• Published 16th Jun 2015
  • 193 Views, 3 Comments

Pony Beats - JonathanSharp



Beat is a pony who escaped from an underground testing facility, and meets his lost comrades on a quest to save Equestria.

  • ...
 3
 193

Chapter 2: the gist of it

Rainy Days was a yellow Pegasus with a green mane. She was a weather pony and a mail mare. She had always worked two jobs since she had gotten out of Cloudsdale academy. She had heard of the changeling attacks on Canterlot before, but they were all fended off by the royal guard. She never knew how exactly they fended the changelings off, with the princesses unable to use the elements of harmony, but they always came through. She was trotting to the hospital to deliver the medicine in a package, when she heard a deafening thump. She turned around, startled at the loud sound to find a grey Pegasus without an id had crashed into a tree. She gasped as the leaves settled and she saw blood oozing from a large cut on his head. She swore she had seen a slight shimmer in his form, that went away when she blinked. She quickly got her first aid kit out and put gauze on his which made him let out a cry of pain. She put him on her back and started galloping to the hospital. It started to rain on her.

"Help!" Rainy cried as she burst through the door to the hospital panting. The doctors turned and gasped as they saw the severely injured and weak grey Pegasus fall to the floor, unconscious and barely breathing while his savior collapsed from exhaustion.

"What are you going to do to me?" Said Rainy nervously, a bit of fear in her eyes. "Why, I'm going to repay you of course." Said beat as he remembered her carrying him to the hospital. She froze at the implications of the word repay. What did he mean by that? She thought to herself, not knowing what he meant to do. Was he awake when she had saved him? Or did he see her going through his saddlebag and finding that weird cider potion? Was he mad, or happy? Did he want to do something to her? She started to faint when he grabbed her foreleg and kissed it, causing him to blush. He then hugged her and thanked her for being so kind.

"You're the second pony I've met that's been so kind to me" he said while shaking with happiness. "I've been beaten, yelled at, and driven to insanity all my life, but you're the first to treat me like a real pony." He then let go of her and trotted over to the window. "My captors are probably everywhere looking for me." He said as he looked down at the floor. "Who?!" Said rainy as she snapped back to reality. "Captors?! Who, and what are they? No more slave organizations exist anymore."

Beat shrugged and opened his saddlebag. "I don't know about slavers, but they ran a lot of tests on me and killed many other ponies." He pulled out a notebook. "I can't read but I found this notebook in my saddlebag. It seems to write itself. Could you take a look at it?" He waved it at her.

"Sure, I'd love to." She took the notebook and opened it to page 1. It was a neatly written notes section on some kind of experiments called evolution of sound. But only the title was written in equestrian. The rest was written in a foreign language that she had never seen. She turned the page to see that words were being written as she looked at it. It was a list of titles under a header that read performances. The first one read "I can't remember." The rest were blank boxes of varying sizes and shapes.

"Wow, that's weird." She said as she hoofed it over to him. "I couldn't actually read most of it." She sighed. "And here I thought you were going to do something to me." She said embarrassed. "What do you mean, hurt you or something?" Said Beat, who was confused. "Maybe, I thought you might..." The thought trailed off as she blushed immensely. She looked him over. He wasn't very colorful, but he was muscular and his coat was shiny and soft. She then realized he was very handsome colt, he even seemed her age. She looked away and thought to herself. "He's kind of cute. Maybe he's interested or something." She looked at him again. "I thought you might have meant something more.. adult as payment." She said while blushing even more. Beat cocked his head to the side, having no clue what she meant by adult. "Whatever do you mean by that." He said walking closer. He tripped on an iv stand, falling onto rainy and knocking her over. His face fell onto her crotch, and she let out a yelp of surprise. Beat started to get up, but heard hoofsteps on the other side of the door. He quickly got back down again and put a hoof on rainy's mouth to keep her quiet.

"He should be up now Madam." Said a doctor on the other side of the door. "Good. I should bring him back home soon." Said an oddly familiar voice. The door to the room rattled. "Oh. I must've locked the door, let's go get the keys." "Ok, I need to see him quickly though." The hoofsteps resumed, and they eventually faded.

Rainy squirmed on the floor. She moved Beat's hoof from her mouth and stood up. "Well.. That was.. Strange. And umm, who was that?" She said while looking away and blushing. "She's.." He started to say but couldn't as a large headache formed, causing him to cry out in pain. "I can't remember, but we need to leave, now!" He opened the window to find a group of ponies standing around the entrance. He recognized all of those faces. He grabbed Rainy's hoof and jumped out the window to fly to the nearest cloud. Rainy squirmed in his grasp, and tried to fly away, but when she saw the confused and panicked expression on his face, she decided to go with him.

They climbed onto a cloud and hid from the crowd of ponies at the entrance to the hospital. "So, what's going on in the outside world these days." Asked a slightly calmer Beat in a hushed tone. Rainy was confused at the question, but then remembered that Beat was captured all his life, and would have no idea of society, culture, economics, or even politics. "Well, I better tell you something." She said while shrugging.

"Equestria is a pony civilization in which the two princesses of the sun and moon watch over. There are other races, but let's stick to Equestria. So there are four races of ponies: the earth ponies, the unicorns, the pegasi, and the alicorns. There are mostly earth ponies, who are in tune with nature, science, and have incredible strength. The unicorns are a physically weaker race with the ability to cast magic and can manipulate things around them just by thinking. The pegasi are basically earth ponies with wings and the ability to manipulate clouds to control weather. Alicorns at all other pony races combined, they are the rulers of this land, and boast great power."

"The currency system we use in equestria are bits, which are round gold coins. We are currently at war with the changelings, who are a race of bug like alicorns that are substantially weaker, can copy any pony's form, they feed on love, and are led by a queen, whose power rivals Celestia's. Oh, and Celestia is the princess of all ponies, and the one who raises the sun. We treat the alicorns like gods, because they are extremely powerful, and live for up to 10,000 years. There was a group of six ponies that could wield our ultimate weapon, the elements of harmony, but all but one of them died in the line of duty while fighting the lord of chaos, Discord."

Beat listened vigorously while keeping an eye on the crowd. "Hold on a second." Beat said to Rainy as a beautiful earth pony walked out of the doors to the hospital with an angry look on her face. Beat immediately got enraged at the sight of her face and started to grit his teeth. It was... mother.

Author's Note: