• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 1,223 Views, 26 Comments

Hero - NalaxSimba



Raised by Princess Luna, Discord knew he was different from the other ponies and hated himself for it. When he meets Fluttershy, a Pegasus who looks beyond his appearance, Discord learns that not all ponies are as bad as he thought.

  • ...
3
 26
 1,223

Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony.


Just as Celestia had guessed, raising Discord had proved to be a difficult task. The first few days had been quite easy, as Discord was still resting his wounds. Once he was healed and comfortable with the ponies around him, the task suddenly got much more difficult.

Like all draconequui, Discord had his chaotic powers, and due to his young age, he couldn't control them properly. Luna remembered once when she went to check on her ward, and saw him happily drinking chocolate milk. Behind him was a mountain high pile of cotton candy.

Despite the difficulty of raising him, the princesses learned to adore the draconequess. While Celestia was still unsure about what would happen in the future, she had grown to love Discord as her nephew. Some of the palace guards also grew to love the young draconequess too. While there were still some who didn't accept the fact that Discord was part of the Royal family, they never acted on it, due to their loyalty to the princesses.

The other ponies in Canterlot were a different story.

The fillies and colts who bullied him when he first arrived had left him alone, after Luna and Celestia punished them. Boxer in particular kept his distance, but when he saw the draconequess, his eyes would narrow, but he never tried to harm Discord. Some of the ponies in Canterlot had a great hatred for the draconequess, but Luna taught him to keep his held high and walk past them. Whenever Luna would go for her afternoon walk around Canterlot, Discord would join her, showing her that he could walk past with his head held high.

Even with Luna by his side, it still hurt when he heard the ponies whisper about him.


Discord usually stayed within the castle walls. For one, it meant he was close to Luna and Celestia, the only ponies who were nice to him. It also meant that he didn't have to hear the ponies of Canterlot talking about him.

However, there were times when Luna and Celestia asked him to leave. Whenever they were planning the Grand Galloping Gala, Discord had to leave in order for all the preparations to be completed without any of his powers causing any distractions. Today was one of those days.

Why can't these ponies mind their own business? Discord thought as he walked down the streets of Canterlot. Ponies kept staring at him and whispering about him. It was pushing him to his limit. He tried to keep his held high and ignore them, like Luna had told him to do so many times, but he could hear every word they said.

"He's a freak."

"He doesn't belong with us!"

"All draconequui are the same. He'll turn out to be evil too."

"He'll probably end up hurting the princesses."

That line made him tear up, and he turned away, starting his walk back to the Palace.

"Discord, you're back early." Luna said as she spotted her ward. She flew over to meet him, and nuzzled him affectionately. Discord smiled up at her; through the years he had learned to see her as a mother.

"I got bored," Discord lied. Luna looked at him with an eyebrow raised. She knew when he was lying. Placing her hoof on his shoulder, she offered him a gentle smile.

"I take it the ponies weren't very accepting of your walk."

"Hah!" Discord laughed, "'Weren't very accepting' is an understatement! They kept whispering and looking at me like I was some freak show! Some of the things that they said were more hurtful than anything I've heard before! They kept saying that I didn't belong, or that I would end up hurting you or Celestia."

Luna nuzzled him affectionately, "Oh Discord, I'm sorry that you had to go through that."

Discord sighed, "I feel like nopony accepts me."

Luna frowned, "Oh, I know how you feel, Discord."

Discord sighed and flew to his bedroom. Luna sighed as she watched him fly away. She turned to look out the window, watching as ponies finished their day and headed home. The time had come for her to raise the moon, and like the light of the day, the ponies disappeared. Luna frowned, before harnessing her magic to raise the moon. After a few minutes, the moon appeared in the night sky, the stars soon following. Luna smiled at her work, before turning back to look at the stairs Discord had flown up minutes ago. Sighing, Luna looked back out the window, watching for any signs of danger.

"I know how you feel more than any other pony does."