• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 794 Views, 25 Comments

Heart Shards: Revolution - SparkStone



A human falls into Equestria at the worst time, being pulled into the middle of a revolutionary war between Celestia and a powerful foe from Unity.

  • ...
3
 25
 794

Chapter 5 - The Value of the Princess's Student


Mystery Track #08


I felt like I hit my head on something hard. I was just heading over to Lori’s, but next thing you know, I find myself in the middle of nowhere. I guess I should be scared… but, for some reason, all of this looks natural. I can’t place my finger on it.

I found a neat partner to travel with for a while. She says she’s on a journey to some temple. But if I keep quiet and everything, she’ll help drop me off at the nearest town.

But it looks like all she wants me to do is to be dead quiet.

End of Track


Spike’s POV – Twilight’s been kidnapped!?


I was heading home pretty late. I hope Twilight doesn’t mind. Helping Rarity find gems is rewarding after all. Even if I didn’t get any gems to snack on. On the way, I noticed there was a little light show at the house. I bet Twilight’s crazy experiment went off. I hope I don’t have to pick up books or mop the floor again.

All jokes aside, when I went in, I saw something that made me pale. Emma was holding her side. Her stomach had bandages around it, and there was blood on the ground and the walls. I ran to her and said, “Emma! What happened!? Are you alright!?”

“Spike…” Emma muttered. “I’m glad you’re back. Twilight’s been kidnapped.”

I held my head in horror. “WHAT!? Who took her!?”

“I don’t know…” Emma replied. She took out a sheet of paper and said, “But I managed to grab this from one of them during the scuffle.”

“What is it?”

“A map leading to the old castle of the princesses. Pass the Everfree forest.” She informed me. “It says here that they’ll be camping there for the night before taking her off to who knows where.”

“Then we gotta stop them!” I declared.

“Stop who?” Rainbow chimed in, walking through the door. “Hey guys, what’s with all the ruckus? I was about to head home until this place had one heck of a light show.”

Rainbow along with Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity came in. They were all probably checking in from the same loud noise as Rainbow. When they looked at Emma, they all screamed.

“Emma! What happened to you!?” Applejack asked.

“Are you alright?” Fluttershy questioned.

“Who hurt you!?” Rainbow inquired. “When I get my hooves on them, I’m gonna-”

“No time to worry about me right now!” Emma stated. “Twilight’s the one in danger! She was taken hostage by some strangers!”

Emma grunted and tightened her grip on her waist. Every pony was about to get closer to help Emma, but she pulled out her hand to stop them.

“What happened here?” Rarity wondered. “I see blast marks here and there, and a puddle of blood. What trouble started all of this?”

She sighed and sat down as she gave the story. “The shaking and the noise from earlier was a failed spell by Twilight in an attempt to make a portal back to my world.”

We were all a bit surprised, but Emma raised an eyebrow at all of us. “I was sure you all knew of this since you all discussed it back then.”

“Well, yes, but we didn’t expect her to be doing it so soon. Much less have a test trial on it.” Rarity explained.

“Anyways.” Emma continued. “After that, these… other ponies came in, and came for Twilight. I tried to stop them, but got shot doing it. Twilight ran out of magic from the spell from earlier, and couldn’t stop them either.”

“Those meanies!” Pinkie shouted.

“We have to do something!” Applejack said aloud.

“We just have to find them!” Rainbow pointed out.

“But where do we start looking?” Fluttershy asked.

I jumped up and down to get their attention. After they turned to me, I said, “Emma grabbed a map from one of them! They took Twilight to the old castle in the Everfree forest!”

“Oh… Why did they have to go there?” Fluttershy whimpered.

“We know the place.” Applejack informed Emma. “We won’t be needing a map. We’ll just head on over there and be back before you know it.”

“I’m coming too.” Emma declared.

The girls all looked at Emma awkwardly. Rainbow was scratching her head, saying, “Emma, I like the gusto. Really, seeing you amped like this is awesome and all. But you’re… just gonna get in the way.”

