• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 728 Views, 12 Comments

Iris Rising: Dreamfall (retcon planned) - hujan86



A human counterpart of Rainbow Dash one day finds herself waking up in a strange world inhabited by talking ponies, including one who sort of looks like her high school nemesis.

  • ...
7
 12
 728

KILLZONE - revised

Author's Note:

1. Lionel is OC, named after the author of 'Of Kings and Changelings' comic on DeviantArt.

Tirek through his binocular spotted the incoming Dalek Tanks approaching the plateau. “Here they come!”

All the Reserves scrambled to activate the timing mechanism on every artillery cannon deployed on the edge of the cliffs.

Halfway towards Canterlot Plateau, rockets rained down on the Dalek Tanks convoy. The tanks swerved to avoid explosions erupting around them. Yet, many still get blasted off their tracks. The remaining tanks too damaged to continue simply came to a slow stop before dissolving.

Squads of Dalek Tanks flying towards the plateau were not so lucky either. The sky around them filled with explosions. Even if the projectiles miss its target, they will explode automatically after reaching a certain altitude. So if the tanks are not getting blasted to smithereens, then the force of the explosions will knock them off the sky.

A gentle breeze stirred the tree branches. Dash took a glance back at the city. She was able perceive the echoing sounds of explosions coming from the south, despite the masking by the breeze and rustling trees. She realized the battle in the city is about to begin. She hugged herself for warmth for the morning air is chillier than usual, then went to catch up with Sunset Shimmer up ahead.

The convoy on the ground was totally destroyed. For a moment, the area was shrouded with glowing particles. Soon, a second wave of Dalek Tanks raced across the bridge. They passed over the meadows without incident. All the rocket munitions have been exhausted by the first wave.

Dash saw a lone Pegasus colt knocked down by the moving crowd fleeing the city. She bolted forward to help the colt before he gets stampeded, but stopped in her tracks when Diamond Tiara unexpectedly appeared and helped the colt getting back to his hooves.

Diamond Tiara asked the poor colt, “Hey, are you alright? Where’re your parents?”

“I can’t find my dad…” Featherweight sobbed.

“Stay with me,” Diamond Tiara said to him. “He couldn’t have gotten far.”

Sunset Shimmer and Dash approached them, the latter was appalled to find Diamond Tiara still in Canterlot.

“Tiara, why’re you still here!?” Sunset Shimmer demanded. “And where’s Silver Spoon!?”

“I came back to look for her,” Diamond Tiara began explaining herself. “At the train station, she said she forgot to bring something with her and wanted to go back to boutique to get it. I forbid her as the train was about to arrive. I did. It wasn't until boarding time I realized Spoony was missing. She must’ve slipped when she said she needed to use the bathroom.”

Bursting with anger, Sunset Shimmer snapped at the Earth pony. “You lost her!? How could you, Tiara!?”

Both Dash and Diamond Tiara were taken aback by Sunset Shimmer’s outburst.

“No, I didn’t exactly-” The offended Diamond Tiara caught herself from saying anything further once she realized it was pointless to argue at such a critical time.

“Get to the shelter now, both of you!” Sunset Shimmer instructed them before galloping in the opposite direction of the crowd.

“Hey, where d’you think you're going!?” As soon as Dash realized that Sunset Shimmer is going back to get Silver Spoon herself, she ran after her. “Sunset Shimmer, wait! I don't think that's a good idea!”

“Don’t follow me!”

The sudden appearance of a magic shield knocked Dash down to the ground.

She quickly sat up, painfully clutching her nose. “Owww…! I can’t believe she did that!”

Hundreds of ponies were streaming across the streets after vacating their homes.

“Stay sharp!” Discord called out to the Reserves escorting the civilians. “I want the evacuation process to be in order!”

“Cap!”

Knowing that voice, he turned and spotted Dash running in his direction against the crowd. “Miss Dash, you shouldn’t be here!”

“It’s Sunset Shimmer!” Dash urgently said. “She’s here!”

A sudden bad feeling developed in the captain’s guts.

Godslayer Watterson hid around the corner the moment the constructs passed through the street.

What’re they doing here? he wondered. This is nowhere near the castle…

Ragingheart sat quietly at a fountain in the middle of the market square as her minions wreak destruction on the facilities around her. Whilst this is happening, a large part of her forces remain out in the outskirts. For some unknown reason, Ragingheart was not yet ready to commit to a full-scale invasion.

Soon, her other minions emerged from every corner with their captives. One of the captured ponies, being held by a Mithra, caught Ragingheart’s curiosity. Silver Spoon was holding on to a white box tied by a ribbon. Ragingheart rose and advanced on Silver Spoon. She looked at the box curiously then reached for it, only for Silver Spoon to clutch it away from her.

“Lyra Heartstrings!”

Ragingheart turned. Her minions stopped immediately on what they were doing and did the same.

“Sunset Shimmer,” Ragingheart spoke up in a deep, intimidating voice.

There was no sign of fear, only determination on the approaching Sunset Shimmer. Now only a few feet apart, Sunset Shimmer and Ragingheart faced up to each other.

An MBP managed to outran two Earth ponies on the street, ahead of Mithra and White Bunneh. The ponies shrieked as the savage construct attempted to grab them. Suddenly salvos of Fiery-Ethereal Arrows pierced through its neck and forehead. Mithra and White Bunneh turned but they too get pierced.

Godslayer Watterson motioned the terrified ponies to flee. As this happens, Fighter-Mithra, armed with a shortsword and shield, leaped down from the rooftop on him. Fortunately, he dodged the attack in time. The Mithra used its shield to block the Godslayer’s subsequent shots. The arrows pierced the shield, but did no damage on the construct.

Nearby, an Archer-Mithra and an Assault-White Bunneh peered out from a corner. Archer-Mithra stepped out and aimed its crossbow at Godslayer Watterson. Meanwhile, the waiting White Bunneh was yanked back into the corner by an unseen attacker. Elbowing Dash away, the construct attempted to hit her with its grenade launcher. But Dash managed to wrest the weapon away and used it to headbutt the Assault-White Bunneh. The Archer-Mithra only managed to fire two shots before it gets blasted by Dash.

The first arrow hit Godslayer Watterson in the shoulder while the SHADE’s energy shielding deflected the second arrow. Yet even with one arrow embedded in him, Godslayer Watterson was still able to break the Fighter-Mithra’s shield then destroy the construct itself.

Dash blasted the Assault-White Bunneh before it could get up. The grenade launcher she was holding then disintegrated in the same way with the defeated constructs. Dash shrugged the strange phenomena off and ran towards where Godslayer Watterson is.

Godslayer Watterson pulled out the arrow from his shoulder, revealing his wound is superficial as only half of the arrow’s tip had pierced through.

“Hey Zach, you okay?” Dash asked immediately after she arrived.

The shocked Godslayer turned to face her. “What the- What are doing here!?”

“I wanna help!” Dash said.

Before either of them could say anything else, Discord and the Reserves came to arrive in their Super Speedy Chaser 7000s.

“Lord Watterson, the cavalry has arrived!” the captain announced.

After he disembarked from the vehicle, he was shocked to find that Dash is still here. “Miss Dash! Didn’t I tell you to leave the city moments ago!?”

Silver Spoon became distressed at the sight of her friend confronting Ragingheart. The Mithra responded by giving the Earth pony a violent shake to keep her quiet.

At the sight of this, Sunset Shimmer was now more determined than ever to save Silver Spoon and the other civilians.

She reiterated her demand to Ragingheart. “I said let them go, Lyra!”

“I am not Lyra!” the ‘Alicorn’ growled.

“You can’t hide yourself under that armor, Lyra! Why are you doing this?”

“I want Celestia! You tell that princess she has until sundown tomorrow to surrender herself and the Elements of Harmony to me!”

Having overheard Ragingheart’s demand from a nearby alley, Godslayer Watterson smacked at his helmet. “Aw crap! That’s why Ragingheart hasn’t launched a full-scale invasion yet!”

“What? What’s going on?” Dash asked him.

“She’s afraid of the Elements of Harmony,” Godslayer Watterson replied, “so she’s taking hostages as a security measure against it.”

“I get it,” Lightning Dust said in comprehension. “Nopony outside the castle knows the truth about the Battle of the Royal Sisters.”

As Godslayer Watterson tried to come up with a plan to rescue the hostages, Dash spoke up, “Hey, let me go and talk to her.”

Discord looked at Dash disapprovingly.

As if Sunset Shimmer already out there was already not bad enough, he thought.

“She’s Lyra Heartstrings, right?” Dash tried to reason with the captain. “The unicorn who’s so fond of human beings? Maybe she’ll listen to me. Or I could at least distract her while you guys think of a rescue plan,”

Godslayer Watterson thought on it for a second. “It could work but I don’t have to like it.”

“Why!?” Sunset Shimmer demanded to know.

“Why, you ask!?” Ragingheart hissed. “I left in Everfree Forest to starve to death, that’s why! What kind of princess does that to her own citizen!? For that, I swore revenge!!!”

Sunset Shimmer took notice of Ragingheart’s ‘horn’. “It’s not just that, isn’t it? She took away your horn, didn’t she? And she banished all your friends to the moon?”

“I only have one friend,” Ragingheart said, “but Celestia murdered her!”

