• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 904 Views, 18 Comments

A New Dawn - Crimson Twilight



Follow Comet Trail on an, hopefully, epic adventure in ponyville and beyond! Why doesn't he talk about himself? What dark secrets is he hiding? Wait, what?

  • ...
7
 18
 904

Chapter 4, A Turn of Events (revisited as of 2015/11/15)

Comet walked through town after he had worked on Sweet Apple Acres for a couple of hours. He was still annoyed by the fact that they had paid him when he had wanted to do some charity work. But, if he couldn't do that then he just has to make do. I can still work a Sweet Apple Acres to get some bits, it wouldn't hurt to have some money. But if I can't do that I'll have to find another way to repay them. I'll see if someone else needs my help if nothing else they might pay me, even though getting money isn't my end goal.

Walking back through town, Comet found three mares on the ground, pink, a darker shade of pink and cream white and lime, yellow and rose red mane and tail respectively, outside a flower shop. "The horror, the horror!" They wailed. In front of them was a flower with some of its petals laying around it.

He dashed to them to see what had happened as nopony else did it. "Art thou alright, I heard thine cry and it sounded as thou were in trouble, care to tell what happened?" The mares looked at the stallion in wonder at the strange accent but quickly forgot about it.

"It's terrible, everything's ruined!" one of the mares said pointing at the damaged flower.

Wait, wait, wait, all this trouble over a damaged flower? Well, I guess I'm not the one to judge. "Let me help thou repair thine flower." And as he said it he ignited his horn. Instead of an aura around it, swirls of black, dark grey and lime summoned around both the flower and his horn, as the flower mended back together. The mares looked in shock and awe as their flower was as good as new. "The flower has also been enchanted now to be a bit more resilient to physical force." He added as they noticed the small glow it gave out. "As well as to shimmer."

"Thank you, thank you!" They said in unison "How can we ever repay you? How were you even able to do that?"

Shaking his head as he spoke, "Thou don't have to repay me as I only mended and enchanted the flower." But the mares had other plans, they brought him a bouquet of flowers with the enchanted flower in the middle, causing the others to look shiny.

"We don't know of any better way to repay you, we hope that they taste well." The cream-white Earth Pony said as she handed them over to the surprised stallion.

"Taste well!? Why eat so beautiful flowers? They are too beautiful to be wasted like that!" Comet said with a slightly raised voice. "They are too beautiful for me to just be given like that."

"They're yours. If you don't want to eat them then you don't have to. I'm Roseluck by the way, and that's Lily and Daisy." She said as she pointed towards the two other mares. And with that, they left to continue their work as Comet mumbled a 'Thank thou'.

Wow, nopony has ever been so kind to me, well nopony except Twilight and her friends, but I didn't even use a spell on them. Hmm, come to think of it, maybe Twilight will like the flowers, I could give them as a show of appreciation for everything she has done. I should also do something for Roseluck and her friend sometimes. He continued towards the castle again, this time with flowers in his magical grip.

On his way, he meets Rarity outside Carousel Boutique, and that does not bode well when you're covered in dirt and dust. "Darling!" Comets' attention turned to Rarity at the calling. Somehow, he had a bad feeling. "Darling, just look at you, covered in dirt and all! Fear not, I shall help you! After I'm done I'll make you look fabulous!" He shook his head at the comment, but it didn't help that he had the bouquet with him as Rarity exclaimed, "You can't look like that if you're going to ask somepony out!"

Just as he was going to respond she brought him inside the boutique where she started to take measurements on him after getting him sparkling clean.

Everything happened so quickly that he wasn't sure what was going on until she broke away. "What's going on? What art thee doing to us?"

Rarity quickly answered his question, "It's not proper to be covered in dirt when you're going to ask somepony out. And that's why I'll make you look like the gentlecolt you are!"

"Ask somepony out? I wasn't planning to do that! I was just going to give them to as thanks."

She shook her head in response, "You don't have to hide it from me. So tell me, who's the lucky mare?"

"Humph, thou just sound like my brothers and sisters−" He shook his head at the thought of his past, "Classical cha− err..." He stopped mid-word almost revealing too much of his secrets. "Forget that I said that..."

Rarity gave him a strange look, wondering what he had been talking about, but not giving it too much thought as she had more pressing matters. "Well, you can still look fabulous!"

"Wow, thank thee, Rarity. I feel like I also owe thou now." She had dusted him off, so far as you might think that his fur was shining, so clean was it. She had also found the time to fix his tail and mane, it actually shining, similar to Princess Lunas. It even had the same ethereal look, the only difference being the colors. Ok, it didn't actually look ethereal like Luna's, but everypony can dream, right? Though, it was shinier than usual.


After the encounter with Rarity, Comet was heading back to the castle. The crystal castle truly was a sight to behold, made almost purely of crystal, almost. But what was even more special about it was that it was the tree of harmony that had given it to Twilight, the tree of freaking harmony! Now that was special.

As Comet entered the castle he found it empty. This was quite nerve-wracking to him. That was until he remembered that Twilight had said earlier that morning. Gosh, I almost forgot that she was mean to stay at− Rarity's. His eyes went wide at the realization. Oh no, Rarity's probably going to tell her, and if she does, it won't be a surprise! Maybe she doesn't tell her. He hadn't noticed that he had walked into the throne room with its seven thrones, and the map, until he heard the front doors opened. He heard two ponies enter, one of them speaking.

"So tell me Rarity, why is it so important that we headed back to the castle? And why did you have me getting my mane fixed, I just don't get it?"

"Darling, if I said what it was it wouldn't be a surprise." As if on cue the two ponies entered the throne room, the first one being Rarity, the second one Twilight.

Comet just stood in front of Twilight, with the flower bouquet in front of him, uncertain of what to do. Twilight too mirrored the reaction, until she spoke up. "Yes, I'd love to." Comet was uncertain of what was going on here. What is she saying yes to? "Pick me up at 7 pm outside the castle. And thanks for the flowers." Comet was just processing what had just happened.

Once he was done he noticed a smile on Rarity's face, one that said 'I ship that'. He also noticed that Twilight had taken the flowers that he had, but to be fair they were meant to her. "Did that just happen?" was all that he could say.