“Rainbow!” Rarity scolded at Rainbow.

“Well it’s true!” she countered.

“I hate to agree with Rainbow on this.” Applejack stated. “But she’s right. You’re hurt, and you’ve been getting the heat of things too often. How about you sit this one out, okay sugar cube?”

Emma looked down and moped a bit. “But…”

“Sorry Emma.” Pinkie apologized, putting her hoof on Emma’s shoulder. “We’ll be done in a jiff! So don’t worry!”

“So, um… Please stay here Emma.” Fluttershy requested.

The five left, leaving Emma and me to wait around the library. She sat down on a chair with the map in her hands. I walked over to her and asked if she was alright.

“So, how’s that wound?”

“It stopped hurting.” Emma replied. Emma kept looking at the map and thinking about Twilight. Honestly, I wanted to go too. I just wasn’t sure how I could help. I was twiddling with my claws for a while. Emma kept tapping her foot, getting impatient. It didn’t take long for her to stand up and say, “Spike, I’m going after her.”

“But, you’re hurt!” I reminded her.

“I don’t care about that. Twilight’s done too much for me. I can’t just sit around when she’s in danger. The others might be in trouble too.”

“They usually make it out okay.” I assured her.

“You can stay here if you want, but I’m going after them.”

She stood up and was about to go. She was walking with her spear like a walking stick. I sighed and went with her, opening the door to let her pass. I decided to go with her.

“Let’s go then.”

She smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I felt really hot in the head before we headed out.


Fluttershy’s POV – About leaving Emma behind…


We all approached the Everfree forest, passing through the entrance and into the darkness. I was sort of scared, but I became used to going to places like these. As long as my friends were with me, I should be fine. As we walked, we were all pretty quiet, probably thinking about Emma. We weren’t very happy about what was said, but it was for her own good. Emma probably understands as well. She’s very smart after all.

“Do you really think it was right for us to leave Emma behind?” Rarity wondered. “She out of all of us, would like to redeem herself by going after them as well.”

“The kid’s better off waiting at home.” Rainbow stated.

“She’s not a child, Rainbow.” Rarity retorted.

“I hate to belittle Emma as much as you Rarity, but Emma’s fighting spirit… ain’t gonna save her from another accident. Sure, she was able to make it from a knife and a shot of magic, but that’s too many close calls.” Applejack pointed out. “If she was going to fight those ponies again, she might not be so lucky.”

“Also, the clothes you made her would get even more worn out.” I added.

“Good point.” Rarity admitted. “But do you really expect her to give up so easily?”

“Well, Spike’s there.” Rainbow remembered. “He’ll keep an eye on her.”

“Oh! Speaking of eyes on her, did you hear what Spike saw when he and Emma were at the spa?” Rarity mentioned.

Rainbow raised an eyebrow and said, “Uh, is this really the time?”

“What’d he see? What’d he see?” Pinkie asked.

“Apparently, Spike saw Emma naked. Now I was always curious as to why she would always wear clothing, but it had something to do with her chest.”

“Her chest?” we all repeated. Rarity nodded, making us all think about it for a moment.

“Well, it’s none of our business to pry.” Applejack stated. “Let’s just focus on finding Twilight.”

I kept thinking about what she meant by her chest. It didn’t take long when I knew what she was talking about. “Oh! You mean her… oh… Oh!” I felt a bit embarrassed to think about it.

“What?” Rarity asked. “Do you know something about Emma?”

“Yes, and regarding her… chest, let’s just say that’s a… private part.”


Twilight‘s POV – The Revolutionaries


Being here at the old castle of the princesses, I was being held captive by the ponies who broke into the library. They were all wearing cloaks, so I couldn’t see their faces. But I couldn’t think about that right now. I was worried about Emma. She took another shot, and she was bleeding this time. I don’t know if she’s alive. I really hope she’s okay.

“Why the long face?” the leader of the pack asked.

“You hurt my friend.” I growled.

