• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 645 Views, 45 Comments

A Reason To Fight - Benjamin Carmine



Just after one small incident caused two massive military forces to warp to a different planet and also leaving me the last GDI soldier left alive, the only question is why me?

  • ...
16
 45
 645

Rouge Transmission

12:51AM

I couldn't sleep tonight, something was off I felt like I was missing something important, like something from my past coming to haunt me. I was laying on the couch, my helmet off. I sighed and looked up to the ceiling, trying to figure out what was wrong. As I sat there a small buzzing sound hit my ear, it sounded like muffled words coming from nowhere. I looked behind me to see if anyone was there and I wasn't just going mad.

I looked at my Helmet on the other end of the couch, I sat on my knees and pulled my helmet to me, the noise got louder. I realized I left my radio on. I thought to myself, "Why is this thing picking up a frequency, there should be nothing out here." I put my helmet on locking it in place, firing up my HUD. I tried to make the signal clearer, it still had static but not as much as before.

*Static* Thi---is Pri- Class Jax Toras..I *Static* Bleeding out plea-- help"

I quickly hopped on the mic. "Soldier what is your coordinates!"

"Oh thank god my coordi- are I don't know where I am.. all I know is that I'm 2 clicks out from the GDI outpost, I'm trapped under the wreckage of a raider buggy..Please come quick! *Static*

"DAMN IT!" The transmission was cut off, he didn't respond anymore. I quickly sat up and grabbed my rifle and pistol. I took out a piece of paper and a pencil from my journal and wrote a message to Twilight.

Dear Twilight,

I have intercepted a emergency transmission from another downed soldier, I am leaving to help and I do not know when I will return, but do not worry about me

-Kyle

I pinned the message on the front door and entered the outside, the dark, starry night beautiful as a freshly bombed NOD base. I quietly made my way through the town making sure to stay out of sight from anyone or thing that could get me spotted. I moved in the shadows, only stopping when I needed to

20 Minutes later

"Shit these woods are sketchy, I have a feeling i'm going to get jumped by like a shadow team or something. Better turn my helmet light on." I flicked on my headlight, illuminating my view showing that I was in the middle of nowhere, slowly tracking my way through the thick woods to the downed soldier.

I heard cracks of wood all around me, I began to panic I felt if I was being followed by someone....or something. I quickly turned around after I heard noises getting closer and closer, fallen branches scattered on the ground, roots catching my foot. I could feel my heart rate increase, my breathing speeding up. As I tried to continue I heard growling coming from all around me.

I took my rifle off safety and readied myself, I shouted in the darkness. "SHOW YOURSELF!"

I shot a round from my rifle into the darkness. I shined my flashlight all around me, showing that there are wolves around me. My mind began going into overdrive after realizing these weren't real wolves but wooden. I took two steps back only to be faced with more wolves. I aimed down my sights and squeezed off a couple of bullets at the wolves, nailing two right in the head and wounding one.

I felt something grab my back, one of the bastards jumped me. I took the butt of my rifle and tried to hit the thing as it clawed me. I heard the sound of wood cracking and sudden weight loss. I was winning the fight, superior firepower beats nature any day. I kept on unloading on the wolves until I heard something loud from behind me. I was bigger than the other. I thought to myself as I was surprised as hell. "Oh that's a mama wolf"

I scrambled for something bigger than a rifle, I pulled a grenade at random and booked it. I sprinted away as I was being hunted down like some animal. I turned around to see that I was still screwed as ever. I dropped the grenade at my feet and ran like my life depended on it, which it did. I heard a massive boom and multiple others. I yelled into the distance. "BOOM BITCH!"

It turns out it was a cluster grenade, the whimpers of wolves and them turning around fleeing like a lil' Pansies. I would not allow that at all, I whipped out my pistol and began to take pot shots at the retreating enemies making sure they don't fuck with GDI ever again. I checked my HUD readout I was only 50 meters out from where the signal was broadcasted, hopefully that soldier is still kicking.

I ran the extra meters to avoid contact, the sun was just beginning to appear over the trees. I saw some smoke over the treetops and came to a small section of clear woods, big enough for a mammoth tank. I saw a NOD raider buggy and a trail of blood. I wanted to make my presence known. "Hello, I'm here to rescue you! please give me a sign."

A cough came out with a weary voice. "Over here."

I ran over to the buggy not to see a GDI soldier but a bleeding out NOD soldier, his red visor reflected the sun, his black outfit stained, the infamous scorpion tail was instantly noticed. I knew I couldn't leave him here I do have a heart after all.

He covered his visor with his face. "OH GOD DON'T KILL ME PLEASE!"

He was obviously in a state of panic, scared. I responded. "Don't worry I won't I'm going to help you out just brace yourself though."

"Wait why?"

"Placing a small amount of plastic explosive to try and free you."

He looked like he was praying, I latched a small piece of plastic explosive to the buggy and braced myself.

*BOOM!*

He looked ok for the most part, just wounds allover his body. I shook him to make sure he was still with me. He pointed to the buggy's back section which was still good. I rushed over there to find a compartment with some basic medical supplies issued to every soldier. I propped him up against a tree and tried to stop the bleeding, trying to stabilize him. With the medical supplies was his gear. from the looks of it he was a combat engineer, those bastards are a mechanic, engineer,and soldiers in one.

