• Published 18th Jul 2015
  • 813 Views, 2 Comments

Pet Fashion Crisis - Mathew_The_Raridash_Fan



The Cutie Map sends Rarity to another world.

  • ...
1
 2
 813

An Unfamiliar World

Strange creatures walked past quickly to where they needed to go. Horseless wagons ran freely through the streets. Unfamiliar scents filled the air. None of them were pleasant Rarity searched her saddle bag for something fabulous to wear. She wanted to make a good first impression. None of the dresses she had worked at the moment, but there was a hat. She put it on her head, and the brim covered her horn. She turned around and saw a tree. She put her hoof on it, but it went through as if the tree was a hologram. Rarity knew that was the way back to Equestria. She decided to walk around and try to understand the place.

People stared at her as they passed. To them, it was very unusual for a pony to be there. A lot of people took pictures. Rarity was pleased to receive all the attention, but she needed somewhere to stay. Luckily, there was a building that caught her attention.

"Littlest Pet Shop," She read. She was sure that there were smaller pet shops. It sounded like a place Fluttershy would have loved if she was there. She walked in and was greeted by an elderly lady whose eyes were glued on a newspaper.

She walked around until she found a back room with all the animals except an orange hedgehog playing around. The hedgehog was relaxing. All the animals looked strange, but she was able to identify all of them thanks to Fluttershy. There was also a purple dog, a pink monkey, a gray skunk, a blue mongoose, a purple panda, and a green gecko.

Rarity watched them play. Some of them made noises at her. Naturally, she couldn't understand them, though. The pink monkey walked out of that room and climbed on Rarity. She made various monkey noises which Rarity couldn't decipher.

"You're very loud!" Rarity told the monkey. The monkey stopped and went back to the room. The animals were now in a circle as if they were talking to each other.

She was able to understand the strange creatures that filled this world, but the other animals made their typical noises. An opening in the wall appeared revealing a girl. She was smaller than most of the creatures she saw. The animals ran up to her and made a lot of noise.

The girl's eyes widened. "What the wha!" She exclaimed in shock. She approached Rarity. "Hello, my name is Blythe."

"I am Rarity," Rarity replied.

"The pets told me that you couldn't understand them," Blythe explained.

"It's true. I don't speak animal. My friend, Fluttershy does, though."

Blythe ran towards the door. "Stay there, Rarity!"

Rarity stayed where she was and looked around. It was as if she was supposed to understand the animals. Was this a world where every animal understood one another? She recalled seeing dogs on leashes. Where the strange creatures the dominant life forms in that world?

Blythe quickly returned with another girl. She had black hair and purple eyes. "This is my friend, Youngmee Song," Blythe introduced. "Rarity, say something."

"Hello, my name is Rarity," Rarity said extending a hoof.

Youngmee looked at Rarity in shock. "I can understand her!"

"She can't understand other pets, though," Blythe explained.

"Who is her owner?" Youngmee asked.

Blythe looked at Rarity with her eyebrows furrowed. Rarity responded, "I do not have an owner."

"Then who made you that hat?" Blythe asked.

Rarity looked up at the hat. "I made it." She took off her hat revealing her horn. "It was hoof stitched."

Blythe and Youngmee stared at Rarity in shock. They thought it was strange enough that she was able to communicate with people but not animals. The fact that she was a unicorn was even stranger.

"Is that horn real?" Blythe asked.

Rarity nodded, "Of course it is.”

"I can see that, but that’s impossible," Blythe explained. "There is no way you can be a real life unicorn!"

"There is also no way she can talk to people and not pets," Youngmee pointed out.
Blythe eyed Rarity suspiciously. "Are you a person in a unicorn costume?" She grabbed Rarity's coat and pulled it."

Rarity levitated a stick and pointed it threateningly at her, "Back off! This is not a costume!”

"Did that stick just float midair?" Youngmee asked Blythe.

Blythe nodded. Both girls looked at Rarity in shock. It was obvious that she was a real unicorn now, but they couldn't believe it. Unicorns couldn't be real. She was definitely there, though. There was no denying that she was real. She was right in front of them. She wasn't a hologram, a person in a costume, or anything like that. She was a unicorn.

"Is there anything else strange about you?" Blythe asked. She looked at Rarity's hind quarters which held her cutie mark. "I've spoken too soon! Please tell me that the marking was painted on or something!"

Rarity shook her head. "No. It's my cutie mark. It appeared there when I discovered my special talent."

"Are you saying you get a marking that tells you what you should do with your life?" Blythe asked.

Rarity shook her head again. "Not at all. It just shows you what makes you unique. You see, my special talent is gem finding. I am able to find gems buried in the ground. I don't gem hunt for a living, though. I make dresses. I am a fashion designer."

It was as if the hinges in Blythe's mouth broke. Her jaw dropped as far as it could. "You're a fashion designer?"

"Yes I am," Rarity confirmed.

Blythe jumped up and down cheerfully, "Then you can help me! I promised the pets that I would make them outfits to wear, but I don't know what to make. I really don't want to let them down."

"I will gladly help you in any way I can," Rarity promised.

Blythe thanked her repeatedly and hugged her tightly. Then she told Rarity to come with her. Youngmee left, and Blythe and Rarity walked into the day camp area. Blythe checked to make sure all the pets were there.