“You mean that tall creature?” He thought. “Honestly, I thought that was your pet. I don’t think I even heard it talk.”

“How could you!?” I shouted at him.

“Easy now, I was only joking.” He chuckled. “She should be fine. Even if there was blood, a colt could survive that blast. She wouldn’t be able to move for the time being, but other than that, she’s still alive.”

He walked to me and tugged the ropes to make sure I was tied pretty well. He tapped the ring on my horn to check if it was on properly. While he did that, I asked, “Why are you doing this?”

“Don’t play coy about your identity.” He remarked. “We know of your connection to Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle. And we plan to make full use of you as our hostage.”

“Why do you have to go so far to break in and take me captive?” I questioned. “What are you after!?”

He placed his hoof under my chin and said, “The throne of Canterlot my dear.”

My eyes shrunk at what he said. I merely stared into space, wondering who in the world would go so far. The stallion turned and said, “I can see you’re in shock.”

“Why in Equestria would you want to do that for?” I questioned.

He pondered a bit in thought before saying, “Have you ever heard of Unity? The city known for uniting the clans and tribes around Equestria?”

I shook my head, making his smile turn into a frown. “I’m not surprised really. Thanks to Princess Celestia, Unity became a long and forgotten land. What was once a thriving city was reduced to a gathering of the weak and the dead. Because of her, my homeland was left to rot.”

“But… Princess Celestia wouldn’t…”

“Are you calling me a liar when I myself have witnessed it!?” He questioned. I merely kept silent as he placed his hoof on his eyes rubbing them for a moment. "Once, there was a king that wanted power…the first place he took was Unity. Princess Celestia responded to the loss of Unity by defeating the tyrant and banishing him to the bottom of the oceans, petrified in stone for all eternity. Though we have fought alongside her, we have done all we could to prevent HIM from entering Equestria any further, and we have even believed in her!"

For a moment he stopped. Once again, he rubbed his eyes before continuing. "She never reclaimed Unity. For a long time, we have waited for her to send supplies and news, but nothing from Equestria came… nothing from Canterlot… Just what was she doing up there!? Many of us have suffered through famine and drought due to that king, and yet, she chose to leave us be?! We nearly died out! If we didn't leave Unity before things got worse, then we wouldn't be alive…"

“But you don’t have to do this!” I told him. “If you just go to her and tell her about the problem, she’ll-”

“No.” He declined. “She failed to notice her mistake. A mistake that harmed hundreds of ponies, griffons, minotaurs, and ESPECIALLY humans! They were there, and now they’re gone.”

“… Humans…?” I muttered.

“Unity Humans are the smartest kind there are. They were however wiped out once they left Unity, unable to do anything against the vile who hunted humans down.” He said with shame. “Thanks to Celestia’s carelessness, a great group of humans were taken, like sheep and timber wolves.”

“Commander Gnosis!” One of his men called out. “We spotted someone coming this way!”

“What is it?” He questioned.

“A… Baby dragon and… the human we shot at!”

“She’s still moving?!” He said in surprise.

“Emma! Spike!” I cried out.

Gnosis looked at me for a moment before turning to the pony. “Get rid of them”

“What!?” I shouted. “Don’t do it! Just leave them alone!”

“I can’t risk anything coming this way.” Gnosis stated. “Fire until there is no trace of them. Total annihilation.”

“Stop! Don’t do it!” I screamed.

“Yes sir.” The soldier saluted. He turned to his fellow peers and told them, “We are clear to fire.”


3rd POV – Engage Battle!


Emma and Spike traversed through the mountain pass, and found a rather simple pathway that’ll lead to the back of the castle. Emma held onto her bandages for a moment before continuing. Spike looked at her wondering if she was alright.

“Emma, maybe we should head back.” Spike suggested. “I mean, you’re getting tired and weaker, right? So maybe you should-”

“Not gonna Spike.” She told him. “I gotta do it. Standing around like a bystander. Waiting around like a damsel in distress… I’m tired of it, and I want to prove to them and to myself I can do this.”

