• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 209 Views, 0 Comments

Explaining the Foalhood - IMNOTHERE889



Pinkie Pie asks why Neon Screen always flips out around pegasi she doesn't know.

  • ...
 0
 209

How Did She Find Her Special Talent?

"Cooommmeeee. Ooooonnn! Just tell usssss!!!" Scootaloo whined.
"Why do you want to know so badly!?" Neo asked, not trying very hard to hide the anger in her voice.
"Well, first of all, we've asked every other pony in town, and you're last on our list. Second of all, your one has the name of a world-famous company!" Sweetie Belle answered.
"Uggghhhh, fiiiiinnne. It's not like I have a gaming marathon I wanted to do or anything...." Neo said.
"It'll only be for a few minutes! After ya tell us, we'll be outta ya mane!" Apple Bloom said.

"Alright, I got mine when I was your age. DUH. So, let me begin." Neo started her story. The Cutie Mark Crusaders, Also known as the CMC, was asking a certain gaming pony about how she got her cutie mark.

Flashback mode, activate.

--------------------

Filly Neo was wandering through the new town on the ground, trying to find anypony that would take her in. The town felt so big to her, she felt so tiny. So tiny that she wanted to crawl into a ball and disappear. She missed her old friends; Allan Berry, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. She wished that she was back in Cloudsdale, and that her mother was still alive, feeling as good as whatever feels good.

She was wandering around, head low, until she bumped into another pony. It was a young colt, about the same age as her, but he was an earth pony. Not unusual in this town, Neo had noticed. Most of the population was earth. She had only seen a couple unicorns, and about a dozen pegasi. Everypony else was earth. The colt stared at her, almost with no emotion showing in his face at all.
Neo also stared.

Eventually, the colt spoke.
"Hey, want a newspaper? It's free." He said.
"U-uh sure..." Neo said. The colt passed her a newspaper, and she took it. Deciding that she would have no luck with finding a proper home, she set back to the abandoned building which she stayed in. She jumped on a couch, and began to flip through the newspaper.

Everything she saw was boring. But a small article on the last page caught her eye.
"NeighStation!? That's come out!? IT CAME OUT A WEEK AGO!?" Neo said, while letting a small squee, okay, a BIG squee, escape her lips. She scraped up all of her bits (she had quite a few, because her mom gave Neo all her bits before she died) and zoomed out of the house as fast as she could. She ran all the way to the nearest technology shop. She zoomed inside, grabbed an NS, grabbed a game, dropped the right amount of bits on the counter where the shop dude was sitting, and zoomed out before anypony could even breathe, leaving a purple trail with a light purple streak behind. She zoomed—I'm using that word too much, aren't I? Eh, whatever—back into her house and plugged the NS into the TV. She pulled out the video game she had chosen: Saw Neck the Ponyhog.

She then noticed how much her lungs hurt from all that running. She collapsed, greedily taking in gulps of air. After about five minutes of that, she pulled the plastic off of the game, allowing her to open the case. She opened it and pulled out the disc. She opened the NS and put the disc inside. She turned on the TV, and turned on the NS. I have no idea how she was doing this without magic, but let's just roll with it. She grabbed a game controller and sat on the couch.

When the game started up, she was amazed at the graphics. She almost instantly learned the controls, as if she was uncovering an old memory that she forgot about. Playing the game gave her a new feeling... A feeling she was unfamiliar with. She had no idea what it was called. Oh, that's right... It's called hope. The game made her forget about what was happening in the world around her, it made her forget about the heartache she was suffering from. She was zooming through the levels, and before she knew it, she found herself on the final boss.

Just seconds before she beat the boss, a gigantic BOOM! was heard. She jumped a bit, causing her to mash a button on the controller. The sound somehow caused a window to break. The button Neo mashed was the 'action' button, and it caused her to kill the boss, thus beating the level and the game. Neo took no notice. Neo ran to the window, and saw the most beautiful thing ever. A rainbow, but it wasn't like the rainbows she had ever seen. It was round, and going in all directions in the sky. For the first time in two days, she had a huge grin on her face.

Neo had felt something strange when she had beaten the game, almost like a magical energy had zoomed through her body. It was a feelings he couldn't describe. She looked down to her flank, and her grin grew even wider. She had gotten her cutie mark! It was a video game controller, with the world famous company's name on it; Pony. A very simple name, yet very awesome things come from that company. That company had helped her get her cutie mark. She was happy for the rest of the following week, no matter what had happened.

--------------------

"So..." Neo began, "that's the end of my story."
"Wow! I can't believe that Rainbow Dash's rain boom had helped you get your cutie mark TOO!" Scootaloo said, filled with excitement.
"Ehehe, yeah. Now, what did one of you say about being out of my mane?" Neo said, a hint of slyness in her voice.
"Oh, right!" The three of them said in unison. They both ran off, giggling and stuff.

Neo just shook her head a smiled.
"Those fillies will get theirs soon enough."

Author's Note:

Cutie Mark Chronicles thing. Why? Because it made the most sense.