• Published 2nd Nov 2015
  • 641 Views, 9 Comments

Dimensional Parallels - CombatMystic



A normal day in one world can be huge adventure in another

  • ...
4
 9
 641

Chapter 1 Through the portal

I awake to the coarse electronic sound of my alarm clock buzzing from my bedside table. After sitting in bed for a few moments, savouring in the comfortable warmth that I would have to inevitably give up, I finally muster up the motivation to roll over and open my eyes.
6:30- A regular start, to what I hope will be a good day.
I hoist myself out of bed, and sleepily make my way over to my drawers, pulling out a black T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants before pulling them on over-top of my pajamas.

I look into the mirror hanging on my wall, seeing myself in all my body’s short-brown-hair, in-serious-need-of-a-tan, splendor.

The shouting voice of my dad reverberates through my door, coming from his room, right next to mine. “Leafale! Shut that thing off it’s way too early in the morning!”
I swiftly walk over to the source of the annoying tones and press a button, shutting it off.
“Ok dad! Do you want toast for breakfast?”
I don’t get a response, so I head downstairs.

...To find my best friend-- Stahl, waiting for me.
He greets me with a smirk. “Well well well, look who slept in…”
“How the hell did you get in here? And it’s 6:35 in the morning! What time do you get up?”
“Early... enough. And besides, sleep is for pansies, I try to get as little of it as possible.”
He stares blankly at me for a second before realizing that he never answered my first question. “Oh! And yeah, maybe it’s because I’ve been here tons of times before. Annnnnd I may have your keys. May.”

“Why did you even learn those pickpocketing skills in the first place? All you’re going to do is get yourself in trouble, and/or annoy the heck out of your friends.” I give him an annoyed glance, before continuing. “And one of those things are bound to happen at some point….”

The sarchasm couldn’t have been stronger.

“Back when I was like… six… or eight or some crap, I always thought that pickpocketing was really cool. Got all the girls, blah, blah, blah, all that stuff. I know, it’s stupid. But I wasn’t exactly myself at that age...” Stahl offered up his explanation.

And I facepalmed so hard it left a red high five mark on my face.

“Bro, I think you’ve gotten that confused with James Bond…” I shook my head in exaggerated disappointment.

“Maybe. But in my experience, none of that helps as much as this.” He held both of his arms up, tensing his muscles in a display of fitness. “Blonde hair. Six pack. Tan.” His face contorted into a gloating grin as he revelled in his own ‘glory’.

The insufferability of his insanely large ego was only made worse by the fact that he actually did get girls.

An awkward silence encompasses the room before Stahl without warning, suddenly bends back, flexing both his arms, and shouts at the top of his lungs “I AM THE POWERRRRR!”

My dad shouts down from his bedroom upstairs “Be quiet or leave! I’m trying to get some sleep here!” Some inaudible mumbling involving something about ‘only day off’ and ‘stupid teenagers’ followed.

I quickly grab a soda from the fridge before we make our way out of the house.. “Yeah ok, we’re going!”

Stahl looks down at my soda as I open it. “Couldn’t you have gotten one for me?”

“Get your own soda, dude.” I pull the drink up to my mouth and take a long, hard sip, deliberately taunting him. He scowls at me for a moment before turning his attention to something in front of him.

I look towards him. “You ready to keep state champions from Canterlot High today?” I ask, blissfully ignoring the inherant cockyness in the sentence.

“Pfft. No way are we going to lose to them again. They beat us last time.” His cockyness returns along with his infamous shit-eating grin.

“...not if they suck and the sixteen year olds are professional NBA players…” I annoyingly point out to him, poking holes in this statement.

“Well that’s not the case… is it?” He says dryly.

“Annnywayyy….”

We continue walking down the street, passively observing our surroundings and silently searching for something to say.

“Is the game going to be at our court, or theirs?” I ask.

Suddenly, Stahl facepalms, eliciting a slapping sound. I turn to him with a deadpan expression. “What?”

He turns to me, a cringing expression on his face. “This isn’t good.”

“Seriously, what?”

“It’s at their court.”

“And what’s the problem?”

“Well, remember that one girl you had a crush on?”

I think for a moment before carefully saying “Yeahhh, Pinky Pie. What about it?”

“And you know about Sunset Shimmer, right?”

“Yeah, you told me.”

“Right… well both of them are at that school.”
We stare right at each other with expressionless faces and stop walking. I look down to the path ahead of me.

“Yeah, we’re screwed.”

We return to making our way down the street again, walking in silence. As I look up to admire the cloudy-but-still-kinda-sunny day, I spot three girls, each with obscenely large hairdos, attempting to rob a homeless man.

We share a look of something between disgust and amusement. “Stealing from a homeless man? Really?” The disappointment strong in my voice.

Stahl and I look at each other, both of us saying in unison, ''Just a little morning stretch.''.

We both charge the girls. I deck the girl with the blue and purple hair while Stahl knocks out the girl with the green and purple hair.

The final girl standing scoffs.'”You just hit Sonata and Aria!

I scowl at her. “...Because you were trying to rob a HOMELESS MAN!” I shake my head, and rub the bridge of my nose'

“You are the real idiot here!
Stahl stands up from inspecting the girl he knocked out. '' Leafale, her name is Adagio. She’s… well...a witch.

Adagio growled in anger. ''I’m NOT a witch! I don't have any magic you fools!''

“You just robbed a poor homeless man. That qualifies to make you a witch, in my books.''

“No we weren't!” She said, evidently lying out of her teeth as she started stuffing money into her pockets.

Stahl walks up to the orange-haired girl. ''Be a good girl, and run away now.''

“So now are we going to fight two V one? ‘Cause that’s not fair to a girl.''
We both roll our eyes, shortly before Stahl throws an uppercut straight into her jaw, causing her to land on her head.”

Stahl replies'' are you kidding me with the afraid of the dark thing now.''I shake my head and reply'' its not the dark itself it is what might be hiding in it.''

Stahl laughs and says''c'mon wus.''A huge bang and a vast rainbow covers the sky.

Stahl says''we got time lets find out what that noise was.''

I say'' well where are we going to now?''

Stahl shrugs and replies''lets just head to school and get ready for the ten oh clock game.''
We make a left turn onto magnolia st and two buses are lined up ready to take us to the game. Stahl grins and says'' well we weren't the early bird.''
'I reply, ''No shit! Let’s just get on the bus.'' We walk around the bus and the bus driver

was not even in the bus. Stahl sighs while I put my hands on the back of my head. A

white lady with pink green and light blue hair is sitting at the front gates.

I look at Stahl then back at her and say, ''Dude, who is she?''

As if on cue, the lady gets up and starts walking over to us. Stahl looks at me clueless and

I am thinking', “Get her.''

But by the time I am about to say something the lady introduces herself. She says, "My

name is Principal Celestia and I am here to let you guys know that we forfeit today’s

game. Please tell your coach that and have a good day.''

I look at her in awe as Stahl looks like he is about to punch her in the face. Stahl says,

''Now why are you forfeiting today's game?''

Principal Celestia replies, ''None of your concern. Now I must be off.''

Principal Celestia then walks off into the dark morning and as I turn to Stahl I thought,

''Oh something is going to go down for sure.''

Stahl growls, ''You left rather than deal with this yourself.''

I take a step in front of Stahl and say, “Whoa, we are not getting into a fight. Maybe she

wants us not to show so we lose.''

Stahl looks into my eye and replies, ''I don't care for stupid mind games, I care about if

you can deal with things yourself rather than back out.''

I reply, ''Well, that is great and all, but we should not do anything rash though.'' Stahl

nods and takes a seat next to the door of the school. I shrug and take a seat next to him.

I look at him and state, ''Sometimes in order to win a fight you just don't get in it.”

He looks at me and replies, ''Do you know of any way that we could go over there

without getting into trouble?''

I grin and say, ''Well, depends what we do over there, but yeah I know some things to

keep us from suspension.''

Stahl says, ''Just to ask some questions and stuff.''

I say, ''So the game is at noon and we are both graduating early. So really one day of

sleeping in doesn't really hurt that bad.''

Stahl replies, ''So what are the downsides to that then?''

''Detention is the downside but being the new principal favorite maybe nothing, '' I

replied. Stahl ponders on what to do as I check my watch revealing that it was 8:24.

I say, ''Whatever you decide we should do now before any teachers see us here.''

Stahl gets up and states, ''You don't have to come with me, but I am going to trash the

hell out of her office.''

I get up as well and reply, ''A distraction might be needed to get you out so I'm in.''

Stahl asks, ''Leafale, do you know where we are going?'' I realized that the game was

most likely cancelled from the rainbow lightshow.

Stahl says, ''Well Leafale, do you know or don't you know where it is?'' I explain to Stahl

what I had just realized and he responds by taking off running.

Stahl calls out, ''Hurry up chunky.'' I groan and run after him thinking maybe I should

have said nothing.

As we run the sun slowly rises making it bright and warm. Stahl says, ''I really am just

following my gut now.'' We turn another corner and we completely back tracked to where

we fought the three weird girls. The homeless man tries to hide behind a diner.

Me and Stahl approach him and I say, “Could you point us in the direction of the

Canterlot High School please?''

He simply points up the street and replies, ''Go straight for a mile, then take a right and it

will be on your right.'' Stahl turns and runs while I gave the guy a nod a ran after Stahl.

When I finally catch up to him we are at the corner of the high school and we see seven

girls talking at the front doors.

I look at Stahl and say, ''We need to know what they are talking about. Do you think we

would both fit behind that statue?''

Stahl looks at me and says, ''You don't realize who is over there, do you?''

I sigh and reply, ''Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Principal Celestia and Sunset.''

Stahl says roughly, ''Yeah, and how are we supposed to ask any girl out if we show up

out there school like creepers.''

I look at him then at the girls and say, ''Well, we are here now, so why not. We don't even

know what they think, so just give it a shot.''

Stahl softens his tone and responds, ''Well, I guess your right. So straight up and ask or

hide and overhear what they are saying?''

''Just go straight up and ask,'' I reply.

Stahl looks at them again and says, ''You will lose your cool. Just do your stealth mode

behind the statue.''

I groan and reply, ''Fine.'' Stahl comes up from the side of the school and I decide to sit

down and lean against the statue.

Stahl says, ''How come you guys don't want to play a game of basketball against Crystal

Prep today?''

Principal Celestia gasps and Rainbow Dash says, ''Oh, I never back down from a game.''

Stahl replies, ''Didn't stop your Principal Celestia from coming on over and saying you

forfeit.''

Rainbow Dash looks in shock at her principal and she asks, ”Why?”

Celestia replies, ”After last year this CIF match is forfeit.''

Celestia turns her back and walks inside. Sunset Shimmer says, ''I best go home as soon

as it opens.''

Pinkie hugs her and says, ''You will come and visit us, right?''

Sunset answers, “I am only gone for a few days to visit the other Twilight and my

family.”

I'm thinking wait what opens and she is leaving and then I fall straight through the statue

into a vortex of colors.