“But what if-” Spike stopped and heard something shoot off. “Do you hear… fireworks?”

The two of them looked up and saw streaming fireworks totally screaming loud noises before heading towards their direction. Spike and Emma started to panic and run, but they were pretty close. The mountain was shaking and the ground started to crumble. Emma and Spike tried to find someplace safe, but there wasn’t anything to go to. Soon, Emma tripped and started to slip and fall. Spike tried to reach her, but there was a lot of flashing from the explosions. When he finally got a good look around, he found no trace of her.

“Oh SHOOT! EMMA!” Spike cried out.

The earth beneath Spike crumbled and sent him tumbling down. A few painful moments on landing on loose branches, a few rocks, and various plants with spines on them, he finally ends his descent on a bush. He rubbed his head a bit from his dizziness before looking up and finding himself in the presence of the five ponies.

“SPIKE!?” they all called out.

“Oh, uh, hey…” Spike sheepishly greeted.

“What in tarnation are you doing here?” Applejack questioned.

“And what was with all those explosions earlier?” Rarity added.

Spike had his eyes look the other way as he tried to think of an answer. “Um…”

“… And where’s Emma?” Fluttershy also asked.

The little dragon cowered a bit and poked his fingers together. “We uh… went to try and rescue Twilight. But they saw us and started shooting like crazy, so we tried to make a break for it. It happened really fast, but last I saw Emma, she was hanging on the ledge. I… don’t know what happened after that.”

The girls paused for a moment with reactions of fear and worry. Rarity managed to quickly recommend, “We should go look for her! She probably made it!”

“You and Fluttershy oughta look for Emma.” Applejack told them. “Rainbow and I will keep them off your backs. Pinkie! Spike!”

“Yes?” They both responded.

“While we keep them distracted, you go find and help out Twilight.”

Given their orders, they follow through with Applejack’s plan. Rainbow hits her hooves together before saying, “Let’s make em’ pay for trying that stunt on Emma.”

Starting the attack, Applejack and Rainbow Dash charge in. The reckless pegasus flies high and swoops pass the unicorns on the wall, tripping them to fall off of it. Applejack breaks their blockade at the front door and causes rampage to all the foes in there.

Rarity and Fluttershy quickly took the chance to look for Emma while Pinkie and Spike snuck around the battle. The three groups split up, but still remember the plan.

-Find Emma.

-Defeat the enemies that attacked Emma and kidnapped Twilight.

-Rescue Twilight.


3rd POV – Find Emma


Rarity and Fluttershy searched the area near the mountainside. The rubble flooded over the trees and bushes, turning the piece of the forest into a pile of dirt. There wasn’t much to look at, it being deserted, all animals have fled the scene making it look almost lifeless. Worst case scenario would be…

“You don’t think… Emma’s buried under here, do you?” Fluttershy thought.

“I hope not.” Rarity replied with discomfort. “There’s enough mountain debris to bury the trees. For Emma to be under here with the wounds she has, we’d be digging up Emma’s body.”

“But where else should we look?” Fluttershy wondered.

“Well, for one, she’s resourceful, so she’d attempt to escape. She would probably be safe, but unable to locate. On the other hoof, she’s not in her best condition, so she might have succumbed to her injuries in the crucial moment.” Rarity noted.

“But… Does that mean Emma’s dead…?”

Rarity peered down for a moment, thinking of the worst possibilities. But she then recalled of all of the bleakest moments with the single fragment of hope, guiding her to a better ending. With that in mind, she looked to her saddened friend and said, “I’m sure she’s fine. We need to find her so we can help her get back on her feet.”

“Oh, I beg to differ. The girl shouldn’t have survived magic blasts that severe. If it wasn’t that, than surely the land slide would have her dead.” Another voice spoke, entering the scene. The red unicorn shines his horn with red aura and lifts the two off their feet. Using a spell, he renders their bodies motionless, frozen in time. They look around with their still moving eyes as they see Gnosis laugh.

