• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 957 Views, 35 Comments

The Flight of Scootaloo - birdyluv0



It turns out that the reason Scootaloo cannot fly is due to a rare and horrible disease that only affects pegasi.

  • ...
2
 35
 957

Thoughts

Fluttershy looks around the house, noticing that it is quiet. Too quiet. She heads up the stairs and opens the door to the bedroom. Her suspicions were right; Sweetie Belle and Applebloom were gathered around the bed.

"Come on girls, we need to let Scootaloo rest. Anyways, it is lunch time. I have some more salad! Scootaloo, would you like something to eat?" says Fluttershy, looking at the girls.

"Ew! Salad again? Can't we just go out to eat?" complains Sweetie Belle.

"Sure, I guess I will have some food. I am hungry, after all," replies Scootaloo.

"Okay. Come on girls, let's go downstairs," says Fluttershy as she walks out of the room.

"But I wanna hang out with Scootaloo!" says Sweetie Belle, her voice squeaking.

"Come on, Sweetie Belle. Let's just go downstairs. We can come back up later to see Scootaloo," says Applebloom, grabbing Sweetie Belle's hoof and dragging her out of the room.

Scootaloo lies in the bed and stares at the wall. I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life. I want to have fun and hang out with Applebloom and Scootaloo. She breaks down and cries. It just isn't fair. Scootaloo hears footsteps outside the room, and her ears perk up. But when she sees that it is just Fluttershy, she lays back down again.

"Here you go. A nice bowl of fresh salad!" says Fluttershy, laying the bowl down on the desk next to the bed. She then notices that Scootaloo is crying. "What's wrong, Scootaloo?"

"Fluttershy... I don't want to die. I want to live! I want to fly with Rainbow Dash someday. I want to get my cutie mark. I want to hang out with Sweetie Belle and Applebloom! I don't want to be in pain all the time," says Scootaloo. She leans against Fluttershy and cries.

"There there. Is there anything else?" asks Fluttershy, sitting down on the bed. Scootaloo shakes her head as she cries. "Why don't you get some food in your body? Maybe that will help make you feel a little bit better," says Fluttershy, pushing the bowl of salad towards Scootaloo. Scootaloo looks at the bowl before picking up a leaf, chewing it, and swallowing it. She then notices how hungry she really is, and she gobbles down the whole bowl.

"Thanks, Fluttershy. Can Applebloom and Sweetie Belle come upstairs? I... I don't want to be alone," asks Scootaloo. Fluttershy nods her head.

"Sure. Just make sure to get some rest later, okay?" Fluttershy says. She leaves the room and walks downstairs. Scootaloo waits for a few minutes until she hears the familiar pounding of tiny hooves up the stairs.

"Fluttershy said we could come in 'ere and hang out with ya!" exclaims Applebloom. Sweetie Belle follows behind her, wiping her tongue.

"Ith shtill can't get rid of the tathte of thith thalad!" she complains. Scootaloo laughs.

"Oh, Sweetie Belle!" Scootaloo says, which earns a chuckle from Applebloom.

"No, theriouthly! It'th dithguthing!" Sweetie Belle replies. Scootaloo laughs again.

"Oh come on Sweetie Belle, it's not that bad," Scootaloo says, chuckling. Sweetie Belle glares at her. Once I'm gone, I won't be able to have any more fun times with my friends, Scootaloo thinks, which drags her mood down again. Sweetie Belle sticks her tongue back in her mouth and asks, "What's wrong, Scootaloo?"

Scootaloo sighs. "It's just... After I'm, you know, uh, gone, we won't be able to hang out like this anymore. And... And.... I JUST DON'T WANNA DIE!" cries Scootaloo, bursting into tears again. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle hug Scootaloo. A tear streaks down Sweetie Belle's cheek.

"I don't want you to die either, Scootaloo. None of us do," says Sweetie Belle, crying. Applebloom joins in the crying fest too.

"Maybe... maybe it'll get better. Or or or maybe ya don't have the disease! Maybe it's just a temporary thing," says Appleboom, trying to stay hopeful.

"Applebloom, you know that I won't get better, and you know that I do have this disease. I just... Can we maybe, uh, hang out more often?" says Scootaloo.

"Of course! I mean, we are crusaders after all!" exclaims Sweetie Belle. "Maybe you can come live with Rarity and I!"

"Or maybe ya can come live with Applejack and 'ah!" says Applebloom.

"I heard Twilight saying in the hospital that I will be staying with here," whispers Scootaloo. I wish I could stay with them. I really wish I could.

"Awww..." Sweetie Belle and Applebloom both say at the same time. At that moment, Twilight Sparkle walks into the room.

"Come on, Scootaloo, it's time to take you to your new home," says Twilight.

Author's Note:

This chapter is just a fluctuating state of mood, ranging between happy and sad. It's meant to be a lighter chapter.