• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 279 Views, 15 Comments

The mind behind the party - HuffySpike



We all know Pinkie Pie as a barrel of laughs, and every day is a good opportunity for her to have some quality fun. But one day things don't go as planned, and her friends must understand why, with the help of a special guest ...

  • ...
 15
 279

Chapter 2 : Sleeping is magic

Princess Luna arrived almost immediately, escorted by two royal guards.

''Keep the entrance closed ! Nobody shall enter this building for any reason !'' ordered her in an intimidating manner.

Twilight and the others bowed in front of the Princess of the Night.

''Your highness, I'm glad you had the time to help us during this delicate moment, we were waiting you to explain my plan in its entirety.'' said Twilight.

''I'm intrigued by how this ''psychological investigation'' you mentioned will be organized. After all, I'm the one who's glad to be part of this plan and I'll help you anyway I can to save Pinkie Pie from this situation.'' responded Luna.

''Ok, team, this is how we will act : '' said Twilight while at the same time puling out a magic blackboard to explain in a more detailed manner '' we will put Pinkie Pie in a condition of sleep, so that she might not wake up. With the help of Princess Luna we could actually enter her brain, exploring her thoughts and finding the source of her paranoia or excessive amount of fear. Once inside we'll see a way to move ourselves between the various thoughts and find what's causing all this trouble. It will be like going inside Pinkie's dreams but also extending our exploration boundaries to the other areas of her thoughts. Is it all clear ?'' the result of this explanation was a lot of confusion and a baffling schematic on the blackboard.

''Twilight darling, isn't this a bit, what should I say, implausable ?'' asked Rarity, who was rather perplex about the actual possibility of such a mission.

''Well Rarity, Princess Luna will tell us if such a mission is possible'' asnwered Twilight.

Princess Luna, in response, smiled and nodded affirmatively.

''Does that means what I think it means ?'' asked Rainbow Dash enthusiastically.

''Yes, well, not only I could perform the required spells for this mission, but I also have the right item for the job. If you could just wait here for a second, I'll be sure to bring it here imediately.'' said Princess Luna before teleporting right in front of the group's eyes.

After a few seconds she was back with a strange glass cruet, with a huge amount of sand inside.

''What's that ?'' asked Fluttershy, rather perplexed.

''These are the Sands of Morpheus, an ancient artifact stored in great secret in the castle of Canterlot. They are capable of inducing sleep simply by blowing or sprinkling a bit of them in a pony's eye, but their effect is very powerful.'' explained Princess Luna.

''How powerful ?'' asked Twilight.

''Well, let's just say that a pinch could make a pony sleep for two or three days. The higher the doses of sand, the longer the effect and the time spent sleeping. Unfortunately a very high amount of sand could make even the most terrifying of demons fall into an endless sleep of absolute unconsciousness.''

Everyone in the room was speechless after this explanation, and the mere thought of the power of these simple chunks of sand sent shivers down their spines.

''This is why the Sands of Morpheus were guarded in great secret in Canterlot; in the right hands, they can be used for good, but in the hands of the wrong person their effect could be devastating. But they are also the only item that will allow Pinkie Pie to sleep enough time for us to go on with our mission. When she should finally be asleep, I will launch the spell to enter her mind and you will follow me inside. That's the plan basically.''

''Well uhm ... We should probably get someone to keep an eye on the situation outside as we go on this adventure.'' proposed Fluttershy.

''Well I could always keep an eye on Pinkie Pie, and there are also some guards protecting the building, aren't they ?'' asked Spike.

''Definitely, I will call for addictional protection and I might leave you temporarily inside Pinkie's mind to check the situation outside, how she will react to the Sands and if she's going to wake up. Oh, and I'll also let Spike rest for a while.'' replied Luna. ''Now then, you should prepare everything you need for this voyage. The mission won't last a single day, that's for sure. Go back to your houses and prepare what you need, I'll stay here with Spike to call for additional help from the guards. Spike, would you please lend me a letter ?'' asked Luna.

''Sure Twili ... I mean, Your Highness.'' said Spike.

''Ok, we'll be right back'' said Twilight as she went out of Sugarcube Corner with the others.

After something like half an hour he group was reunited at Sugarcube Corner, completely surrounded by royal guards and a bunch of curious passer-bys. Princess Luna and Spike were waiting in the main hall.

''Have you brought everything that you will need ?'' asked Princess Luna.

''Food, water, things for sleeping and a journal. I think we are definitely ready.'' answered Twilight confidently.

''Great, now where is Pinkie Pie ?'' said Princess Luna.

''She's in her room upstairs, follow us and be quiet. Oh and also, be ready for being attacked by a frying pan.'' added Applejack.

The group went carefully upstairs, without making much noise, and as they approached Pinkie's room, the weeping noise that Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy heard the first time grew stronger and stronger. After a few steps they finally arrived in front of Pinkie's room.

''I'll go inside, cover me if things don't go as planned, ok ?'' asked Princess Luna. ''Ok, let's go.''

All the others could hear was Pinkie Pie shouting the name of Nightmare Moon, and then the noise of someone falling to the ground. When they entered the room Pinkie was asleep on the floor.

''She tried to attack me with a frying pan, believing I was Nigtmare Moon. I just blew a pinch of Sands in her face and she suddenly started sleeping.'' said Princess Luna while she was putting Pinkie Pie on her bed. ''Then I guess we should go then. Are you ready ?''

''Yes, we are.'' answered Twilight without hesitation. ''Spike, take care of her while we're inside, see you soon.''

''Be careful in there ok ? I'll miss you ...'' mumbled Spike.

Twilight smiled back, and that expression for Spike was worth more than a bunch of words.

''Very well then, if you're ready I shall cast my spell, come close to me.'' said Princess Luna.

A white spiral of magic crossed her horn, ending in a blue sphere. After a pair of seconds the group was surrounded by a magic sphere, similar to a shield, that was of a dark blue-ish color. The group felt smaller and smaller as they were entering Pinkie's mind, even though little could be seen of the outside of the sphere. After a while they arrived in a space that seemed completely free of every object, illuminated by a light blue color that made it feel unknown but familiar at the same time. Suddenly, someone spoke to them.

''Hey there, how are you ?''

The group could not believe their eyes when they saw a glass-wearing Pinkie Pie greeting them.