Sunset Shimmer was taken aback by this piece of news. “No, that can’t be. She may be insane, but-”

Ragingheart darted her head close to Sunset Shimmer, hissing loudly at her.

Sunset Shimmer flinched yet remained at her best to not show any sign of fear. “Then...if that’s true, your quarrel is with Princess Celestia, not with these innocent ponies.”

“Innocent?” Ragingheart chuckled. “They’re just the same.”

“What are you talking about?” Sunset Shimmer tried to understand the situation. “Lyra, Celestia was insane when she did all those things! And you can’t just take it out on everypony irresponsibly! What’s happened to you, Lyra? You’re not yourself! Let me help you!

Ragingheart however scorned the offer of help. “If the Princess Celestia doesn’t comply, I will kill all the hostages then I will destroy this city entirely!”

“Don’t do this!” Sunset Shimmer pleaded. “Say…if Celestia’s willing to surrender, will you stop the invasion?”

“Of course- not! The princess and the Elements of Harmony in exchange for these lives! Whatever the outcome, I will take over Equestria, and by then all of you will receive your due punishment!”

Sunset Shimmer glanced at the captives desperately, thinking hard what she could do to save them.

“Then take me instead,” she said finally. “I created the monster that Celestia has become! Her insanity, her actions, it was all my fault! So please let all these ponies go, Lyra-”

Lightning Dust looked at Discord, asking what Sunset Shimmer meant by those words. Yet the captain remained tightlipped.

“I told you, not to call me- LYRA!” Ragingheart growled.

She swatted Sunset Shimmer away with such much force the unicorn was sent flying through the air. Knocking her against the fountain, Sunset Shimmer instantly passed out.

Lightning Dust almost bolted out of the alley so she could strike at Ragingheart after what happened to Sunset Shimmer, only to be stopped by Captain Discord.

“Calm down, Lightning Dust! Going in reckless will only endanger their lives. Wait until the others move into position.”

Struggling to put her anger aside, Lightning Dust finally backed down after remembering her duty as a soldier.

Nearby, Godslayer Watterson was leaping from rooftop to rooftop towards a public service building with a clock tower on top that is overlooking the market square.

“Hey, acorn-brain!” Dash called.

“What the buck,” Ragingheart was seemingly astonished at the sight of Dash, “are you?”

Looks like Trollestia really did a number on Lyra’s brain, Dash thought. “Whaddaya mean? I’m a human being, duh! You shoulda recognized when you see one!”

Dash felt anger slowly building inside her when she saw Sunset Shimmer unconscious by the fountain with a bloodied forehead.

“Look at you,” she said in a stern voice. “Here I thought vandalism and turning innocent ponies into slaves makes you just as pathetic as Trollestia. But now I see you’re more of a one-dimensional jerk than she is!”

Godslayer Watterson looked on worryingly from atop the clock tower. Come on, Dash. The idea is to distract her, not provoke her.

He surveyed the market square to pick his targets. Then he aligned a shot at one of the constructs. He did his best to focus and not let the fatigued feeling affect his aiming.

“You seriously need to chill out!” Dash was putting up a rather convincing bravado act. “Whatever your problem is, whatever crazy mess Trollestia put you in, Sunset Shimmer can help you! But what did you do!? You hurt the very friend who’s trying to help you!”

“She’s no friend of mine,” Ragingheart said indifferently.

She gazed past Dash at the Canterlot Royal Castle standing in the distance. The ‘Alicorn’ was unaware that Princess Celestia, the Elements of Harmony and practically the whole Equestrian Royal Guards were missing. All she was thinking at this time is to have the hostages secured before Canterlot has a chance to retaliate.

Ragingheart directed her minions to Dash. “Not worth my time. Kill her.”

Uh-oh… Dash frantically looked around as the constructs advanced on her.

And thus begins the Battle of the Market Square. A barrage of Fiery-Ethereal Arrows rained on the market square. Each shot hit its target with great accuracy. Hostages dropped to the ground once their captors start to dissolve.

Ragingheart quickly looked up to the clock tower. BLAMMM! She was blasted across the square by cannon fire and landed hard in front of the public service building’s entrance. The Flim Flam brothers subsequently showed up at the edge of the market square in their Super Speedy Chaser 7000, and sent the MBPs scrambling with the Gatling cannon.

Godslayer Watterson leaped from the clock tower and while doing so, his Ethereal Tek-bow changed form into dual Fiery-Ethereal Swords. After he safely landed on the ground, the Godslayer directed Dash to rescue Sunset Shimmer before going off to fight Ragingheart’s minions. Also at this point, Lightning Dust was streaking past through the fighting towards where the unconscious Sunset Shimmer is.

Meanwhile on the opposite side, Nova came to put himself in between the pursuing Fighter-White Bunnehs and the fleeing captives. A White Bunneh drew out its gauntlet blades and slashed at the changeling. Nova leaped in response, transforming into a tatzlwurm as he goes. He landed past the White Bunneh and immediately began digging into the pavement. In a split second, the ground below the constructs collapsed. Tirek proceeded to use his weapon to melt White Bunnehs trapped in the hole.

Lightning Dust’s face fell when she sighted Silver Spoon going against the fleeing crowd. The Earth pony was trying to grab her white box on the ground. But she had trouble doing so as the box constantly gets kicked around amidst the chaos.

Dash gave Lightning Dust a quick pat after she got Sunset Shimmer on the pegasus’ back. “Get outta here! I’ll go get Silver Spoon.”

Lighting Dust had no choice but to leave it to Dash. Unbeknownst to them both, Ragingheart had recovered and was watching Lighting Dust flying off with Sunset Shimmer.

Dash ran off hunched to avoid the incoming Mithras and White Bunnehs being tossed around by Ursa-Nova. Several charging MBPs attempted to cut her off but then Discord showed up to save her.

“Chaos-doers, with the power of my Exquisite Ban Hammer, I banish you all to Tartarus!!!” He slammed his hammer on the ground. A shockwave emanated around the head of the weapon, blowing the MBPs off their feet to send them flying backwards.

“Whoa!” Dash was impressed the display of power. “Totally awesome!”

She waved at the captain in gratitude. “Thanks, cap!”

Discord responded with a V-sign gesture. Dash took a quick good look at the Exquisite Ban Hammer before rushing for Silver Spoon. More MBPs began to attack the captain but the constructs proved to be no match for him. They all blew up to bits as a result.

Despite being proficient in melee combat, the Mithras and White Bunnehs are easily dispatched by Godslayer Watterson. He was soon joined by Captain Discord.

“Great job, captain!” Godslayer Watterson said. “We got them cornered. And by the way, when you said ‘Ban’, it’s just an abbreviation for ‘banish’, isn’t it?”

“Ah,” the captain smirked, “you finally figured it out.”

“Well, well, well,” Ragingheart was saying as she approached the two. “We meet again, knight-errant. You just have to refuse to die, don’t you?”

“Hey, what can I say?” Godslayer Watterson scoffed. “As the saying goes, a cat like me got nine lives.”

“Oh, really?” Ragingheart chuckled.

Up in the sky, the first wave of Dalek Tanks banked towards the market square, transforming as they make their descent.

“Looks like it’s about to run out,” she said.

Silver Spoon almost reached the white box when she was suddenly grabbed back by Dash.

“Silver Spoon, whatever’s in the box, it ain’t worth it!”

“No! Let me go!”

Silver Spoon broke free from Dash’s hold. She grabbed the box and held on to it dearly as if it is very valuable. Suddenly a Mecha-Dalek landed right in front her. The slamming of its track-feet knocked both Silver Spoon and Dash to the ground. They were now at the mech’s mercy.

Unexpectedly, a Super Speedy Chaser 6000 crashed through a wall and drove erratically around, running over many constructs in the process (except for the Mecha-Daleks whose size makes it impossible).

The Super Speedy Chaser 6000 came to an instant full stop when it hit a Mecha-Dalek in the legs, knocking the mech over and thus saving Silver Spoon and Dash. In the driver seat is Blueblood, clad in a royal guard armor.

“Faust, this thing is hard to drive!” he exclaimed, his face drenched in sweat.

Dash’s jaw dropped. What!? It was all an accident!?

Sir Blueblood was surprised to Silver Spoon and Dash but quickly shifted his focus on the Mecha-Dalek in front of him, now on its feet again.

“Get a move on, you two! I’ll take care of this abomination!”

“C’mon!” Dash grabbed Silver Spoon then took her away.

Blueblood used his unicorn magic to unholster the bazooka on his back. In doing so, he somehow managed to make a premature discharge from the cannon. The rocket projectile fired upwards in a straight line. Tthe Mecha-Dalek was poised to pummel Blueblood with its gauntlet-like fists. The rocket then fell back down in a straight line, hitting the mech’s head at an impossible accuracy. The headless mech froze, collapsed to the ground and dissolved.

Godslayer Watterson and Discord feinted with their weapons as they prepare to fight Ragingheart and the Mecha-Daleks coming to join her.

“In the name of Royal Sisters, surrender or suffer the wrath of my Exquisite Ban Hammer!” the latter declared.

“Savor your words because that’ll your last.” Ragingheart remained unintimidated.

“Well then, I got two words for you, Ragingheart!” came Blueblood’s voice. “Eat fireworks!”