“My, my, I hope you aren’t thinking you’re facing normal ponies.” He teases. “We were trained to be adepts in magic to the very least. Any pony willing to go close to our caliber would have to have the same bravado as our peers.”

It didn’t take him very long to stop us! Rarity thought. He’s as good as Twilight!

“Your friend is waiting for us.” Gnosis tells them. “Let’s not take too long.”


Rainbow’s POV – Defeat the Enemies


When a bunch of punks come and take your friends, you know what you gotta do? You gotta fight back! Duh!

Out of all the times we get in the thick of things, we’ve always kinda treaded lightly on the trouble. But now it’s getting more and more dangerous, with Emma getting hurt to Twilight being nabbed! With all this going on, I have more than enough reason to put a thrashing on these guys!

Applejack and I are giving the beat down these guys deserve for messing around! While AJ takes the ground route, I’m up in the air ready to show them what’s up!

I got about seven or even nine guys up here with me. They’re fast and all, and they even have these weird armor on their wings. When flying against them, they keep slapping that stuff on me, trying to bruise me up. I got annoyed, so I did a spin to whirl the wind enough so I could get them to shake their flying. They were starting to mess up on keeping their flight steady, so I took the chance to attack back! I flew above them and kicked them down. A few more were still up, but I was still faster. Grabbing them and throwing them at each other was easy. Beating the crowd wasn’t a huge problem in the end.

Applejack was practically stampeding through the ones on the floor. She cracked out her lasso and tied one up, and then swung the poor guy around like a flail. She was hitting two, ten, and then a bunch of them with that one guy. I’ll admit, she was pretty cool doing that, but I’m not letting her show me off!

But the fun ended when this one guy came by and bashed his wing on me. I spun a bit from the hit, but recovery was no problem. When I came to though, he came at me again and kept me swirling in the sky. I hit the walls, the ground, and the tree. Getting tired of being tossed around, I managed to see him and punch his wing. It stopped him from going on and made him go back to hovering. But DANG, his wing hurt my hoof like crazy!

After rubbing my hoof, I turned to see the thing annoying the life out of me turned out to be a griffon! He had claws and wings with some sort of metal on them. He looked at me all serious and cocked his head before saying, “What’s a little girl doing out here in the middle of the forest? Shouldn’t you be home with your parents?”

“Hey! I’m not a little kid you flying cat!” I shouted back, making his stare turn into a glare. “And you better watch it, because you guys are gonna pay for what you did!”

“Brats like you certainly annoy me.” He scoffed before looking down at all of the guys Applejack and I beat. “Especially when you harm my squadron.”

“What are you gonna do about it?” I smirked, teasing the dude.

“As Air Specialist of the Dive Hawks, I will show you the power of true warriors of the air!” He bragged, showing off the metal on his wings. He spread them out real wide and puffed his fluff from his chest, trying to scare me with his size. “For I am Markee! The Deadeye sniper of the sky!”

“What a bunch of stupid names.” I couldn’t help but say out loud. His face scrunched up in this twisted, furious expression. “I mean seriously, just call yourself Markee, flying dude. End of story.”

“You best shut your mouth whelp.” He sneered. “Each title is important. For example, Dive Hawk is given the name for our ability to pierce the air with gravity.”

“Uh huh…” I nodded. “And how is that cool?”

“It makes picking out ground units much easier.” He said before going down. I raised my eyebrow wondering what he meant until I noticed who he was aiming for. Applejack didn’t notice Markee, so I flew to her and shouted to get her attention.

“AJ! Above you!” I warned her.

“Huh?” Applejack spoke as she turned. When she saw Markee, she made a break for it. Even though she got away, Markee was still speedy, and soon used the momentum to fly back up and at me.

“Gotcha!”

