• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 964 Views, 18 Comments

Tales of Friendship - Jigoku Luna



An collaboration crossover of Tales of Xillia and MLP.

  • ...
2
 18
 964

Prologue

Author's Note:

I would like to thank Dirty Bit for editing this chapter but also providing the opening dialogue for the first scene of the Prologue.

"What could this mean?"

That was what the Princess of Friendship wanted to know, upon looking at the map that was showing a landscape that she hadn't seen before. Being an active reader of books, she was familiar with all kinds of locations and what they look like around the world. Her friends stood in their thrones watching the alicorn trot back and forth with uncertainty.

Applejack was the first to break the silence, "Heck if Ah knew. All Ah can say is that we jus' have t' go an' check it out."

"Duh! That's what adventure's all about. We'll never know til we get there!" Rainbow Dash boasted, flying in the air using her forelegs to punch the air.

"Wherever our destination lies, I do hope it's more pleasant than our time liberating that town Starlight Glimmer controlled." Rarity added using her magic to fan herself.

"Whatever it is, we can't ignore something that requires our presence. What say we get to it right now?" Twilight stated looking at the arrow pointing at an unknown city.

"Alright! We're going on another quest!" Pinkie shouted.

"Um...Shouldn't we bring supplies for our trip, just in case?" Fluttershy muttered.

"Of course! It's not a quest without supplies, silly!" Pinkie said giving the shy Pegasus a wide gin.

"Why do Ah get th' feelin' we're steppin' into one o' Pinkie's fantasies?" Applejack muttered to Rarity.

"I don't know...I feel it as well, all of the sudden..." Rarity replied feeling a sense of worry.

"Weird..."

Taking her attention off the map to her friends, Twilight said, "Ok, here's the plan. Pinkie, you and Applejack will be in charge of the food supplies. I'll try to see if I can find some information of this place in any of the books with Rainbow's and Fluttershy's help."

"I'm afraid things aren't that simple..." the sound of Luna 's voice could be heard. Twilight and her friends turned their attention to the door to see Luna with Celestia by her side. "Princess Twilight Sparkle, I had hoped to see you again, yet I wish it was under better circumstances for some troubling news has come forth."

Twilight asked the one question that was in everypony's mind, "Is Tirek back?"

"You all have no need to worry about him." Celestia answered, easing everyone's worries. "However, that doesn't mean that the situation isn't any less dire. Twilight, bearers, It pains me to say that a new threat to Equestria and other kingdoms will be appearing from another world."

The girls gasped in shock at the shocking news, with Rarity being the most the dramatic. Twilight was the only one of the lot keeping her calm. She decided to address her former teacher with the first question on her mind.

"Princess, can you tell us more?" Twilight asked.

"In due time," Luna was the one who answered her question. "But first, prepare supplies you'll need for the journey that awaits you. Twilight, take us to where you stored the mirror."

"Uh, princess, I don't mean to rude but who will take care of my animals while we're away?" Fluttershy asked, only to back away when Luna looked her way. "That is.. if that's okay.."

"What about that new friend of yours from the Gala?" Rainbow asked, flying over to her. "I better go let the weather team know that I'll be saving the world again."

"Oh, your right! I better go and ask her!" Fluttershy said leaving the area.

Rainbow followed behind leaving Twilight and the remaining girls in the room. Applejack and Pinkie Pie used this time to back to their homes to get what was needed for the trip. The three princesses and Rarity were the only ones left.

"I better wake up Spike..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minutes passed until everyone was gathered in the room where the mirror was located. Luna and Celestia stood in front of it with worried looks on their faces. Endless possibilities of what this new danger could be filled Twilight's mind with dread. She wasn't sure what this new world was going to be like but she knew she would have her friends there by her side.

"Everyone," Luna finally spoke getting everyone's attention. "You all are about to embark on a journey to this new realm to stop humans from firing a weapon known as the the Lance of Kresnik." With these words she used her magic to project an 3D image of the weapon. "We were made aware of it by a vision.. however, this image was all we've gathered of it."

"Twilight, when you sent me that letter about the map, it led me to believe it's showing us the location of this weapon." Celestia added.

The girls started to discuss among themselves about the shocking news while Twilight stared at the mirror deep in thought. From what she gathered, the one who sent them the vision must be a very powerful being to able to affect the map in such a way. The fact that the connection was cut meant that she or he must of been captured or worse.

The fact they were all called disproved that this world was the one that she had been to twice. Sunset would of told her if anything was amiss, or if a new danger was coming. The fact that Luna said humans meant this world also had them...but there was one question that was bugging her.

"Luna, are you saying that humans created this weapon?" Twilight asked, to which the princess of the night nodded, confirming what she thought.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle, we have reason to believe that these humans that built this awful weapon don't represent all of humanity. Please take that into account when you mingle with the locals, okay? Then again, you all know this from Twilight's adventures from the other world, right?" Luna said to the other five mares and dragon, who all agreed. "Very well then, Twilight, join us as we combine our powers to open the gateway to this new realm!"

Twilight looked at her friends, "You all ready for this?"

"Are you kidding?! I'm ready to drop some flank kicking on these guys!" Rainbow stated excitedly.

"I have to admit I'm interested to see what these humans considered fashion." Rarity remarked.

"You betcha, sugercube."

"Uh, sure. I'm.. ready."

"Pinkie Pie is here and ready to party!"

"And don't forget your number one assistant."

Twilght smiled and trotted into the middle of the two sisters before giving the go ahead. All three pointed their horns at the mirror as small glow started the form. The remaining girls and Spike watched the three princesses as the light grew in size. The obvious stress of the spell can be seen just from their body language. The sudden blast of the spell forced the mares and the dragon to cover their eyes.

After a few moments, Twilight's voice called out, "Girls, it's time to go."

The first time that they saw upon uncovering their eyes was the mirror, namely the glass rippling like water. By the mirror was Twilight, who was the first to enter. They followed her as the girls disappeared through the portal one by one.The last thing that happened once everyone was gone was Luna looking at her older sister with worried eyes.

"Are you sure they will be alright, sister? The Great Spirits..." Luna said not wanting to finish was she was going to say.

"I'm sure they do fine with Maxwell on their side..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Twilight, wake up!"

"Spike..." Twilight was about to continue when the first thing she saw upon opening her eyes was that Spike was still a dragon. "Does that mean..."

"Yeah."

The confirmation left Twilight with so many burning questions that needed answering. They would have to be saved for later as she had friends to wake up. She managed to get everypony to open their eyes with Spike's help.

"Whoa, that was weird." Rainbow said rubbing her head with an hoof. "Is this how you felt when you and Spike followed that Sunset pony?"

"Yes," Twilight stated. "The problem is why the mirror didn't change us into humans. However, we have a bigger issue and that is finding this weapon..."

"The question is where do we start looking?" Spike pointed out. "I mean, we don't seen to be near a city of any kind."

"Maybe there's one nearby...but with us not humans I'm sure we're be getting lots of attention. I could use that spell that turned us into breezies." Twilight suggested, frowning. "The two problems with that is that I have to let my magic rest before I tackle the spell and we would need a human."

"Great..." Rainbow deadpanned before she noticed Applejack looking around. "What's the matter, AJ? Scared?

"Shut it, Rainbow." Applejack fired back. "I just I don't trust this place worth a hill of beans."

"She's right...." Rarity said uneasy."I feel that we're being watched..."

"Yeah, let's..." Twilight was cut off before she could finish what she was going to say by the sound of something falling down to the ground. She and the others turned to the source of the noise and saw three monsters surrounding them. "I think.. it's best that we leave now.." She said anxiously as she and the others began backing away.