He fired his cannon. However, the projectile soared high above the evil ‘Alicorn’ instead. BOOM! Godslayer Watterson and Discord steered clear right before Ragingheart and the Mecha-Daleks get crushed under the toppled clock tower.

Blueblood looked fraught at what he had done…to the clock tower. “Oh dear, I didn’t mean to do that…”

Both Godslayer Watterson and Captain Discord looked baffled.

“There’s a saying for this, isn’t there?” the former asked.

“I got nothing,” the captain frankly said.

It was then that they spotted another wave of the flying tanks was making their approach towards the market square.

“Captain, we’ve got to direct their attentions away from the civilians!” Godslayer Watterson shouted.

Captain Discord called out to the Reserves whom were finishing off the last remaining constructs, “All right, let’s pull back to the castle!”

After Sir Blueblood started his Super Speedy Chaser 6000, the vehicle drove off crazy again. It collided with a Mecha-Dalek before the Flim Flam brothers had the chance to destroy it. With the mech perching on top, Blueblood’s Super Speedy Chaser 6000 crashed through the wall of another building. They continued crashing through every building, leaving a long line of wall holes in their wake.

Godslayer Watterson and Discord exchanged a baffled glance before rushing off in the other direction just as the flying Dalek Tanks are getting nearer to the market square.

“Captain?”

“No, I absolutely have no idea whether Blueblood will make it.”

The Reserves soon joined them. As they all make their escape, Godslayer Watterson, convinced that Ragingheart is still alive (she did survive a direct cannon blast after all), turned around and shot repeatedly at the rubble whilst moving back in order to slow her down.

When they reached to somewhere in the downtown area, a group of MBPs where blocking their path up ahead. Worse, Archer-Mithras and White Bunnehs appeared on the rooftops from both sides to ambush the Equestrians. The Flim Flam brothers provided cover fire against the Archer-Mithras so that the rest are free to engage the MBPs.

Even in the heat of battle, Captain Discord still managed to bark an order or two to his subordinates. “Practice caution should you encounter any straggling civilians along the way!”

Godslayer Watterson meanwhile decided to support the brothers by battling the Mithras and White Bunnehs along the rooftops.

It turned out that Godslayer Watterson’s hunch was correct. A burst of red energy beam blasted through the rubble, throwing chunks of debris and dusts around. As the dusts begin to clear, Ragingheart emerged from the rubble with her horn glowing brightly. She gave herself a shake to draw all the debris off her. After declaring that she will personally make sure the knight-errant is dead this time, Ragingheart rocketed into the sky.

Blueblood in his Super Speedy Chaser 6000 crashed through the building door then came to a full stop on the street. On his side, he spotted Discord, Tirek and Ursa-Nova clashing with the MBPs.

“Don’t worry, captain!” the unicorn shouted. “Help’s on the way!”

Just as he was taking aim, a Mithra with an Ethereal arrow through its chest fell from the rooftop right next to his vehicle, startling the unicorn. As a result, the bazooka jolted upwards during its firing. The discharged projectile soared high above the street until it hit one of the two Dalek Tanks flying though area by coincidence. The damaged tank tumbled and collided with the other, causing both of them to spiral down out of control.

Tirek squeezed his triggers, but only a small amount of his sauce oozed out of the muzzles. “Oh, I ran out…”

Not readily to give the MBP the opportunity to maul him, Tirek swiped his cannon across the construct’s muzzle. He turned around then delivered a powerful back-kick to send the MBP hurtling backwards.

Having dealt with the construct, it was the centaur caught sight a Dalek Tank spiraling down towards them. “Incoming!”

Discord, Tirek and Ursa-Nova, having heard the centaur's warning, leaped out of the way. The tank crash-landed, skidding on the same street as they were and ended up colliding with the surviving MBPs.

On his feet again, Discord regarded Blueblood with a baffled look. “Faust Almighty, I’m completely baffled! You sir could be unknowingly Chaos-reincarnate himself!”

“Why, that was just rude,” the chancellor grumbled, notably offended by the remark.

Godslayer Watterson spotted a Dalek Tank spiraling down from the sky. He leaped away to another building, seconds before the tank crashed onto the rooftop, taking down all the Mithras along with it.

Somewhere in the maze-like back alleys, Dash and Silver Spoon stopped to recover their breath.

“You got any idea where we are?” the breathless Dash asked.

When Silver Spoon stated never went into the back alleys before, Dash cursed their luck. They randomly went into different alleys before finally finding an exit.

After telling Silver Spoon to wait behind, Dash peeked out. The coast was clear. She motioned the Earth pony to follow her and they proceeded to cross the street.

Halfway through, Silver Spoon sighted a familiar pegasus hurtling to the pavement. “Lightning Dust!”