I got grabbed by the dude and was sent hurdling over. He thought he could take control of the flight, but once I got myself moving, I threw him off his course. Along with the out of control flight, I gave a deep kick down and made a blow land right in the stomach. He held his side before I gave another kick to his face. He then got thrown straight down. I admit, I thought I won. That was until I noticed he was diving again, and starting aiming for Applejack. I gritted my teeth and tried to catch up, but he was too fast and too close! He managed to throw AJ off into the air.

Applejack was shaking her hooves, trying to land on her feet. “WAH!”

“Hold on! I’m coming!” I told her. But when I tried to catch her, Markee came in and elbowed me right in. I fell on the ground and looked up to find the dude standing in my way. Applejack crashed to the floor, and the griffon was having that annoying smirk.

“Now do you see the difference in our abilities?”

“All I see is you doing dirty tricks!” I told him.

“No pony likes a sore loser.”

I got on my hooves and flapped my wings twice to make sure I was alright. I kicked the ground and got ready. “You tell yourself that after I beat the living snot out of you!”

“Really? And how do you plan to do that?” He questioned.

Suddenly, AJ’s rope came and lassoed the dude. He turned and saw her steaming with anger.

“You’re gonna have a bad time mister.”

“You-!”

AJ then threw the punk up in the air and to the walls of the old castle. He was about to get loose from the rope, but I came in and dug him into the wall even deeper. He was trying his best to keep himself from being plunged into the castle wall, but the bricks started to break for him, and bury him within the walls. During his descent, he tried to say something.

“You… cheated…!”

“You hurt my friends!” I reminded him. “So you got what you deserved!”

After that, his body broke through the brick wall. The dude was for sure K.O.’d. After all that, I flew to Applejack and checked on her.

“Hey, you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” She said, somewhat bothered. “That rapscallion sure knows how to get on my nerves.”

“He was pretty boring to tell you the truth.” I stated. “Come on, the others must be inside!”


3rd POV – Rescue Twilight


Twilight sat alone in the camp of the revolutionaries. She looked down in despair, wondering what became of her friends. He question was soon answered as the pink mare and the baby dragon approach her with caution. With the area seem to be clear, they race over to Twilight. When Twilight looked up and saw Spike, she was astounded, and quickly said…

“Spike! You’re alive!”

“Shh!” They shushed her. Spike looked around to make sure they were alone before he started to untie Twilight. “We’re here to get you out of here!”

“I’m so glad your okay!” Twilight cried. “When Gnosis said that he was getting rid of you and Emma, I was so worried. Is she here with you too?”

Spike looked down, unable to have the stomach to say what happened again. Pinkie however said, “Of course! Fluttershy and Rarity are out looking for her right now!”

“I hope they find her soon then.” Twilight sighed.

“TWILIGHT!!!” Rainbow called.

“Gosh darn it Rainbow! You gotta be quiet!” Applejack scolded her. “What are you trying to get every pony’s attention for?”

The blue pegasus rolled her eyes and said, “Oh please! I’m pretty sure we got all of them.”

“Rainbow! Applejack!” Twilight called back. “Have you seen Emma too?”

“Rarity and Fluttershy were the ones looking for her.” Rainbow told them.

“Now that you mention it, they should’ve been back by now.” Applejack thought.

“See? We’re late because of our ramblings.” Gnosis spoke, entering the scene with Rarity and Fluttershy being held in his levitation. He goes about nonchalantly, relaxed with a dangerous aura of sureness. “Of course, it’s no trouble. Luckily, I have made a fall back plan.”

Underneath Rainbow and Applejack, strange markings decorated the floor as if something was chipping the stone. The palace of old hums along with the shaking earth. The mares and the baby dragon look around as the rumbling sources from Rainbow and Applejack. Taking the chance to move, the two attempt to flee from their spots, but in a moment too late. Gigantic gauntlets of stones lift from the ground like distorted magic, and hold the two in its strong grip. Along with the gauntlets of rock, a head, a body, and two legs accompany it. The form is shown, and towers over them. Pinkie, Spike, and Twilight gaze upon the doom that looms over them, surrounding all options of escape. They were cornered, with no other means of victory.

