟̭͚

Entry log 1-7 (August 22nd, 2015)

Okay.. what the hell happened last night? To me, nothing happened. I slept normally, with the occasional wake ups every 2 or 3 hours in the middle of the night. Still paranoid and a headache hit me. But.. what scares me now is that, entry 1-6, I did NOT wrote that. Someone had got access to the journal which puts me into thinking. Who the hell did it and why? Trying to scare me? A chill back of my spine came by as I read what it said. “it controls. you can’t never hide. the truth.” Stopping right here. The truth? What truth? After this is some sort of… encrypted sentence or phrase. Is it supposed to mean anything? Or just gibberish to mess with my brain. I’ll have to look it up later. “soon.” Soon? What’s coming soon… “he who watches” written with some scribbles and symbols in it. What’s that all about? This is literally scaring me right now. My paranoia couldn’t get any worse. Now anxiety is hitting me. I don’t want my mental health to get worse than it is now.. I’m closing the journal right now, and going to the pharmacy to buy some medications. I’ll be back.
--------
*Continue* I’m back now. Was a bit hard to find the medications, and the cost was more than I expected. I went and took some pills to help reduce my anxiety a bit. Supposedly it also helped with the paranoia. Not much effect on that. I couldn’t help but look all around when I was going towards the pharmacy and back to my house. There were moments where I would feel something on my back, get startled and look over the back of my shoulder. One pony, a pegasus, even came up to me and asked if I was alright. Nothing came up to my mind to lie as a response. I just said that I was alright and awkwardly walk away from him. What really impacted me though, is that when I walked away from him, he just stayed and looked at me, concerned. One more detail, as I looked back at him, I noticed something that shocked me for a moment. He was wearing the same bracelet as the pony I saw in the hoodie back in entry log 1-4. Black bracelet as I recalled, in the same hoof the pony in the hoodie was wearing. Front left hoof. After a lot of thought processing, before I could even turn back again and go towards him, he was already gone. I looked up and no traces of him. He must of flew off or walked and didn’t noticed? I mean pegasus ponies are pretty light and when they walk, you can barely hear their hoofsteps. Anyways, while walking, I haven’t noticed any other strange thing. For some reason, the time seems slow today. Meh, probably just the pills I took. It sure is giving me some side-effects. im getting sleepyyy-- goodnight

Entry log 1-8 (August 23rd, 2015)

Normal morning today… I guess. I woke up and my anxiety was gone, but paranoia was still there. As I woke up I went to the bathroom, doing my daily routines. Wash my teeth, take a quick shower and brush my mane after drying. The showering today was not really quick. I stayed inside there for like… half an hour. My thoughts were stuck between reality and fantasy. As I looked down, the water streaming across my mane, coat and falling down in front of me, I then noticed some red drops coming from me. *sighs* Nosebleed again. Didn’t lasted that long at least, but it’s really strange how I keep bleeding off my nose. I’ve never had a nosebleed before, except for that one time when I was 15 years old, I fought with another pony and she punched me in the nose. Probably has something to do with that...yeah. I stepped out of the bathroom, thinking about doing breakfast, but I really wasn’t in the mood for eating something. I just went towards my computer. As the monitor turned on and revealed my desktop, I just stared at it for a few minutes. Didn’t knew what to do. Mostly when I go into the computer, I just browse the internet for something interesting or have a chat with some friends over Skype. Browse...something interesting. A thought came to my mind, it was crazy but it could lead to at least some answers. Two things came to my head to search for. “Sudden nosebleeds” and “Mysterious hooded pony”. I searched for the first one. Typing the words in the search engine, a few links popped up. I wanted to look up for as much information as possible, so I just clicked the first 5 links and opened each one in a new tab.

“Nosebleeding for no reason… Types, Causes…” I read through the title then the contents.

“Causes include trauma to the nose from an injury, deformities inside the nose, inflammation in the nose, or in rare cases, intranasal tumors. Any of these conditions can cause the surface blood vessels in the nose to bleed.” I read outloud.

Yeah, I knew it. It’s probably some kind of injury that has to do with that fight from a few years ago. Next search. Mostly news articles about homicides and serial killers who wore hoodies… that’s scary. I went for a more specific search: “Hoodie pony with black bracelet”. Probably not going to find anything relevant… wait. Most links were just towards movie references or news, just like before. But one of the first links was titled “Mysterious hooded pony spotted over the city” It’s the local news report. So I’m not the only one who’ve seen him… Reading through the contents, two ponies has spotted this pony. Mostly at night. Well I’ve spotted him during the day… could it be the same? The rest of the article was just bullshit, how ponies are speculating it could be from a religious cult or something like that. Bleh. I shut off the window, revealing my desktop. Since my desktop’s background is dark, I could see my reflection… but… I saw somepony else behind me. I jumped startled and looked back. Nopony there… I think I’m going insane… hopefully not. The rest of the day was just me doing nothing in the house and getting startled every 15 minutes by nothing apparently. To calm myself down, I’m listening to some music right now, headphones on. It’s working a bit. Feeling less startled now. If anything “interesting” happens, I’ll write it here.
--------
*continue* Okay… so crazy thing happening right now. It’s nighttime, and I’m just sitting here on my bed. I received an email from an unknown source. The address seemed like not from a real email site. “blackMoonDecoder_@.com” It was a short creepy message:

You will see it
soon
you’ll know when

Followed by a video link:

I felt a chill run down my spine watching that video. The static on both video and audio is enough to set my nerves off. These cryptic messages are nothing logical. Either it’s just random nouns and verbs or I’m just losing my mind. Apparently I will see “IT” soon. I’ll also know when. Which I’m scared cause I actually don’t know… and whoever or whatever it is, I don’t want to see it. As for the video itself, no comment on that. Probably the sequence is mixed but the one I understand was "watch behind". So basically, warning to watch my back. Sweet Celestia please help me. For all encoded messages, If I can't crack them successfully I’ll have to contact a dear cousin of mine. He’s studied on cryptology and other sorts of interesting fields. Hopefully I can make some sense into this soon.

That symbol though…

Why does it look so familiar…

....

Author's Note:

Hello! Hope you enjoyed this first chapter, or entry. This is my first story fan-fiction I've written and taken my time to publish. I've made a few others before but were too short or bland to even consider publishing. This story is inspired by the amazing indie web-series "Marble Hornets" as well as other slenderverse series/stories. Sorry if this is a bit short, the next entries will be a lot longer and detailed. More secrets will be revealed soon. Mainly this chapter I just wanted to show out the concept to where I'm trying to push this story into. From now on, the other chapter will be more detailed, and the logs will be written in real time. Basically, the date in each log will be the actual date I wrote it. Please, if you note any errors or think I can improve on some parts, do notify me. Recommended if you contact me through Skype. My Skype name is: psp3000nerd. You can even send suggestions over there.