Dash turned to see Lightning Dust, lying on the floor bruised. Sensing that something is amiss, She looked up and sure enough, Ragingheart was hovering above in the air, along with a Mecha-Dalek, which has the still-unconscious Sunset Shimmer in its grasp. Dash immediately pulled Silver Spoon away towards the entrance of another alley.

“No, wait!” the Earth pony protested. “What about them!?”

It was too late however as Ragingheart had already spotted them. The ‘Alicorn’ landed hard right in front of them to block off their escape. Dash drew back in apprehension, at the same time shielding Silver Spoon behind her.

“I was mistaken,” Ragingheart said. “Seeing how much you’re willing to do to save her, then maybe she’ll be of use to me after all.”

She pointed her hoof at Dash. “You, however…”

“Uh…can we talk about this?” Dash asked, her voice trembling.

“NO!!!” Ragingheart bellowed.

Damn it! Dash cursed. If only I can change. Please, Zach...!

Ragingheart’s horn glowed brightly. It almost appeared that she is going to blast away both Dash and Silver Spoon. But the “Alicorn’ turned away and instead fired at the rooftop of a nearby building. Godslayer Watterson landed onto the pavement safely after he barely escaped from the explosion. Wielding his swords, he charged at Ragingheart. The evil ‘Alicorn’ drew out her hoof-blades and did the same. As the two combatants battled each other out, Dash pulled Silver Spoon to hide behind a dumpster in the alley.

Godslayer Watterson and Ragingheart were locked in a duel as they parry each other’s attacks. The former almost stumbled after receiving a hard kicked hard from Ragingheart but he quickly stabilized himself. He responded to Ragingheart’s next attack with a parry followed by a swift double-slash strike. However, the damage afflicted on the ‘Alicorn’s’ armor was not significant. Ragingheart leaped clear to put herself at a distance from the Godslayer.

Since Dash and Silver Spoon were no longer in the way, Godslayer Watterson changed his swords to the tek-bow. As he prepared to shoot, the Mecha-Dalek dropped in between him and Ragingheart, with Sunset Shimmer used as a living shield. Godslayer Watterson caught himself from accidentally killing Sunset Shimmer and let his arrow misfire. Ragingheart took advantage of this and blasted back the Godslayer with her red energy beam.

Dash had saw what happened all the way her hiding place. No way! She cheated!

She was dismayed at how the battle was going, especially the way Sunset Shimmer is used against Zach. A overpowering urge to help quickly came over her.

“Silver Spoon, whatever you do, for your own good, don’t come out from here until I say so. D’you understand!?”

After Silver Spoon gave a firm nod, Dash ran out from the alley.

Godslayer Watterson lay writhing on the ground, his SHADE’s energy shielding flaring erratically. He tried to rise then fell back, screaming when Ragingheart plunged her hoof-blade into his midriff.

“Finally!” Ragingheart said triumphantly. “I could kill you right away right now! But given all the trouble you’ve caused to me in Appleloosa, I prefer to see you suffer first.”

The sadistic ‘Alicorn’ moved her blade around the wound to torture him. Godslayer Watterson writhed and cried in agony as the blade ravaged his innards, whilst making its way deep inside him.

“You leave him alone!” Dash shouted, just as she leaped onto Ragingheart’s rear, her arms clamped around the ‘Alicorn’s’ neck and helmet.

Totally put off by her obscured visor, Ragingheart pulled her blade out from Godslayer Watterson then thrashed around to shake Dash off her. Incidentally, Dash’s leg gets caught on one of the spikes on the ‘Alicorn’s’ wing during the tantrum. Having lost her grip at last, she was thrown off hard onto the pavement. As Dash lay curled up on the ground, clutching the bloodied wound on her leg, Ragingheart prepared to incinerate her.

Godslayer Watterson watched in horror as Ragingheart powered up her horn. Dash will not survive without some sort of protection. But he himself was too injured to go and save her. He made a quick decision.

Fighting off the sheer pain on his wound, Godslayer Watterson yelled, “DASH! IT’S HEARTSEEKER!”

Dash’s mind raced to figure out what those words meant.

Meanwhile, Ragingheart’s beam swept through the ground towards Dash and then ended at a building. Ragingheart looked away from the burning building at a lying figure, whose armor bore similar design to the knight-errant’s own. Realization hits her.

“So you must be the other reason why the minions I sent to kill the knight-errant never report back. That makes all the better reason for me to destroy you.”

Dash was now in her Fleet SHADE and had leaped clear of the destructive beam. The pain from the wound on her leg has somewhat subsided and she felt herself physically more powerful thanks to the assisted motion provided by the armor. She hauled herself up to Ragingheart who is briskly advancing on her.