“A… Golem…” Twilight muttered. “Ancient technology crafted by the humans…”

“This is checkmate Sparkle.” Gnosis told the trio. The golem squeezes the two mares a bit to show the power it has. Rainbow and Applejack hold in their screams, hoping to not let their pain make their friends falter. Gnosis grins sadistically as he took the advantage of the field easily. Turning to the rest of the rebels of rebels, he explains to them, namely all but Twilight. “As you may or may not know, Golems can only be defeated by the means of great power, and seeing how most of your stronger friends are captive, and your magic is drained, I suggest you forfeit for the better of the lives of what friends remain.”

Gritting her teeth, Twilight looks at her options. But the fearful beings before her cloud her thoughts of the awful things that can happen. Just as she began to lose hope, something happens.

BOOM!!!

A powerful explosion erupts from the golem’s chest, and the massive hands drop to the floor. Applejack and Rainbow roll off of the palms of stone, coughing a bit. Gnosis turns to see behind the destroyed golem was a tall creature wielding a spear.

“Impossible…!” He uttered.

“Em… Emma?!” Twilight spoke.

Emma approached the battle careful, her hands wrap around the spear with pure bravery and determination. She looks to Gnosis and points her weapon at the stallion.

“Let them go!” She demanded.

Gnosis complies for Rarity and Fluttershy, who were already unable to move until the effects of his spell wear off. He brushes the pebbles on his shoulder off before facing the girl with his threatening magic. “Little girl, you should know better than to get into fights. Especially with your injuries. How you survived the barrage of magic bombs surpasses my knowledge, but I do know that one last tip should do you in.”

“Spells won’t work on me anymore.” Emma declared. “I was worried at first, but since I used my weapon for the first time, it gave the perfect results. Your magic means nothing to me now.”

“Oh? We’ll see about that.” Gnosis said before casting another spell. Spheres of energy formed and were aimed at Emma. The girl held her ground, spear being held in a defensive position, but ready to swing. Twilight and the others called out to her in an attempt to stop her.

“Don’t fight him!!” Twilight shouted.

The magic projectiles were shot, and they fly straight to Emma. Watching carefully, she waits for the moment. Then, a swift swing cuts the spheres into nothing. All was silent, and Gnosis’s eyes widened.

“W-What!?” He spoke.

Emma then ran to Gnosis. He tries once more to shoot her down, but all of his spells became nothing once the spear came into contact with the energy. When she came in close, she strikes the spear down to the ground beneath Gnosis. The floor explodes with magic energy, and he is thrown into the air. Rainbow and Applejack were shocked at the skill Emma had. Twilight was astounded by her equipment doing such incredible feats. As Emma started to corner Gnosis, he tries his best to analyze the situation.

What is this!? She’s stopping all of my magic!? He shoots some more, and the same thing happens. No… She’s absorbing them with her spear! She absorbed the magic bombs from earlier and used them to destroy the golem!

Emma thrusts the spear forward and misses. Gnosis finds an opening to strike Emma. As he attempts to bash her, Emma uses the blunt side of her spear to strike his neck. He’s tossed off and rolls on the ground before getting back on all fours. Even if I don’t use magic, she seems to have some skill in close combat. At this rate, I’ll be taken out!

“You’re gonna pay for the mess you made tonight.” Emma told him.

“It’s you who will pay for your meddling, girl!” He shouts as he casts a massive spell consisting of several Energy golems. Though they are simple replicas of human technology, they had the mass of a mountain altogether. As they tried to crush Emma, she dodges the falling fists and cuts their arm, absorbing the golems of magic. Using whatever momentum she had left, she continues to dash over to Gnosis and releases the energy point blank. The powerful blast hits him and throws him out of the castle. Gnosis lies defeated, and the girls have won the battle.


Twilight’s POV – Mission Results


“HOW DID YOU DO THAT!?!?” I asked very loudly at Emma.

“Twilight, please give me a moment.” She breathed, catching her breath as Fluttershy reapplied the bandages onto her.

