• Published 30th Aug 2015
  • 403 Views, 5 Comments

What is Friendship Now - Narcissistic Writer



my name is twilight sparkle and.....and I thought I knew what friendship was but....now i'm starting to doubt myself

  • ...
12
 5
 403

A Mare On A Mission

Wander,wander,wander that's all Twilight would do because it was the only thing she could do wander the dusty land hoping just hoping to find any source of life, hell she didn't even care if it was hostile life as long as there was life there was sanity in the god forsaken world of war and suffering.Just as all hope seemed lost she spotted a figure standing quite a few feet away waving in the opposite direction. When she had finished her action other ponies started to come into sight they started yelling at Twilight she could only faintly hear them but from what she could make out they wanted her attention so Twilight approached them cautiously not knowing what to expect since this was her first encounter with a pony in the war. The closer she got to the ponies the more she could find out about them there were two stallions and four mares all of them carrying weaponry, the stallions were armed with a type five single barrel rifle it was the only gun used in the old Equestrian War that went on centuries ago that formed the Princesses rule or the previous Princesses rule. That memory still got a hold of her. The sight of her dying mentor and her demolished sister was too much for Twilight to experience all at once. After that thought had passed on she was warped back into reality.


"Hey you" One of the mares shouted.

"Who me?" Twilight said smugly.

"Yeah you who else do you think I would be talking to" Turning her friendly tone into an aggressive one.

"Whatever. What do you want?" Twilight said obviously thinking she was wasting her time.

"We want you off OUR land" Wow, people were already claiming land for themselves great friendship progression just great.

"Look I don't want any trouble I just wan-" she was interrupted mid sentence by the other mare who's voice sounded like some sassy teenage pony with sort of a Diamond Tiara touch to it, well no wonder she had such an attitude.

"We don't care what you want. We care what we want, you got that little pony" she said with a smirk.

"Shut up" replied Twilight feeling quite proud at how stubborn she was during that line.

"Hey! No need for that just get off our land and that's it or stay and see what happens which I'm pretty sure you don't want to know what happens" From what she could tell was she kinda wanted Twilight to stay but not for a good reason.

"So what's it going to be you lonely little thing" Twilight immediately swung her hoof at the mare only to be stopped by the larger stallion with the rifle.

"I guess it's option B then, great choice we're going to enjoy this Ha Ha Ha" Once again Twilight let her anger get the better of her and now look where it's landed her: near certain death absolutely wonderful.

As she was dragged to the entrance some sort of structure, somebody made a clicking sound and the wall fell down similar to an opening door. She was continually dragged across the floor to a worn down building with a door surrounded with barbed wire she was taken to a rather small and cramped cage that just from the look of it she knew it would be uncomfortable but that was the least important thing on her mind now she had to escape from imprisonment and probably death,find what's left of her friends and attempt to end this war but she can't do any of that stuck in a cage but something would come to her mind and stupidly enough they didn't use handcuffs neither so she'd get something something very soon but first she needed sleep.


Twilight's eyes opened slowly as light made It's way through Twilight's eyelids fully awakening her. When she actually wanted to try to get up her vision adjusted due to all her sleep in pitch black darkness. But just then a strange feeling went through her body it felt like she was laying on ice when she lifted her head the cage was nowhere to be seen and Twilight didn't feel a scruffy mattress beneath her but instead the ground was cold and smooth instead of scratchy and lumpy inside the cage. She looked downwards to see she was on the floor and not in the cage at first Twilight was worried and started backing up when something hit her head she turned her head around to see the cage with a carefully sliced hole. She stood up just staring blankly at the sight. She had gone to sleep in a steel cage and woke up outside of it with the cage cut open it didn't make the slightest bit of sense but on the bright side she was free and could slip through Death's grasps for another day. All seemed clear and an escape was posed until a faint whisper came from behind the mattress at the back of the room.

"pssss hey you lavender girl get over here and be quiet" Twilight, puzzled circled the room to find nothing but empty cages and beds but Twilight wouldn't give up she continuously circled the room three times but still found no trace of the voice until it spoke again.