He seemed to be stabilized for most part, I asked him." Can you walk soldier?"

He coughed. "N-no I-i'm too weak. We need to get out of here before they come back!" He seemed like he was in a state of panic.

"Who comes back?"

He pleaded. "NO DON'T MAKE ME REMEMBER! PLEASE!"


I tried to calm him down. "Ok ok, can you move solider?"

he coughed. "N-no I-i'm too weak."

I picked up his engineering gear and equipment and picked him up and supported him with my shoulder, helping him stand. We tracked our way back to Twilight's house, I think he was stable for the most part besides his mind I wonder what he saw. I passed him his pistol to at least defend himself.


50 minutes later

I kicked the door open and rushed the NOD soldier to the couch putting his down with his gear on the floor, That was defiantly more than 100+ pounds of equipment at least. Twilight stood there shocked at what just happened I just tole her. "Shut up and get a medic or a doctor, no questions we have a wounded soldier with us."

I sat right next to him, staring in his visor. "C'mon stay with me we're going to get you out of this!" my hand on his shoulder.

2 Hours later

Turns out Fluttershy had some basic medical care, she stabilized the soldier and he is now resting on the couch the bleeding for the most part did stop. Turns out he had some serious damage to his body I mean it was like a Hammerhead gunship unloaded into him with AP rounds. Its been two hours since Fluttershy left and our local NOD was placed in a bed. Hopefully when he wakes he can answer some questions.

As if it were magic I heard a groan. The soldier said weakly, looking at me at the end of the bed. "Where am I? What happened?"

"You passed out on the couch and were moved up to this bed, we tried to fix you up as best as possible, the bleeding stopped and your wounds are healing slowly."

"We?"

"Long story but there are ponies and YOU are the last NOD soldier on this planet and I the last GDI. And question who are you?"

He coughed. "Private First Class Jax Kryson of the Third Infantry Division."

I shook his hand. "Private Kyle Cyra, charmed. But if I may ask do you remember what happened, why were you trapped?"

"A little yes."

"Mind telling me?"

"You deserve to know..."

FLASHBACK

11:42 One hour before the GDI base raid

NOD base checkpoint

Jax's POV

I just finished talking to my C.O about the recent damage to some of our tanks, I was ordered to meet up with some grease monkeys to fix up an Avatar. I walked back to the Motor pool from the Checkpoint. The air was crisp and the wind was picking up, it was odd it has not been like this so suddenly. I heard screaming, I looked to the checkpoint entrance to see two rifleman running past the checkpoint to get in. There was a bright burst of light, one of the soldiers were killed by a beam of concentrated light. I was honestly scared GDI did not have this kind of technology.

Alarms began to blare, soldiers rushing to their post. all of the sudden I saw our shredder turrets pop our from the ground, the sound of shredder turrets were music to my ears but in reality they were a sound that all enemy infantry feared.

A black hand confessor grabbed my shoulder and ordered me. "SOLDIER I WANT YOUR ASS IN THE WOODS ASAP WE GOT SOME ASSHOLES WHO THINK THEY CAN TAKE US BY SURPRISE!!!"

I nodded to him and took my rifle off safety and double timed it to the checkpoint and hopped a ride on a Raider buggy going out to intercept the enemy. I hopped in the passenger seat as Infantry stormed the forest, gunshots rang out in the distance. We were going about 60mph that's when we saw our foe.

I turned to the driver and asked. "Are those pon--" The driver just got a hole in his head. "HOLY SHIT!" I took control of the buggy's gun and shredded the pony that killed the driver. The blood stained the trees and grass, organs were mashed against the trees. He was eviscerated. I pushed the driver out of the buggy and got in the driver's seat, I stepped on the gas and turned on the headlights to see more ponies in battle armor. I went into 4 wheel drive and gunned it, went straight for the group of ponies. I heard screams then bones breaking and organs squishing. I checked the tires, they were stained with blood and bones, the tires leaving a trail of blood.

I felt and urge of rage spread through my body, I felt fanatical, I want to avenge my brothers in arms. I yelled over the engine. "PEACE THROUGH POWER!!"

Gunfire crackled everywhere, screams pierced the air, the once quiet night filled with blood. That's when the night began to be lighten ablaze by non other than the black hand. Their operators began to burn them alive, the flesh burning right off. I heard devilish laughs from them, the felt no emotion.

The ground began to shake, tremors..there was an Avatar deployed I guess our commander really wanted to finish this fight now, behind it was squads of confessors and shadow teams..they wanted them dead. A large beam of fire went past me, cutting the trees down, lighting them ablaze. The confessors formed a firing line and opened up, they didn't care what they hit, some rounds even hit the buggy.

I began taking hits, one of the wheels of the buggy popped, sending me steering into a tree. I got out of the buggy and picked my rifle up and ducked behind the buggy. I saw something in the distance...was no pony..it was different. A green light appeared.

I screamed. "NO!!!!!!"

End of Flashback

Jax sighed. "Sorry everything passed there is a blur."

I patted him on the back. "It's fine just get your rest you'll need it.."

Author's Note:

SOOOO SORRRRYYY I was busy playing my new Xbox One and I totally forgot about this...but i'm back no worries..To make up I doubled the length of the chapter..thanks for reading thanks- Ben