All of a sudden, the evil ‘Alicorn’ staggered forth as salvos of Fiery-Ethereal Arrows struck her rear.

Inferno!

Godslayer Watterson’s inferno swept over Ragingheart. As soon as the flames dissipated, the ‘Alicorn’ was on her knees, smoldered and writhing.

Godslayer Dash seized her chance. She sprinted forward and struck Ragingheart in the chin, knocking the ‘Alicorn’ back. She dropped instantly to her knees at the recurring pain from her wound.

Godslayer Watterson staggered to his feet and made his way towards her.

Godslayer Dash was deeply troubled by his bleeding. “Zach, you’re hurt…”

Yet at the same time she felt awed, considering how the feline was still able walk despite mortally wounded.

“Save Sunset Shimmer and Lightning Dust,” Godslayer Watterson rasped. “Can you do that…?”

Godslayer Dash gazed at the Mecha-Dalek holding Sunset Shimmer. She then turned her gaze towards Ragingheart who was angrily rising to her hooves.

“Go...I’ll hold her as long as I can…” Godslayer Watterson urged her.

Although conflicted, Godslayer Dash nodded. There was not much she can do about the wound. Taking inspiration from Godslayer Watterson’s persistence, Godslayer Dash sprinted towards the Mecha-Dalek.

Knowing that the mech’s sheer size made it impossible for her to bring it down with her usual fighting tactics, Godslayer Dash decided to improvise. “Urgh, I’ll just wing it!”

As soon as she got close enough to the mech, it attempted to pound her using its free hand. However, the oversized fist smashed through the pavement instead after Godslayer Dash had leaped up onto its arm. She feinted a front kick at the Mecha-Dalek’s face. When the mech held Sunset Shimmer up its face, Godslayer Dash, having expected the reaction, twisted her body and leg in a split second and the kick changed into a full roundhouse, avoiding Sunset Shimmer and hit the side of the head instead.

The mech made a quick move of its arm to try brush off the Godslayer, who immediately responded by leaping off to the ground. She delivered a few powerful jabs at Mecha-Dalek’s midriff, only to deal negligible damage to the armor plating. Abruptly, Godslayer Dash once again dropped on one knee when the sharp pain recurred on her leg. Seeing that the Godslayer was distracted, the mech swatted her away with its forearm.

Ragingheart used her wings to shield herself from Godslayer Watterson’s shots. When there was a brief pause by the Godslayer due to his overwhelming pain, she charged forth to attack. Godslayer Watterson resumed firing, targeting the visor but due to his unsteady aiming, Ragingheart easily dodged the subsequent shots. The last two shots, striking at the neck and chest area, finally brought her down, yet still fail to deal any major damaged to the ‘Alicorn’s’ armor.

At this point, Godslayer Dash came landing hard on the ground right next to Godslayer Watterson, after failing to rescue Sunset Shimmer from the Mecha-Dalek.

“I’ve had enough!” Ragingheart cried after she got back on her hooves.

As Godslayer Dash came staggering up to her knees, she caught a glimpse of a peculiar object visible though Ragingheart’s fractured collar.

Although not having a definitive clue to what the object really is, she clearly remembered the gem:

- The ‘disc’ on Mecha-Dalek’s chest has the same design as the gem.

- The ‘core’ of the flower ornament on Mithra’s armband has the same design as the gem.

- The ‘ornament’ on White Bunneh’s mask has the same design as the gem.

- MBP’s bulging right ‘eye’ has the same design as the gem.

Ragingheart looked back to see Captain Discord, Sir Blueblood and the Reserves, on board their Super Speedy Chasers, came driving down the street.

Additionally, Mecha-Daleks began showing up around the area. Some were hovering in midair, the rest landed on the rooftops and on the streets. In their tight grips are ponies captured elsewhere during the Battle of the Market Square. One of them is an Earth pony who appears to be a stallion version of Featherweight. This is the colt’s dad, Lionel.

Curiosity eventually overwhelmed Silver Spoon, so she decided to take a peek. At that moment, a roaring sound came from above the alley. The next moment a Mecha-Dalek landed directly in front of alley’s entrance, its rear facing Silver Spoon. She immediately cowered back further behind the dumpster. Quivering with fear, she shut her eyes and held on tightly to her box.

“They got hostages!” Blueblood announced to the Reserves, his hoof pointed at the swarms of Mecha-Daleks.

Shock came over Nova when he saw Sunset Shimmer was one of the captured ponies. “Is that-!? Then where’s-"

The changeling flew up into the air. He spotted on the street the injured Lightning Dust, half-risen to her hooves.

Discord raised his fist in anger at Ragingheart. “Cowardice! Leave the civilians out of this, chaos-doer! I dare you to fight me one on one with my Exquisite Ban Hammer!”