"Over here. Now!" This time the voice sounded quite annoyed and Twilight would be annoyed if she found out the person behind this voice was really just standing in plain sight. Twilight huffing and puffing circled the room a fourth time and finally thought she had found the source of the whisper. She thought it was coming from the window at the very end of the room so slowly trotted towards the transparent looking glass to see nothing but the ruins of numerous towns until she felt a hoof on her shoulder and then the hoof in a split second disappeared. At this point Twilight was more scared than curious. She turned and ran for the entrance only to be blocked by a dark figure dropping from the ceiling. She tried to scream but the pony held a hoof to her mouth and placed his other hoof behind his back and his hoof and pulled downwards revealing he was a Stallion wearing a black cloak.

His fur was as black as his cloak and the red of his wings and the blue spots round his eyes were the only bright colours on his body. Twilight thought she was going to die, again, already. The stallion was armed viciously with about three or four weapons rattling whenever he made a swift movement. Footsteps could be heard coming towards the door the Stallion quickly threw Twilight over the cage causing her to land beside one of the beds near the window. She landed in a way her body was twisted the wrong way making a foreseeable painful impact as she hit the floor. The stallion had already sprinted beside Twilight, she opened her mouth to moan in pain but instead was stopped by the stallion shaking his head. She didn't want to get on the wrong side of this guy so kept her mouth shut and saved the moaning for later. The footsteps finally reached the room door it slowly creaked open it was one of the ponies that dragged Twilight to this room. He came in with a serious look but changed to a shocked expression after he had seen the hole in the cage he started to monitor every cage and every bed and with every step he got closer to the two's hiding spot.Twilight was full of fear though the red winged stallion's face never changed from when Twilight first saw him to the present event he said something to Twilight in a deep but quiet manner.

"Don't move a muscle and keep your mouth shut you got that" Twilight nodded.

He reached into his cloak and pulled out a knife and held it steadily as the sun shined brightly upon the blade. He started moving away from the hiding spot and towards the guard who starting to tear the cages and beds apart.

Twilight's supposed saviour closed in on the outraged guard who had started to shoot bullets into the cages and the walls in frustration. He decided to stop and sit down for a minute just before getting back up and resuming his rampage on the room's layout. Unnoticed the cloaked pony was close enough for an attack he held the knife and thrusted his armforward but the guard saw it coming and ducked following with a head butt. They started throwing punches at each other one by one block by block kick by kick until the guard tackled the pegasus to the floor he started to beat him while shouting for assistance no one came, everyone in the city was probably still sleeping or just wasted. Twilight looked for something she could use to help. Just then she saw the pegasus's weapon belt she grabbed a handgun and pulled the trigger a clicking noise was triggered, dammit no ammo she then examined both men the pegasus had ammo hooked onto his jacket but it was on the other side of the brawl going on so she needed to be fast. She dove for the jacket and missed and ended up sliding across the floor under a bed. Luckily it was a bed right next to the stallion's jacket she reached and crawled until she finally got a grip on it she pulled it towards he and started to put the ammo magazine inside when the guard lunged at Twilight she then threw both the magazine and the handgun to the stallion. He loaded it, aimed and fired. Soon after a hole could be seen in the back of the pony's head, blood dripping from the shot wound.

"So who are you" Twilight needed to know the name of the pony who saved her life.

"The name's Black Shadow. Your's"?

"Twilight Sparkle the-"

"Princess of Friendship" Twilight wasn't very shocked he knew her but she still wanted to know more about him.

"How did you know who I am and how did you find me?" Twilight was curious.

"I heard about you when I heard the mentor got her ass handed to her" Twilight slapped the stallion she knew that probably wasn't the right thing to do but he had no right talking about Celestia that way.

"Don't ever talk about my mentor like that again okay" Stallion obviously took no pain since Twilight was weak with her fists he simply just gave her a raised eyebrow.

"Fine,fine I was just saying. any way we need to get out of here righ-"

"Wait a minute why did you come to rescue me anyway tell me that"

"I'll explain later now lets go" Suddenly a siren went off triggering alarms and bells in all of the buildings.

"What do we do" Twilight said panicking.

"We go through the window"

"But it's not open" Black Shadow then grabbed the corpse of the guard and threw it through the glass shattering it immediately."Really?"

"Really. Now go"