• Published 14th Jul 2015
  • 324 Views, 10 Comments

The Elements of Mianite - 1eragon33

  • ...
5
 10
 324

Into the Looking Glass; A Discorded Beginning

Author's Note:

This story is in fact an AU of my story The Half-blood of Mianite- A Sparklez Tale. So spoilers for the next two unwritten chapters of that if you read it on Fanfiction or DA or Achive. Since the beginning of this starts two days after the beginning of that story (I normally would have written them but this one wouldn’t let me go). Most of this story will be either Twilight’s or Jordan’s POV, and yes there will be shipping for both stories. This story’s ship is a surprise but The Half-blood of Mianite, or THoM for short is of course Capsize X Sparklez. their is going to be two chapters in the begainning before I work on THoM again

I looked forward across the chaos-strewn plain. Where once there were large green fields of grass there was now a checkerboard of black and white, almost like grass tiles, and where simple Ponyville once stood proudly was now a mess of free-floating buildings, hanging almost sadly among the cotton candy clouds and pink sky. My five best friends stand beside me, joining in my defiance against the chaos that has taken our beloved land.

Recently released from the foul magic that had ensnared their minds, my friends are rightfully angry at the God of Chaos that had turned them into mere mockeries of themselves. Applejack then comes forward and places a hoof on my right foreleg.
“Are you sure we’re ready for this, Sugarcube?” She whispers in my ear.

I say just loud enough that the others can hear the conversation (and hopefully not Discord), “We have the Elements,” I point to my crown which almost glints in the sunlight, wait, scratch that Moonlight as the time of day just changed again, “and we have each other, and look around-this can’t continue. What’s stopping Discord from simply destroying the sun for a laugh, or turning everypony into pickles just for the giggles?”

“I know, Sugarcube…I know.” It’s just now that I notice the dark circles under my friends’ eyes from lack of sleep in Harmony knows how long with the sun and moon switching on a whim. I look to Pinkie Pie, the flying Rainbow Dash, the nervous Rarity Belle, and scared Fluttershy to see the exact same dark circles, and some of my friends’ eyes (Rarity and Fluttershy) were red from their quiet tears.

I huddle close to all my friends and pull them all into a group hug, offering support to everyone. “Girls…I love you girls, and together we can do anything! We faced hard times before, like with Nightmare Moon, we can face her corrupt father as well. With Harmony as our guide, we can face the chaos and stand tall-” The speech I was makeing got cut off as a my friends return the hug tightly, cutting off my throat. A few minutes later, the impromptu hug ended.

“Twilight we’re here for you, always.” Fluttershy whispers softly.

“Oh, yeah.”

”That’s right, Sugarcube”

“Of course darling”

“Yepperuni possituni.” My other best friends speak out at the same time.

I feel tears come to the surface at my friend's words, and fight back the urge to start another group hug. There will be time for that-after we stop Discord. “Girls let’s get going, next things to do is to stop Discord to bring back balance to the world!”

Together as one, we run across the chaotic landscape towards the massive throne in the distance. As we get closer we hear laughter and Discord’s voice saying, “Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing.”

I interrupt him before he takes a sip of some chocolate milk and call out, “Not as wonderful as friendship.”

He looks at us six and says, “Oh, this again?” He downs the cup and throws the milk behind him. When it explodes, I’m just glad it had landed in a place where it couldn’t have hurt anypony.

Applejack steps forward towards Discord and calls out with, “That's right. You couldn't break apart our friendship for long.”
Discord laughs and replies with, “Oh, Applejack, don't lie to me. I'm the one who made you a liar.” I watch as he starts to drag her by the Element of Honesty, “Will you ever learn?” He starts to drag the others as well. I fear him corrupting my friends again, so I blink into where he had my friend floating somehow using my Element of Magic to make a shield to protect my friends from his magic. Running on instinct with the magic, I guide the bubble that contains my friends and I back to the ground where it pops like a balloon, I partially notice the place where the shield met the ground has turned back into regular grass and flowers, but I’m more focused on Discord than anything else.

My friends and I stand up from our shield breaking. I then yell out to Discord, “I'll tell you what we've learned Discord. We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for.”

Discord doesn’t look amused at my word and replies with, “Ugh, gag. Fine, go ahead, try and use your little Elements, "frenemies". Just make it quick. I'm missing some excellent chaos here.

I start remembering all the times I spent with my friends, all the hardships we faced, all the struggles, all the fights, all the makeups, every picnic on a Saturday when Pinkie would drag me out of the library, every time Applejack was too stubborn for her own good. Rarity making us clothes just because it was fun for her. Rainbow Dash playing harmless pranks on me and the townsponies. Pinkie’s many, many parties that she throws for the randomest reasons but were always a blast. Fluttershy helping me with my pet owl. Applejack bringing me food from the farm when I forgot to eat because I was studying… All the love and care for each other, and I felt it the spark that brought us together when Nightmare Moon happened fanned into a brilliant flame by all the times spent together. My heart reached out to the other Elements and my friends. We start to float from the elements’ active state, and next thing I know the rainbow that was used against Nightmare Moon had come back, and launches itself at where Discord was standing.

It was over. All that what left of Discord was a statue and the chaos he left behind. Rainbow lands next to us and asks, “Is it over, ‘cause I don’t know about you but I don’t think it is,” but Rainbow’s question is answered by the chaotic ground reaching up and trapping us in its grip, and we see a grinning Discord standing next to the fake statue of himself.

“MAHAWEWA, did you really think I would fall for that again? Fool me once-shame on me. Fooling me twice is not going to happen. Now, what to do with you six, since while you were those wretched necklaces I can’t affect you with my chaos directly.” Discord started thinking about it while I struggle to get out of the earth bindings he made and I see my friends doing the same while Discord is busy.

But it was too late.

Discord was already grinning his wicked grin at us.

The earth that was binding us to the ground helplessly falls away and I feel myself be picked up by a telekinetic grip. I squirm in the air as I watch Discord do the same thing to each one of my friends one at a time. We try to blast Discord again, but he shakes us in his telekinetic grip, breaking our focus. Discord then reaches out with his claws and grabs the ground, and he rips something-I’m not sure what. The result was under where my friends and I were floating becoming an endless black abyss.

“Bye Twilight and friends. See you never. MUHAAHAHAHA.” He says just before dropping us into the abyss.

The last thing I see before the black of the abyss is Discord’s silhouette framed by the sun.