• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 709 Views, 5 Comments

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force - Revan



(Star Wars Legendverse.) Padawan Twilight Sparkle uncovers a deadly threat: The Sith are about to return.

  • ...
4
 5
 709

Chapter 2: Ambush and Fight

Applejack and Twilight rapidly made their way through the streets to the nearby spaceport. As Twilight opened her mouth to ask Applejack how she planned on getting through security, Applejack turned and gestured.

"Lead the way, Jedi."

Twilight looked at Applejack. "You're going to use me as a free pass through security?"

"Yep."

Twilight sighed. "I should've expected that."


After Twilight used her Force abilities to gain her and Applejack clearance, they walked down the hall. Soon Applejack halted Twilight, gesturing to the door to the hanger.

"This way, Jedi."

Twilight opened the door.


Rainbow Dash was in position, her custom-built sniper rifle aimed squarely at the door. Though she was focused entirely on the door, she knew that Pinkie Pie was in her position with a rocket launcher in case everything went south on them.

Not that she expected it to, not with her skill with ranged weaponry.

The door began to open, exposing their target.

Rainbow Dash pulled the trigger.

And was surprised when a purple lightsaber ignited, deflecting the blast that was meant to render Applejack DOA.

"What the-"

She heard the distinctive sound of Pinkie Pie's rocket launcher firing, which sounded way too cheerful for such a destructive weapon.

The rocket suddenly exploded in midair as a thrown lightsaber carved through it.

However, Rainbow had no time to think about that, as a woman cloaked in the robes of a Jedi leapt high into the air, two purple blades raised for a blow clearly intended to cleave her in two.

Then a figure in pink armor suddenly interrupted her leap, ramming her into the hanger wall. The Jedi slid down to the floor after Pinkie Pie zoomed off.

Rainbow, meanwhile, was engaging Applejack, the two skilled gunfighters utilizing every bit of cover in the hanger.

Pinkie, having slung her rocket launcher onto her back, suddenly dived out of the air, landing on Applejack and delivering an armored Mandolorian punch to her face, rendering her unconscious.

Rainbow, seeing that Applejack was now out cold on the floor, turned to where the Jedi had landed in a heap - only to suddenly hear the ignition of a lightsaber, instinctively freezing as the blade suddenly appeared across the front of her throat.

"You will answer my questions and release that woman into my custody." Rainbow could feel the Jedi attempting to influence her - but Rainbow's sheer willpower and training for resisting mental manipulation enabled her to resist.

Pinkie Pie looked up. "Silly Jedi, Mandalorian armor is made out of beskar. Lightsabers can't cut through that!"

Rainbow Dash had already successfully disengaged by the time Pinkie Pie ended her statement. She whirled around, her fist hurtling at the Jedi's face.

Only to feel herself being thrown back, as the Jedi used the force to hurl her into Pinkie Pie. She got up again.

Or tried to, rather, as she and Pinkie Pie were both lifted into the air.

"Whatever your job was, it is now over. You shall not attempt to harm me or Applejack again."

Rainbow snorted. "Or what? Throw me into jail for attempting to apprehend a wanted smuggler??"

"No, I'm afraid your punishment would be quite a lot greater than that, for attempting to murder Jedi Grandmaster Celestia's padawan."

Rainbow's eyes widened. She's just a Padawan??!!! She's short on experience, but she's already a powerhouse!!!

Rainbow studied the Jedi more closely. Her robes were clearly designed for freedom of movement, but what caught Rainbow's eye was her face, with those violet eyes and hair.

"But, seeing as that would attract even more attention, I have a proposal for you."

Pinkie Pie suddenly spoke up. "You want us to help you track down an assassin droid?"

The Jedi was clearly put off by this statement. "Well, in essence, yes."

"We'll do it!!"

Rainbow Dash sighed, having learned back in their shared youth that once Pinkie Pie decided on something, it was pointless to attempt to change her mind.

"Fine, I'll do it too."

"Excellent. And, in case you're wondering, I will pay you."

Rainbow was thrown off her stride. "That's... quite generous of you, Jedi."

The Jedi looked straight at her. "My name is Twilight Sparkle."

"Fine. So when do we leave?" Rainbow grumbled in response.

Twilight, having placed Pinkie and Rainbow back on the ground when they had agreed, had used the force to bring Applejack's limp body to her, then slung the woman over her shoulder. She gestured to the heavily modified light freighter that sat in the hanger bay's center.

"Now."

Author's Note:

I hope that you enjoyed the chapter.

During the upcoming months, I'll probably have far less time to write, so please be patient.

I'll write when I can.

:pinkiesmile: