• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 707 Views, 5 Comments

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force - Revan



(Star Wars Legendverse.) Padawan Twilight Sparkle uncovers a deadly threat: The Sith are about to return.

  • ...
4
 5
 707

Chapter 3: Pawns and Queens

Somewhere Deep in the Unknown Regions

Lady Nightmare, Lord of the Sith, meditated, her anger churning at her core. She reached out, tapping into the dark side. The familiar insight of dark clarity came, razor sharp and deadly.

She felt her thoughts wander down a familiar path, as time fell away...

They stood at the entrance of an ancient Sith temple, the air around them thick with the dark side. The wind tugged at their robes, but the atmosphere felt stifling.

"I don't like this place, Sister." Luna looked towards Celestia.

"Neither do I. But our intelligence suggests that Emperor Sombra is here, attempting to reclaim dark side knowledge." Celestia's twin bladed lightsaber was in her hand, but its yellow blades remained unlit.

"Why did he come alone, then?" Luna demanded. Her lightsaber ignited, casting a pale cyan glow over the stones they stood on.

"I suspect that it is because he does not wish for others to gain it - or to learn about what he's doing." Celestia shifted slightly, her mouth set in a determined line. "It will be his undoing."

Luna gripped her lightsaber tighter. "And he'll pay for murdering Terra."

Celestia looked at Luna warningly. "Keep yourself calm, Luna. The dark side is strong in this place. I don't want to lose you too."

Luna sighed. "Yes, sister."

Celestia ignited her lightsaber, then twirled it once before she placed her other hand on the hilt. "Come. The more time that passes, the stronger that Sombra will become."

Luna nodded. They walked up to the door, and plunged their lightsabers into it, carving it out. The door fell, revealing a long, dark passage.

Side by side, they walked into the darkness.

A beeping noise disturbed Nightmare's concentration. She looked up, seeing that the terminal was blinking with an incoming message.

She stood and moved with an economy of motion. Her eyes absorbed the fact that it was coming in from one of her assassin droids.

She accepted it, and the dark black face of HK-99 C4 appeared on the screen. His red eyes glowed with a malevolent look.

"My apologies, master, but I failed in my mission to assassinate Darrick Shen. The security measures were successfully disabled, but a Jedi was hidden in the room. I await further instructions."

Nightmare frowned, her face creased in irritation. "Who was the Jedi?"

"Analysis indicates a high probability that the Jedi was a padawan named Twilight Sparkle, apprentice to Jedi Grandmaster Celestia. Further analysis indicates that she is tracking me down as we speak."

From the visuals, Nightmare could tell that HK-99 C4 was currently piloting a shuttle, his arms wired into the control panels. She chuckled darkly, her mind flashing over an old Sith saying: "Luck is the remnant of manipulation". "Head to Korriban. There is a Sith temple there that I wish you to enter. The Jedi will follow, and she will be trapped when Commander Barkain's ships emerge from hyperspace and destroy the Jedi forces guarding the system. You will contact them and inform them that they are to support you in your mission on my orders."

"Affirmative, master. Receiving coordinates for the Sith temple now."

"And one more thing. You are not to kill her. If it is at all possible, I want her alive." Nightmare's icy blue eyes narrowed as she spoke.

"Understood, Master. HK-99 C4 out."

The screen went dark. Lady Nightmare turned. She smiled icily. "Let's see how well your padawan does, Celestia."

Comments ( 1 )

So I just found this story and so far it is great! I am a fan of the Legends universe more then the "new" universe so great job so far. I am concerned about poor Applejack if she is still under the thumb of Sunset Shimmer and what power she has over Applejack. So the next question is what will Rarity and Fluttershy's occupations be?

Login or register to comment