“Now color me surprised! I don’t know how you did it, but you sure saved our skins!” Applejack noted.

“I can’t believe it either.” Rainbow laughed. “I didn’t think little Emma could save her own life, but here she is stopping the main baddy!”

“Thank you darling.” Rarity said gratefully. “That colt didn’t know a single thing about how to treat a lady.”

“And that was SO AWESOME on how you fought those guys too!” Pinkie said. “When he was like, Go! Magic powers! and you were like Nope! No spells for you! They’re mine now! And he was like AW CRUD!

Spike chimed in adding to the reiteration of the battle that happened not so long ago. “And when all those magic golem things came out of nowhere and tried to smash you, but you totally dodged them and absorbed them too! I was like, OH SNAP!

“Please give me a moment so my blood could start flowing again.” She breathed.

“Sorry Emma.” I apologized. “But, all of that was… unexpected! From one moment to another, here you are showing skills I didn’t know you even had!”

“Okay! I get it!” She growled. “I’m an underdog! And as for the magic absorbing…” she showed off her spear once more, and pointed to the shining holes. Within them were gemstones. “I used magic crystals to absorb and shoot out the energy. The spear made it possible to manipulate the magic thanks to its pointy tip, like a unicorn horn. Adding strategy to the mix, it went… pretty well.”

“I see! I see!” I nodded, wishing that I was taking notes. “Wow! Even if you’re not the human from this world, you clearly have the technical abilities of one!”

“That aside…” Emma said, still liking the comment. “I still have a question. Why did they capture you?”

“That is pretty peculiar…” Fluttershy added.

I scratched the back of my head a bit before answering their question. “Well… These ponies here are actually revolutionaries.”

“Whoa, whoa, wait.” Rainbow said, her hooves moved in a denial matter. “What do you mean by revolutionaries? Like… They’re trying to overthrow Princess Celestia?”

“Yes, exactly.” I replied, confirming her thoughts.

“WHAT!?” They all screamed.

“It’s crazy, I know. Even I was shocked about it. But they’re serious nonetheless.”

“But that doesn’t make any sense.” Emma said, crossing her arms. “What do you have to do in this?”

Spike jumped as he realized what she meant. “I forgot, we never told you.”

“Told me what?”

“Twilight here is the student of none other than Princess Celestia.” Applejack informed her.

“What!?” Emma jumped before staring at Twilight. “Is there some kind of complicated reason why you didn’t tell me this?”

“I’m sorry. It kinda slipped out of mind. It’s not much to tell about.”

“Well… okay then…?” Emma said slowly, having a hard time to understand all of this. “If that’s the case though, then they must’ve wanted to hold you hostage so that they can gain leverage during their operations. It’s really good that they didn’t succeed, otherwise, you’d be gone for a very long time.”

“Ugh, don’t say that!” Pinkie whimpered. “Just hearing that makes me wanna cry!”

“It looks like we have a lot to discuss for the next few months.” I thought aloud, pondering at what else may happen. “But all in all, I’m glad you came for me. Thanks every pony!”

I hugged them all in gratitude. While most of them embraced it, Emma was grunting a bit.

“Uh… wounds here….”

I quickly let go and apologize. “Sorry! I forgot!”

“It’s alright.” Emma assured me. After she held onto her bandages a bit, she looked at the mess of the castle and tied up ponies. “So, what are we going to do about all of these guys?”

“I’m going to have the royal guard come and pick these guys up. I’ll leave these to the higher authority.”

“Alright.” Emma agreed. She got up and turned to the direction to Ponyville. “I’ll come with you. Just in case more show up.”

I smiled and trotted alongside her. “Lead on then, Emma.”

Author's Note:

It took a while, but I did it. The fight scene is a tad unfamiliar, but the beginning shouldn't be extremely flashy. It should look nice, and the following events did it justice in my opinion. I'll be working on the next chapter, and it should give you a treat.

Especially when it's two more chapters before IT happens. :twilightsmile:

Please leave a comment~