• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 188 Views, 1 Comments

At Equestria's End - Camo



When the zombie apocalypse breaks out, Camo and her friends must find somewhere safe, but does such a place exist?

  • ...
 1
 188

Beginning of the end

Camo sat under the bright gold and silver chandelier, sipping punch and watching the party go on before her.

“Hey Cam! Like the punch?” Myth trotted up to Camo, who didn’t take notice of the noisy red Pegasus.

“Best. Punch. Ever!” Camo chuckled.

“Well, It IS pretty amazing. But, then again, it was made by me, so OF COURSE it is.” Myth boasted loudly.

The two pegasai chatted wildly about the awesome party, when the bell for camo’s front gate rang.

“But… everyone is here? Myth questioned. “Did you invite anyone else?”

“No.” Camo said, puzzled.

She flipped her short, green and brown mane and stood up, walking to the door. As soon as the door opened, everyone in the party was met by a horrible shrieking noise. Streaks, a unicorn that went to their high school, was madly clawing at the gate, attempting to get in. Six earth ponies were closing in on her. Camo watched with a questioning look, before gasping. The ponies had pure black eyes. Camo raced to the gate, but it was too late. One of the ponies had grabbed Myth and bit into her throat, sending blood flying onto the white wooden panes of her fence. Streaks eyes rolled to the back of her head, then she stopped breathing. The music had stopped. All of the party guests were crammed at the windows, watching the horrors unfurl. Gretchly, the lavender unicorn, was losing her guts into a vase holding fake roses.

Then, without warning, Streaks stood up.

“But she was dead!” Asher squeaked.

“Her eyes!” Myth gasped.

Streaks eyes had turned black, like the other ponies and her cutie mark, previously a question mark had turned into a black 'X'.
Streaks smiled, then everything inside the cloud mansion erupted into pandemonium. Camo, the only level-headed one, was trying to shout over the top of everyone before screaming.

“Everyone! Calm the buck down!”

Everyone in the cloud house froze.

“Something is going on, and we need to stay level headed to get through this.”

“This can’t be happening!” Blue Lilly cried, and Asher put her hoof around her, trying unsuccessfully to calm the bawling blue Pegasus.

“What are we supposed to do? Scott asked.

“Well, we obviously need weapons, because those things are going to kill us. We need to defend ourselves!” Myth stepped forward.

“This is like those stupid zombie movies, where only one pony survives.” Lilac Pageturner said softly.

“Well, all of us are surviving this. Even at the cost of my own life, I swear none of you are going to die” Camo shouted.

“Well, at least none of us are going to die while I’m around!” Myth did a flying backflip, spreading her giant purple and red wings, then landing in a karate stance.

“Thankyou for that display! Now can we hurry up and find supplies so we can get out of here?!” Aimee said rolling her bat-pony eyes dramatically.

Ten minutes later, everyone was assembled in the living room with sacs full of supplies, withvarying degrees of usefulness.

“Now, Pageturner, do you REALLY think that we need that many books?” Camo asked her unicorn friend.

“How else are we supposed to live?! Besides, they are the stupid books I found in Myths room, the ones about the zombie apocalypse and all of that crap.” Pageturner explained.

“Okay then… Wait, Myth! Why do you have so many knives?” Camo rolled her eyes.

“How else are we supposed to live?” Myth cried, mimicking Pageturner’s pleas.

“Let’s just hope that everyone else brought stuff that is more convenient than a sack of knives. You know we don’t need that many?” Camo giggled.

Camo went through the sacks, and found most of the stuff useable. Most of the stuff.

“Gretchly! We don’t need makeup during a zombie apocalypse!”

“But! I NEED IT! PLEEEEASE!”

“Fiiiiiiiiine. But you are carrying it, and when you run out we aren’t stopping at the shopping centre to get more.”

Ten minutes later, everyone was gathered around the front door, going over the plan to get to Camo’s neighbours truck.

“Okay, who is going to drive?” Camo asked.

“I will! Then I can squish heads, no matter if they are zombie or not! Hehe” Myth cackled evilly.

“Yeah, no. I am not trusting you behind any wheels after you say that! How about you drive?” Camo asked Scott.

“Okay.” He said abruptly.

“Bookworm? I need you to help get everything in the truck, while Myth, Asher, Aimee and I fight them off. Everyone else gets the supplies into the back of the truck. After, we need two pegasai on top of the truck, in case any zombies get too close for comfort. That can be Myth and I. Everyone know what they are doing?” Camo asked briskly.

“Gee, Cam. Since when did you get so commando?” Myth asked sarcastically.

“It’s in the name.” She said back with a grin. “Camo as in Camouflage.”

“Whoa, whoa, wait. Why am I going to help fight of the zombies?” Aimee asked rudely.

“You are a bat-pony. You have claws at the end of your wings to help you fight, so it’s either you fight, or you get left behind. EVERYONE is going to do their part. Questions? No? Good. We go in three… two…”

Everyone in the room tensed, preparing themselves to run. The four combat pegasai tightened their grip on the knives.

“One!” Camo shouted.

Everyone ran towards the fence, slicing their way through the waves of zombie-ponies coming towards them. Myth let out a scream that made everyone panic. Camo looked back to see myth covered in blood, and she had a smile on her face that belonged in a mental institution.

“Hehe… I KILLED Streaks. AGAIN!” She laughed hysterically, then abruptly stopped. Metres in front of Myth was a red Pegasus with a spiky rainbow mane.

“B-B-Badass?” Myth squeaked. She looked at her boyfriend, only, he wasn't himself anymore.

“What are you doing? You’re gonna get killed!” Camo swooped down to get Myth, then grabbed her, flying her over to the truck and set her down. After triple-checking that she was out of zombie reach, Camo flew back to the others, helping cull the zombies assembling in Camo’s front yard.

Three minutes later, all of the zombies had either been decapitated, or had holes where their brains should have been. Camo double checked they were dead by stepping on their skulls, crushing them upon impact. Flying back to the truck she stopped. Myth was still sitting on top of the semi-trailer, crying. Myth didn’t react, even when Camo softly nudged her in the ribs.

“Hey Myth, are you OK? You know what? Scrap that. Myth. WILL you be OK? You need to be! Everypony in this truck is relying on you.”

“I killed them. I killed innocents. They had people that loved them! Families even! THEY WERE INNOCENT! AND I KILLED THEM!” Myth broke into another fit of tears.

“I killed Sapphire Sword. She was my buddy from year 12 boot camp two years ago. She couldn’t make it to the party, but she came anyway. Well, she came to eat the guests, but still. Look, the point is, we NEED to kill those zombies. They are no longer ponies. And even if you brought them back, would they want to live, knowing what they did? Myth, there is a large group of ponies out there fighting so they can survive. Yes, they are holding knives, but only YOU can hold a knife and smile. Only you can be happy whilst covered in blood. Don’t you get it? We NEED you! We need you Myth!” Camo hugged her best friend, then wiped a tear from her eye with the tip of her hoof.

Myth smiled, the stood up, the look of hopelessness replaced with a look of bravado.

“I hope you saved some zombies for me cuz there is a patch on my knife that isn’t red.” Myth laughed.

Whilst they were sitting, looking at the stars, the truck lurched forward, and their journey began.

At that very moment, Camo felt as if everything was fine. As long as the people she cared about were happy, she was happy.
Even if it costs my life Camo thought I will protect all of the people I care about. Even through death I will stick to my word. Even through death.

Author's Note:

Chapter 2 on it's way!!! to be released during the next two weeks