Ragingheart ignored the challenge. She and all the Mecha-Daleks rocketed upwards to hover above the skyline. All the mechs moved to shield their leader by clustering around her.

The evil ‘Alicorn’ shouted her demand at the Equestrians. “By tomorrow sundown, it’s either Celestia and the Elements of Harmony or these ponies’ lives! Your choice!”

She directed the Mecha-Daleks at Godslayer Watterson.

“Target the knight-errant,” she ordered them.

All the mechs drew their cannons to aim at the Godslayer. Battling against the agonizing pain from his injury, Godslayer Watterson summoned up all his willpower to conjure his Resist Shield. The shield, ten times larger than usual, materialized at an angle above him.

“All of you get outta here now,” he shouted in a raspy voice. “I’ll try my best to block their shot!”

Godslayer Dash tried to dissuade Watterson from sacrificing himself but the feline pressed her to escape. She did not like it one bit. But after remembering that Silver Spoon, Godslayer Dash ran with a slight limp towards where she last left the Earth pony. She lifted the terrified Silver Spoon up in her arms then carried the Earth pony off into the alley.

In the meantime, Nova swooped down next to Lightning Dust. Her injury was serious but not fatal. Nova shapeshifted into a manticore then flew off as far away as possible, carrying Lightning Dust with him.

The Mecha-Daleks unleashed their cannon shells all at once. When their combined firepower completely destroyed the Resist Shield, Godslayer Watterson thought he is a goner and braced himself. But then, in a split second a blur grabbed the Godslayer, carrying him off before the firestorm could engulf him. The explosions devastated the street and its surroundings, instantly reducing it to rubble. Discord and the rest scrambled to escape the blast.

Ragingheart was confident that the knight-errant did not survive the fiery explosion. But in case he did, the feline would not last very long, due to the stab wound that she took pleasure in inflicting. The ‘Alicorn’ and all the surviving Mecha-Daleks wasted no time in fleeing from the area afterwards, together with the captured ponies.

Discord briefly surveyed the destruction. Smoke and flames rose into the sky from the damaged buildings and pavement. He let out a sigh of relief as soon as Godslayer Dash emerged from another street with Silver Spoon safe.

“Is everyone here all right?” the captain called out to his subordinates.

“We’re good!” the Flim Flam brothers said in unison.

“Still here!” Tirek declared.

“I’m all right, I think,” Blueblood gave his response.

Soon, Nova came and touched down next to the captain. He lowered Lightning Dust to the ground with care.

Discord regarded the pegasus’ condition with concern but Lightning Dust shrugged off her injuries the best she could and looked up at her captain with dignity.

“It’s nothing,” she said, though unconvincingly. “Really. But where’s Sunset Shimmer?”

When Discord grimly shook his head, the pegasus was devastated. Nova was about to comfort her when she raised her head all of a sudden, glaring at Silver Spoon with flashes of anger. Godslayer Dash reacted by wrapping her arms protectively around the guilt-ridden Earth pony.

“YOU!!!” the pegasus bellowed. “I can’t believe you! It’s your fault that Sunset Shimmer was captured! She wouldn’t be here if weren’t for your utter stupidity!”

“Lightning Dust!”

All of them turned around in awestruck, even more for Lighting Dust. From the devastation, Godslayer Watterson was staggering away, assisted by Gilda.

“Lashing out at Silver Spoon won’t help solve anything!” the griffon chided Lightning Dust.

Didn’t Sunset Shimmer say she already left Canterlot? “Gilda, I thought…”

“I’ve made up my mind, Lightning,” Gilda resolved. “I’m staying.”

The pegasus was dumbstruck by her friend’s words. First it was Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon and now Gilda? To her, things have gone from bad to worse.

Godslayer Dash urgently motioned Discord at Godslayer Watterson’s injury. “Cap, he needs medical help fast!”

Faust, that bloodied gash is… The captain looked to Gilda for help. “Miss Gilda, you’re from the Wonderbolts. With your speed, you can assist in carrying him to the shelter.”

After the griffon agreed, Discord said to her, “Nova will lead the way.”

“No,” Godslayer Watterson suddenly said.

Godslayer Dash was taken aback by his response. “Zach, are you crazy!?”

The feline’s voice was full of anguish. “It’ll take care of itself… Same as yours…”

Godslayer Dash stared quizzically at him, not quite understanding.

Godslayer Watterson walked away slowly from Gilda, just as blood started to trickle down from his mouth. “Just …don’t…change…back…yet…”

He paused for a moment, then dropped to his knees and fell flat on the ground.

“Zach!!!” Godslayer Dash rushed to Godslayer Watterson’s side but even then she was helpless to do anything for him.