• Published 18th Jul 2015
  • 814 Views, 2 Comments

Pet Fashion Crisis - Mathew_The_Raridash_Fan



The Cutie Map sends Rarity to another world.

  • ...
1
 2
 814

The Fashion Show

The streets were dark illuminated by lamp lights and the lights illuminated from the horseless carriages. The lights resembled eyes. Where humans riding inside other creatures as a form of transportation? The thought of it was repulsive, so Rarity focused on the fashion show.

Humans sat in the chairs surrounding the catwalk. A curtain with prints of various animals hung on the stage to hide the pets before they walked out. Judging from the crowed, pet fashion looked like a major thing for humans. Has Fluttershy ever considered a fashion show for her animal friends?

Blythe was back stage talking to her pets. Rarity decided to sit among the crowd. A lot of the humans came with their pets, so Rarity was able to blend in as long as she wore her hat. She also had to refrain from talking since ponies in this world didn’t talk.

Rarity saw two girls sneak behind the stage. They looked the same, but their hair was inverted colors with one black and the other white. Rarity saw the sly expression on their faces and knew they weren’t up to any good. She got out of the crowed and followed them.

“Whittany, why are we, like, here?” The one with white hair asked.

“Bleh is having a fashion show, Brittany,” Whittany responded.

“What are we going to, like, do about it? Brittany asked.

Whittany held up a hammer. “We’re going to like...uh… de… de… whatever. We’re going to tear the stage down.”

Whittany and Brittany held their hammers ready to strike the beams of wood. If they destroyed the stage, Blythe and the pets would have gotten seriously hurt. Rarity didn’t want that to happen, so she quickly took off her hat and grabbed the hammers with her magic. The twins’ gasped as their hammers flew out of their hands. Rarity quickly threw them and made sure nothing was destroyed.

The twins walked over to the hammers and picked them up. Rarity had to find some way to make sure that they didn’t hurt anyone. She had to think fast. They were about to strike the beams, so Rarity shouted, “Stay away from there!” She knew it would have given away the fact that she was able to talk

The twins looked straight at Rarity. She walked towards the twins. When she was between them, they were frozen in shock. Rarity whispered, “No one will believe you.” Rarity meant the fact they saw a unicorn, but they must have taken it another way because they ran away as if a monster was chasing them.

Rarity put her hat back on and walked back to the front of the stage. Blythe just finished her introduction speech. Rarity looked at the stage and waited patiently for the pets to show off their outfits.

Zoe walked out first. She wore a classy, fuchsia, dress. It was decorated with black music notes strategically placed to be noticed, but not get in the way of the entire ensemble. The humans cheered in approval.

Russell followed behind her with a black tuxedo and a matching bowtie. The shirt was long to resemble a lab coat. Rarity saw the wide eyes and slight shaking and knew he was nervous. Luckily, he was able to contain himself.

After him was Minka. Her dress was free flowing and had a large assortment of colors. The dress looked as if a foal decorated the dress, but the sparkles and multitude of colors worked great with her. The crowed approved of the dress.

Vinnie walked through. He tripped over his tail, but he got up as if nothing happened. He wore a shiny white shirt and tight, white pants along with a black dress coat. He attempted to dance to impress the audience, but he kept tripping. Nevertheless, the crowed cheered in approval.

Penny Ling walked with grace in every step. She was showing off how adorable she was. Her dress was red and layered to resemble a rose. A rose sat above her ear to complete the outfit.

Afterwards, Pepper followed. She was dressed in a jester hat and a dress with mix matched colors and shoes. The crowd laughed, but they still approved of the outfit. Rarity knew that outfit would’ve looked awful on anyone else, but she was told Pepper was a comedian.

Finally, Sunil walked through. He was shaking even more than Russell was. Still, the crowd didn’t notice. They were too focused on his outfit. He wore a dark purple turban and a silk robe of a lighter color. He decided to impress the crowd with a magic trick. He pulled a flower out of what seemed nowhere.

The fashion show was a success. Based on the reactions, Rarity knew that the other humans knew enough about the pets to know their different personalities. Humans and pets weren’t able to talk to each other, but there were other ways for them to show off what made them different.

Fashion was about bringing out what makes someone stand out from the others. Rarity knew that, and that was why she suggested taking their personalities into consideration. The crowed and the pets loved their outfits. Rarity knew Blythe must have been proud, too.

Rarity’s cutie mark glowed to signal that she was done. She decided to talk to Blythe for a moment before she left. She found her standing at the wing smiling. “That was very impressive, Blythe!”

“Thanks, Rarity,” Blythe responded. “I couldn’t have done this without you.”

“Nearly everyone who creates reaches that point where they think they can’t continue that they created everything they can. I assure you that you can always create pet fashion, though,” Rarity explained.

Blythe smiled. “I will remember.”

Rarity took off her hat and levitated a garnet and placed it in Blythe’s hands. She put her hat back on and explained, “I want you to have this. It’s a garnet. I want you to keep it to remember that you are very creative, and you will be able to face any challenge.”

“OMG!” Blythe exclaimed.

Rarity looked at Blythe as if she spoke a foreign language.

“OMG means Oh My Gosh,” Blythe explained. “You really want me to have this?”

“I do,” Rarity confirmed. “I have to get back to Equestria.”

Rarity started to walk away. Blythe shouted, “I won’t forget you!” Rarity giggled knowing there was no way Blythe was going to forget a unicorn. Neither were those twin girls.